Sunspire Health Employee Reviews

It was a really great work place
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 26, 2018
I really liked working for Sunspire Health they were very motivational and we worked as a team. They were a very uplifting company. They were also inspiring in continued education and or any other personal or work related matters.
Personal Growth Opportunity
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 23, 2018
Sunspire Health provided excellent treatment services to patents.
Personally achieved promotion from HR Admin to Talent Acquisition Manager for entire Corporation. Worked with a great team of qualified professionals.
Not a Good Place to Work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJune 20, 2018
This place has really gone downhill. Lots of systemic, internal issues. People in upper management are leaving left and right. Several locations have closed. Clinicians are unethical and unprofessional. Horrible effect on daily operations and treatment of patients. Stressful working environment, not related to the patients at all. Its the workplace environment that's the problem. I wouldn't recommend working here, no matter what the position. Note: They do not treat their Techs well here. If you do decide to work at this facility, you will not be here for very long at all. Guaranteed.
Pros
Most co-workers are decent to work with, benefits for full-time people, decent wage
Cons
chaotic upper management structure, unethical conduct is rampant and tolerated
Horrible company
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2018
This company does not care about their employees. Leadership is poor. There is a lot of favoritism. Organization lacks structure. HR is not fair and does not treat equally.
Pros
Medical and Dental Plans
Cons
Lay offs, leadership, unstable company, high turnover, no stability
Productive Work Environment
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJApril 11, 2018
There is always something to do at the Human Resources department. Especially with Payroll. I consider going above and beyond for others to be great customer or patient service. I always make it my objective to begin every conversation with, "Hello, how are you doing?" Taking the time to speak and listen to others makes a difference.
Cons
Laws and Regulations differ in different states.
Great company
Sr. Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 5, 2018
It feels great helping people from all over the country, helping them change their lives and getting back on track. Everyone at Sunspire really cares about helping others and it shows in the services they provide
Things are changing and I love it.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I’ll be honest, when this new ED came in I wasn’t very thrilled. We changed our whole way of doing things and lots of people were let go or left. But I was looking around today and realizing the people that are here want to be here and they are good workers. Things are more organized, people are laughing and smiling. I think I was caught up in my whole misery of change until I noticed the problem was me. We are making renovations, things we complained about are actually being fixed, and the directors are actually showing us the way instead of gossiping all day. I guess I could say I’m proud now. I’m proud of being an employee of Sunspire Health.
Pros
supporting environment
Cons
Not great pay
Fast paced &Rewarding
Executive Administrative / HR Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJanuary 13, 2018
No two days were ever the same. Sunspire Health is a thirty day drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility.. I was promoted to Privacy Officer during my employment there. I was the Executive/HR Assistant to the Director. I coordinated all aspects of the new hires from application to new hire training.

I would have continued working there if it were closer to home.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the clients graduate and go home much happier and healthier than when they first arrived.
Pros
The Sunspire Team was more like family.
Cons
Occational long hours putting me into high traffic leaving the island
Great culture
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 22, 2017
Phenomenal relationship with all co-workers and directors. Company is relocation to Philly and was not looking to uproot. My time here provided my with professional growth and challenged me to expand my work capacity.
Just don't
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 17, 2017
No support for employees-no management support, no positive feedback, no breaks, no lunch, everyone is unhappy, from the doctors all the way to the housekeeper.Very unprofessional management.I and others were treated very badly.The management doesn't care.
Pros
area
Cons
no brekas no lunch
Too much turn over
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCNovember 10, 2017
Once corporate came in the atmosphere changed. It began as a warm family and caring place to work and then became a stressful work place once corporate was in place. People either left on their own accord or were let go. More help was needed.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not enough help, continual staff turn over
Bitter Sweet
Behavior Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
Sunspire Heath Park is a very very unorganized organization to work for. There is no room for advancement. Duties performed such as giving patients medication are well above pay grade.

There needs to be 24-hour nursing staff and electronic filing. Coming here as a new employee, there is little to no training. Trying to schedule a paid day off becomes difficult because of the lack of staff.

If you need a job to pay your bills, I would recommend this as a place to work. It is a way to get in the door, but don't make your home there because there is no room for advancement, and the crazy un-organizational chaos won't be tolerated for long
Pros
Helping Women
Cons
Chaotic, unorganized environment, and no room for advancement
Help People Help themselves
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Great company where I valued helping sick and suffering people from there health problems by evaluating their needs, running insurance, and finding the best program for them.
Pros
Call center, full time, benefits
Cons
Desk Job
Amazing career field, but focus lacked.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 23, 2017
I love working in the recovery field, being as I am an addict myself. I live for helping others. I believe the impact on clients while in treatment can be a vital asset to their future recovery. Working in the service industry lacks substance for me now. Being able to help clients when they are at such a crucial chapter in their life is rewarding in itself. Unfortunately sometimes you are asked to compromise your values.
Pros
Most rewarding career field
Cons
Asked to compromise your values.
constant turnover of staff. dead end job. no advancement
Dual Diagnosis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORAugust 23, 2017
"Our goal is to keep [patients] in the beds". Make no mistake this is a FOR profit company that cuts corners with staffing to increase profit margins. Input from staff is unwanted. there have been 6 executive directors in three years at this location. Management is from out of state. Treatment consists of 12 step model that you can get from your local AA/NA meetings. Programming is dated and not based on the current addiction research. Ask about the recidivism rate.
Pros
located on the mouth of the Columbia.
Cons
long hours. high stress. no continuing education for clinical.
favoritism
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 5, 2017
Was a good place to learn.Good treatment for patients. No chance to get ahead unless you were one of the favorites. Co workers were helpful most of the time.
Pros
Lunch sometimes +coffee
Cons
Cut throat
This is a behavioral health Treatment center based out of Princeton, TX
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Princeton, TXJune 15, 2017
This is a growing and profitable company. They own several treatment centers around the country. I had fundamental differences of opinion around their modalities which could not be reconciled.
patient care
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 2, 2017
• Maintains admission guidelines by writing, updating, and recommending changes to admission criteria, policies and procedures.
• Markets programs and facilities by preparing and providing informational brochures; writing and placing advertisements; answering questions; conducting tours.
• Obtains applicant information by requesting completed applications and medical information; verifying and clarifying information ; interviewing patients and family members; explaining admission criteria.
• Screens patients by comparing patient's condition to admission criteria; evaluating and accepting or rejecting patients; referring patients and family to other programs and institutions.
Great place with awesome benefits
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 11, 2017
Sunspire was the premier admissions office in my opinion. The culture is friendly, the benefits are great and the pay structure is excellent. I learned alot from working there and consider some of the people there to be life long friends.
Pros
free food
Cons
working holiday
Call Center
Marketing Sales Closer (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Incoming calls for treatment referrals. Good call center to separate the weak from the strong. I loved it. I really don't know what else to say about it. If you want to make money then this is a good place. They give you the tools to make money. plus a base pay.
Pros
easy work enviroment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunspire Health. Our community is ready to answer.