Sunrise Medical Laboratories

Sunrise Medical Laboratories Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Sunrise medical Labs
The Sunrise experience varies heavily on what shift and department you are in. I worked Microbiology overnights for some time and loved it. I had a chance to switch to "day side" by going to another department. Bad choice. The manager there is crazy.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
poor management, hr is useless
Very Professional workplace
You will get a lot of consideration and respect specially if you are a Lab Tech. But you will feel more like a factory worker than a healthcare professional.
The most boring job ever
I sorted and labeled bodily fluids all day and had little opportunity to talk to anyone. Hands down the worst job I have ever had. If you are a people person, this is not the place to work.
Pros
Cons
sorting bodily excretions all day
high volume lab
Great staff, but short staff. Health insurance is very expensive and raises are only 2%/year based on your yearly review. Pay could be more competitive due to staffing issues.
Review
a typical day of work is all about the number of specimens processed. management is weak. most of the employees are unhappy. there are no set moral or incentive programs in place. people working there are understandably over stressed and frustrated. the hardest part of the job is dealing with supervisors who are having their own jobs threatened who have become moody. some have come to the point that they enjoy keeping their employees down. I wish I had something to write about most enjoyable, but I can't even say the paycheck was.
Pros
patients would recieve results in a timely fashion.
Cons
production is of a factory assembly line.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Medical Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.
Sunrise Medical Laboratories Reviews by Location