SunTrust Employee Reviews

Found 3,696 reviews matching the search See all 3,734 reviews
Good
CBI Group Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
SunTrust is a good place to work. They are committed to the customer. A very relax environment to work. SunTrust looks to provide their employees with a good work\life balance.
teller
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 22, 2019
Helping clients with transactions, answering questions, money handling, making referrals and sales, ATM custodian. Management is ok but pressures branch with sales.
N/a
Bank Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2019
I liked Suntrust as an employer. They just had immature petty managers who could not distinguish friendships at work and separate them from play relationships.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
work hours
Too much corporate BS
Commercial Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 21, 2019
This bank had the potential to be a good work environment. The problem was that the management were too interested in their own promotion rather than building a team of good bankers.
Productive environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2019
I worked in the Trust Department and was promoted to support the EVP and President in the Florida Corporate Office. I traveled to NewYork to introduce my Trust Officer to a customer that worked at a Fortune 500 company and received a CELA ( Customer Excellence and Leadership Award).
Administrative Assistant 2 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2019
It was convenient at the time because of federal holidays was the same as school ( I was off the same time as my child). Great benefits and time off. You have to be a self starter since there minimal to no training. Its very difficult to get a different position within.
Pros
Benefits, federal holidays
Cons
No training, workload, difficult internal transitioning
Stressful
OFFICER, END USER/COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 17, 2019
SunTrust can be a very stressful place of employment. Some days it appeared the harder you worked the less it was appreciated. Other days were smooth and enjoyable.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
The lack of the employees well being
Not for Everyone
Bank Teller III (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 17, 2019
If you don't have major bills this is the job for you. The only way to get an increase in pay is to get a higher position. You do not get yearly raises. Calling out is frowned upon, might even get called on your day off to cover a shift but you will not get over time pay. They will have you take a long lunch break. Upper management does not care about you.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, horrible pay, only 5 days of sick leave a year
Just another place to work
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Hanover, VAJanuary 17, 2019
I was hired to assist the branch with business community business and their reputation, their current manager was concerned less about anything but herself; she manuplated staff and the branch for her own personal needs.

I remained on the teller line while holding my insurance and financial licenses - only person in the branch holding them?

I never understood that part, I was also the only person who cared about their customers and making a difference?
Pros
work week monday thru friday no saturdays
Cons
very poor manager
Admin Assistant position
Executive Assistant, EIS Transaction Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2019
I was in an administrative assistant position and while the pay was adequate, I know that a co-worker who was male and inexperienced was paid just as much as I was with my advanced experience. I was not given ample opportunities for growth and when I inquired about it, I was basically patted on the head and said we will see. I was allowed to work from home when available, but added work was given regularly with no pay increase.
Productive, goal tagetet, professional
Financial Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DCJanuary 15, 2019
I have been a banker for 17 years Wich requires From you to hit your target constantly you represent the bank outside and outside all the time and that it very important
Technology Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Risk Management, Audit & Compliance.
Workplace culture: Organization changes are constant and disrupt the mission, vision and directives of past leadership. Often times, the initiatives are not completed and restarted with a new vision.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Organization Changes
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Work ranged between dull, somewhat interesting, and fascinating. Pay was fair and method of advancement and pay increase was fair. Culture could be somewhat stressful, environment became harsh at times. Corporate America truisms. If you want to play the game and know how, you might do very well here.
Fast paced
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Culpeper County, VAJanuary 12, 2019
Very fast paced work place, Cold calling, great staff members and customers. Advancement to other jobs in the company that pay a lot more. Job training.
Productive environment
Interpretable Machine Learning Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2019
Typical day at work consisted in meeting with model developers, reviewing code, SAS training. Management was encouraging. Culture is down to business.
Great Company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2019
I worked for Sun trust for many years, great company yo work for. Management always kept you informed on what was going on in the company as a whole. Management is great.
Positive Work Environment
Service Supply Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2019
Much room for advancement and flexible. Ability to receive advance training and placement. The company values its employees and communication at the immediate mgr level is positive
The worst
Senior Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brandywine, MDJanuary 10, 2019
Didn’t like the company at all. People were back stabbers and the management were liars. Do not try to apply for this company. It is the same way across the whole footprint.
Fun place to work
Doc Drawer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 9, 2019
Many departments so lots to learn, training provided monthly, divers of backgrounds, able to move up and in different departments. Job was easy to learn,
One
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 9, 2019
Suntrust just lay-off over 100 + employees with our no remorse left families to find for themselves. Wish is not fair to those families. Suntrust is not a good place to work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss