Sunset Direct, Inc

Sunset Direct, Inc Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Austin, TX5 reviews
I worked at Sunset Directs Marketing department for 4 years. I was so happy to be hired there. Great pay, full benefits, and excellent training opportunities with great state of the art equipment.

However, our department never reached its full potential. Mainly because the owner kept changing direction, and canceling projects half way through.

I was glad to be there, and would do it again. I learned a lot about how to run a company, and how not to.
Pros
pay, equipment, great social scene
Cons
CEO kept changing direction.
A typical day included phone calls to CIO's and other tech decision makers to accomplish qualifying sales opportunities. I learned how to qualify real opportunities. I learned about new technologies. The hardest part of the job was getting through the 50 calls a day. The most enjoyable part of the day was team meetings.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Opportunity to learn about computers, printers, networks.
Some great people, some not-so-great people.

Thankfully, only spent about a year of my life here.
Sunset Direct, now Rainmaker was a wonderful company to work for. I learned so much regarding telesales and working with different types of people and managers.
Sunset Direct was a vibrant, young company. Everyone was excited and hungry for success, The job was busy and productive. I made a face for myself and within less than a year of being a Account Executive, I became the Chief Liaison Officer for the CEO. I learned invaluable knowledge of hardware and software applications as well as how to communicate with key executives. The hardest part of the Account Executive job was making 100 phone calls a day.
Pros
I got a substantial pay raise after one year of becoming CLO
Cons
Very stressful to work for a CEO and his expectations were extremely high
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sunset Direct, Inc?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunset Direct, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6