Sunstates Security Employee Reviews

they don't fight for their workers, and feel that they favor others
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2018
i really don't like this company, schedules are mixed up and they send you to work where it is over staffed and yo have to be sent home, they ask you to do things outside your work description,
February 19, 2018

Thank you for providing your comments about your work experience at Sunstates Security. We value your feedback and will share it with the management team.

Excellent Management
P/T-Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Singer Island, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Great Employer,
Because of lack of new employees, to many hours on 1 shift.

Management had been responsive to all requests.

I would recommend this company to Clients or possible new employees.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Over 8 hours assignment/to long hours
February 16, 2018

Thank you for your review of Sunstates Security. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

Love people I work with I really like to management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2018
I started with Sunstate security Adam w April 20th of 2017 so I'm coming up on one year of employment with some station care and I love it I couldn't ask for a better job or captain the captain is great
Pros
Very family oriented could not ask for a better management team
February 16, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We do have a great management team who care about their employees.

Sunstates
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Sunstates Security was an excellent job and experience. It was a mega church amd i worked with people from all walks of life. I appreciate te time i spent and the people i met there.
January 30, 2018

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with your review. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

Managment isnt the best, Overall Great company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Clock in, start shift was given lunches and breaks

How to work diffrent events such as weddings, parties etc

Management was not very friendly nor understanding of employee issues with other employees

Culture was very diversed

Some sites require lots of on foot walking, wouldve perfered a rest area at some sites while on break

Being able to socialize with different people
January 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback about your work experience at Sunstates Security. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

Slow paced
Supervising Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 16, 2018
It's a good temporary job but beware of the clients that the security is contracted with. Security is mostly seen as beneath the client and not always treated well by them.
Pros
30-45 minute lunches (you choose), coffee provided
Cons
regular shift combined with a night event (hours vary but can go up to over 12 hours)
January 22, 2018

Sunstates Security values your feedback. Your comments will be shared with the management team.

Great Job once you become a Shift Leader (Sgt.)
Patrol Sergeant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 6, 2018
My career began 4 years ago and he has been one challenge after another. My career goal is to move up with my company. I believe in the Sunstates vision and my customer's vision. Honesty, Integrity, Trust if you wear it you must live it and one of my customer's vision is Own it Like a Founder. I have earned the respect of my Site Captain, My Client Manager, My Customers entire management staff due to WOW Customer Service that I provide each and every day. It is great to wear the uniform and believe in yourself that despite any obstacles or roadblocks you will always come out on top. I thank my Corporate staff from the President down to my Operations Manager for the opportunity they have given me to set an example to my fellow employees that you can succeed with hard work and dedication. It is an honor and privilege to be a part of this great company!
Pros
Great company vision statement
Cons
To many disgruntled employees due to low starting pay.
January 8, 2018

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with your review. We provide great opportunities for career-minded individuals.

Not recommended at all.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 2, 2018
No consideration for employees. Benefits close to non-existent after declining each of the last 3 years. definitely need other health insurance. Available life insurance went from $20K to $10k to $5K.
OK for dental and vision. Only get 1 week of vacation until 5 years.
January 4, 2018

Sunstates Security values your feedback and will share your review with the management team. Sunstates Security offers an unprecedented benefit package to our employees that exceeds industry standards, including major medical coverage to supervisors at no cost, and a 401(k) program that includes an employer match.

We continuously re-visit and re-evaluate our benefits and incentive program to ensure that it remains reasonable, compliant and appropriate for the level of employee on whom we are willing to stake our reputation.

the workplace culture needs change
Flex Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 29, 2017
When people in this organization realize and recognize that their current culture needs to transform to support the organization's over all success to progress so that change can occur. But change is not pretty and change is not easy. Changing your workplace culture can be messy and challenging. It requires understanding, commitment, time, and tools. Culture change is possible, and it needs happen.
January 2, 2018

Sunstates Security strives to provide a progressive work environment. We value your feedback and will certainly share with the management team.

Good job
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  SECURITY OFFICERDecember 27, 2017
Great job , but the company has no consideration for sick emplyees. also there launch breaks for employees are very bad, some employess dont get a launch break.
January 2, 2018

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a review. Your feedback is important and will certainly be shared with the management team.

Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 20, 2017
I didnt have any problems personally. Wish it paid more so I could support my family. I worked the over night shift and was required to make sure the property was properly secured.
January 2, 2018

Sunstates Security values your feedback and will share with the management team.

Laid back
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2017
Everyday was somthing different, I was the site supervisor at Tribune Media and Indianapolis tv station and we had all kinnds of different people coming in.
Pros
Meeting All kinds of Different people
Cons
no room for advancement
January 2, 2018

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We value your feedback and will share with the management team.

Great company.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 5, 2017
I have worked over 30 years doing security work and this the best company I have ever worked for. everyone treats you with respect and the fact that that the CEO stops by to tell you what a good job you are doing is unheard of in this industry.
Pros
great managment staff
December 11, 2017

We value your feedback, thank you for your review. We genuinely care about our employees.

They are an amazing company
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 2, 2017
I would still be working for them if I did not have to relocate. I enjoyed working for all their different sites provding the best security and customer service possible.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
No Cons
December 11, 2017

Sunstates Security values your feedback. Check the careers tab of our website. We are hiring throughout the United States.

Just a number
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 29, 2017
Although I worked there for more than 10 years. I felt that I have grown as far as I can within the company. Was never given opportunities for advancement. Client made me feel more like a employee than Sunstates did.
Pros
never had to worry about what I was going to wear to work
Cons
no real advancement for women of color
December 11, 2017

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. Your feedback will be shared with the management team.

Productive work environment
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 20, 2017
Great company to work for, great staff, support. Good work environment. Teamwork is good, good sites to work, good rate of pay, no daily drama, good overall environment.
November 27, 2017

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review and feedback. We do provide a positive team work environment and competitive wages.

One of the best.
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXNovember 19, 2017
I worked for Sunstates Security for over 5 years and in that time I have met the OWNERS twice. They were some of the best people I have met. The leadership is friendly and helpful. They offer almost endless online training. Sunstated is one of if not the best security companies I have worked for.
Pros
Management, vacation, and training
Cons
Health insurance could be better
November 20, 2017

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide comments about your work experience. Our owners do regularly visit facility sites meeting employees. Our goal is to be the best security provider in the industry.

They dont call qualified applicants. Just keep posting fake ads
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHNovember 15, 2017
This company must be a joke. If you are a well qualified candidate they wont call you. I guess you have to be a high school kid to get a job with them. Its really laughable
Pros
nothing so far
Cons
Quality people they dont want.
November 20, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback, we value your comments and will share with the management team.

Amazing
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 15, 2017
Provided 40 hours and more a week and had a reasonable pay. Managers and coworkers were great, and I enjoyed being a part of the crew. They were flexible with working days and time off.
November 20, 2017

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. We do offer flexible schedules and competitive wages.

Great job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCNovember 2, 2017
Great job, great people. Its really easy money but its really low pay. If the pay had been there I would have never left. You get to work outside most of the time.
Pros
Great easy job
Cons
low pay
November 20, 2017

Sunstates Security values your feedback and will share your comments with the management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunstates Security. Our community is ready to answer.