SunTrust Employee Reviews

41K
Found 3,334 reviews matching the search See all 3,370 reviews
Ok job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 16, 2018
Its had great benefits but horrible management in certain branches. High turn over rate due to this sadly I don't see myself staying long like a lot of people in the area.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
VP, Bus Process Improvement Consultant, Fraud Ops (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Work, life and balance is promoted daily. Workload quite moderate and positive learning experience due to working on various projects/initiatives to meet customer expectations. Heavy on investing in employees, communities, education, promotion from within, hiring good outside talents, financial well being, and many other positive initiatives in support of career progression.
Great workplace with many career opportunities.
Teller 2 (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 14, 2018
While at SunTrust you have the option to further your career and they work hand in hand to help you move forward. Development programs offered by SunTrust prepare you for your next role.
Good company with nominal growth opportunities. Culture depends on the groups.
Senior Manager, SVP (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2018
Good company with nominal growth opportunities. Culture depends on the groups. Takes a while to adapt due to people working remote. Conservative company and slow or careful to implement new ideas
Suntrust is a great place to start your banking career if you love working with the clients.
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2018
Suntrust has a great learning culture but also expects you to be a quick learner. There is room for advancement in the branch setting but there are no bank operations departments in Charlotte.
Pros
supportive and friendly staff
Fun and fast paced environment to work
Financial Service Representative/Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GA 30024August 13, 2018
It's fun most of the time working at Sun Trust Bank. I love working in a fast-paced environment especially in a busy branch that I am working now. It is also gratifying when I help client fulfill their financial goals which could be stressful sometimes.
Also working with my team is also what I like.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Short breaks and long working hours.
Working Environment
Teller Coordinator Manager/ABM (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Extreme lack of staffing, old out-dated equipment, lack of management, stressful, very pushy and stressful for sales, no work, life, balance. The training could be better.
Pros
Pays ok
Cons
Stressful
Wish I would have stayed here
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2018
I loved working for SunTrust left to go to another company and should have stayed with SunTrust my lost. Wish I could find a job to return to SunTrust.
Supportive company that allows you to grow withitn
Quality Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2018
SunTrust is an amazing place to work. I’ve been with the company for 14 plus years, and have been presented with many opportunities to grow. Some days are more hectic then others, depending on the approaching task and deadlines. I wish my department had flexible work conditions, like working from home or working a flex schedule (10/4).
Pros
Location, Flexability
Cons
Pay
Too much management
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 12, 2018
SunTrust began as a great place to work, but over time it became evident that they only wanted to push out their older generation of loan officers and bring in green, college graduates so they could pay them less and centralize everything. Too many hands in the pie making rules and too little supervision.
Pros
Good Dr. Loan product
Cons
Too much management
Worked in the Call Center
Mortgage Banker (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
The job atmosphere was chill not to uptight. My Direct Supervisors were great but Upper Upper management was awful. They would make decision based on God knows what. They were contacted with the front line or entry level position.
Very productive and goal oriented
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2018
SunTrust is a great company to work for as long as you are ambitious and you believe in customer care/service. I've learned to assert myself more, be firm and fearless, be a team player, build better rapports with my boss/staff, have exceptional customer service, have daily goals, be strong in multi-tasking, be a quick problem-solver, manage your time efficiently, and by SunTrust's Motto...you must " Lightning The Way" for the clients as well as yourself. Not only did they want to best for their clients, but they wanted the best for their employees.

The workplace culture varies at different branches. Every branch carries the same goals, but different Managers have their own sets of rules.

The hardest part of the job was the stress of meeting goals that you could not reach daily which could occasionally lead to pressure.

The most enjoyable part of the job was truly helping my clients and being there for my teammates/staff. I love helping people that I care about. It brings me joy and satisfaction. Unfortunately, customer service has plummeted throughout the years, but while I am still able to work...I'm going to keep doing what I do best and that is to give great customer service.
Pros
Incentives, Healthcare, Programs
Cons
Aggressive goals, Market Location
Meh
AREA MANAGER, MID-ATLANTIC IN-STORES (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 9, 2018
There is a good amount of talk about how to do it right, however the execution of it is sometimes lacking in certain areas of the bank. There are a handful of senior leaders that I believe truly do try to exhibit the culture, but they are overshadowed by the immense amount of those that are oblivious to what the ideals truly are.
Upward Mobility.
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 9, 2018
Decent opportunity to move up. Training is some of the best I've had in the industry. Cool motivation working in the Company's Home Town. If you get a good manager, you are set!
Pros
Free ball games sometimes
Cons
Longer hours, more aggressive goals.
Awesome place to work.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 9, 2018
I worked in collections, good people, great salary and the work schedule allowed me to be off on the weekends and evenings. The hardest part of the job was foreclosing on customers homes.
good
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2018
One of the good companies to work for, I started with manual testing and learned alot throguh out my career with them very good comapny for new people.
Good
Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2018
Its an ok job , good pay, good name, good buildings. good people, good times, good computers, good tables, good chairs, good lights, good windows, and good animals.
fast pace, employees are disposable
N/A (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2018
SunTrust used to be a great place to work not so much these days. Employees are disposable and every 2-3 years there is a reorganization and employees are casualties of doing business.
Pros
Excellent coworkers and great clients
Cons
management blindly follows orders, & does not account of the impact to clients or employees. The only important thing is sales, sales, sales.
Ability to work a lot of over time-flexible hours
POST CLOSER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 7, 2018
Assigned 24 loans to process a day

Everything I know about mortgage loan processing

Some managers were great and some had no respect for their employees.

relaxed and comfortable . could go to lunch when you wanted. As long as you didn't abuse your time.

meeting dead lines sometimes got stressful.

Learning new things, such as new government regulations.
Pros
could take breaks when you wanted
Cons
parking
Overall a good place to work with good benefits
AVP, Corp. Security Senior Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fern Park, FLAugust 7, 2018
I was a fraud investigator there for over 20 years. I was successful in collecting overdrawn accounts and working with law enforcement and the state and federal agencies. Upon the illness of my father I went out on leave to assist with my dying father and they eliminated my position shortly after my return. I felt they should have given me more time to grieve for my aging father without eliminating my position.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
I had to work alone on large investigations and felt that I should have had more team involement