Super 8 Motels Employee Reviews

Management is a little fickle.
Front Desk Auditor (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTAugust 18, 2019
Management is a bit fickle but otherwise a fairly easy job. Relaxed atmosphere with very friendly coworkers. Altogether good place to work for plus the owner isn't to bossy.
Super 8 by Wyndham in Westlake ohio 14797
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 16, 2019
The new owners aren't good they pocket money there staff earn and cut there hours and wages no overtime you receive undertone not minimum wage but less and demand you work extra and do not follow the FMLA laws or labor laws
Management needs a revamp
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 16, 2019
Management avoids calls. They need to hire dependable employees. The maintenance guy they had would steal from ppls room. It was never addressed, just breezed over
I liked the job. Just need a little more pay. It's was only $7.25 then. It keeps good business and always busy.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 15, 2019
I would like to work there again if the pay was better. Friendly people and the days are really flexible especially if you have a child/children. I can say that during some holidays/events the tips where excellent.
Good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKAugust 14, 2019
It was a ok job just to get me by on so I could get by day by day and I was there best wroker on the job and they wanted to have me back working for them
It was good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grayling, MIAugust 13, 2019
It was good but as the seasons changed it got slower so they had to let a few people go or at least me since I could only work weekends due to attending school at the time.
Management was awful .
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILAugust 13, 2019
The manger is never there, nor is she hardly ever . She expects everyone else to do her job duties .not professional.
The manager runs multiple properties, at super 8, everyone likes to be in charge! Apply at your own risk !
Housekeeping in Valdosta
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 13, 2019
If you "need" something to do, like drama, this is the place. The management team was horrible. Who talks about their employees in front of other coworkers? Front desk was always messing up the paperwork for housekeeping, especially the blonde girl with glasses. Always on her phone, doing nothing. Pitiful.
Working at Super 8 was ok. I worked the front desk, prepared breakfast, laundry attendant.
Front desk Attendant/Laundry assistant (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXAugust 12, 2019
I worked there a little over a year and worked a lot of over time. I enjoyed working there. I loved caring for the plants at the front desk. I did whatever was needed such as laundry, light housekeeping. Front desk, Receptionist, multi line switch board. Making accommodations for guests if needed, booked rooms for guests
stressful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 9, 2019
was never organized, never had enough coworkers, manager was absent and wasn't problem solving. they test you like trash overloading you with things to do.
Laid Back but Poor Management
Front Desk Receptionist (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 9, 2019
There was a lot of free time or down time during this job and was laid back most of the time but the manager was not understanding about emergency situations and did not like people to take any time off. He had a negative attitude toward homeless people and always assumed someone was lying about a problem with a room. Always expects the worst from people. Does not like to,help employees with questions about job.
Pros
Lots of Down Time
Cons
Poor Management
Great staff. Was like working wifriends.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYAugust 9, 2019
Was like working with good friends. Tho i got paid 1.00 less then i was told an hour. It was really enjoyable. You get to meet new people and you can have a life at thr same time.
Grate place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 8, 2019
Would love to go back I love being to work in a patrol area cleaning which I love doing too I thought about it looks like redecorated my home I really need a job I'm more than capable of completing the task this company last for me to do I hope I'm a good candidate for this position
An easy job with little stress but no benefits
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 8, 2019
I enjoyed working here but there were not enough hours offered and not enough days offered. I would recommend this job to college students of any retired looking for a little extra income.
Ownership makes all the difference in the culture of each motel
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 8, 2019
Ownership - created a positive work culture. They give every employee the opportunity to advance with in the company.
I was provided on going training that advanced my position to Assistant manager.
Great management. Great place to work.
Truly is the worst place to get a job.
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 8, 2019
Management and owners can't agree in anything, building isn't safe, staff does not get along, not enough work to survive. Housekeepers don't have the same rules from one to another and nothing is consistent.
It sucks
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILAugust 6, 2019
Nothing was up to date there was no pool and front desk was not paid enough to do all functions that was suppose to be done. The manager was horrible and act like he didn’t want to do his job
Typical day at work
Housekeeping Lead (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALAugust 6, 2019
Making sure everything is clean such as bathrooms, break rooms, offices, halls, taking out trash , keep tissue and soap in bathrooms ,make beds , do laundry and make sure everyone do their job right
Productive job and enjoyable with extra benefits from guest
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 6, 2019
Very high paced work envirorment with career advancement and family oriented coworkers.All my co workers lend a hand and we work as a team. I have met and maintained friendships that are very important in my life on the job as well as my social life.
Great job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 5, 2019
Great job with great people. Nothing better then talking to strangers getting to know there life story. Always something to do.one of my favorite jobs I have had.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons