Sunspire Health Employee Reviews

Good pay
former employee (Former Employee) –  Astoria, OROctober 7, 2018
You never knew what your day was going to be. Always the same job, yet always different. Co-workers were typical, good & bad.
Most were there for the paycheck.
I learned so much being there. Management was there to collect a good check that was all. They didn't care about the place or the people they served.
When the laziness of staff became a contagious disease it became harder to want to be there. Management was stealing from the corporation as well.
No recognition for your work unless you were catering to the needs of management!
Pros
Great Pay & Benefits
Cons
Management doesn't recognize your abilities & doesn't care to!
Fun place to work
John Nekic- Director of Facility (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CA 92234October 3, 2018
Excellent place to work, staff was great, management was great, very motivating and excellent benefits, medical, dental. life, vision, tuition reimbursement programs etc
It was a really great work place
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 26, 2018
I really liked working for Sunspire Health they were very motivational and we worked as a team. They were a very uplifting company. They were also inspiring in continued education and or any other personal or work related matters.
Personal Growth Opportunity
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 23, 2018
Sunspire Health provided excellent treatment services to patents.
Personally achieved promotion from HR Admin to Talent Acquisition Manager for entire Corporation. Worked with a great team of qualified professionals.
Not a Good Place to Work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJune 20, 2018
This place has really gone downhill. Lots of systemic, internal issues. People in upper management are leaving left and right. Several locations have closed. Clinicians are unethical and unprofessional. Horrible effect on daily operations and treatment of patients. Stressful working environment, not related to the patients at all. Its the workplace environment that's the problem. I wouldn't recommend working here, no matter what the position. Note: They do not treat their Techs well here. If you do decide to work at this facility, you will not be here for very long at all. Guaranteed.
Pros
Most co-workers are decent to work with, benefits for full-time people, decent wage
Cons
chaotic upper management structure, unethical conduct is rampant and tolerated
May not be open very long
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 11, 2018
It started out as a good place to work but has since declined. Change of ownership and also change of business style has created an atmosphere of mistrust in management. Also there is a lack of growth or improvement.
Great Place to Work
Regional Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMay 28, 2018
Human Resources Management is wonderful. Corporate culture is constantly changing. Flexible work/life balance. Family first philosophy. Hardest part of the job was traveling without an assistant and staying on top of day-to-day. Most enjoyable part of the job is the staff.
Horrible company
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2018
This company does not care about their employees. Leadership is poor. There is a lot of favoritism. Organization lacks structure. HR is not fair and does not treat equally.
Pros
Medical and Dental Plans
Cons
Lay offs, leadership, unstable company, high turnover, no stability
Productive Work Environment
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJApril 11, 2018
There is always something to do at the Human Resources department. Especially with Payroll. I consider going above and beyond for others to be great customer or patient service. I always make it my objective to begin every conversation with, "Hello, how are you doing?" Taking the time to speak and listen to others makes a difference.
Cons
Laws and Regulations differ in different states.
Great company
Sr. Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 5, 2018
It feels great helping people from all over the country, helping them change their lives and getting back on track. Everyone at Sunspire really cares about helping others and it shows in the services they provide
Small But Mightly
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 30, 2018
Recovery Road is one of Sunspire Health's treatment facilities here in the USA. The census is small and we feel that is one of our strengths. All of the staff not only know all of the patients, but are away of the day-to-day struggles they're having as well.

Many places boast about having a "team" philosphy. If you spend a day at Recovery Road, you will see that in action.
Pros
Small, intimate.
Cons
Frustrations with the insurance companies.
Things are changing and I love it.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I’ll be honest, when this new ED came in I wasn’t very thrilled. We changed our whole way of doing things and lots of people were let go or left. But I was looking around today and realizing the people that are here want to be here and they are good workers. Things are more organized, people are laughing and smiling. I think I was caught up in my whole misery of change until I noticed the problem was me. We are making renovations, things we complained about are actually being fixed, and the directors are actually showing us the way instead of gossiping all day. I guess I could say I’m proud now. I’m proud of being an employee of Sunspire Health.
Pros
supporting environment
Cons
Not great pay
Fast paced &Rewarding
Executive Administrative / HR Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJanuary 13, 2018
No two days were ever the same. Sunspire Health is a thirty day drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility.. I was promoted to Privacy Officer during my employment there. I was the Executive/HR Assistant to the Director. I coordinated all aspects of the new hires from application to new hire training.

I would have continued working there if it were closer to home.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the clients graduate and go home much happier and healthier than when they first arrived.
Pros
The Sunspire Team was more like family.
Cons
Occational long hours putting me into high traffic leaving the island
Great culture
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 22, 2017
Phenomenal relationship with all co-workers and directors. Company is relocation to Philly and was not looking to uproot. My time here provided my with professional growth and challenged me to expand my work capacity.
Just don't
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 17, 2017
No support for employees-no management support, no positive feedback, no breaks, no lunch, everyone is unhappy, from the doctors all the way to the housekeeper.Very unprofessional management.I and others were treated very badly.The management doesn't care.
Pros
area
Cons
no brekas no lunch
Too much turn over
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCNovember 10, 2017
Once corporate came in the atmosphere changed. It began as a warm family and caring place to work and then became a stressful work place once corporate was in place. People either left on their own accord or were let go. More help was needed.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not enough help, continual staff turn over
Fast paced and educational
Director Of Nursing/ Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Key Largo, FLNovember 4, 2017
I enjoy working at this facility as it has been a great learning experience for me. I enjoy the cultural diversity and working in the addiction field. This facility demonstrates detox with dignity. I hope to continue working at this facility and would like to add another facility to supplement my income.
Pros
educational
Cons
none so far
Bitter Sweet
Behavior Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
Sunspire Heath Park is a very very unorganized organization to work for. There is no room for advancement. Duties performed such as giving patients medication are well above pay grade.

There needs to be 24-hour nursing staff and electronic filing. Coming here as a new employee, there is little to no training. Trying to schedule a paid day off becomes difficult because of the lack of staff.

If you need a job to pay your bills, I would recommend this as a place to work. It is a way to get in the door, but don't make your home there because there is no room for advancement, and the crazy un-organizational chaos won't be tolerated for long
Pros
Helping Women
Cons
Chaotic, unorganized environment, and no room for advancement
Help People Help themselves
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Great company where I valued helping sick and suffering people from there health problems by evaluating their needs, running insurance, and finding the best program for them.
Pros
Call center, full time, benefits
Cons
Desk Job
Amazing career field, but focus lacked.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 23, 2017
I love working in the recovery field, being as I am an addict myself. I live for helping others. I believe the impact on clients while in treatment can be a vital asset to their future recovery. Working in the service industry lacks substance for me now. Being able to help clients when they are at such a crucial chapter in their life is rewarding in itself. Unfortunately sometimes you are asked to compromise your values.
Pros
Most rewarding career field
Cons
Asked to compromise your values.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunspire Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about