Sunrun Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 19, 2018
Although I was on a short term contract for Sunrun, I wish it were contract to hire but they had been transparent and up front on the duration from the start. The culture of Sunrun was so much better than previous jobs I have worked at in the past decade.
Pros
Remote opportunities for some positions
Cons
Cannot think of any
Productive and fun place to work
Onboarding Coordinator (Remote) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work consists of the following:
 Initiate communication with hiring managers and schedule meetings as needed to discuss the on-boarding plans for their new hires.
 Prepare Offer Letters as directed by respective Recruiters.
 New Hire Tracking - track and monitor all applicants once they accept an offer for employment.
 Submit, track and review background checks for all candidates.
 Communicate with vendors on updates for background checks.
 Update and maintain New Hire spreadsheet throughout the day.
 Respond to candidate questions on offer letters and on-boarding documents.

GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!
Loved Working There
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 13, 2018
The people in my department were absolutely amazing. It really felt like a family. I started out as entry level in my department, and with the guidance of my team, including the VP, I became a subject-matter expert and team lead. I would still be working there if I hadn't moved away.
Pros
Free meals, great culture, friendly employees, good pay
Cons
Communication between departments was sometimes not great.
This company lacks in hiring competent office manager
Insatall (Current Employee) –  DowneySeptember 8, 2018
Do not apply with sun run it's a waist of time and management has no idea what they are doing. It's a cut throat company with guys that have no experience
Pros
You get be outside
Cons
Management has to idea what they are doing
Poor management, poor sales execution
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJAugust 31, 2018
1. Your typical day at work consists of pitching to every customer that walks the the doors of either Costco, BJs, or Home Depot
2. I learned that entry level RSA job is easy to do. You set up appointments for consultants to run and attempt to turn into a sale. Unfortunately, this is also the downfall of the position as well. Weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals set for the RSA position are based around each specific teams consultants. Eg; if you set up multiple appointments but they are missed by the consultants it counts against you and you as an RSA are held responsible even though it is out of your control.
3. Management shows up once a week to micromanage you which causes stress depending on your manager.
4. The other employees are great they make the job worth coming to each day as well as some of the customers and retailers you are placed in each week.
5. The hardest part of the job is making sure the consultants go to your appointments, even though technically that’s not your job but if you don’t do it and stay on top of it you will find yourself in tough spot having to explain why your numbers are lacking.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to customer as well as your coworkers.
Pros
Great pay, great coworkers, great benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor salesmen(consultants)
Challenging Work environment with minimal teamwork
Field Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 28, 2018
Sunrun is an aggressively growing company. They work hard to promote their product at the expense of their employees. During my time working there, it was very clear that employee training was a garbled and jumbled mess that no one in the company actually took seriously. Additionally, the field advisor position is highly dependent on outside circumstances like the number of homeowners available at any given time, the weather and the number of trees in any given space. I don't know about the rest of the country but here in Oregon we have many homes near lots of towering trees and as such block, the sunlight needed for solar panels. The lack of adaptability that I saw in this company was laughable. Do not work with them unless you are capable of walking vast distances over 9-hour periods.
Pros
Outdoor, Customer oriented, self managed
Cons
quotas, mismanagement, high volume demand
Friendly sales team
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2018
Manager and team was great. Very good work environment but working as a door to door sales associate can be brutal. People can be rude and prejudiced.
did not plan move into florida market
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2018
direct supervisor great her boss has a lot to be desired overall good company to work for training is awful needs better direction cannot think outside box
Pros
loyal to long term employees
Cons
poor upper management and training no territories drive all over place company leads are bad
Management always tries to improve working conditions, in a fast paced business.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MaAugust 12, 2018
Massachusetts branch, if you are not afraid to work hard and smart then Sunrun is for you!
Good gig to bank $, Many hours are available if you want them. If your lazy or a hack then dont come. Nice place to work, all ages and experience levels are here. Again, lazy won't last.
Pros
excellent employee stock plan, mostly good support for field workers.
Cons
ah, its work right, it kinda has to suck a little, or we would have to pay them!
They do not value their telecommuters
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  TelecommuterAugust 6, 2018
I absolutely loved my direct supervisors, and the job was easy enough as I was basically quality control. HR is a mess when it comes to communication with their telecommuters. They do not respond to HR requests in a timely manner, and even if you follow their procedures, you can be terminated without notice due to technicalities. I communicated in a relocation request that I would be moving back to my home state once a family matter was resolved. Three months after I moved back home, I lost my job without notice. They claim to be a human centered company, but I guess that telecommuters don't count as humans.
Pros
Convenient, great supervisors, clear expectations, performance based bonuses.
Cons
HR is inefficient and payroll is rude.
Exciting and fun place to work!!
Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 31, 2018
One of the best companies to work for!! Very team oriented and informative. The workplace culture is relaxed and positive. Management team is reliable, very supportive.
benefits
Amazing Culture & Fun Industry
Solar Advisor (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at Sunrun and am grateful that I was able to be a part of their mission, "to create a planet run by the sun". The benefits were great, I was able to work remotely, and the best culture in a company I've ever experienced.
Pros
Work Remotely, Great Management
Cons
Company changed a lot once it went public
Very good company
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2018
Very good company with excellent opportunity to grow and develop your self as an individual and give you all the resources to be successful and spend a happy life.
Project Operations Temp (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 25, 2018
I was a temp, so I didn't get the benefits of a full-time employee. I enjoyed working there. It has good, friendly people who seem to believe in what they do, which makes all the difference. Office was air conditioned, and full of snacks.
Pros
work parties/events, snacks, adjustable desks
Cons
I don't think you get a 401K but i'm not sure
Productive and fun place to work with plenty of benefits
Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 24, 2018
Working for Sunrun was a great experience. As the company grew I was offered multiple exciting and career building opportunities. I was treated with fairness and respect.

I would recommend working at Sunrun to anyone.
Employees are #'s.
Senior Solar Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
Sunrun is of the midset that employees can are like revolving doors. They will just train new ones over and over. Advancement is nearly impossible unless you are a minority.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Difficult to get internal assistance.
Jaded
Foreman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 14, 2018
Local management sucks. Upper management doesn’t do anything about it. The Foreman and the crews are the backbone holding it together. Managers should make more than those under them. Maybe they would do a better job. Gave my blood, sweat, and tears hear leading crews in over 5 states . Got Snubbed in the end for my efforts. Love the company and the CEO. My hope is that it changes at some point. And I believe it will. For now if you like working for the man. Sunrun’s your place. Your just a number.
Pros
All the tools you need shirts swag whatevs
Cons
Your a number in corporate America that’s it.
Many inherent management problems
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Novato, CAJuly 11, 2018
In my time working for Sunrun, I did have a lot of fun. Mainly because of the coworkers. Upper management severely lacked though. The only decent boss I worked for was run out the the company simply because he wasn't a big enough Jerk. The company however does have potential to be great to work for.
Very good company
Field Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2018
Decent base pay and good benefits. Decent commission structure but it changes constantly. Great coworkers and overall decent product. Stable job. Company culture is positive for employees.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
no opportunity for advancement for me
it was okay
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2018
It was okay went door to door in neighborhoods set up presentations explained incentives and price plans enthusiastically explained business history and why they should go solar with sunrun inc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrun. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight