SUNSET MANOR Employee Reviews

Bullies
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILMay 15, 2019
Management doesnt have control of most of their employees. They do as they please and are very rude to new employees. Therefore, they constantly work short staffed because it can become very stressful when working with rude and disrespectful people.
Fun place
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 17, 2018
the pay was ok but for the most part I enjoyed my time here and I was comfortable stress free. I would of stayed if the wage was a little better honestly
Nice Place
Med Tech, I (Current Employee) –  Jenison, MI 49428May 13, 2018
A nice place to work to get some experience in the nursing field. Very friendly staff and more than willing to work with you and your school schedule.
cares
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irene, SDApril 12, 2018
hardest part of the job was loosing one of my patients and having to come back and continue my job as if i wasnt sad. Another hard part was the lack of help in my unit
Pros
loving my patients as my own family
Cons
no staff
Good Team Work
Director of Nurses (Current Employee) –  Brush, CONovember 7, 2017
Sunset Manor is a great place to work. Great advancement opportunities. Fun working environment. Fast Paced. CEO of the company is amazing. His core values focus on quality of care. The president of the division I am employed in is dedicated to doing the right thing and making Quality of Care a focus. While this company may not sit at the top it is striving to be the best.
Productive and fast-paced
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  KansasJune 29, 2017
I liked working for this nursing home I liked the employees I liked the fast paced work environment and the clients living at the facility I believe the work environment was good
Pros
good pay
Cons
Faced paced and stressful during resident care
Resident Aide (Current Employee) –  Jenison, MIMay 15, 2017
Not giving resident the time and care they deserve with the time given for what they deserve. Always feel rushed. As an emplyehe, do not feel appreciated for the time and effort I give to the residents take and company
Cons
Not aprpreciated
Best place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irene, SDApril 24, 2017
Typical work day was busy but full of fun.
I learned a great deal about the people living there.
Management is amazing they are very understanding and helpful.
Workplace culture there is a lot of team work.
Hardest part of the job was the attachments you make.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to spend time with all the wonderful residents there
Pros
never a boring day
Cons
short breaks
Good family oriented environment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guin, ALApril 23, 2017
I love working here. It is a good rest family oriented place to work. It doesn't need necessarily feel like a job most of the time. Very good people to work with also.
Loved it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guin, ALApril 21, 2017
A great place to work and I loved the people,loved caring for the elderly and hearing all their life stories and about their kids and grandchildren, so much fun
Pros
Very convient
Cons
Smelly and sad at times
Used to be a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guin, ALMarch 21, 2017
I worked here for over 3 years. I loved my job, and loved coming to work for more than 2 years. Unfortunately the workplace environment became very poor from management down. It seemed like a lot of employees were trying to get other employees in trouble constantly. Management even went after a few people. Very unprofessional and made the workplace environment unfriendly and uncomfortable. Constantly watching your back and looking to see who was working before you left for work is no way to have to try to make a living. Before the shift or change or whatever happened, you couldn't ask for a better job. I would no doubt still be working here if things had not went downhill.
Great Employees and Employers
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INMarch 12, 2017
One of the best places I have ever worked at!
The Owner operator worked as hard as the Employees if all employers treated there employees as this company did we would all be happy..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Productive workplace with good coworkers
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MIJune 3, 2016
Manageable workload with great residents to serve and works with your schedule. Coworkers were fun and helped out when needed.
Pros
Flexibility
Fun
Dietary cook/Cooks aid (Former Employee) –  Frontenac,ksAugust 6, 2014
Always something to do. Many nice people. The hours were good and flexible.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Pay is bad
The peers were kind, good people
CNA (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MIJune 21, 2014
I loved working at Sunset and felt they do want the best for their residents. The only thing was even if you do a great job and have great reveiws there is no advancement. If you start on a 2nd shift job you can plan on staying there until you retire.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No moving forward, short staffed
Very nice
IV/LPN Night Shift Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Frontenac, KSJune 17, 2014
Employers and peer staff all exceptional and helpful Patient care #1.
The hardest part of the job, at first, was remembering pt. and staff names..
The most enjoyable part, as always, is the love and laughter that geriatric patients give and receive.
Low moral
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Innisfail, ABMarch 28, 2014
Each day is met with a smile. All my co-workers are very dedicated but most lack compassion. I learn from my residents every day whether it be personal or medical. But I get upset when I hear them tell me stories or being rushed or forced to do things. When complaints are reported nothing gets done. I just keep apologizing to them about my co-workers professionalism.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the Residents smile or laugh. If I can make them feel loved and cared for them I feel I have done my job. It is about them. Making them feel important and wanted. And not treat it like it is 'Just a J.O.B'.
Pros
spending time with Residents
Cons
moral, lack of compassion
This is a lively place to work.
Housekeeping/Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Brush, COSeptember 19, 2013
I enjoyed working here because I had the necessary skills. Working here was enjoyable because the employees really have a open personality.
enjoyable work enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  129 E. Clay St. Irene, South Dakota. 57037August 24, 2013
go in and start cooking breakfast. get supplies ready for the day. prepare meals, and salads and desserts. check production sheets to get ready for next shift. learned how to be more organized.The employees are great and friendly. Hardest part of the job was learning everyones names, likes and dislikes.Best part was seeing the smiles when they enjoyed their meal.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
health insurance
Productive in growth in my career
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Frontenac, KSJuly 22, 2013
Assessment of residents and reporting findings to doctors. Management was approachable and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of being a nurse is when you lose a resident even though you have done everything in their behalf. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I have been a blessing to my residents.
Pros
Feeling appreciated.
Cons
Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUNSET MANOR. Our community is ready to answer.