Sunstates Security Employee Reviews

I would not recommend Sunstates to any fellow officer or co-worker at this time.
Pistol Expert (Former Employee) –  Delaware National Guard HeadquartersJanuary 11, 2019
The security company as a whole is good; however, the individuals hired to manage branch office and their officers was poor. Training was inaccurate and poor. There was significant lack of leadership and trustworthiness.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your work experience. Your comments will be shared with the management team.

Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2019
I was kinda new to security and i learned a lot. The training on the computer was very helpful to learn. The truck gate was always busy so time went by fast. The managers showed up a lot too which was something i hadn't seen when i worked for allied universal. The team was good to work with and we covered for each other if we needed to change shifts or days. i enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good schedule. Good team. Site supervisor and manager always responded to questions quickly
Cons
Pay could be higher. Not too many other sites in the area to transfer too.
January 14, 2019

Sunstates values your feedback and will share with the management team.

I recommend
Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2019
Working for Sunstates security has been a great experience. Great pay and low stress for the amount of work I'm asked to perform. The training is easy and helpful and my supervisors did a good job showing me the ropes at my facility.
Pros
Good Pay, Paid Holidays
Cons
No Overtime
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. Your feedback is valuable.

Great Team
Assistant Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinatti, OHJanuary 9, 2019
Great team to work with, management is always looking out for you, good skills to have in your pocket, good benefits, good pay and opportunities for OT.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for providing Sunstaes with feedback about your work experience. We value your comments and will share with the management team.

Productive and Busy Place to work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2019
Working at Sunstates Security I learned a lot of patience, social skills, and how to handle stressful situations. The hardest part of the job was communication with Upper Management and not following up on what they said they would do when it was requested.
Pros
Got to be home before dark
Cons
Miscommunication from Management
January 8, 2019

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We value your comments and will share them with the team.

productive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2018
great job it just was alot of issue with the payroll, but everybody you meet there will be friendly and pretty cool to get along with and is a real easy job
December 31, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates with your feedback. Your comments will be shared with the management team.

Gerat Job and people but incompetent management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 13, 2018
I loved the work and the people that I worked with. I would have never left the job if the management would've had better communication with there security officers. The incompetent lack of communication with the security officers lead to a under equipped officer with spotty designed uniforms that would fall apart at the seams and when the security officer needed a new shirt, pants, or belt. The management was hard to contact and when the officer was able to get in contact with the management. The management would take there sweet time getting the item that the officer needed.
When I started working at Sunstates Security I was given three long sleeve shirts, three short sleeve shirts, one black belt, one thin jacket, one thick jacket, and one pair of black pants and was told that I would get two more pair of pants with in a week or two. Will the one pair of uniform pants that I had ripped just after one week and the belt broke just after three days. So I tried to contact my management and when I finally got in contact with management after over several attempts, over a three week time frame to report that I needed a new belt and new pair of uniform pants. It took the management over six months for them to get me two more pairs of work pants. I got the pants but I did not get the belt. So for those six months I hade only one pair of uniform pants with a hole in them and a broke belt.

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE MANAGEMENT
Pros
graet people, graet pay, and good hours.
Cons
incompentent management with poor communication skills.
December 17, 2018

Sunstates Security values the feedback from your work experience. We honor our Mission Statement of Honesty, Integrity and Truth. The HR Department is always available to answer any questions you have or you may call our H.I.T. Line toll free to voice your concerns 877-552-3669.

Vary productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2018
Absolutely enjoyed my brief time working here. The regional manager was a kind forgiving man. If the assignment hadn't ended, I would still be employed with this company.
Pros
Overtime. Uniforms
Cons
They have no contracts in Columbus Georgia
December 12, 2018

Sunstates Security values your feedback, it will be shared with the management team.

Good Company, Good People
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 4, 2018
good place for solid money, good at getting a 40 hour week and overtime if needed, easy training, good skill to have in your pocket, easy job, fun locations
December 12, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates with your review. We value your feedback and will share it with the team.

With the right team a great place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 1, 2018
It’s a good company to work for. The CEO goes to every account annually and speaks with the officers, not something you find often in this industry. The benefits are great. The culture at Sunstates is tolerant. You just have to make sure you have a good team and open communication.
Pros
Culture, Work Environment
Cons
Pay
December 3, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We value your comments and will share them with the management team.

Excellent place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 26, 2018
Even though I wasn't there long enough to grow with the company. The limited time that I shared with the company was an awesome experience. We honestly had an excellent team of officers. To whom I miss socializing with. Hopefully they will hire me again.
Pros
Constant appearance of the site manager, lunch breaks were of your choice.
Cons
No contracts available in Columbus Georgia.
November 28, 2018

Thank you for providing comments about Sunstates regarding your work experience with the awesome team of officers in GA.

Reliability
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 23, 2018
It’s a great job to have. You have to be 100% reliable because at any moment you might have to cover a shift. Working with others is great. Just gotta make sure you have a good team so communication is key.
November 28, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with comments about your current work experience. We provide solid opportunities for career-minded individuals.

bad
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 22, 2018
the management at the Kansas city office are incompetent and have no idea what security is. they show no regard to there employees and lie to there employees and the contracted company. The site manager showed up late every day, and in the last year in a half i hadn't seen the regional manager at all. Over all i would not recommend this company to anyone
November 28, 2018

Your feedback about your work experience is important. Your comments will be shared with management.

Its a dead end job, I only recommend it if you're in need of money
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXNovember 20, 2018
The turn around rate here is extremely high, so most likely OT is available. Peers seem to gossip and management is lack luster. But the view of the Peer is nice.
Pros
The OT
Cons
Poor Management, No Raises, and Gossip
November 28, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. Your comments will be shared with the management team.

Productive but now at a stand still
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 15, 2018
I've learned how to manage officers and how to work with clients. I've also learned that I am as replaceable as the next person, and at the end of the day this is a business. All in all SS gives many opportunities if you are in the right place.
November 19, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates with your feedback. It will be shared with the management team.

Great company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wendell, NCNovember 15, 2018
This company looks out for their employees. They will train you in your job assignment area. The managers will bend over backwards to assist you in your job needs.
Pros
They look out for their employees
Cons
Non
November 19, 2018

Sunstates values your comments. We have a robust training program and employ managers who care about their employees.

Great company and great working environment
Site Captain (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 14, 2018
Sunstates Security is a wonderful company to work for. The Operations Manager is the absolute best. Whatever you need, he's there. You can call them night or day and know that your call will be answered. I've worked for several different companies in my 17 1/2 years and Sunstates Security is by far the best company I've ever worked for. If you're looking for a company that is about the officers first and not the company, Sunstates is without question the company for you!!
Pros
The company is all about the officers!!
Cons
There are no cons
November 19, 2018

Thank you for review about your work experience. We genuinely do care about our employees.

Worst company ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 12, 2018
Do not apply do not work for them worst company ever will fire you over here said she said no actual facts they charge to much for uniforms they are very unprofessional
November 19, 2018

It was a nice environment to work in and enjoyable
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2018
I enjoy working for sunstates security I hate I had to leave there I really enjoyed them it was a nice work environment laid back and the people were very friendly
Pros
Lunch break was 30 minutes
Cons
The post that I was working at I had a chance to take a break when I needed one
November 5, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We value your comments and will share it with the management team.

Don’t work for this company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GeorgiaOctober 30, 2018
Management is two faced. They will turn on you in a heartbeat! They only care about themselves! Not enough $ for being armed security. Lunches are unpaid. Schedules changed on a daily basis because management doesn’t know what they are doing. Training is a joke when it does happen. PTO sucks, you accrue an hour and half every 2 weeks. Paychecks are inconsistent. Most of the employees were good but because of pay they truly hire from the bottom of the barrel. If you want to do security find a better company.
November 5, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunstates Security. Our community is ready to answer.