SunTrust

SunTrust Employee Reviews for Loan Officer

Solid Mortgage Banking Organization
Well run organization.
Qualified management team that emphasises success.

Financially solid super regional financial institution.

Competitive products
Pros
Variety of loan programs
Cons
limited flexibility
Mortgage Loan Officer Consumer Direct
Suntrust is a great place to work. I have enjoyed numerous years of employment with the Mortgage Loan Office Headquarters in Richmond, VA. I would recommend this position to any sales professional interested in mortgage telesales.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
Five Mortgage CEO's in Five Years
I would not reccomend the Mortgage Department
Terrible management. The benefits are not the best at all and its expensive. Terrible training practices. I did learn quite a bit about the mortgage process. So at least I got that out of the job
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Healthcare
Very productive and help others have stable homes through the comapany
Here I was a Loan Officer/ Loan Specialist and I knew just what to do to help bank approve customers either tell them what I needed and or give exceptions with interest rates and so on. I would do renegotiations, extension, and all kinds of marketing skills if there was enough improvement in our rates at the time.
A typical workday, is working with clients either looking for a refinance or looking into a robust investment portfolio and who are looking for a new purchase, get their business needs done and grow future business
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Retail is good; call center not recommended.
The Charlotte, NC office is horrible. Management has zero people skills and creates unnecessary turnover. If management set aside their ego, and actually empowered their staff, it would grow exponentially, as there really are some talented people in the Charlotte office; unfortunately, most of the talent leaves, and newbies come in green and ready to work, only to find out they are misinforming consumers of delivery times, locks, closing, etc.

SunTrust get it together! Consumers end up suffering in the end. I'd go with a local broker like Primary Residential Mortgage in Fort Mill, SC. or related. They are way more competitive and give wonderful service.
Pros
Gym downstairs
Cons
Negative and hostile environment
fun but mostly customer service
It's a bank not huge throughout the USA but mostly east coast
enjoyable I would say

short days

paid holidays

bank atmosphere
Good ol boy system in full effect.
management very unhelpful unless your "one of the guys". Unorganized and support staff worthless. While other banks were closing loans in 45-60 days Suntrust was taking up to 1 year in some cases causing me to lose a lot of income due to horrible customer service which management always came back and put on it's loan officers. When first started was told in the very inadequate training class that "we do not hold your hand at Suntrust" even though they changed how things operated on a monthly basis so the loan officers have no idea things changed unless we figured it out on our own.
Benefits
Cons
Worthless support team, antiquated technology, terrible management
Financial Loan Officer
Assisted customers with their banking necessities and reviewed loan applications with them.
Enjoy selling products to clients
I love sales and have been the mortgage industry for almost 20 yrs but want a new challenge in a different industry . I look forward to that challenge and being able to bring my extensive sales experience along with superior customer service to my new employer.
Great people to work with and really enjoyed helping customers.
I learned many things while working at SunTrust Bank, most importantly, how to deal with people. Customers have a variety of needs and specific circumstances which often requires specialized solutions. There were often very upset customers who needed a little extra special care and attention in order to resolve their concerns or issues. I quickly learned that it is best to address these concerns or negative issues in a timely manner, rather than putting it off until later. I would have to say the best part of my job at SunTrust Bank was interacting with the clients. I loved helping people and seeing their reactions when they realized their needs have been met efficiently and effectively.
Pros
Great coworkers, great customers and new challenges everyday
Cons
Working weekends
Productive and interesting work place
a typical day at work- Looking for mortgage prospects, speaking with clients about refinancing and/or purchasing homes
what you learned- knowledge about the mortgage business

management and co workers- a pleasure to work with

the hardest part of the job-it is not my passion to work in the mortgage department

the most enjoyable part of the job-working with my teammates, clients and manager
It was a great experience
Help customers to get mortgages to refinance or to purchase home by qualifying them on the best program and rate availlable to the cusomer
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Work slow down and was laid off
Productive and Good Working Enviroment
Good Work Enviroment, inbound call center with outbound calls as well.
Suntrust was a great experience
With my 6 years at Suntrust, it was overall a good experience. It was my best experience with management and am thankful for my experience there.
Good place to work hard and move up on retail lending side especially.
Good, solid financial institution with good processes and controls in place. Offered opportunity to move to other parts of the organization.
Pros
Good mobility, upward advancement
Cons
Compensation not the best..
Awesome Company!
Awesome company to work for, great products to fund home loans and refinances.
Pros
awesome company
A productive & fast past work enviroment.
It was a fast pace enviroment in the morning to process commerical loans in the morning & get them in the system before noon. after lunch hour it as pretty slow pace, unless you was on a different job that week like mailor scanning loans in the system.
Nice environment to work
The work and the policies to give teh loans was excellent but unfortunately the nation residential market was a ballon and explode, being so difficult to help the people to refinance or to buy, and of course very difficult as a loan officer to accomplish the goals.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight