Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Well..
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 18, 2018
I worked overnights at Sunrise for almost 4yrs and I got to say, I miss my residents. The managemne was interesting, but they did try to work with you the best they could and helped support you when our residents would pass away.
Not a good place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 15, 2018
Staff was not very friendly. Staff were over worked and under paid.. There were cases of abuse and neglect. The salary was very, very low that there was no way you could afford to live that area and work there.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
Elderly abuse
Very fun place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJMay 14, 2018
Very chill enviroment. Not very stressful because I enjoy volunteering there. A typical day is about 2-3 hours after school a few days a week. I usually walk around and just see if anyone needs hep or what activities are happening
I enjoyed working with the residents
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 14, 2018
This position required taking direction from multiple coordinators and other staff. Putting items in priority is a must. It felt like working around your grandparents.
rewarding
Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2018
working with the residents was very rewarding. had some issues with the staff and management did not do a good job of coordinating conflict. lots of slackers.
Relaxing until other coworkers bring their problems into the kitchen
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 12, 2018
I enjoyed working as a cook at Sunrise, but then an employee would enter, and before they say "hello, how are you?" they tell you "I'm hungry. Make me something.". I liked working with some of my coworkers, but they were too few and too far between. Not to mention, a lot of the employees were not doing their job to the company standards. And, I don't mean they were a little lazy, and taking a few shortcuts. I mean, they were playing the role of a drill Sargent with people in their sixties and above.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks, cut-throat coworkers
I enjoy the senior's and have become attached! I enjoy helping them.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 12, 2018
This facility is always understaffed and the current staff is stressed and unhappy. They keep moving people in that are 2-3 person assist and take a very long time to help. Paperwork and pendant clearing are more important than the clients.
Pros
Lovely residents, entertainment
Cons
short staff, low pay, very stressful
There are long term dedicated workers located here
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Westchester NYMay 11, 2018
Poor upper Management which creates an unhealthy work environment due to favoritism, lack of job experience. This causes a great division in the middle management team; resulting in constant turnover. There is a lack of trust and confidence in upper management. They don’t seem to care anymore about their workers, it’s more about making money. The frontline team and middle-management give 110% to provide the best quality care for the residents and families. If it wasn’t for the upper management; I would still be there in that building. From what I hear the problem(s) still exist.
Pros
Frontline team and their supervisors are dedicated.
Cons
Poor pay and benefits; upper management
productive and fun workplace
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working at this facility. they were very nice people as well as residents. I also like the mangers and nurses there, they were always supportive and helpful
Worst place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 10, 2018
Department heads are all for their self they do not care about the Residents nor the Care Mangers. Executive director is a liar and will fire you for no reason
Pros
Cons
Over worked not enough staff
not the best
Care Manager (Memory Care) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 10, 2018
overall I loved the actual work I did. as a care manager I gave great care to some amazing seniors. the seniors were the best part of the job. everything else, not so much. management lacked common sense, including my immediate coworkers. communication was never where it needed to be. no one worked as a team. the company has a long way to go. GOOD LUCK!
Pros
seniors
Cons
everything else
Love working with the residents
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMay 10, 2018
Love everything about this company. I was able to see health on a whole different level while working with older people. Working here was very fun and entertaining.
Hate it
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 10, 2018
Worst place ever to work at. The only thing management thinks about is money from the residents. No consideration for their staff what so ever. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Ok work
Registered Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Oakton, VAMay 6, 2018
Ok work with advance ment chances..work hard. Apply education knowledge and care and compassion for your job..I love sunrise would recommend to friends
Sunrise Senior Living
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJMay 6, 2018
working as a cook at Sunrise senior living. I realized that everyone likes thier food cooked a particular way. and satisfying 160 residents is definitely a hardship but experience was a great one.
Pros
cooking
Lack of management
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 5, 2018
Nice place. It was temporary. I did my best work. But lack of direction from management. Nice place. Nice co worker. I will go back to work there but I need clear direction or instruction from supervisor or manager.
Good work environment
Cash Disbursement Associate I (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 3, 2018
Good work environment and people were very friendly and helpful. Workplace culture was good as well. A lot of team players and managers at this company.
Terrible work place
Assisted Living Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJMay 3, 2018
Unprofessional and racist management. They never compliment you when a job is well done but take all the credits instead. They always there to criticize you whenever you make a tiny mistake. The supervisors are low class people who think no one else but them deserve to be awarded.
Calm environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAMay 2, 2018
Working here was a breeze. I could always count on the residents to make me smile when something was going wrong or a good laugh from my co-workers. Honestly it was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
It was a good job
CAREGIVER/PCA (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 1, 2018
Management is really helpful. If you like working on a team and helping everyone around you than this is a great job. They accommodate you as much as they can as long as you work hard in return. Residents are really nice.
Pros
Employee Appreciation, healthcare and dental, work life balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight