Suntiva Employee Reviews

Great place to work with great people
Executive Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 22, 2019
Suntiva is a really supportive and collaborative place to work. Everyone brings a different set of strengths to the table and compliments one another. The team wants everyone to succeed and will help individuals in whatever way they can to achieve that success.

Suntiva also provides a great work life balance - you can work from home when needed and/or leave to finish up at home if you have an appointment.

They have great events to bring their employees together throughout the year and work hard to devote time to the community with various volunteer opportunities.
Great Place to Work
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 22, 2019
Collaborative work environment; Plenty of opportunity for development; Leader involvement; Flexible work schedule makes for excellent work / life balance - promoted heavily within the company; Benefits
VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 13, 2019
Great people to work with; dedicated, collaborative, friendly and committed. Corporate culture is extremely positive and equally committed between customer, company and employee.
Great Work Life Balance and Colleagues
Senior Executive Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 3, 2019
I think very highly of my colleagues both professionally and personally. Suntiva is a company that places family and work/life balance high in priorities.
a small govt contractor
Cloud Engineer (Current Employee) –  VAMarch 16, 2019
a small govt contractor who is a good group of people with personable support. Ended up taking the wrong position by mistake partly because there some of the job descriptions were not very accurate? Wished I had taken the other job?
Pros
snacks and coffee
Cons
felt like some of the position descriptions were not clear?
Excellent Boutique Consulting Firm
Sr. Executive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 7, 2019
Mid-sized consulting company with friendly culture and very strong values. Organizational Performance and coaching is a specialty. High marks for excellent colleagues who are top notch in their disciplines. Some turnover in leadership and lack of focus on core capabilities caused some challenges for management chain.
Pros
Great colleagues, flexible schedule, trusted to meet client commitments, strong CEO
Cons
Leadership is distracted and has too many layers
Great company
Senior Consultant / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 14, 2018
The company staff were great. The CEO was great. All around good company to work for. The company had a lot of confidence in me and allowed me autonomy in leading my team.
Great people. Great culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 6, 2018
Never worked with a company that so thoroughly lived their values. Great, high-performing staff who care about PEOPLE. Outstanding place to work. Highly recommend.
A fun, rewarding, relaxed, place to work, all rolled up in one.
Senior Consultant (Level III) (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VADecember 28, 2017
In additional to excellent work culture founded in team work and maximum support to the Government contract teams, Suntiva also encouraged and rewarded health activities and rewarded employees with $300 per year reimbursement for sports accessories. I found the company's picnic very enjoyable and the monthly team luncheon was fantastic, This was the best company that I have experienced in a very very long time.
Pros
Free month luncheon; $300 sports activities benefits.
Cons
I can not think of anything that would be considered a "Cons" item.
Great Culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 26, 2017
Great culture and people. Lots of change in the organizational direction and adjusting to the full and open market. Smart and capable leaders with experience with these changes.
Growing Business Transformation and Technology Company
PM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 15, 2016
Suntiva offers a great combination of employee growth and development, mentoring, and support programs. I participate in setting my own performance goals, get regular feedback and encouragement, have a flexible schedule, and participate in communities of practice with my peers increasing my technical expertise. I have had my performance recognized through annual increases, bonuses, in newsletters and by my managers.
This company is growing, but still lives its core values. It has a clear vision and strategic plan, and invests its profits back into growing employees and the company. I love the combination of leadership development, change management, IT Services and acquisition expertise that the company combines to provide business transformation and technology services to our government clients. We know we are really making a positive difference through the work we do. Our clients tell us so!
Pros
Commitment to employee growth, investment to grow employees and develop client solutions, opportunity and flexibility to make a difference
Cons
Space was a problem until a month ago when company doubled the office size
Good Entry-Level Position
Junior Network Administraton/Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 11, 2015
Suntiva Executive Consulting made the most of my IT career.
Good management of employees, Team work group very professional. I grew up in this company and had a good understanding of what to be an administrator.
Great Company focused on all of the right things!
Senior Executive Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls ChurchOctober 13, 2015
Suntiva is an exceptional management consulting company that truly is driven by its core values in all that they do.

One of my favorite values is "do the right thing all the time."

This means that Suntiva does what is right for the clients by offering tailored solutions that address client-specific challenges rather than providing a one-size fits all approach to the work. This means that what the client gets is immediately able to be put in practice and therefore more sustainable in the long term.

More importantly, however, is that Suntiva does what is right for the employees. Suntiva does this in three key areas:
1 - Matching up client opportunities to staff career interests
2- Providing employees the opportunity to take on "stretch assignments" to learn and grow in new areas of interest
3 - Supporting employee development through an annual tuition and training reimbursement program

Suntiva truly cares about its employees and actively works to engage them in meaningful ways.
Pros
Fun, challenging work, supportive management/leadership
Cons
Competing in the "free and open" consulting market with companies much larger than Suntiva
It's all about the people
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 7, 2015
I feel a bit like Goldilocks when I tell people that I found the right company to work for. I've worked for very large consulting firms and very small firms, and this one is just the right size. The firm has a small company feel where it's constantly striving to prove itself and grow and yet its pay and benefits package rival companies 100X its size.

Since consulting is so collaborative, it's really all about the people...and the people at this firm are welcoming, friendly, respectful, passionate and care about their clients.

Management is very approachable and their doors are open. In fact, I've had senior management, including the CEO, come up to me on many occasions and talk with me about the project I'm working on. The don't just ask "how is everything going"? They knew the details of the project I'm on, my role on the project, my individual contributions as if they were working side by side with me every day. It has left a lasting impression that they care.
Pros
Flexible/realistic managers, compensation on par with larger firms, skill development is a real concept
Cons
Disorganized shared resources, lacks clarity on standardization...there is no "Suntiva way" of thinking
Great environment for those really trying to make a difference
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls ChurchJuly 2, 2015
One thing I've come to learn is that in order to succeed in any small business, you have to adapt "quickly", and sometimes "learn on the fly", which can give you a great opportunity to show your value. This is a company that does its best to reward its high performers, and goes to great lengths to provide the necessary resources, even though its not always easy for a smaller company. One of the other things that I tell people is that you must build not only relationships with your clients, but also build a strong internal network around you that can assist in your development, but also provide additional opportunities for you. Think of it as adding tools to your tool belt. If you are used to sitting around and waiting for questions or tasks to be thrown your way, you will find it difficult to succeed here. Also, people need to recognize that there is an expectation of them to perform at the specific level they came in at, and not doing that will make it difficult for you to survive, not just here, but anywhere. I also have seen some negative feedback regarding the company and its culture. All people should know that small business are going to change slightly as they continue to grow, and those that don't get left behind in today's market.
Pros
Flexibility, summertime family event, and other work related social events
Cons
Pace and hours during the times when things are at their peak, dealing with the slow moving government
No Learning Curve or Appropriate Training
Not Important (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 22, 2015
The expectation, at this small, poorly managed company is for new employees to come in and immediately demonstrate and perform at an advanced level; without appropriate training and without receiving clear expectations or milestone checks. There is no learning curve to find a comfort zone with a new corporate (if you can call Suntiva a corporation or refer to this business with any synonym of organization). Their filing systems are scattered and primitive (at best) and each individual employee has their own files on their desktops. It's a hunt and peck game to find any systematic files. You may find submitted proposals on one persons desktop, contract files on another persons desktop and information in all places that do not sync with each other. Everyone keeps their own files on their desktops and there is not file sharing or collaboration. To get information to perform simple tasks employees are expected to hunt down the people who have the information and then search through their nonsensical filing systems to accomplish any gains. These problems could be remedied, however no-one seems to actively pursue this task and new employees are thrown into a sea of disaster to sink or swim.

The frustrations for an employee only become an exacerbation to managements own awareness of the problems and they become condescending and defensive.

It is a nightmare trying to accomplish a job at this company and the culture here is self-righteous and closed off to new employees.

Their website boasts of an environment of understanding, training and collaboration with a tag line
  more... of "Great Hearts, Great Minds"; yet people are treated as dispensable and not given the chance to learn and grow. I found very few "great hearts or minds' in this tense situation. It is not a "Great Place to Work" and anyone would be hard-pressed to put up with the phony fa├žade.  less
Pros
Decent Salaries and Benefits
Cons
No breaks, no training, unreasonable expectations
Best company to work for to-date
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 21, 2014
Suntiva values their employees and that was recognized on day 1 for me. They have a great work/life balance, provide great benefits and wellness programs, and constantly try to improve employees with continuing education and certifications. Management gives you the trust and respect deserved and allow you oftentimes to telework, avoiding long commutes in a very congested area, which leads to higher job satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is having to work with a difficult partner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great company culture Suntiva provides.
Pros
Continuing education and employee improvement programs, benefits, and teleworking
Cons
Difficult partner
Learning environment
Operated as an a Payroll Submittal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Working for a government contract. Have to be there on time half hour lunches
Pros
all holidays off
Cons
not permnament job
Worst place that I have ever worked in my career
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 14, 2013
This consulting firm operates with a few decision makers, all of whom were with another company. They are not accepting of new
employees and if they lose a contract you are gone ASAP!

There is no job security and the management listens to "their inner circle" as far as new employees, whether the "inner circle" people's assessment is true or not.
Pros
salary
Cons
Poor leadership, lack of involvement with new employees, rude and pompous management
Fun place to work and people are fantastic
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church VANovember 30, 2012
This company is basically a consulting firm. I was given the opportunity to work on a team which established and accommondated the client in acquisitions and contracting writing. It also was instramental in developing and administering training programs for federal agencies. I liked every task which I was assigned and even traveled out of the country to accomplish and complete training assignments. I work with as an integral part of various teams to accomplish completions of mission assignments. The most difficult part of this assignment - for me - was working from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and meeting new people and experiencing different cultures.
Pros
cohesive working environment
Cons
not enough work to maintain long term employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suntiva. Our community is ready to answer.