SunTrust Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
41K
Found 3,193 reviews matching the search See all 3,228 reviews
Outsourcing all jobs
Operations Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 21, 2018
SunTrust Mortgage is outsourcing 90% of jobs to India. Lay offs since Sept 2018 and continuing. The upper management and senior leaders are not transparent and expect the teammate to be dishonest about results.
Pros
The teammates and talent are exceptional
Cons
integrity, transparency, and communication from senior leadership
Business Analyst/Salesforce
Business Analyst / Salesforce Admin (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 21, 2018
An excellent place to work great management and also learn new skills a good team and a place where someone can pick new work habits and good pick good skills for your career
Exciting, challenging work environment
Relationship Banker Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 20, 2018
Flexible work schedule, pleasant work environment, team players, satisfaction of assisting customers and resolving their issues; Employee Appreciation.
Neutral experience
Data Entry Administrator Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2018
The manager that I had did not communicate clearly yet accused me of not communicating clearly. She had hired 48 contractors and only hired on one at that point. Not easy to please. So it was a just fine experience, but my experience with her made this a bad one.
Fun work place
Investor Claims Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2018
Great place to work very friendly staff. Management is a great and they try to answer any and all questions, very reliable. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Pros
lunches/activities
Suntrust
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 18, 2018
SunTrust was a good company to work for. I learned so much about financing and money management that would help me individually and socially to benefit others.
Pros
2 week vacations
Cons
The lay offs
Great culture
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2018
This is a great place to work. Management pays attention to you and offers a good work/life balance. Be your own champion when it comes to salary, but otherwise you should work here.
Great Bank
V.P. Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 17, 2018
Lots of meetings and training. Very fast paced. Management set high sales goals for each office and gave great support to help them to reach there goals. Great employees.
Great work at home program
Mortgage Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
Suntrust should allow teammates to work from home without restraints. This job is highly stressful an requires a lot of overtime. Working from home will cut down on the stress and allow you to spend more time at home.
My experience
IT Security Access Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2018
A typical day at work involves at least 1 morning meeting, depending on the project schedule. Sometimes there are several meetings a day. Management at SunTrust is in a constant state of flux, as such, directions are constantly changing. The culture is hard to describe. SunTrust is conservative in it's approach to innovation and typically slow to compensate talent. The hardest part of the job is the lack of direction. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the co-workers. There are great people in the trenches, making SunTrust go. Overall, in my own experience, what I've learned at SunTrust is that hard work will rarely get rewarded.
calm work plsace
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2018
I was fired for the color of my skin. Not giving away my race but my manager and i were let go after increasing the sales in that location by more than 40% in less than 3 months due to our sales experience.
Has very high ethics and very client centric
Vice President -Manager, Business Info (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
Great work environment; believes in providing internal training for the staff, provides a flexible work schedule for most employees, has a great presence in the community with their volunteer efforts.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
does a lot of restructures and RIF (reduction in force)
tough
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2018
it was hard to keep up with family and working for this mortgage industry. it is very cut throat and don't give you enough time to go to bathroom or even eat lunch
Good Hours
Teller (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 16, 2018
The hours in a bank are 8-6. Fast paced. There are sales goals that you have to meet each quarter, if you don't meet the goals then you have to be counseled which made the work environment a hostile at times.
management
tier 3 business support (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 14, 2018
they need to be more humans understand the employees have needs too other wise this company would been a better experience,the other thing they need here is better equipment training and staff .
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management is disorganized
Productive and fun workplace
Mortgage Loan Processor III (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 14, 2018
Great place to work if you are willing to relocate. Teammates works well with each others. Overall, its a great place to work. Their operation system is becoming up to current standerd.
stressful work place
Senior Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  laplata, mdMay 11, 2018
hard to meet deadlines and it was a very stressful working enviornment. My boss was fantastic and the co-workers were very supportive but we had to meet stressful deadlines on a weekly basis. We closed on an average of 35 loans a month.
Worked for SunTrust almost 2 years
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2018
Not a great company, good ole boy network. Difficult to move up in company if you don't fit their idea image. I would not recommend this company if you're a minority.
Pros
Strong Pay
Cons
Discrimination is rampant
Overall - Good Values / Strong culture
Fraud Department (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
SunTrust is a great company to work for. Overall good leadership. I've probably outgrown my pot in my current domain and working for a manager that does not have an adequate mastery of the domain that I am in. As a result, I'm taking a pause to see about new opportunities for career pathing inside and outside.
Pros
good culture, bank that is growing, ethical framework & mission / values.
Cons
Goals / Objectives at times are off-track, with leadership not having an adequate mastery of the domain they are responsible for, while over-ruling opinions of domain experts on topics, Bank is trying to adapt to universal banking model, stretching talents across too many knowledge domains simultaneously
stressful
Credit Risk / National Exception Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2018
I learned to manage stress and keep my questions, concerns or opinions to myself * some people advanced to managers were not qualified and it showed. They were not good communicators
Pros
pay was good
Cons
management let everyone know they (we) were replaceable