SunTrust

SunTrust Employee Reviews in Richmond, VA

Professional Work Environment was fantastic
Great place to work for as a new or young professional banker and experienced banker as well. The flexibility at work was nice with nice parking lots for the employees.
a fair good company
It is a good company with excellent culture. A lot of great projects people can learn with different departments and different people. Overall a fair good company to work with.
Bhla
Okay company other than the pay. Industry pays 60k for the job and responsibilities of analyst, Truist/SunTrust pays mid 40k. A diverse company and inclusive. Good opportunities to volunteer.
not sunny at SunTrust
training wasnt uniform,alot of favoritism and noone wanted to hear the truth. Everyone was cut throat afraid to speak the truth but unhappy and miserable
Fast paced
This is a very fast paced environment work environment. You work non-stop and overtime is required to get your job completed. They pay well to compensate you for your time at work. They are a reactive company and not very proactive. The solve problems rather than look at ways to prevent them.
Pros
They have very good benefits
Cons
High turnover rate
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Productive and inclusive
A great place to work if you're just getting your career started, or if you have tons of experience. Compensation is decent, and learn a lot of new information.
Unstable
There was a lot of management turnover that resulted in loosing a lot of talented individuals and the elimination of the operational risk management group.
Somewhat satisfied
Its a job. Not a career. Suntrust is not particularly interested in the happiness of its employees. Clear favoritism shown. Annual increases are not based on performance but on where one is in the “box” already.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SunTrust?
A purpose-driven company
SunTrust prides it's self as a purpose-driven company dedicated to Lighting the Way to Financial Well-Being for the people, businesses, and communities it serves. The company is committed to advancing inclusion and diversity with our teammates, our clients and in our communities.
Nice place to learn the corporate world
Suntrust allows you to learn different skills however you need to be a self motivator Very little time for training You do have opportunity for growth but you need to be diligent and go after it apply yourself and you will be successful
SunTrust
I was able to grow and work my way up in the company (position and salary).
I enjoyed working with most of my managers.

I enjoyed most of my teammates and co workers as well.
Family oriented place to work
During my time here I have grown and learned a lot of roles and job over the years being here. I have grown as a better leader and manager. I enjoy my work family and how the culture of SunTrust has helped families.
Management is the only problem with suntrust and being that management is who run the employee’s and the company, the company as a whole has taken a loss. The management needs to be under reconstruction, needs up to date training of the changes that has take place over years, respect and basically practice what is preached. There needs to be update with computer system and up to date information provided to the representative to provide to the clients
Had good, competitive bonuses and great footprint
This company has a substantial footprint in my region, and there were great bonuses and commissions for both Consumer Direct and Retail loan officers.
job
unprofessional and micromanaged ! everyone wants to be in charge besides the main person ! nobody is safe far as personal business & once you tell your manager/ coach everyone knows. not a good look
Great place work
Great culture. Flexible schedule. Free career development tools available. Managers are open. Training available and monthly meeting for individual assessment consistently provided.
Great Opportunities
SunTrust offers opportunities to advance and improve your skills. You can make the most of your career with the support that is given. Take advantage of the work life and training courses.
Very enjoyable place of employment at pride in thier teammates and customers
Flexible time
Great benefits and perks

Teammate fun, such as pot lucks or games during meetings

Multi-culture

Management is fair and understandable
Banking and Investment Services
* Typical days are 8-5pm, with some positions having weekend shifts
* Excellent learning opportunities for sales, service, and client interaction

* Management is usually friendly and open

* Culture varies from location to location, but most employees are friendly and knowledgeable

* Hardest part of the job is meeting client expectations

* Most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients reach their financial goals.
Great Benefits and Friendly Teammates
SunTrust provides a diverse workplace environment. The company provides resources to strengthen and learn new skills. The pay is great. The benefits are good.
Pros
Pay
Mortgage
Horrible company horrible culture...no organization whatsoever. Employee turn around is sky high.. Out of 10 other employees in my training class I was the last one left after 3 months. Fast food jobs can keep employees longer than suntrust.. Take my word for it when I say this place sucks..
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything but the pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
1.3K
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SunTrust.