SunTrust

SunTrust Employee Reviews in Tampa, FL

Great company to work for.
I loved working at Suntrust Bank. Unfortunately, I was placed in a situation where I had to make a personal decision knowing that I would leave the job. Management makes the atmosphere easy to work with.
Benefits
Cons
Salary/ Compensation
Great work place to be in. Many opportunities.
Fun and relaxed place to work with many opportunities to advance in the company. Friendly environment with an easy going pace. Many benefits are offered to you.
best parts
I was able to move into 3 different positions thru my career there which was nice but it is hard to work in a branch with such a small staff b/c when someone is out sick or on vacation it can be tough.
Productive environment
I worked in the Trust Department and was promoted to support the EVP and President in the Florida Corporate Office. I traveled to NewYork to introduce my Trust Officer to a customer that worked at a Fortune 500 company and received a CELA ( Customer Excellence and Leadership Award).
Nice Place to work
Working as a group to meet Bank goals and exceed.
I had great outcome in sales always exceded sale.

Made many friend.

All the events were a team effrod.
na
Its very political its all about who you know. I have seen several great employees leave due to the oversight of acomplishments. It was a great starting point to build knowlege but to advance you must find a new company
Great 9 to 5 job
Could be a very stressful and fast paced job, but at the same time very enjoyable.

The company offers great training, great benefits and the best part of it you have weekends and all the holidays off.
Good company
Love SunTrust Bank I would go back .Good training room to improved and grow and hey care about their employees ,flexible schedule and good management.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
n/a
I am not a sales person
I loved working there at first, but very quickly it turned into a sales job. We were required to sell a certain number of "products" per month, or we were disciplined.
Pros
bankers hours
Cons
sales
Daily Life
Came in, review email, attend daily status meetings, analyze loan data coming in for new and existing loans to ensure quality. Ensure loans were inputted into all applicable systems.
Pros
Quiet, comfortable office.
Cons
Long commute, bad traffic.
Worked for SunTrust almost 2 years
Not a great company, good ole boy network. Difficult to move up in company if you don't fit their idea image. I would not recommend this company if you're a minority.
Pros
Strong Pay
Cons
Discrimination is rampant
Bank teller and ATM Teller
Greeted customer and handled their banking needs. Exchanged currency for customers traveling out of town. Processed money orders, and cashier checks. Sold services and items that would help customer. Balanced cash drawer daily and also balanced the
ATM (Automated Teller Machine) daily.

Worked the drive-though window frequently.

Enjoyed working with the customers, knew many by their name.

Hardest part was the low salary with extremely high responsibility.
Pros
Medical, dental, 401k
Cons
low salary for huge responsiblity especially balancing the ATM.
Great place to work with lots of advancement
SunTrust was my career employment. I had planned to retire there, but as the economy was poor at the time a lot of job eliminations occurred and unfortunately I was one of them.
Longevity doesn't always mean job security
Like other Corporate entities, they are always restructuring, reorganizing therefore reducing jobs which is why I just lost mine. I have to wonder if management really understands just how busy we are and how much we contribute to the success of the department. I feel bad for my co-workers who were able to keep their jobs. I do not see how the restructuring is going to improve the client experience or lessen the stress and job tasks of my co-workers.
Wonderful Company without job security
SunTrust as an overall company is a wonderful place to work. Unfortunately, there is little opportunities for advancement and job security is not a guarantee.
Suntrust was a great place to work
Going to work was a pleasure at SunTrust.. People were very friendly and knowledgeable. Management was interested in your success and pushed you to achieve at your highest level. As has been most jobs in my life this was a commission sales position and ensuring that we provided the best possible experience for the customer was job one in this sales organization.
The management team was amazing. Always willing to help in any situation. They had policies and procedures that were very strict. Which I loved because it help the place stay organized
Productive and fun place to work.
Productive and fun place to work. Management is always willing to work with you to advance in your career. Management makes sure that we adhere to the Job Work/Life Balance rules.
It was good
I enjoyed working at SunTrust. My peers and boss was really cool. If i didnt have to relocate would have never quit SunTrust. I still miss working there.
Constructive and Friendly Atmosphere to work.
Working at SunTrust bank has been one of the best decisions I made in my career. My activities for a day are driven by notifications from our ticketing systems, request from my manager or any work in progress. Developing a good sense of prioritization is one the most important thing I learned from SunTrust Bank. Maintaining a cordial relationship with each other at work is one of the values of our Environment.Working as part of a team is something i enjoy very much in my environment.
Same business practices as Wells Fargo
Over worked, under appreciated...asked to do unethical things. The management is ruthless and relentless. They simply care nothing about the employees.
Pros
Decent PTO
Cons
Horrible middle management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight