Sunrise Medical Laboratories Employee Reviews

It can be fun at times.
Billing and Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 3, 2019
Managers need training on how to talk to people. They also need to keep the place clean. They merged with other institution and now the place is
too crowded. The hardest part of the job are the managers, they make your job stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job are the activities they do to make it fun. I learned not to trust anyone, you should do your job to the best and remember nobody is your friend.
management in the billing dept are horrible bullies
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 28, 2019
Horrible a nightmare they all should be fired as far as the employees they are nice but afraid of management in the billing area are bullies the so called managers and assistant manager had certain person as there watch dog it felt like a boot camp not a work place.
Good stepping stone
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 21, 2019
If you're looking to get billing experience to move forward with, this is a good place to work. But it is not a very mature environment. There are fun events like a summer bbq and lab week but management isnt the best and can be unorganized.
Overwhelming work load
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 25, 2019
Nasty coworkers, a lot of gossiping and back biting, a lot of cultural differences that did not respect others, lots favorites along management from NY office, spoken to as if I was a child.
Unfriendly environment
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 17, 2019
The environment wasn’t that pleasurable to work. A lot of favoritism out. Everyone is smiling in your face and then talk about one another. Management is lacking in authority and the co-workers are horrible.
Sunrise Medical Laboratories
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 23, 2019
Great Place to work at. Great coworkers and management. Would recommend this job to anyone who is starting out because the management takes there time to help and train new Phelbotomist.
It is a great place to work and it’s some place to start.
Pre analytical specialist (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJune 21, 2019
In a place where everyone wants to experience its a great place to get that head start. It is a wonderful company to work for, it is a very fast paced job but can get slow at times. The pace either tends to make people stressed or if you’re a fast person you’re relaxed. The pay rate is decent and you accumulate paid time off to take vacation/sick days
Good learning experience
Chemistry Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJune 10, 2019
Good place to work. State of the art equipment. Tuition reimbursement. Decent pay. Steady work but very fast paced. Very flexible hours and people are nice
Fun and easy
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 6, 2019
Perfect schedule they are flexible and people are nice to work with pay is depending on your experience and depending on the office you get to work doctors are friendly and sometimes the office gets free lunch
Pros
Depending in the office you are you get free lunch, easy schedule very flexible no body bother you
Cons
Nothing really..
Horrible
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 29, 2019
Horrible place to work would not recommend anyone to this company. Take your skills and experience elsewhere. They will use and abuse you. Management sucks! They are an awful company.
Horrible
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2019
Poor communication skills between employees and supervisor. Was hired to start sent me for training and none of my co workers had knowledge of me even being there. Did not get no proper training was just left there to draw blood all day. No introduction to how they work or process no introduction to how they operate their computer. Then fired me after the second day because blood work came back wrong! How did you expect everything to go well when sent to a site without even being trained
Highest starting pay in Hicksville NY is 2 dollars over minimum wage
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 29, 2019
Everyday was a worse experience. Literally no training. Although entertaining to see two people smiling and hanging with eachother then, hear how bad they talk about one-another when separated. Facilities are not clean, and have vermin. You want to survive? Do your work and socialize with No One. Its amazing to get bloodwork from someone who is talking to friend on they're earpiece while drawing. There is literally no limit to how many attempts someone will do another puncture when failing. I would never let anyone of them draw on myself or my loved ones. Places look like they haven't cleaned in ages.
Pros
They aren't the only place to get bloodwork
Cons
There isn't a strong enough disinfectant
productivity and fun
Billing and Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2019
It is fun if you have a great team, from manager to workers,
I learned that it is up to you to make it fun
They need a little more to brush their skills
There is no hard part of the job if you like what you do
The most enjoyable part is to accomplish what it needs to be done at the end of the day.
Pros
the little parties indoors and barbeque are fun
Cons
30 minutes to short for a long day.
Not a great place
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 21, 2019
Lots of favoritism. Efforts of good workers are not seen. Some workers can get away with everything including taking frequent breaks and taking only the easy work. If you are a hard worker, more work will be pushed onto you.
I love going to work
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 7, 2019
I am a Phlebotomist in the Winchester Va area. I commute a lot to several areas. I draw blood at multiple nursing homes in the area. I have never had a job that i am up before the alarm clock goes off.
Nice place to work
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 26, 2019
Nice place to work,nice hours, very convenient. I worked by myself, taking care of a Patient Care Service Center with some occasional assistance.

Hardest part of the job was to take care of send out tests, where instructions for patients and laboratory technicians were unclear, and patients came unprepared (i.e not fasting) for testing.

I enjoyed building relationships with our patients, who came regularly to the laboratory.The company culture was to put patients first, and to treat them like family.
Pros
Close to home, no weekends
Cons
Unclear instructions for send-out tests
Fast Pace enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 10, 2019
• Answering various phone calls to assist Doctors or Nurses for patients results, supply orders and picking up specimens
• Calling Doctor’s office to verify tests, no test marked on test tubes or urine cup and notifying office staff with QNS or TNP
• Verifying patients information or correcting the information from the Doctors request forms
Helpful environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 30, 2019
Everyone in the company is willing to help out when needed. It is very different from other labs I have worked at. Yes you are a remote employee, but it is easy to get someone on the phone to answer any questions you have. I would recommend them to others.
Pros
Flexible with time off
Cons
A lot of gossip
Great culture/below market pay
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 24, 2019
I love working for the company, I wish I could work for a company like this for a lifetime but with a better paying salary range. They usually pay below or barely match the market and with cost of living so high this would not work for me
Though i have learned much, it is time for me to move on
Phlebotomist, NY (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 2, 2019
I feel they need more organized. I love my job, I love people. This company is good for students out of school. You learn so much, and you walk away with more than you came with for sure.
Pros
Work in generally easy environment
Cons
No organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Medical Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.