Sunrise Medical Laboratories Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
not worth it
Pre-analytical Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Babylon, NYJuly 2, 2018
from the day i started working till the day i left i met people that hated the place including supervisors. Some wished they found a better job and other's counted the days to leave.
Independed work place good hours, decent pay
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 15, 2018
A typical day at work is clock in, sign into your data system, start assisting patients with lab orders, obtain insurance info and ID's obtain labs, label, process, and input orders in to data base, package for pick up.
Management in the area is young and inexperienced at the job, not reliable and commination is not good at all within the company as a whole. The work place culture is morale is down and no fairness within the company in general. The hardest part of the job is getting a consistent and reliable answer to any questions in any regards to anything in general. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the people and the ones that request you by name and continue to come back time after time because YOU give excellent customer care.
Pros
Free lab work, good hours, ok pay
Cons
No consistanty in anything, favoritism, no real standards of procedures
The most boring job ever
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 25, 2018
I sorted and labeled bodily fluids all day and had little opportunity to talk to anyone. Hands down the worst job I have ever had. If you are a people person, this is not the place to work.
Pros
Cons
sorting bodily excretions all day
People i worked with
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 27, 2018
Early morning nursing home draws to late night doctor offices. Management was never around and poorly managed. Friendly employees. Met great customers and patients through work.
Pros
employees and friendships
Cons
short staff and hours
good workplace with a small gym for employees
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hicksville new yorkMarch 12, 2018
At Sunrise it was WHO you know, not WHAT you know. When sunrise started in hicksville, 20 years ago it had 9 transportation employees. @ of the 9 are now in charge. Poor training and as stated earlier, WHO you know not WHAT you know
I loved working for a job that cares about their employees.Amy is a great human resorse director, they offer a great benefits a reasonable schedule an
Medical Assistant/phlebotmist/EKG tech (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYMarch 7, 2018
It is a great company to work for,they can stand to pay a better hourly rate but other then that a very good company to work for.great benefits package,
Pros
working with a good team
Cons
when some one calls out sick and you are forced to work a lab by yourself
Best overnight job
Data Entry Supervisor - Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at sunrise. I learned various medical word terms. Manager was ok. I made friends that 10+years later we still keep in communication. I'm not going to say hard part of the job, I will say the time was somewhat difficult for it was graveyard shift I worked. But overall I enjoyed and loved working there.
Pros
Xmas party & summer company picnic
Cons
graveyard shift
Muy buen ambiente
Purchasing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hicksville en New YorkJanuary 9, 2018
Bueno el ambiente es muy bueno y si tienen cafe gratis, es un centro laboral donde se puede aprender mucho sobre los diferentes examenes e invita a seguir estudios tecnologicos. Es un centro donde se puede progresar y escalar por propio merito. Por ejemplo yo empece como empacador y termine como comprador jefe de equipo. En pocas palabras es muy buena compaƱia.
Pros
Seguro medico muy caro para tener tantas diferencias de salarios
Cons
Nunca se para el sector medico nunca para
Na
Cytology Preparation Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 7, 2017
I do not wish to share my opinion of this company. The separation was smooth. My position was relocated to another facility out of state and i did not wish to move out of state.
For the unexperienced lab assistant hematology
Hematology (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 16, 2017
I will only recommend this job for the unexperienced lab assistants. As other comments have mentioned, there is a lack of training. It is not a lab where you have more Hands-On work. Only the techs.

In the hematology department they have you cutting tape off the blood bottles through out the shift. This is why I see they will hire anyone with no experience to do such tedious work.

They make everything sound all good and as if you will be doing much more. Read between the lines. Things are not what they seem and things are never truth to what is told.
Benefits
Cons
Lousy pay, tedious work, unorganized and lack of communication
High volume work place
Processor (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYOctober 24, 2017
Very Busy work place time goes by fast, staff are very helpful, however the training could be much more better. but over all a nice place to work for.
Pros
car service
Cons
job traing
Very clean and organized.
Reference Technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 21, 2017
Very nice place to work for, but it was just a part time accessioning. They had a very organized system to work with and you were acknowledged by management for a job well done.
Pros
Really good place to work.
Cons
No full time positions.
Dead end job. No room for growth or advancement. The pay is very low for the amount of work you do.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
I've been employed with sunrise for 4 years. The interview process is fairly quick and easy. They ask you about 5 simple questions. Background check takes about a week. Quest is one of our competitors. Business is usually slow. We dont have a high volume of patients. Its an easy job. There's no supervision. You basically run the shift alone. Its a just a dead end job with no room for growth and pay is very low. $17 with exp and $15 without. There is no part time. Full time only. 700-400 pm or 830-500 pm.
Pros
You dont work under supervision
Cons
Low pay. They start at $17 per hour with experience. $15 without
Very nice people working there
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Very nice people working there
Managers are nice and thank you for the opportunity I hope one day I go back over there I really appreciated everything
Great work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 20, 2017
Great work atmosphere, Stress free, Management is great and willing to assist accommodate any issues that may arise. Co-workers is good to work with. Good hours and no pressure.
Pros
Stress Free
Cons
No tuitions reimbursement
good place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 5, 2017
Fast paced enviorment. Learned about how the clent side of busines sworks
People complaned but dd the job. cleint's were rude though. there is no hard part about the job
Okay kind of job.
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 31, 2017
Working with sunrise is great. Just focus on doing what you are suppose to do and you don't have to worry about anything else. You get assigned to different doctor's offices so be prepared to get along with anyone and everybody.
Cons
short breaks, no per diem
Every job is what you make it! It's up to you!
Phlebotomy Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 30, 2017
Sunrise Medical Laboratories was a great opportunity and great place to work! If I moved back to N.Y.,It would be the first place I would go back to! Great atmosphere and good people!
Nice work environment with room for advancement; Poor benefits
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 20, 2017
The work environment and Sunrise Medical Laboratories is pleasant.

However, the salary and benefits are not great.

Poor management in certain departments.

Heavy workflow during the night shift/understaffed.
Pros
Cafeteria; pleasant work environment; room for advancement
Cons
Poor benefits; poor salary
productive place to work with good pay
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed my experience at sunrise medical laboratory. It was a productive place to work and it provided opportunities to grow. The pay was good and the work environment was fast pace.
Pros
provided opportunities for growth
Cons
work load