SUNY System Administration

SUNY System Administration Employee Reviews

United States5 reviews
SUNY System Administration is a great place to work. It is located in downtown Albany, NY, among many restaurants and shops. The company holds an annual picnic and holiday party, and has great retirement and health benefits.
A political organization unfortunately. There is constant leadership turnover, so nothing ever gets done. The long term employees function like zombies - they have no hope, drive, or goals other than to survive another day. It is a tense, horrible place.
Pros
Cons
Parking is very expensive, there are never any raises, the work is meaningless, it is depressing.
They reward political connections over merit and they take advantage of good employees by dumping more work with zero appreciation, zero advancement, false promises, and zero extra pay. They have completely incompetent people working in and in charge of offices. If they run into a problem, they just move the person instead of firing them, which means more work for everyone else. Their hiring procedures are inconsistent and sometimes devoid of ethics (no point in reporting it since the people in charge of investigating that aren't necessarily ethical). This is especially true depending on who is in charge of the office you are interviewing with. They'd rather cover up for incompetence than deal with it, and they will have no problem using you to cover it up.
Pros
Benefits; mostly nice colleagues
Cons
Incompetent management
Was allowed to use my creativity to create blogs and come up with new ideas to benefit SUNY systems administration. My bosses trusted my work and let me come up with ideas freely.
As a student intern, SUNY always put my educational obligations first and provided meaningful work for me. Working for SUNY has made me love being a SUNY student so much more than I already did and has allowed me to play a role in changing higher education for future SUNY students.
Pros
Positive work environment, great location, state job, purposeful work
Cons
Lots of computer work
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUNY System Administration. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8