Super 8 Motels Employee Reviews

Management is great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MIJanuary 17, 2019
Rooms are decent manager is great just not enough hours and staff treated unfairly. Definitely don't pay enough to live and pay the bills. I would work there again for a part time summer job.
Pros
Discount on rooms nice pool
Cons
Not enough hours
I like working here except...for the owner
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Cañon City, COJanuary 17, 2019
The owner and his wife are something else. We let them know that we are in DESPRATE need of new sheets, blankets and towels and we get laughed at. We do not have the essentials to do our job correctly and to the standards they should be. Also the owners son has had complaints from guests as well as from staff, and they do nothing about it.
Hated It
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallulah, LAJanuary 13, 2019
The owners were horrible they didn’t care bout your personal business or family only there’s the only good thing was overtime every other week or payroll
Pros
Meet people
Cons
Always working
Super 8
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJanuary 9, 2019
As the asst. manager, I was required to do the work that the General Manager had never did. I did enjoy the extra duties, but was not going to be able to advance to general manager of this hotel. Telling the owner that I was not hired to babysit the general managers very polite and well behave son of 8 or 9. I was first hired to help set up this new hotel that had too many problems that I could not solve.
Pros
I was hired as an Asst. Hotel Manager
Cons
Too many problems, that were not being corrected by owners
Horrid
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJanuary 5, 2019
The management was bratty. Work conditions unethical. Never got paid for the work I did. Not only is the management toxic, the customer base is even worse.
Loved hospitality
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJanuary 3, 2019
Grant it Super 8 was by far the best place as far as upscale in the city. We were by far alrhough excellent customer service. Location was closest than any other motel to army base.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No benefits
Great
Maintenance/Customer Service/housekeeper/laundry (Former Employee) –  Corydon, INJanuary 3, 2019
Typical day at work started off repairing anything that needed done after guest checked out...then check in guest for the night...
I learned to do the audits.i learned to fix and repair things and I learned how to talk to all kinds of different people from different cultures
Pros
People
Cons
People
It was a job that paid
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 2, 2019
I wish I could say it went well. It didnt. Bad management. To much drama and hostility. Not enough people working. To much work put on people that are there. Also employees are not rewarded for being early and always on time. Employees are also not reprimanded for coming late everyday for a week. Constantly told what they have done wrong never what they have done right.
Pros
Money?
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, no pay raise
slow, bad manager
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 1, 2019
working there didnt seem hard, the pay was pretty low for the amount of things you had to do. management was pretty strict and was always looking over you.
At the time the job was great for my schedule. The staff was amazing.
Motel Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at Super8. The staff was friendly and the schedule was perfect at the time for me. I was pleased with the location and was always happy with my schedule.
Pros
Great location.
Cons
Sometimes tge rooms were destroyrd.
slow paced but fun workplace if your a people person
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whites Creek, TNDecember 27, 2018
I stayed by the front desk mostly and it was not ever that busy except during CMA FEST week. I learned a lot about customer service and how to pay it forward. The Management was great until we were told we were losing our jobs with only two weeks notice. The hardest part of the job was keeping all the guest happy.
Pros
free stays across the country, weekends off, flexible hours
Cons
no healthcare or benefits of any kind, bad communication with management
Night Adit
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 21, 2018
Great for a College student.
Check in guests
Prep the morning breakfast and coffee.
Do the daily reports for the facilities that the owners had.
It was quiet most nights
They were nice
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXDecember 20, 2018
They were very understanding,I loved working there! They always worked with my schedule and it was a very nice environment to work in. I loved folding laundry
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
Fun place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYDecember 15, 2018
It was nice as the management was good. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes it got really boring. It was really easy going and meeting new people was best part of the job.
exctiing
General Manager (Former Employee) –  calhoun gaDecember 12, 2018
Very nice place to work.I loved my guest and our Owners were very nice to work for.Would love to work there again if anything was aval.I loved my job there
Ehh
Assistant Manager/Front desk attendant (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WADecember 6, 2018
I liked my job due to MOST my coworkers but all in all organization and management/owner need work. Not to mention I've never been paid for OT or holiday pay.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no holiday pay, no healthcare, no paid vacation
Dishonest and misleading employment offers, Shady management.
Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Las vegas nvDecember 4, 2018
I would not recommend this company. When your hired they tell you that you'll receive a pay raise after training that you don't get, they treat people unfairly just because they are your employer. Unless your a slave or zombie this is not a good job.
It was hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIDecember 1, 2018
I didn’t like working there . We had to work upstairs and take everything up by hand which was back breaking . We got no lunch breaks and , we were always rushed and called off a lot because of no work
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Horrible place to work
Easy going, nice people
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKDecember 1, 2018
Working at Super 8 has been great. My managers are always nice, the area is always clean, and they do their best to work with my schedule. The only thing that I would change is my shift with it being overnight.
Pros
easygoing
Cons
night shift
very friendly
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 29, 2018
go in and get cart ready for the day make sure had enough lien on the cart for the beds. I learned how to make beds. The management was good very friendly and understanding. The hardest of the job was trying to make the beds the way they was supost to be made but got the hang of it. Every one was friendly and fun to work with.