Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,374 reviews matching the search See all 1,493 reviews
Great people
Business Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2018
Employees at Sunrise are fun to work with. Great culture of working together to help others. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a positive difference in the resident's lives.
Pros
Free meal every shift, great staff
Cons
Management positions are very demanding
Fun place to work when getting to know residents
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 11, 2018
Some residents can be mean, but most are fun to work with.
Some of the staff needs to be trained on how to talk to care managers and residents with respect.
Pros
Spending time getting to know what residents like to do for fun
Cons
Management can do better
Great co workers
Recreation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2018
There is always someone who is willing to talk and help you through any situations you may encounter. There have been many times where i have been coached through a situation and learned from it.
Good Job
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Media, PAJuly 10, 2018
Nice Place To Work, Should Have Better Pay. It is A Homely Environment & You definitely build a bond with the residents and become a family. I would recommend my family member to stay there
Productive and fun relaxed place to work at
Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Holbrook NYJuly 9, 2018
In my experience working with the senior population I found that every person was unique in their personality and in their life experiences. It was interesting getting to know them as I helped take care of them and assist them with their daily routines. Moreover, I found that it made me a more patient, caring, and open-minded person. The most challenging part of the job was in adapting to the day-to-day changes.
Was a nice place to work,
Resident Assistant (memory Care) (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAJuly 5, 2018
I will like to have more time to interacting whit our residences,I think 2 people for area will help a lot,for example on morning time we can get a extra person to help .
Pros
Free lunches, good
Cons
A litte bit stressed at morning time.
fun workplace
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 4, 2018
assist resident with activities of daily living and focusing on the advancement of the company . very helpful to staff however, we worked as a team . the job was productive.
great job
Lead Care Manager/ Med-Tech (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work, nice people! Would recommend this job to CNA's and licensed medication aides, they have competitive wages and are willing to pay overtime.
Fun Workplace
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 2, 2018
Very fun people to work with. You meet nice people with different background. expectations are high due to the competition in all aspect of the business.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Non paid lunch
Director of Sales and Marketing
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 2, 2018
I loved working as a Director of Sales and Marketing in assisted living and memory care. Helping residents move into a safe environment where we could help them with their daily living activities was very rewarding.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
working Saturdays
na
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJuly 2, 2018
Not a bad place to work if your into health care. They offer very flexible schedules. Management was not so great. ///////////////////////////////////
not professional
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orangevale, CAJuly 1, 2018
horrible experience , unprofessional, lazy enviroment, was mean to residents didnt take care of there needs lack of responsibility would never work for this company again
Beware
Wellness Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 28, 2018
Assisted living turned nursing home. No support for nurses from inner management or upper management. Dangerous for both residents and employees.

All department heads cut throat and will do anything to get ahead.

No true compassion.

Stay far away from here if you value your license.

Residents and care managers (staff) deserve better!
Pros
Residents, care managers
Cons
Management, no support
A fun place to work with advancement
HOSTESS, COOK, (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDJune 28, 2018
I currently work here and I enjoy it very much. There are always your good and bad days. But other than that I pretty much enjoy working here. You have room to move up in this company.
Pros
pay, food, great company, benefits, good work environment.
caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 28, 2018
Work/life balance is very difficult i feel like sunrise is my life. The pay is okay. The management is ok. There is favortisim with certain employees. The communication between shifts is lacking.
Pros
residents
Cons
work/life balance
I love love love working with elderly people
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 23, 2018
I love working with elderly people just being around some of them listening to their stories and how wise they are . You just learn so much from just being around the and you grow a great bond with the they really become family
Pros
The Bonds
Cons
The Pay
CERTIFIED CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJune 22, 2018
Love working with the elderly people. The hardest part about working for this place was getting attached to the elderly and when they passed away it was very sad and hard to get over. management was great. I learned CPR training and medications courses as well.
Over worked, under staffed, under paid, and under appreciated
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 20, 2018
When I first started working for Sunrise it was great. We had an amazing care team, great leaders, and I truly enjoyed what I did. We have lost lots of staff and have gone through numerous coordinators in a matter of months. They are understaffed causing them to over work their current and loyal employees. There is little to no support from management yet caregivers are expected to pick up the slack everywhere and get things done. Our residents feel it too. It's a lot of hard work and there are so many days when I have to skip 15-minute breaks and lunch breaks. We constantly hear "we are working on it" but never see any results.

They can't keep staff because they under pay their staff and over work them. Management is just in it for the money. They want to keep their resident occupancy high but staff and budget low. If I didn't love our residents so much I would've left sooner
Pros
Sense of pride in your work, connections with residents
Cons
Poor management, under paid, little to no advancement, always short staffed
good experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJune 20, 2018
working 7-3pm was a good busy pace I enjoyed I have learnt a lot about dementia patients, safety measures to take
management was poor
very biased wasn't a diverse culture
the hardest part is communicating with management and staff
enjoyable part was taking care of patients
Worst place to work!!!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, NJJune 18, 2018
The favoritism was a big thing in Jackson, nj sunrise senior living. Mandatory we had to work a one day weekend but always got pulled to work every weekend. If someone refused to pick up hours they will punish us and screw our schedule and our request off will be deny. The lazy workers will be recognized due to favoritism and hard workers will never get recognized. The coordinator are very unprofessional and don’t know what they doing. I asked twice to become a CMA twice I got rejected one of the coordinator told me “Here we choose who we want to give the cma course . They had me working random days and when I requested to have a set schedule they just ignored me. Got tired of that place no one works as a team. That’s why everyone quit and they always are struggling to find workers they short all the time. I’m so glad I left that place now I feel happy I was so miserable in jackson sunrise.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight