SUNY Canton Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Flexible work schedule and great management.
Campus Job EOP Tutor (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYMarch 26, 2018
I am a student at SUNY Canton and was offered a job through the EOP program to be a peer tutor. I work basically when I want on the days and i have yet to have a bad experience.
Workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Job started out great with good management and good hours then under new management hours took a big hit and it became tough to work because i was receiving little to no hours.
Official Transcriber
Official Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJanuary 30, 2018
I was assigned by my professors in the classes to take notes for students who were not as efficient at note taking. I enjoyed doing this for I was able to help those who wanted to improve their education.
Suny canton pr
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJanuary 28, 2018
Worked in the Public Relations office for one semester. Met a lot of great people. Learned how everyone interacted and made some great, long lasting friendships. This opportunity opened more doors for me later on down the road. I am appreciative for what SUNY Canton did for me while on campus and thank my connections to help me get the experience needed to get to where I am today.
Pros
Busy, fast paced environment. Makes the day go by quick.
Cons
Interns are not paid
wonderful environment
College Campus Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Canton, NY 13617July 18, 2017
Wonderful bosses, and coworkers. Got to met an advise possible future students and families. Got lots of exercise walking around the campus. Never got boring. Hardest part was when you had bigger groups and trying to make sure you got everyone's questions got answered. Most enjoyable part was meeting all different people from different places.
Pros
Experience and people interactions
Cons
Early/ late hours
great place to network
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJune 1, 2017
A great place to work with so many amazing people! The organization was in a bit of transition when I was there but is now much more settled. There are so many interesting programs and great people that head those programs. The most enjoyable part of my job was collaborating with so many amazing people!
Pros
great professional development opportunities
Fun workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Newell Veterinary BuildingMay 25, 2017
As a previous work study student, it was great experience working at Newell to be able to become a little more advanced with certain tasks than fellow classmates. It was a very fun and relaxed atmosphere to work in.
Fun Place to work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYMay 23, 2017
Helped build social skills and showed how important it is to be on time to work. The people are great and the bond with bosses are amazing. would love to work there again
about this site
Automotive Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYApril 27, 2017
My school informed about this website a couple months ago because its one of the best place to look for job as a student and its totally free. now here i am looking for a summer for freeeeee
Great outdoorsy environment
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYApril 26, 2017
A decent day at work consisted of assisting customers with renting bikes which is a great activity to partake in if you are visiting the city. Management could have been a little more organized. The most enjoyble part of working this job was being outside and getting to enjoy my summer as well.
Pros
great people to work around
Cons
needed better management
A Great Experience
Part-time cleaner (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYDecember 14, 2016
I had to get at my workplace at 6h30am to sign-in and prepare to start work at 7 am. My break time was for 30 minutes, and I had to go back to work immediately. My co-workers were cooperative though we had some disagreements sometimes. The hardest part of this job was to make sure everything cleaned, and my boss satisfied with the work. Sometimes, my boss would bring lunch for all we and add us five more minutes to rest if we felt tired. It was a very great experience for since it was my first paid job, I have ever had. I learned to value money and people jobs.
Helped me become a better student and Graphic Designer
PR INTERN (Former Employee) –  SUNY Canton, NY 13617November 5, 2016
Being a student intern for the school allowed me to take classes as well as complete an internship. I'm currently taking four online classes and two in class classes onto of an internship. It is a lot of work but it is worth it! It has allowed me to get real life experiences in and does not conflict with my classes. I intern on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's from about ten in the morning till four in the afternoon. I have had to ability to use social media to promote our school, usually including pictures that I have taken around campus. I also got to experience what it was like to take video. I haven't taken video classes yet but I will be doing them in the Spring 2017 semester. Other projects I've completed at my internship are: making vinyl pieces for the basketball team to use in their locker rooms, creating a writers series poster, as well as helping with the SUNY Canton Newsletter. I enjoy my work in this department and the small staff size really helps me feel comfortable and open with the other employees.
Pros
small team, open communication, learning new skills
Cons
not being as involved with video
Tough
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJune 29, 2016
Not enough jobs and this job was temporary it was a food job didn't require much execpt we did have to train, but it was fun overall.
Fun place to work.
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJune 16, 2016
Co-workers very quickly become family. Interacting with students on a daily basis is the enjoyable part of the job. Typical day at work is molding students to prepare them for the real world.
Pros
Union strong, work with students
Cons
students leave - co-workers retire
Good Opportunity to Individually Manage and Audit
Recycling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Great position opportunity. I get to work at my own pace, and get the work done that is required for supervisor review by a certain time of the year.

I get to format the data in my own personal preference, while the work hours are completely up to me.
fun
Campus Store clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYDecember 6, 2015
Great work environment from peers to managerial staff. I would recommend this position to anyone who is eligible to apply.
Student tour guide for campus
Student Ambassador/Tour (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJuly 24, 2015
This was a college held position, in which I gave tours of the campus, and potential students. Worked various on campus events such as open houses. Worked with peers and other college students.
Pros
campus job
Enjoyable workplace
Program Coordinator of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJune 22, 2015
Great job to work for. Flexiable time and schedule. I have learned to be a little more agressive in sales and communicating with customers
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
long shifts
Great Experience
Teacher's Assistant / Note (Former Employee) –  SUNY CantonFebruary 28, 2015
Help mentally disabled children with their not taking, i learned not to judge a book by it's cover. Management there really wasn't any, my co workers were my peer and they were very helpful. Hardest part , there really wasn't any, but the best part was seeing my peers enjoyment.
Pros
meeting others, studying while working
Cons
Fun, interactive work place with fellow students.
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  canton, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Arrive at work at 10 a.m review for the upcoming tour. Greet families awaiting tour and proceed to show the campus and answer any questions. Upon conclusion of the tour return to office and execute any admin duties needed to be fullfill.