Sunrun

Sunrun Employee Reviews

United States1,444 reviews

Found 1,444 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,450 reviews
solarsalecommissioncostcoplanethomeownerbranchinstall

Limitless earning potential, advancement opportunities, long term wealth potential

Featured review

Sunrun selected this as a representative review
Great company culture , incentives are unbelievable. The top dogs in the company are by far the most humble, caring guys the real deal! They will come in from out of town to visit and they sit in the crowd like the rest of us. No special treatment! And they all knock doors still! Amazing people to work for! When any employees bring up any concerns suggestions they listen and implement a new system with a meet you in the middle type solution! No other company I’ve worked for has ever really listened and made changes. Training is great, with the exception of a few minor tweaks or a bit of fine tuning it’s an amazing company to work for! The opportunity to create generational wealth is there immediately when you start and it’s very attainable! Again they spare no expense for incentives for top performers! Like all expenses paid trips to exotic places, luxury seats at sporting events you name it!

December 28, 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a positive review. We appreciate your dedication to our mission to create a planet run by the sun, and we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at Sunrun thus far!

Great people, fun environment. Long mental days

Must be a person that can deal with being ignored and days full of no’s. Management cares a bunch about their employees and feels very welcoming but the job gets old very quickly.

Sunrun insights

• Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Great opportunities

It’s worth it, they pay for gas and mileage and have nearly unbeatable benefits. They do over look you for promotions though, and the market is going to shrink.

Toxic workplace

They don’t care about you as a person. When you are going through things or have kids they won’t help you in anyway just replace you the first chance they get

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

If you have social anxiety, this job is NOT for you

I worked as a Brand Ambassador and honestly the job was NOT for me. We daily huddles that went over how many appointments were made for solar consultations. When feeling frustrated and unhappy, we were told to basically suck it up and that you cannot have a bad day. It's all a numbers game when working for this company. Also we are approaching people in stores as they're shopping or leaving, so it can be pretty nerve wrecking.

Cons

Standing majority of the day, numbers game, approaching people that don't want to be approached

Terrible

They dont care if your a pedo as along as you make them money its ok they overhire and expect you to be fully trained in a day very bad company if you ask me

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay is incredible takes care of their own also lots of experience and as always safety first also the greatest benefits available for a human being seriously considering going to Houston or Dallas to work there for sunrunWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?I think that if you're not into changing the world then you have the wrong job there is nothing stressful about this jobWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Super humble amazing people working thereWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?It is amazing sometimes the sun could be a problem but as safety first it can get a designated break

Annomous

IT was like most jobs. You're another person and it doesn't matter what happens or the needs of some. No real advancement. No schedule flexiablibty. Better progrming for mrbs

Overall good company

Look to be real. This company is good. You work your own hours your your own boss you can make so much money. You just gotta be mentall prepared to get rejections from these people who dont want solar. If you apply I say stay commited and you'll win man ask a lot of questions too always be motivated for that money cause mannnn you make a lot with a sale.

Pros

Motivational

Cons

Hard work

Managers were weak

The management is looking to hire as many salesmen that they can and flood the market. They don’t care about you at all. I wouldn’t waste my time here. Call Summit Energy.

Pros

Vermont is hot

Cons

Managers stink

sell a dream

possible to do well, tough to reach that potential. sink or swim, no hourly or salary. Really achieving the multiple 6 figures is difficult to achieve.

Toxic Behavior

Very toxic work environment. The fraternity environment , the religious excuses , the politics, etc. its all at this job and should never exist at the work place. how ever it does here.

January 6, 2023
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your time with Sunrun has not met your expectations. We value the opinions of our employees, sharing your experience helps us understand how we can continually improve the employee experience.

Amazing culture

Sunrun has incredible leadership. I can't imagine being a part of a company that is more encouraging where you have an opportunity to make $500k+ per year

Pros

Money, leadership

Cons

Stressful

An Eh Experience

Basically your going door to door; going off luck if the individual is even interested. There is no base pay, only commission which honestly sucks, specially if you’ve been standing outside for 10 hours

Good pay, tough market

Sunrun is a decent company to work for. The pay is great as long as you can get out there and find deals. The reviews and horror stories are against you when you are selling solar so you really gotta put in some effort to get one customer.

January 6, 2023
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We acknowledge the work our sales teams put in to find new customers. You are a valuable part of our organization, and we are thrilled to hear you have had a positive experience with us.

What is the best part of working at the company?Good pay. Bonus pay for jobs completed early. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Office politics like any job, but worse, paid suspensions. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good company good culture good for the environment can be a stressful environment could also be fun. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Prepare truck, drive to job, complete install. Follow pre planned schedule and call office at end of day for updates.

January 6, 2023
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a positive review. We appreciate your dedication to our mission to create a planet run by the sun!

Commission makes the job liveable

18/hr with commission working in Costco or Home Depot for 8 hours a day $25 for appointment set for first 15 appointments in a month $40 for next ten$60 for the rest you get that month This commission scale resets every month First 3 sales you only get $1003-7 you get $500More than that you get $1000

Good company to work for with excellent benefits

I worked at Sunrun for 8 years it was a great place to work even with all the changes it went through over the years. I would recommend anyone to work at Sunrun as they have some of the best benefits I have ever seen.

Awesome team, teamwork and manager support!

I’m rather new to Sunrun but not to sales. From the extremely thorough training, to a phenomenal team, support, and manager. I feel like part of the family. I love how everyone works together and supports each other. Looking forward to a very long career here!

What is the best part of working at the company?Other employees are friendly, not msnagemrntWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Constantly changing in policies, procedures, pay What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Chaotic environment, constant turnover, no discernible cultureWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Chaotic and dealing with changes

December 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing your perspective. We are committed to creating a planet run by the sun! We acknowledge the amount of changes around the business throughout 2022. Our CEO, Mary Powell outlined three main focus areas for Sunrun to continue to grow. These goals include: innovation, customer obsession and growth. As we run forward, we will stabilize, however change will be continuous as we continue to innovate within Sunrun.

Big company with longevity in the market

Easy to sell Help the environment Save people moneyYou can earn bonus money and get referralsThere is room for advancement to management. Lots of competition in today's market

December 28, 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We are thrilled to hear you have enjoyed your experience, and have grown tremendously in your career at Sunrun. Thank you for being a part of a mission to create a planet run by the sun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrun. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sunrun.
Powered byComparably

Compare Sunrun with

Sunrun reviews by popular job title

• Sunrun