Sunspire Health Employee Reviews

Help People Help themselves
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Great company where I valued helping sick and suffering people from there health problems by evaluating their needs, running insurance, and finding the best program for them.
Pros
Call center, full time, benefits
Cons
Desk Job
Amazing career field, but focus lacked.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 23, 2017
I love working in the recovery field, being as I am an addict myself. I live for helping others. I believe the impact on clients while in treatment can be a vital asset to their future recovery. Working in the service industry lacks substance for me now. Being able to help clients when they are at such a crucial chapter in their life is rewarding in itself. Unfortunately sometimes you are asked to compromise your values.
Pros
Most rewarding career field
Cons
Asked to compromise your values.
constant turnover of staff. dead end job. no advancement
Dual Diagnosis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORAugust 23, 2017
"Our goal is to keep [patients] in the beds". Make no mistake this is a FOR profit company that cuts corners with staffing to increase profit margins. Input from staff is unwanted. there have been 6 executive directors in three years at this location. Management is from out of state. Treatment consists of 12 step model that you can get from your local AA/NA meetings. Programming is dated and not based on the current addiction research. Ask about the recidivism rate.
Pros
located on the mouth of the Columbia.
Cons
long hours. high stress. no continuing education for clinical.
favoritism
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 5, 2017
Was a good place to learn.Good treatment for patients. No chance to get ahead unless you were one of the favorites. Co workers were helpful most of the time.
Pros
Lunch sometimes +coffee
Cons
Cut throat
This is a behavioral health Treatment center based out of Princeton, TX
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Princeton, TXJune 15, 2017
This is a growing and profitable company. They own several treatment centers around the country. I had fundamental differences of opinion around their modalities which could not be reconciled.
patient care
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 2, 2017
• Maintains admission guidelines by writing, updating, and recommending changes to admission criteria, policies and procedures.
• Markets programs and facilities by preparing and providing informational brochures; writing and placing advertisements; answering questions; conducting tours.
• Obtains applicant information by requesting completed applications and medical information; verifying and clarifying information ; interviewing patients and family members; explaining admission criteria.
• Screens patients by comparing patient's condition to admission criteria; evaluating and accepting or rejecting patients; referring patients and family to other programs and institutions.
Great place with awesome benefits
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 11, 2017
Sunspire was the premier admissions office in my opinion. The culture is friendly, the benefits are great and the pay structure is excellent. I learned alot from working there and consider some of the people there to be life long friends.
Pros
free food
Cons
working holiday
Call Center
Marketing Sales Closer (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Incoming calls for treatment referrals. Good call center to separate the weak from the strong. I loved it. I really don't know what else to say about it. If you want to make money then this is a good place. They give you the tools to make money. plus a base pay.
Pros
easy work enviroment
Excellent
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Ashby, MANovember 18, 2016
Growing company with excellent staff, dedicated to their positions and roles in helping others address the needs of behavioral health. A company that allows you to grow into other positions.
Great Place to Work for beginners
Behavioral Health Technician Dual Diagnosis (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAAugust 14, 2016
The job with Sun Spire is dispersed into several effective positions. Counselors must have Masters or PHD making the treatment experience for the Patients better than most facilities I have worked with.
Staff is not overwhelmed and Management is great.
The job can be boring if you are used to having a case load, unless you are a counselor there is not much for you to do except monitor Patients.
Pros
401 K, Pto, Management is kind to employees.
Cons
It can be boring for those with more experience.
alot of empolyees with drug issues and no license nurses due to drug issues
LVN (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAMay 24, 2016
just want to medicate pts to get thru 30days to get ins money no cres of pts after detox staff have drug issues will talk about they using in fron t of pts
Pros
easy work just sit for hours can just sit and do nothing for hours
Cons
boring and medicated patients complaining
Great work atmosphere
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 24, 2016
My time at Recovery Road has been amazing! I am surrounded by great workers and the patients are great too! The hardest part about my job is delivering bad news to people. I just love coming into work everyday knowing I can make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
No administration breathing down your neck
Cons
It could be a more organized work place
Great staff at each addiction facility
Midwest Regional Director of Clinical Outreach (Current Employee) –  Chicago,k ILJanuary 6, 2016
Enjoyed and respected working with these folks. They seemed to have a passion for what they were doing for my clients. It's a good company.
Productive, healthy, and high energy workplace
Admissions Coordinator/ Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 3, 2015
Sunspire Health had high volume incoming phone calls on a daily basis. A typical day at work consisted of clocking into work, getting on the phones and conducting clinical assessments. I also conducted customer chats, and re-directed costumers to their proper placements. Furthermore, I qualified customers by obtaining their insurance information and forwarding it to the insurance department. While with this company, I learned how to multi-task, I learned interviewing skills, and my knowledge of the health field increased as well. The management of Sunspire Health was fantastic. Management was always open to suggestions, and took our concerns very seriously. What is more, I enjoyed the fact that management always considered themselves a part of the entire team. My co-workers were also hardworking and were team players as well. The hardest part of this job was not staying too late while helping somebody. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping somebody get into treatment and saving lives.
Typical for profit mentality
Management (Former Employee) –  AstoriaJune 2, 2015
Just another corporate run and profit driven company providing mediocre healthcare. It was clear that we were required to try and keep clients who really needed more specialized help. It seemed it was about making a profit.
Pros
paid regularly
Cons
run like a boys club, clique and segregated ownership
The workplace is not a team player enviroment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Tampa FLMay 30, 2015
My day of work consumes of managing tech staff and making sure that all task are complete I learn on this job how to do approve timesheets and employee 90 days evaluations and dealing with medications and pharmacy situations. I pretty much have to manage everything throughout the treatment center. The hardest part of my job is making sure everything is covered as far as meetings are in place with the techs and techs schedule are all covered etc. The most enjoyable I like about my job is the learning process and challenging myself to new things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunspire Health. Our community is ready to answer.