Sunrun
65Average

Sunrun Employee Reviews

United States410 reviews
Great Culture - Fun Place to Work - Smart People
Massive operation. It's very challenging to affect the direction of things quickly. Functional departments are very siloed. All that said, there is plenty of runway for eager employees to advance their careers.
Big company in poor management
The field consultant can’t close a deal so you won’t be able to earn commissions expected. Price is high and it’s not easy to sell a solar in my store. There is no integrity in the team and you can make $2200 per month in average. I got 33 appointments and the company paid me $390 only in 30 days. I quit as it’s a lie that $100k annual pay in the interview.
If you like retail
The RSA position is a great for someone who enjoys talking to people in-store about Solar. Outside sales is where the money is. Good benefits, and nice people to work with.
Joe Gianelli
Manager ran me out, he was afraid I was going to take his job. Constantly making fun of my religion and would talk to others about my religion. HR did nothing.
Competitive environment
Sunrun is a tough place to work. Management is generally from IPO and don't know any other business practices. Many Managers are young and very competitive with few roles that ever open and are often given to people outside of the company.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
This is a great place to work.
This is one of the best places I've ever worked. Right away you get the sense that the company cares about you. The managers create a real team spirit and genuinely care about how you're doing professionally and personally.
Loved working for this company nothing bad
It was a great experience working for this company there is room for growth the customers I dealt with was great and it was fun entertaining and they make you feel like family
A Place where management has no idea of what they are doing.
If you like a job where management gives you impossible goals to achieve, treats you like you need to be grateful to work there, could care less about you as a person and as a bonus treats you lousy, then SUN RUN is for you. Yes, you'll never know when your hours will be cut, where then send you next and if they will even give you the hours they hired you to fill. As an added bonus management is extremely prejudice and aren't afraid to show it. And they screw their customers almost as bad as Solar City.
Pros
Low Cost health care so when hours are short you can almost pay it.
Cons
They will pull everyone in the book on their employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sunrun?
Case Manager
I really enjoy working here. I was promoted within only 5 months from a tier 1 agent to a Case Manager/ Escalations Supervisor. I started of with a very good wage. Above average definitely with no call center experience. If you genuinely care about others and use common sense and have integrity you will go far. As long as you don’t get yourself involved in work place drama/ chisme you will be happy as well. A lot of my colleagues are LGBTQ, mixed races and ages. There is so much diversity and so much willingness to help each other. I 100% recommend working here.
People oriented
This company tried very hard to make sure employees had a vested interest in the success of the company. Always had the ability to set my own schedule and take family time as needed.
Contract work with no room for advancement.
I worked out of the Scottsdale location. Their main IT group worked out of Denver. No room for advancement. No benefits. No direct hire. Management was fair and very communicative.
Don't expect upward mobility.
I don't know what to say. Sunrun isn't a bad company...but their not great either.
Just don't expect to work hard and be rewarded for it. Who myou know is more important than what you do.
Arduous but rewarding work
Days start in a shop as with most crew you have the option to drive to job sites. Job sites are all over so its best to ride in a company vehicle. Good pay and its good for the environment!
Employee centric but only at the field level
I worked at Sunrun for nearly a year which was tumultuous at best. On my on boarding date I felt welcome and was energized by the positivity and enthusiasm from the Branch office staff. The next week I was presented with a dozen formal HR complaints alleging my hire as nepotistic and the employees were not given ample chance for interviewing for the position in which I then occupied. Over the course of my tenure the dozen or so formal complaints escalated to over fifty of the same complaints with zero help from my management team or HR to address these complaints and readjust employee behaviors as this was essentially a hostile work environment which ultimately was the motivating factor to my leaving my post and pursuing other endeavors. Sunrun is filled to the brim with talented folks. However, there is an apparent lack of understanding of how systems are installed, maintained, and serviced at the manager level, which matriculates down to the field employees with ineffective directives and SOP’s to course correct and serve their customers more effectively. More folks experienced with actually building the offered products must be cultivated and promoted from within in lieu of hiring college educated employees who mean well, but only know theory, rather than real world challenges and how to overcome these. Being a veteran in commercial and residential solar for eleven years, it was extremely frustrating trying to influence the change necessary to better serve our customers, only to fall on deaf ears because of leadership’s pride blocking path for success. I fear until Sunrun - more...
Great job for a great cause
I enjoyed my time there and the people are very encouraging and caring. This job will force you out of your comfort zone but it is for the better. They want everyone to succeed and be the best version of themselves.
Productive Work Place
Everyone knew their goal and did their Job. Work was always fulfilling, everyone was helpful. Management always gave us clean directive. Co-Workers always help each other to achieve our goals.
Stay safe and don’t ruffle the corporate feathers and you will have a job for a long time. They seem to be continually growing and pushing for growth. You will always be busy and it may be difficult to find a good work/life balance. There are always lots of problems to solve and you will be doing that daily. Some room for advancement. Overal a good company to work for.
great atmosphere
Great, innovative atmosphere which was inclusive and had great opportunity to learn about the work being done; Innovation and progression of solar technology. Fair management and friendly working environment.
Awesome company; awesome boss
NW Field Ops Recruiting Manager always supported his team. Always had our backs. Fought for us. Want his team of recruiters to be successful.

If he asks me to return to help with ramping up business needs, I would go back in heartbeat.
More pros then cons, can not complain.
Great place to work. Wish they would be more appreciative for their projections salaries. Huge requirements lower than standards pay. Management has been great to work for.
Sunrun is the nation’s leader in residential solar.
Sunrun is probably the best company I’ve ever worked for, but they are far from perfect.

On the negative: There is very little chance for advancement and even moving to another department at the entry level is difficult.

On the positive: You do have freedom to be yourself as far as your coworkers are concerned and you can have a high level of independence without a manager always hanging over you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrun. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight