Poor management, poor sales execution
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) – Bloomfield, NJ – August 31, 2018
1. Your typical day at work consists of pitching to every customer that walks the the doors of either Costco, BJs, or Home Depot
2. I learned that entry level RSA job is easy to do. You set up appointments for consultants to run and attempt to turn into a sale. Unfortunately, this is also the downfall of the position as well. Weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals set for the RSA position are based around each specific teams consultants. Eg; if you set up multiple appointments but they are missed by the consultants it counts against you and you as an RSA are held responsible even though it is out of your control.
3. Management shows up once a week to micromanage you which causes stress depending on your manager.
4. The other employees are great they make the job worth coming to each day as well as some of the customers and retailers you are placed in each week.
5. The hardest part of the job is making sure the consultants go to your appointments, even though technically that’s not your job but if you don’t do it and stay on top of it you will find yourself in tough spot having to explain why your numbers are lacking.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is just talking to customer as well as your coworkers.
Great pay, great coworkers, great benefits
Poor management, poor salesmen(consultants)