Sunstates Security Employee Reviews

Good Job and Great Overtime
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 10, 2018
Made great overtime hours, job position was enjoyable and customer was pleased with job performance. Management was okay, some unhelpful managers, but overall good working environment.
June 18, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with a review. Your feedback is valued and will be shared with the management team.

I would'nt refer anyone
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2018
While working with this company I learned that they love a YES man. They are all about politics. When it comes to your health they could care less. Prime example their healthcare is a complete joke. Even if you come to work faithfully they will still look past you for advancement. They will not work with you with any personal problems that you might be having. All they care about is when you are coming to work regardless of death or illness. You don't start getting paid time off until your with the company for a year. Even then they act like they don't want to give you the time off. They are known to short you hours even if you have the documentation, they are still combative about paying what your owed. I have know people to be with this company for years and at the end of it all the company did them wrong just to keep their contract. My advise go to another company any company but Sunstate. This place does not value you, your time or the work and effort that you put in. They care more about their contract than you.
Pros
The only pro was where the contract was
Cons
Healthcare, management, no advancement
June 4, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. Sunstates Security offers an unprecedented benefit package to our employees that exceeds industry standards, including major medical coverage to supervisors at no cost, and a 401(k) program that includes an employer match. Our enhanced benefit program is designed to attract and retain quality employees by investing in them on the front end versus paying costs associated with high levels of attrition. We continuously re-visit and re-evaluate our benefits and incentive program to ensure that it remains reasonable, compliant and appropriate.

Poor management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2018
This company does not employ effective nor professional supervisors. Anyone who is considering employment with this company should think twice. This company makes 0 effort in protecting its employees against clients. Its all about maintaining a contract.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
May 29, 2018

Sunstates Security values the review you have provided.Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

Poor Management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Singer Island, FLApril 13, 2018
The manager don't back their employees up. The manager mislead the employees. The supervisor misleads the employees and leave the employee hanging. And their don't give raises.
April 16, 2018

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with your review. Your feedback is very important and will be shared with the management team.

ok job
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2018
Job was super easy. People were mostly old and retired. Management sucks but some of the people made it worth coming to work everyday. Pay was low for the location as well.
April 11, 2018

The site i was at was ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 9, 2018
A normal day is you get 20 to30 out side truck bring in delivery a day.ther is 3 to 4 forms you have to do and you have to make shore all info is write.
Pros
the site they had is a learning exspearyents
Cons
Management can be more forth comi
April 11, 2018

Sunstates Security values your feedback and will share your review with the management team.

A great company to work for in Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2018
This company has been true to its word. The PPSB class was first class and taught me a lot. My manager has been very helpful and really listens to me. The pay is on par for the industry. I never knew who my manager was in the big companies so refreshing. they care about the people. Plenty of hours to go around and two days off in a row.
Pros
Benefits and saying Thank You
Cons
Wages could always go up.
April 11, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your feedback. We provide excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.

Did not like
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 30, 2018
Can Brings you in at a low pay and is suppose to bring you up. Can tell you you will make more as soon as you are off probation. Seems like you never get off of probation
Pros
Nice coworkers
April 3, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We will share your comments with the management team.

Great Company to work for.
Site Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 27, 2018
A good company to work for . Benefits are great, however, it would be awesome if salaries are bumped up a little bit. The culture at Sunstates is unquestionably tolerant.
April 3, 2018

Sunstates Security values your feedback. We offer an unprecedented benefit package to our employees that exceeds industry standards.

Favorites. Favorites favorites
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 21, 2018
This job environment is all about favorites . Most importantly he say she say. The management doesn't take your word for anything you say,even if you provide proof. They don't care if you have personal matters either. But the pay is decent if you're willing to go through the headaches.
March 26, 2018

Sunstates Security values your feedback and will share it with the management team. We take all reviews seriously and will look into this matter.

pending
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 16, 2018
Sunstates is a strong company that in my opinion is still working towards taking care of their employees to minimize turnover. Once this is accomplished, there may be no limits to the companies success.
Pros
Solidity
Cons
Low pay scales
March 26, 2018

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a review. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

nice work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMarch 4, 2018
The leadership is good. They could have better benefits. The pay is comparable to other jobs of this type. There are various location for this particular company
March 13, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with a review about your work experience. Your feedback is valued and will be shared with the management team.

Horrible work-life balance
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 27, 2018
They really treat their workers like machines... they overwork you and under pay you... they are horrible at communicating with their team and they will do anything to avoid problems. If you want to be underpaid and unappreciated, Sunstates Security is the place for you. It’s not worth the stress
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Workaholics and ungrateful about the hard work you do
March 1, 2018

Sunstates Security values your the feedback. We take all reviews seriously and will share your comments with the management team.

Dime a Dozen employees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 25, 2018
The account managers are hard to work for and always mess up your pay. I had to work crazy hours to maintain my position and was still moved off a site I loved because the account manager did not like employees asking questions about their job responsibilities.
I went from 60 hrs to 16 hrs a week with a promise of 40 hrs which I never got. To me they don't care about employees or their lives, It was only about the client they worked for.
It felt like we are done a dozen employees because nearly every week a new class was coming in to take your place especially if you stood up for yourself.
I never felt such disgust in my life. Choose a company that takes interest in you and what you have to say and not mess with your hours, Site or pay.
Pros
Get licenced for Private Protection and CPR certified
Cons
They really don't care about you.
March 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

Sunstates
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
A lady and i started the company up in Houston when they first came to this area. WE did everything will they where here i was working 50 a week to make sure the company was good. i was i not getting paid very well, but it was a job. The job was not harder just alot of hours.
February 26, 2018

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a review. Your feedback is valued and will be shared with the management team.

they don't fight for their workers, and feel that they favor others
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2018
i really don't like this company, schedules are mixed up and they send you to work where it is over staffed and yo have to be sent home, they ask you to do things outside your work description,
February 19, 2018

Thank you for providing your comments about your work experience at Sunstates Security. We value your feedback and will share it with the management team.

Excellent Management
P/T-Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Singer Island, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Great Employer,
Because of lack of new employees, to many hours on 1 shift.

Management had been responsive to all requests.

I would recommend this company to Clients or possible new employees.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Over 8 hours assignment/to long hours
February 16, 2018

Thank you for your review of Sunstates Security. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

Love people I work with I really like to management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2018
I started with Sunstate security Adam w April 20th of 2017 so I'm coming up on one year of employment with some station care and I love it I couldn't ask for a better job or captain the captain is great
Pros
Very family oriented could not ask for a better management team
February 16, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We do have a great management team who care about their employees.

When it comes to safety and security its everyones business to stay vigilant .
Personal Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
My typical workday is always on Sundays. What I learned over the years is that you never stop learning when it comes to protection. It an ongoing process and this is how a PPO sharpen his skills. The workplace itself can be demanding at times and depending on the activity listed on the agenda, dealing with people from different cultures who attend the Sundays service these are some of the factors.

The hardest part of the job is you cannot always have eyes on your principal and you will not always have him on your radar; with experience, you'll learn how to find your principal. Once you can do that then you are understanding how your principal works. Learn his subtle body language as a sign to move in or back up or engage when it's evident. It's about having intelligence, employing tact and diplomacy and working with a team of other professionals.

The most enjoyable part of my job, I actually enjoy what I do as a Personal Protection Officer.
Pros
I enjoy what I do as a PPO.
Cons
Unfortunately it is not full time work.
January 30, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your detailed review. We value your feedback and will share with our management team.

Sunstates
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Sunstates Security was an excellent job and experience. It was a mega church amd i worked with people from all walks of life. I appreciate te time i spent and the people i met there.
January 30, 2018

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with your review. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunstates Security. Our community is ready to answer.