Sunrise Retirement Community Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fast paced and awesome work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 7, 2016
Assisting the residents at Sunrise Retirement Community with activities if daily living, allowed me to develop amazing relationships. Helping them eat, bath, dress, and other utility needs allowed me develop pertinent hands-on nursing skills. Working as a CNA at Sunrise Retirement Community allowed me develop therapeutic communication techniques as I cared for the patients. The awesome teamwork that my co-workers and I utilized created a safe and efficient patient care environment. The hardest part of the job was the physical stress that was put on my body. Manually lifting and rolling patients allowed me to develop adequate ergonomic techniques to prevent injuries. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to see the same patients continually. This enable amazing relationships to form between the residents and myself.
Lpn
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 28, 2015
It is a good place to work. The residents are great. the coworks will work with you. A typical day is you go in and get report and start administering medication.
friendly family environment, flexable with schedule, resident centered culture
Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  sioux city, iaApril 8, 2014
no typical day. each day was unique. management was helpful most times and understanding. my co-workers were like family as were the residents. sometimes i would be booked for several functions at different times which made it difficult. i loved what i did and was proud of my accomplishments. i received much praise from management, staff, and residents.
Pros
friendly work environment and able to be creative
Cons
the health insurance was very expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Retirement Community. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8