SUNRISE MEDICAL GROUP Employee Reviews

best medical practice
Medical Office Assisting/Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 25, 2018
the workers strive to get the patients here and their, the work team can be a bit overwhelming. the best thing is come to work do your job and go home.
Managers make the difference
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 5, 2018
Managers make the difference. Some managers are Good on paper and working behind the scene but lack customer service skills. That was the biggest issue I saw.
great place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 28, 2018
I love working here and the staff it just a little far for me to come to every day just want something a little closer to home. Had learned a great deal here, just so far to travel.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
they use your time for day and holidays off
Great Company
Accounts Payable Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 20, 2018
I have been respected and loved by all. I was dedicated, loyal and honest which they appreciated immensely. Whenever I needed to see my personal physicians, they were always accommodating. I do think they should go paperless in all Finance.
Doctor retired
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2017
Took VS, Phone Triaged/Accessment, Neb Tx, Proper Documentations, Bi-Lingual Interpretations, Injections, Immunizations and Oral Medication dispensing ordered by Physician, Catheterization, Suture Removal.
Sterile and Unsterile Dressings, ETC.
Pros
Free Lunch, medical care, Team Work, Organized
Cons
Unsatisfied/Irrate patient
hectic
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 7, 2017
Very Busy all day long, high call volume and patient volume. Many females so very intimidating. You have to be prepared to deal with alot of patients daily.
Productive but stressful at times but all in all a decent work place
Medical Office Professional/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 3, 2017
Typical work day for me was always busy but busy is good & sometimes it could be a little stressful but I'm sure that's true with any job. I learned if you go your job & do it well it will benefit you in the long run. Management was good but some supervisors were too into their title & not their position. Workplace culture was basically good but too many office gossipers & would of liked more initiative from some employees & not so much animosity towards others. The hardest part of my job was not always getting solutions to some problems. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with some very nice people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great environment and work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 13, 2016
Work is where we develop and find ourselves to do what we like or love to do. I enjoyed my days working at Sunrise Medical Group. Of course there are good days and bad days but which job or position in your life doesn't have those. I am a fast learner and an excellent employee and will learn to expand my abilities.
Pros
Not only did I get to help my patients, I worked with a great team of physicians.
Cons
We should all be able to work with little mishaps or set backs.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 2, 2016
I worked in quality assurance so I inspected hospital equipment. I learned something new everyday how equipment worked and how to build them. I worked with great people. The hardest part of the job when we had to do a recall and rebuild or reinspect all over again. The best part is when there were no defects its very rewarding
Small company good for gaining experience.
Externship/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 27, 2016
Was able to train and gain experience. Since it is a small company there is no room for growth. The benefits are not so great since it is a small company and the cost of medical insurance is very high.
Great team to work with
Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 1, 2015
Worked claim denials for 5 MD's, our manager had a great open door policy. Everyone worked together which other in a very positive
way, this was a geat job
Pros
Free lunches and bonuses
Cons
Pay rate low, eventually had to seek another position elsewhere
Would not recommend
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sunrise FloridaJanuary 15, 2015
HR department are intimidating and put you in a hostile enviroment. You are in constant fear of keeping your job.
Pros
Great Physicians
Cons
Poor Communication to practices
Physician
Physician (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, NMJanuary 11, 2015
Work in two different rural clinics in eastern New Mexico. From the support staff to the administrators and even the community members are all treated like family. Every provider I have had the privilege to work with other physicians and mid levels are supportive, compassionate and knowledgable
favoritism
Sunrise Medical Group Supervisor Gus (Former Employee) –  brooklyn,NYNovember 30, 2014
the doctors are great but the management sucks she don't consider the new employees and very hypocritical.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Busy Primary Care Practice with great Medical Staff and Physicians
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLMarch 1, 2014
Worked in Primary Care Office on an average day we saw about 30-40 patients. I worked collaborately with my boss. The staff worked hard and we all got along well. It was a very busy office but I learned a great deal. I learned how to deal with difficult patients but most of the time our patients were friendly. I developed an increase knowledge in treating patients with diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, chest pain, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was the appreciation and gratitude I received from my patients. The hardest part of my job was dealing with some most difficult patients who did not want to see a nurse practitioner but only the physician.
Pros
Bonuses free lunches at times
Cons
limited benefits: no sick time, no 401k plan
Organized environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 29, 2013
Scheduled appointments, registered patients and distributed sample pharmaceuticals as prescribed.
Assisted in the maintenance of medical charts.
Distributed reports to appropriate doctors.
Arranged x-ray films to be interpreted by the radiologist.
Verified patients' eligibility and claims status with insurance agencies.
Prepared patient charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary.
Examined patients' insurance coverage, deductibles, possible insurance carrier payments and remaining
balances not covered under their policies when applicable.
Maintained strict patient and physician confidentiality.
Treated all patients, their families, visitors, peers, staff and providers in a pleasant and courteous manner.
A job you'll enjoy working at everyday
Medical Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 24, 2013
It's like any doctor's office. High volume of calls and patients every day.The reps offer free lunch, the employees are fun to work with and most patients are always satisfied.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 19, 2013
Work Environment was very hectic, on the go multiple incoming and outgoing clients. Co-workers were a pleasure to be around. Always enjoyed medical reps coming in and ordering lunch for us.
Pros
Good Learning Experience
Cons
Stressful at Times
Best place to work
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 4, 2013
Best company I worked for
The doctors are wonderful
This is a very busy place so the time goes by fast
Excellent opportunities foe advancement
Ok
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2012
It was very busy and hectic but I didnt mind that, The management there is no set hierarchy and for me staying way past my clock out time and being the only staff member left at late hours of the night because of mis scheduling.
Pros
free lunches