SUNY Oneonta Employee Reviews

easy, relaxed, took on responsibilities
Night Host (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMarch 29, 2018
When you took on the responsibilities of the safety of other students it felt rewarding. There was an instance that i had to take charge of the operations when a student was in dire need of medical services. While others stray away from the reigns, I stepped forward while encouraging my peers to do the same.
Great Education at a Friendly School
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMarch 9, 2018
One can pick classes and professors that are best for yourself. Great location and faculty and staff that always want to help you succeed as a student.
Pros
Location, Flexibility, Meal Plan
Cons
Homework, Papers, Finals
Unpaid intern
New York History Journal Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYFebruary 16, 2018
For this position I was an unpaid intern. I did not receive anything in fact I was required to complete this position. can not reccommend it for a work
Productive and friendly workplace
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Learned phone, computer, and office skills while still being able to work on homework when the phones weren't ringing. It was enjoyable to help people solve their problems and lead them in the right direction.
College Job
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYDecember 26, 2017
It was pretty ok to work at SUNY Oneonta. I was definitely not being paid enough for the work that I was doing. I worked with a great group of peers. I earned a lot of skills from this job. The hardest part of the job is that the school required its Resident Advisors to put their RA position before their school work.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Not enough time for actual school work
Economics Tutor
Economics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYDecember 8, 2017
Relaxed environment and the advisors were very nice. Working with the students was definitely the most rewarding aspect. It also helped me understand economics more than I did before.
college
Student Resident Advisor (RA) (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYNovember 4, 2017
Loved working at oneonta, great people, great environment, alot of support from the school and faculty and advisors. people were great, i learned a lot and had a lot of fun
Good place to work while a student
Technical Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYOctober 24, 2017
As a student worker I couldn't speak to the details of being a professional employee of SUNY Oneonta. However for me it was a great place to work that was good about working around class schedules. I also had the opportunity to learn quite a bit about IT and A/v systems for a large operation like a state university.
Pros
Flexible hours, opportunity to learn new skills
Cons
Compensation and benefits reflected student status
Productive and relaxed environment
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYOctober 3, 2017
The management was professional and very organized with the workers schedule. Inside the workplace, it was productive and the environment was comfortable for everyone to work well together.
Intramural Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Overall great experience. They were flexible with school and giving you hours to work. They were all very nice. Worked most weeknights which worked well with school.
Great College job
Economics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Got this job as an economics tutor my senior year. It was a great experience with a great group of co workers. I loved helping students get good grades
Pros
flexible hours
great place to work
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYAugust 10, 2017
loved the school and great work environment. enjoyed the people and the location of the school, paid position in college was also a big plus for me. Great experience.
active and self rewarding working with students with disabilities
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJuly 6, 2017
I would met up with the students on their time and help with any questions they have. we would have regular meeting times to go over class materials and lectures. I have learned to cater to the many different needs that one with disabilities may have. The hardest part of this job was working around my schedule to help the students. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the students happy with their results.
Pros
academic trainings
Cons
less pay
Productive and fun work place
Assistant to the Sports Information Director (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJune 25, 2017
I worked alongside the director of Sports Information and within the entire athletic department. I did game statistics, announced games, filed paper work and any other computer tasks. I enjoyed the people I worked with and every day at the job was enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was learning the new computer systems, like the back end of the school athletic website.
loved it
Night Host (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for SUNY Oneonta. I gained interpersonal skills and also made many friends with this job. I was required to think fast and problem solve
Adjunct Instructors
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJune 10, 2017
A lot of independence to teach, however, very little interaction with faculty and staff. There was limited support or guidance from Professors or department heads. Adjunct Instructors are left on their own to teach
Rewarding helping peer students
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJune 8, 2017
I would meet with a range of one to three students at a time to tutor them in their respective classes. This gave me an opportunity to review material learned in prior courses. My supervisor was always available when I needed or for various questions or scheduling changes. It was difficult to put information that I well understood into terms that would make sense to the tutees. However, this allowed me to enhance my communication skills. I greatly appreciated the feeling of helping others and knowing that I made a difference for them in every session.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Student cancellations
This is not an employer
Donations Liaison, Saint Jude Giants (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 26, 2017
This was where I went to school...

I do not want this to reflect badly on me but I can't figure out how to not do this. I did not really work for SUNY Oneonta, I was just on the eboard of a club there.
Fun and Friendly place to work
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 23, 2017
Working as a Resident Advisor at SUNY Oneonta was a great experience, although your work environment and satisfaction does rely heavily on your boss. I was lucky enough to have two of the best bosses to be a RA for, which made my time there a wonderful experience.
College
Late Night Oneonta TV Host * Wire TV (Former Employee) –  IRC StudiosMay 18, 2017
More of a college than a work environment. The job experience I received at SUNY Oneonta was that of a college student run television club. I received no pay as this was an extracurricular activity