Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sunrise Senior Living selected this as a representative review
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 31, 2018
Sunrise Senior Living has an incredibly strong culture for a company. The overall work/life balance is wonderful and Sunrise goes the extra mile to ensure employees stay focused and balanced. This is absolutely an organization I would recommend to my friends in all stages of their careers, but especially those who are looking for a long-term commitment.
Sunrise is a great place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/ Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2019
I would assist residents with Adl's, serve meals to the residents follow the correct order given by the doctor. I also administrator medication to resident's when I needed to. I participated in activities as well. I recently finish coordinator training where I am able to become a coordinator with in the company. The hardest part of the job would be losing a resident because they become your family as well as them having there own family.
Workers
Caregiver manger (Current Employee) –  Clayton rdJune 20, 2019
Not enough workers , they work you to the bone even when your doing your best and some , they try to flip the script on you that may cost you your job and there VERY unprofessional.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough help & bad management
honestly dont work here unless you dont mind complaining supervisor
Server (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 19, 2019
Say this place was great at the beginning now I don't know because if how coworkers are I hate all but one. This can be a rewarding job if you like senior citizens!
Pros
healthcare for full timers
It’s a good company I love working at Sunrise
Dishwasher/Prep Cook/ Sever and I cook (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 19, 2019
Well I have been with Sunrise almost 2 years and I work in the kitchen we have a new management and he is very racist we are scheduled to work from 4:30 AM to 12:30 PM but my hours have got cut from 7 AM to 12 noon and I am full time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Cut hour
Foodservice director (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NJJune 18, 2019
Work you like a dog...treat the employees bad....no pay for general staff.....no pay....long hours.. No break...mangers no care no teamwork.....call you at home all day long
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Disappointing
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJune 18, 2019
Management is horrible they're dishonest to residents and staff, morale is low, turnover rate is high, no quality of care avoid working and residing here.
Pros
There are SOME good staff members to work with that actually care
Great Place to work
MHT (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJune 18, 2019
This was an amazing place to work to get to know the residents as well as co workers a great family atmosphere. everyone worked together to get the job done. everyone always willing to help make sure the patients were properly cared for .
Pros
great work environment .
Cons
low pay for amount of duties
No review of this company
Front Office Concierge (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 17, 2019
I do not wish to review this company. It was a part time job and although I enjoyed working alongside the employees. I can not give a review of the overall company.
Great organization
Associate Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 13, 2019
Corporate management is wonderful. Great culture and atmosphere. I wish they had a community where I have recently moved to, but alas they don’t. I would give them 5 stars ✨
Pros
Great team
Cons
Community need updating
You have to have patience
LEAD CAREMANAGER (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 12, 2019
In this type of field you need a lot of patience. Not only for your residents but with your coworkers. The pay at the time for me was decent but I felt that the pay should have been more.
n/a
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJune 11, 2019
Working a second shift would include:
Taking residents to social activities
Taking residents to dinner
Serving dinner
Taking residents back to their rooms
Assisting with life activities for the rest of the night such as bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and mobility.
Every action must be documented.
The hardest part of the job comes from the staffing. It would be best to have at least 5 or more care givers on this shift, especially if there will be no server in the dining room.
Enjoyable work place
LPN (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 10, 2019
Sunrise is a good company to work for! I have been here for 9 years and look forward to coming in and seeing my residents every day! There are not m many other places like this one out there!
Overworked and Overscheduled
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 9, 2019
Very difficult to maintain your job responsibilities with short staffing and managers constantly working the floor. Turnover is high. Pay for caregivers is not high enough attract talent.
Not good!
Caregiver Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEAN byJune 9, 2019
Nothing more to say it was not a good place to work,worked in independent bldg lots of drama,and most importantly I feel & know alot of thr residents needed to be in another facility to receive more care.
but most of them stayed independent & did receive the care they need to....understaffed underpaid and the client suffers unfortunately. It's sad that $ is put before people's quality of life
not a best place to work
LPN Wellness Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 9, 2019
They make you work hard, short staff and poor pay! Not worth it! Not a best place to work! All they care is the money they make. Treat employees poorly!
Pros
Cons
Short staff!
Basic
Dining Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJJune 6, 2019
My average day was to come in start with morning meeting and go about the day with cooking serving meals. also deal with any issues that might have come up during the day
Fun place to work
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 6, 2019
I enjoyed working at Sunrise. All workers worked as a team . I regret that personal curcumtances forced me to have to leave without another community close enough to go too . It was a wonderful place to work .
Pros
Team work
Cons
Not fond of new District manager.
Management picks favorites, some policies suck, amazing residents
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 6, 2019
This job was good and bad. Was fired for calling in sick with dr notes too many times and also was a little late 1-8 mins regularly. I worked in housekeeping so I didnt need to hurry to relieve someone else of their duties. I thought it was unfair but otherwise some very friendly employees there and a good welcoming feeling when you start.
Pros
Free lunch, time with residents
Cons
A lot of work thrown at you cause others won't do it, poor communication, poor team work
It is a very great place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 5, 2019
Sunrise senior living of Decatur is a excellent place to work and a great place for your mom or dad to retire the residents are fun to be around ant talk to.
Pros
The starting pay is good the workers are fun and are good people
Cons
The management doesnt do anything on a timely basis, dosent focus on the big problems they nit pick
great
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2019
Staff supports each other and it is easy to feel like a family instead of co-workers. The ly deterrent is the pay, however, there is room for growth and training is available and they promote from within.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
pay is not enough to live on comfortably.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sunrise Senior Living.

Powered by Comparably