SunTrust Employee Reviews

Found 3,479 reviews matching the search See all 3,515 reviews
Very high stress job
Personal Banker IV (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 19, 2018
High stress, salary job with quotas, that always go higher than you can reach, with more stick than carrot when you do not meet them. Atmosphere gets toxic after a while. Cold calling is part of the job, and if you do not bring in accounts from the calls you can eventually get written up. If you do well and have a great month congrats!! .... now do it again (quotas go up accordingly), and if you do not, the pressure mounts. Rapidly.
Good company
Bilingual Bankruptcy Specialist (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 19, 2018
This was an good company i worked here in my 20s and created a lot of great friendships, I learn many skill here related to bankruptcy and law. the company is good but lacks structure, management teams are well train to help associates
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDOctober 19, 2018
Provided service to all customers in processing transactions and answering questions in person and over the telephone, settled transactions in an accurate and efficient manner in the lobby or drive-thru. Responsible for completing reports, processing night drops and over the counter transactions.
Had flex time could request to leave her fun perk
Loan Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 18, 2018
SunTrust was an overall nice call center to work for. Very goal oriented, if goals not met would have coachings to help improve. They were excellent in rewarding staff.
Worked at SunTrust for 18years
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLOctober 18, 2018
I have never received any disciplinary action in my whole 18years with SunTrust, also received excellent annual reviews! Was told by my brand new manager of 1 month that Florida is a right to work state and fired me with no questions! Stated that my pre-approved appointments were approved by the previous manager who still works for the company and not by him even though his administration assistant had already place the approved dates on the calendar, I was told they would be considered an occurrences.
Pros
Loved my clients and team
Cons
New Management
Productive and active workplace
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 18, 2018
Working within this corporation has given opportunities and opened a wide range of chances for me to grow within as well as outside this corporation. Working with different individuals and learning different skills and advancements.
I liked my position at SunTrust as I stayed busy and enjoyed my teamates.
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for SunTrust. My job was very challenging as I had a certain amount of loans to process which you had to stay focused on what you do in a days time. I reviewed loans and title policies for accuracy. This was somewhat like production and time went by fast as I stayed busy.
Management were very fair and made our jobs fun.
If I am chosen for this position I will give 100%.
Financial Service Rep IV/Assistant Branch Manager
Financial Service Rep IV/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2018
Financial Service Rep IV/Assistant Branch Manager
• Provided superior customer service through listening to customers, anticipating their needs, and recommending financial services
• Established, developed, retained, and deepened long-term relationships with current and potential customers in the community
• Responsible for offering and selling financial products and services (i.e. Credit Cards, CD's IRA's, Loans) to both consumers and small business customers
• Performed tasks such as opening deposit accounts, taking loan applications, and handling customer service requests in accordance with established bank and federal policies
• Independently analyzed and recommended solutions to clients with particular financial needs. (for instance, recognize if/when a CRA loan is applicable for a specific need)
• Represented SunTrust Bank in community activities thus facilitating the bank in meeting the credit needs of all segments of the communities
• Documented and maintained over 100 customers accounts (top 20 accounts)
• Performed Basic Teller functions on an on-going routine basis
Bank Teller is stressful
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 16, 2018
A very high, intense, stressful work atmosphere as the company put more focus on profits rather than assisting clients on their financial needs. I worked in low pace area and it was difficult to upkeep the daily objectives the company pressed for from their employees
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
Best bank I have ever worked for
Float Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 16, 2018
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. They are competitive and want to help you grow if that is what you desire. Everything is client-focused and client-centric. Great benefits, great insurance.
Productive workplce
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work. Sale incentives make for a competitive environment but in a good way. Always pushing employees to be their best. Many opportunities to move up and grow within the company.
sales pressure, management issues
Cash line coordinator (Service Mnanager) (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 16, 2018
Personal banker who exceeded individual and branch sales goals by offering products and services and developing and retaining relationships.
Teller coordinator (service manager) training.
Daily huddles around service and goals with a daily plans, activities and teller commitments.
Interaction with clients, asking questions and looking to match bank benefits to clients needs.
Delivered an industry leading client service experience, development of new and existing client relationships. Referring to line of business partners for additional business growth opportunities; including financial advisor, mortgage, business banking, treasury and merchant services.
Provided industry-leading service; performed routine client maintenance requests and intermediate sales functions regarding deposit, credit, and other product lines.
Responsible for knowing risk management and loss prevention procedures by participating fully in all components of the Client Engagement Model
I have loved working for SunTrust.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Carrboro, NCOctober 15, 2018
Sun Trust is a very Purpose driven company with ideal that you can truly get behind. It is important to know that things can get stressful but the companies desire to put the needs of your family first and the need of there customer first is there. I have enjoyed working for the company. Goals are realistic and they are working toward providing their employee the tools need to move forward. If you do not know anything about banking they will train you.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
hard to advance
If I can give it 2.5 stars...
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2018
There was no balance of personal and work life. When I told my supervisor at the time that I'd like to work part -time to finish college, she said I should just look for another job.
Good Company
Vice President - Investment (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2018
STIS was and is a great company to work for, they are lean and mean with a goal of being best in market and their advisors are top notch. Product offering is good
Agile
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 10, 2018
Agile utilizing Scrum methodology. Fun place to work I wiould recommend this to anyone. Worked down in the richmond office for a little while too and it was great over there as well.
SunTrust
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLOctober 9, 2018
Worked here for many years. It went from a client driven atmosphere to a sales driven profit approach. It's a decent starter job and can become a career. But growth can be challenged due to company politics with branch management.
Horrible company to work for
PERSONAL ACCOUNTS BANKER (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 8, 2018
I worked for very large, global firms all my life before coming to ST. I thought I had seen it all but ST takes all the negative experiences one can possibly have with a company and rolls them all up into one. Training doesn't prepare you for what you'll be doing, then you get dinged for every mistake you make - and so many dings add up to an incredibly high turnover/burnout. I've seen veterans of several years have their desk packed up while on a 15 minute break at ST. If you are terminated, they deny your benefits due to "misconduct". This is easily overturned by appeal, but just another example of how your negative experience at ST keeps giving even after you leave. Horrible company that rules on the principles of management by intimidation.
Pros
Life to work is ok. Pay is ok IF you upsell.
Cons
Management and treatment. You're worth nothing as en employee.
Political
Senior Litigation Paralegal (JD) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2018
Power and Sociopathic leadership bullies.Litigation division is highly disparate in its leadership and use FEAR motivation and threats constantly to manage control.
Pros
Bank holidays
Cons
Poor leaderrship.
An ok place to work
Cardmember Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2018
Management is great but there are no opportunities for advancement and raises don’t come that often. Cafeteria is great and the onsite clinic is a plus.
Pros
Management, top performers luncheon
Cons
No raises, no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight