SUNY Cobleskill Employee Reviews

Night jobs
Night Host (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYSeptember 15, 2018
This was a job I had during my college time. This is, in other words, a nighttime RA. You stay at a desk and check in kids staying overnight, you complete about four rounds of checking the halls and your side door. This isn't bad you can get a lot of homework and work done.
Pros
time for your work to be done
Cons
night hours
fast paced: made many friends in the short time there
Barn Hand (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYSeptember 3, 2018
I worked at the equine barn in between classes. On a busy day that my help was needed I would be there at 6:45 am and help with morning activities. Such as, feeding horses, turn out, and mucking stalls. During the afternoon we would bring horses back inside to feed them. I would often perform night check. only one person is on to feed, water, and close down the barn. I developed good time management and the ability to work well with others. I worked under three managers all with different strengths. The work was fast paced and rewording.
Pros
everyday was different
Cons
everyday was different
internship during college
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYAugust 31, 2018
this was a local on campus day care.
it was an internship and really prepared me for what working as an early child hood teacher would be like
it was not paid.
time consuming
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYAugust 1, 2018
this place does take a lot out of you and there is always so much going on. Many great people and there is a lot of opportunity out there. Spent three years here and would not change that because it has changed me for the better.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYJuly 15, 2018
Fun atmosphere and great people to work with. After having multiple jobs at SUNY Cobleskill I can say overall the atmosphere is great and the people are even better.
Great people
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMay 4, 2018
Everyone was friendly, and made me feel like I was at home. Whenever i felt lost, someone would always go out of their way to help me, until i fully understood a certain task I might have been stuck on at the time.
Pros
Great Staff, fun work
Cons
N/a
Great place
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
I love my experience at SUNY Cobleskill, and the amount of opportunities they provide their students. It was a great place to get education and also work part-time. I gained even more by working where I was also learning.
Great Place to work
Plant Science Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYFebruary 1, 2018
The work environment is great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There is room for advancement. The workload is average. Great place to learn new skills.
Library Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYDecember 2, 2017
Enjoyed interacting with student peers, town members, faculty, and staff. Straightforward work environment. Shelved materials, used computer, customer service.
Good Work Place
Manager Connie Zwick (Former Employee) –  Twisted WhiskersOctober 8, 2017
This was a great college job.
The hours were very flexible for my college work schedule.
It was a friendly work environment with good bosses.
It was fast paced
It was just a college job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYAugust 28, 2017
There really isn't anything to say I just put files away for my RA and RD. It wasn't hard but it was really boring and the pay wasn't that good. nothing else.
Pros
I had some spending money
Cons
Boreing
great work enviroment
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYAugust 18, 2017
suny is a great place to work for. they are great to there employees always family based, and they always take into consideration your lfamily comes first.
Work Study
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYJune 13, 2017
As a method to generate an income during classes, the work study program is fantastic! I was able to gain a more in depth education of the mechanics behind the experiments used in class.
Residential Life
Facilities Management Laborer/ Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMay 4, 2017
Working for residential life is a fun experiencing, You not only learn responsibility, but develop great work skills in the process of performing work duties.
Fun and Educational
Work Study Wildlife Technician (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYApril 27, 2017
I've been lucky enough to have a work study position as a wildlife technician while working on my bachelor's degree in Wildlife Management. The Fisheries and Wildlife Department at SUNY Cobleskill is amazing, every day is a new learning experience.
Blessed
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMarch 9, 2017
Over all working here while getting an education was a great time. The friendships and bonds that ere made are going to last a life time and I am so blessed for them
Resident Assistant/Sustanaiblity Mentor
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMarch 3, 2017
Resident Assistant (August 2010-August 2011) Responsibilities included supervision of student residents, filing of reports, facilitating communication and de escalation of conflicts between residents. In addition to regularly organized educational and community based programs specifically built towards sustainable animal agriculture.

Sustainability Mentor (January 2010-August 2010) Duties included organizing student educational programming about sustainable agriculture and continual outreach as a sustainability advocate. I was specifically responsible for outreach within the residence halls. I spent hours each week speaking to individual students about their perceptions and ideas regarding community movement toward a more sustainable way of life.
Good place to be a student and RA
Resident Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYNovember 14, 2016
SUNY Cobleskill is a good place to be both a student as well as a Resident Assistant. It provides good hands on experiences.
great
NIGHT HOST (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYJune 7, 2016
great place. fun staff. ok food. lots of job opportunities. great coworkers. flexible schedules. a little unfair about RA positions
Residents
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMay 24, 2016
This position made me learn some management skills, and leadership skill, and it enhance my communication skill. The environment is good, and that you are doing is watching, and communicating with kids your ages are a little younger at the age 18. This job makes you do rounds to see how the building is. We have to make sure there is no residents passed out, or doing anything they are not suppose to do.