Sunstates Security Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 9, 2018
Sunstates truly cares about their employees and provides great opportunities for professional growth. The company operates under their values of honesty, integrity and trust and strives to do what is best for their employees and clients.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates with your review. We do truly care about our employees and provide great opportunities for professional growth.

Don't waste your time.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 7, 2018
"Management" is a joke....will backstab you in a heartbeat. They don't take care of you. Paycheck is not always correct. Better off working at Mickey Dees.
Pros
Cons
Poor salary for the job you do.
October 16, 2018

Thank your for taking the time to provide Sunstates with your review. We share all reviews with the management team.

Great
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 4, 2018
Love working here! Best security contract companyive had the privilege to be apart of. If they could up the pay i may stay here for a career! Other than pay you will not be disappointed. They also love to promote within.
Pros
Great foundation, loyal managers, great site, fun clients
Cons
Pay is poor
October 8, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We value your feedback and will share your comments with the management team.

Do not work for this company if your are keeping searching for another job quickly
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 23, 2018
DONT WORK HERE IAM WARNING YOU they don't pay what they say they are going to pay you and they over charge for their uniforms not a good company to work for.
Pros
Nice uniforms badge and stuff
Cons
They dont pay you what they say..
September 26, 2018

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a review. Your review will be shared with the management team.

Job is not worth the pay.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NCSeptember 12, 2018
Half the time they will mess up the paychecks. They never give raises. You work your butt off for no recognition. Blamed for things that arent your fault. Only good thing is my site supervisor. The rest is BS.
September 18, 2018

Sunstates Security values your feedback. You may always contact the HR Department or call the HIT Line at 877-552-3669 to voice your concerns. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 5, 2018
A growing regional company acquiring a lot of business surprisely from Global Contract Security Providers. I learned how important it is to be a flawless employee if you desire to thrive and survive with this company.There is only one side to every story with Sunstates it`s the client side and that is all that matters. Management may not tell you every aspect of what is expected of you but you are still held accountable and can be termed. Asked questions and study all policies and procedures often and always smile and have a can do attitude no matter what. It was people I trusted and helped that ended up destroying my livilyhood. One of the most painful separations of any company I had work for and more than likely my last security company. Individuals that I felt were like family to me. I was at the best site a security officer could work however I had very poor management as it relates to being objective and using discetion in how you progressively counsel employees.
Pros
Growing Company and room for growth. Stay connected to your Ops & Site Managers.
Cons
Termination is not always the solution, Suspension?, Mentoring?, Coaching?, Lack of law enforcement background in management positions, It s obvious with their lack of using discretion in disciplining their employees
September 10, 2018

Commission Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 19, 2018
It depends on the site manager, overall an ok company, sites are mostly churches and other sites, can be understanding and helpful when it comes to life occurances.
Pros
Free food, CPR Training
Cons
Lack of guards for events, PTO is not enough
August 22, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates with your review. We value your feedback & will share it with our management team.

A good place
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2018
The Site Managers don't really care about the employee's, but the Captains (Site Supervisors) do and will work with you during problems and other events.
August 13, 2018

We value your feedback and will share your review with the management team.

It was Decent
Security Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2018
It was decent but there were those officers that were lazy and did not do their job. Management was OK. Some officers were part of the good ole boys club. Overall it was a decent place to work.
Pros
Na
Cons
Mgt. Was somewhat in competition with each other
August 6, 2018

We value the feedback of all employees, current or former. Your comments will be shared with the management team.

Good place to work if you have no life.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Greensboro NCAugust 1, 2018
Site supervisor has no security experience. Treat some employees better than others. Incompetent to security contract procedure.Basicslly you are so tired and such crazy hours you don't really have time for family. You get off work at 8:00am and have to be back 4:00pm the same day.
Pros
Cons
I'm part-time and work 5days a week.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates with your feedback. Your comments will be shared with the management team.

Very great Security team to work with. I have met the CEO and also other Sunstates Management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 19, 2018
This job teaches you a lot, and I’m hoping I am able to stay and learn more ! I’ve grown so much through this company. I have learned to be discipline towards myself and also how to take authority when I am told to and when I should without being told to.
July 24, 2018

Sunstates Security values your feedback. We provide robust training to equip our personnel to be successful.

The company positions employees for promotion.
Captain, Site Manager Lowe's (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2018
The company positions employees for promotion/advancement. My leadership skills were enhanced thanks to the multiple promotions that I received while working for Sunstates Security.
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to promote from within. We provide great training to position employees for success and career advancement.

Only Care About Client
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 12, 2018
They care more about client than employee. Company site in Durham, N.C. definitely not for their own. Management only care about their pockets. Low pay as well sucks.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your feedback. Your comments will be shared with the management team.

review
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 11, 2018
it is a good company, with fair management and fair policies, and co-workers management are always there to help when needed, but the pay is to low for living
Pros
firendly enviroment
Cons
low pay
July 16, 2018

Sunstates Security strives to provide a positive work environment. We value all employees and provide support to set everyone up for success.

Its a productive fun place to work. Great people to work with, just come to work and do your job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 6, 2018
Management is great, they are willing to work around your busy schedule and help others go back to school after completing a year at the job. The business has a great location and you get to work around students also.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your feedback. We value your comments. Our management team strives to work around busy schedules and offers a tuition reimbursement program for furthering education.

hard to grow
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 13, 2018
No growth within the company, low pay, limited benefits, company does not reward their employees for hard work. There are no income increases. schedule is always going to be different because they cant get good people hired sometime.
June 18, 2018

We value the time you took to provide us with a review. Sunstates Security offers great career advancement opportunities along with an unprecedented benefit package to our employees that exceeds industry standards, including major medical coverage to supervisors at no cost, and a 401(k) program that includes an employer match. Our enhanced benefit program is designed to attract and retain quality employees by investing in them.

Good Job and Great Overtime
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 10, 2018
Made great overtime hours, job position was enjoyable and customer was pleased with job performance. Management was okay, some unhelpful managers, but overall good working environment.
June 18, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with a review. Your feedback is valued and will be shared with the management team.

I would'nt refer anyone
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2018
While working with this company I learned that they love a YES man. They are all about politics. When it comes to your health they could care less. Prime example their healthcare is a complete joke. Even if you come to work faithfully they will still look past you for advancement. They will not work with you with any personal problems that you might be having. All they care about is when you are coming to work regardless of death or illness. You don't start getting paid time off until your with the company for a year. Even then they act like they don't want to give you the time off. They are known to short you hours even if you have the documentation, they are still combative about paying what your owed. I have know people to be with this company for years and at the end of it all the company did them wrong just to keep their contract. My advise go to another company any company but Sunstate. This place does not value you, your time or the work and effort that you put in. They care more about their contract than you.
Pros
The only pro was where the contract was
Cons
Healthcare, management, no advancement
June 4, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. Sunstates Security offers an unprecedented benefit package to our employees that exceeds industry standards, including major medical coverage to supervisors at no cost, and a 401(k) program that includes an employer match. Our enhanced benefit program is designed to attract and retain quality employees by investing in them on the front end versus paying costs associated with high levels of attrition. We continuously re-visit and re-evaluate our benefits and incentive program to ensure that it remains reasonable, compliant and appropriate.

Poor management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2018
This company does not employ effective nor professional supervisors. Anyone who is considering employment with this company should think twice. This company makes 0 effort in protecting its employees against clients. Its all about maintaining a contract.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
May 29, 2018

Sunstates Security values the review you have provided.Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

Poor Management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Singer Island, FLApril 13, 2018
The manager don't back their employees up. The manager mislead the employees. The supervisor misleads the employees and leave the employee hanging. And their don't give raises.
April 16, 2018

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with your review. Your feedback is very important and will be shared with the management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunstates Security. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about