Sunwest Mortgage Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

stay away from this place
funding (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 23, 2019
this place is highly stressful. You come in and except the fact that you cannot talking so you'll keep to your self. However if you have to work with a co worker to clear an issue but you cannot speak to each other you will both get written up. Management does not care about your well being. We had gas smell on the floor and instead of evacuating everyone they move people to the other side of the floor and gave them computers to work. Did not call the gas company they just had a handy man look at the a/c unit and that was it. Its really not worth it working here.
There are cameras every where that can zoom into what you are doing. Your phone is monitored as well as your emails.
Pros
Cons
horrible place
na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 15, 2019
they expect so much of you and the way they train was not the best. They change policies often. they require you to do lots of overtime. They do not work very well with people that have kids.
I have nothing to say good or bad about SunWest Mortgage
Conventional Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 5, 2018
I cannot complete this due to having signed an agreement stating, I would not speak of the company in any way.
Their is nothing more to say.
I can be rehired there, but they have moved
SunWest is hiring a lot of remote Underwriters
Not a pleasant experience
Loan Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PROctober 30, 2018
1.Clock in and see all your errors from last day via email which employees from India promptly provide every day.
2. Expect a memo from that error.
3. It is normal to get a final warning memo, but then another memo after that.
4. Not allowed to talk with co-workers to clarify doubts.
5. Constantly changing HR procedures and signing a new pledge every 1-2 months.
6. No real training.
7.Sr.VP Production Management likes to yell at people.
8.Company randomly fires people, even the finest.
9.Employees overworked , not considered and /or not realistic daily goals.
Pros
Pay is good per hour// not sure if worth the pain.
Cons
Ceo, Sr.Vp production management, Relationship manager team lead
It's a sweat shop
Processor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 25, 2018
The environment is like a factory. We were told not to talk to our co-workers during work. Training is minimal and were told to "look it up" in a huge manual if we had questions. I started with two other people and we were all gone within three months. It's an unhealthy environment when you can't speak to your neighbor and are managed by report. Human communication is minimal. The office in India works while the US employees sleep and every morning we come in to 20+ emails because of the opposite work hours. It's a stressful, unfriendly, toxic environment.
Pros
Lunch provided twice monthly
Cons
Lack of communication, sweatshop environment.
Mismanagement/Poor pay structure/Lack of training/Poor treatment of employees
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 17, 2018
This company had poor management, they had a horrible play structure for loan officers, a lack of training, no job security, and it was by far the worst mortgage company that I have ever worked for. I received calls at 10pm due to employees being in different time zones yet I wasn't compensated for this. Loan officers were paid $8/hour with a draw that you could never seem to pay back. So licensed professionals were getting paid like minimum wage employees by working over 40 hours a week, only getting $320/week BEFORE taxes.
Pros
Cons
No training, faulty equipment, horrible offices, poor compensation
Horrible work environment
underwriter (Former Employee) –  remoteNovember 21, 2017
You never know if/when you'll be written up or fired - no job security. I was in a group of 12 that started training on the same day and within one month, I was the only one left standing only to be laid off a month after that. Micro-managers.
productive, very detailed and some training and quick problem solver, productive isn't how many resolved but how many you touv
Loan Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRApril 3, 2017
Extremely detailed oriented and diligence is a must. Too much work and expected to be done at the end of the day in order to prove your production met the 8 hour work. Between quizzes and audit and staff online meeting is a super focus job and quite stressful! Little training and the rest you learn on your own. Must have initiative and motivation to work alone.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
Too much work, detailed oriented, audit and production is made stressful by the amount of detail and guidelines to follow to a tee.
Not a good company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 10, 2015
Sunwest Mortgage attempted to open retail division at the end 2012. I was hired and May of 2013 to run the Colorado branch. Unfortunately, the company was not set up to start this new venture. Management had no idea how to execute these start ups. I have honestly never experienced a company that was so out of touch with there staff and clients needs.
Pros
Cons
Lack of management, direction, and support