SUNY Oswego Employee Reviews in Oswego, NY

Great place to network
Assistant Director of Logistics (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NY 13126June 15, 2019
Oswego is a small town. I enjoy networking on campus because the majority of those employed at SUNY Oswego are happy to share information about Oswego and the surrounding area.
enriched campus atmosphere that promotes creativity
CAMPUS RECREATION SPORTS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 22, 2019
Fun job where you get to interact with the students that come into the building.The supervisors there are great people to work with.Everything felt organized.
Productive and fun environment
BUILDING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 22, 2019
The work culture and employees were very friendly. I had no problem fitting in when I first arrived because everyone took the time to introduce themselves and their positions. During my time there I always felt as though I can call on anybody for help and that made my time there alot of fun.
Productive yet slow workplace with ample opportunities for teamwork
Desk Assistant to MASH Residential Complex (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 23, 2019
A typical day at work would be to receive and deliver mail behind the desk of a dorm building. Rent equipment in and out to students, working with RA's and other workplace staff to solve problems or create exciting activities. Workplace culture is mostly laid back as we don't have a high paced environment. The hardest part of the job is customer service as some students can be difficult, but keeping a cool and empathetic head helps diffuse any situation. The best part of the job is to meet students and co-workers, connecting with them to build a sense of community.
Work Study
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 14, 2019
It was an easy job for temporary work. This was something that I did in my spare time so this helped pay for the little things that I needed during college.
Very fun and informative interbship
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 9, 2019
Learned a lot while interning as a IT Analyst and learned how to better my skills and implement my skills in real world situations such as working Facilities Services and Campus Technology Services to maintain accessibility and connectivity on campus
Pros
A lot of love and learning
Cons
Very shot
Great program with a few flaws
STEM4Kids/Young Inventors Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 3, 2019
This a program that brings the local youth to campus and gives the methods of teaching students a chance to develop lessons, learn classroom management and get real-time feedback. It was very hands-on with little feedback from the supervisor at times. But overall fun and a great experience.
Great boss and opportunity to make content
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 9, 2019
My boss was excellent and I had a great deal of freedom to make the content I wanted. Deadlines were flexible. Due to the dual nature of being a student and an intern, it was sometimes hard to put out the volume of content I wanted to.
Collaborative Effort is a Must
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 9, 2019
This job required working with others to maintain a steady and consistent work flow for the various projects and jobs. Pace was pretty consistent and the management was fair.
Excellent work environment.
Compass Navigator (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYDecember 21, 2018
A typical day consisted of myself collaborating with other navigators in assisting our peers with resume, cover letter and job finding help. The hardest part was ensuring that I always gave my full abilities to the students as I was, at the time, taking 20 credits or a heavy school load. But the best part was that the individuals I was working with made the experience fun and enjoyable. My fellow navigators always helped in assisting me with any problems I may have had in aiding a student or even in creating powerpoint presentations and excel sheets to better improve the Compass as a whole.
Pros
Good resume, social media, and cover letter tips.
Cons
Very little opportunities to engage in other activities
great place to work
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYDecember 4, 2018
I had 28 wonderful years at SUNY Oswego. Opportunity to improve and achieve goals. Oswego has many opportunities to allow you to grow. Educational classes or seminars
Pros
educational
Cons
long drive in winter
Awesome place and people!
Game Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 17, 2018
I love the people I was around the the opportunity provided. I was able to move forward and build good relationships. Everyday of work was fun and something new.
Relaxed
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 8, 2018
Easy to do job, was great for a student. I worked with full-time employees to maintain the campus of SUNY Oswego, specifically the administrative buildings.
working at oswego
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 26, 2018
i was a RA for 2years. it was overall a great experience as i met many different people and made some good friends. dorm life in college always made for fun times, and crazy stories, being an RA made that happen even more
Great for Students
Health Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Going to SUNY Oswego, a job was also needed in order to have some sort of income. Walking into the Health Center, I was provided with the opportunity to work with the wonderful women in charge and it was great being a student and being able to have a side job.
Pros
Flexibility with getting to work
cool
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 1, 2018
These reviews really aren't necessary, these were all part time jobs in college that did the trick. I did my job and I got paid for it. That's all there is to it.
Too little work to go around
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 22, 2018
Worked at SUNY as a summer cleaner one year. They WAY over-hired and as such there was not enough work to be done at any one time. Not as fun as it sounds.
enjoyable environment
TEMP. SUMMER CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 1, 2018
it was really enjoyable and everyone is seemingly really nice. The supervisors do their jobs well and make sure everyone is staying on task as well as the building supervisors.
Pros
two breaks
Cons
long day overall
A good place to learn to be a leader
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 31, 2018
Working as an RA will give you a strong sense of leadership and give you the opportunity to learn how to manage people and develop your skills as a team player.
Pros
great learning and benefits
Cons
lose some college social experience opportunities due to duties
Lovely
Head Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 27, 2018
Excellent way to make extra money while living on campus and even while living off campus. Shifts worked well for me around weird class times and allowed for me to maintain employment and still passing grades.