Super Service, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Dispatchers
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 7, 2018
The dispatchers don't want you to call them ever. Also the night dispatchers don't help at all. Friday's and Saturdays off. Mainly drop and hook. Some customers can be hard to work with.
June 12, 2018

As a group, our Operations Team looks forward to working with and supporting our drivers. People don’t always do what you expect, and sometimes someone has a bad day. However, we need to be available to our drivers 24/7 and we look forward to being able to help.

Thank you for your feedback and our Fleet Manager would love to have the opportunity to hear more about your specific issue so we can train our team and improve in this important area.

Great place to start your driving job
Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 22, 2018
A GREAT place to work, Felt like Family. I have nothing bad to say about them!.The Driver lounge is big, Free lunch on Fridays at the safety meetings.
Pros
Easy hometime
Cons
Some equipment is old
May 24, 2018

Thank you taking the time to leave your feedback. Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you sharing your experience while working with Super Service.

team driver
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 9, 2018
great place to work. dedicated account so you left and returned to the same place. management was good and the work is fast paced 24 hours a day. multiply state pick up.
Pros
good pay and management
Cons
not enough home time, down time
May 11, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are glad to have you on the Super Service team!

Starter company for green horns
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 30, 2018
Pay check is never right always having to call and stay on top of payroll from week to week ALWAYS shorting me $150 or more a week. They make money of drivers back and give little to nothing in return. Pay performance Is another way I did nothing wrong jumping through all the hoops stay got dock a penny on mile their Reason glitch in the system if you want to make money I suggest you stay away from this company avoid it like the plague
May 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience with Super Service. Please let us know if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Super Service. Feel free to contact us directly at recruiting@superservicellc.com or 1-800-800-3920.

Not too bad of a place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 18, 2018
I have no complaints about this company been driving for 16 years one of the better companies I've worked for don't have to argue with your dispatchers everything's laid-back pretty good they send you your runs and you really don't have nothing to worry about until you're done never had a problem taking a day off if I needed it I have no complaints about my pay I'm paying my bills at home and that's the important thing the equipment we use isn't too shabby and no one forces you to go anywhere you don't want to like New York City I have really good benefits like I said I really don't have any complaints for now this is my home
Pros
Free lunch at the terminals
Cons
Really don't have any
April 23, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear how satisfied you are with your position at Super Service!

Best trucking company I've worked for
SE regional driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2018
They give you a long leash to run on as long as you do your job right which basically means run on time and don't hit anything. The management seemed to make an effort to show they cared for their drivers. The pay was ok but the biggest problem aside from spending most of your time in a truck was all the stuff you did without pay. Your time at shipper and receivers was on the house not to mention they were rude half the time to truckers. Mandatory truck inspections at the terminal was on your dime. Fueling was your time and even having your truck fixed was not always compensated although for longer repairs they did pay you. This is an industry problem the lack of pay and has little to do with Super service. The short haul runs around Atlanta in traffic did not pay enough also.
Pros
Driving a big rig on the open highway.
Cons
Pay was not adequate for the amount of work involved.
April 17, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback! The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you were not completely satisfied with your situation while at Super Service. Feel free to contact us directly at recruiting@superservicellc.com or 1-800-800-3920 if there is anything you'd like to discuss with us.

Family oriented
A bit of everything (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 7, 2018
The most family oriented place i’ve ever worked. Not a perfect company, but one doesn’t exist. Left once and came back after a few months. Lots of new changes coming - positive changes, along with driver pay increase for the 3rd time in a short period.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Pay
April 9, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We're happy to have you as a part of the Super Service team!

Great
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 26, 2018
It was my first driving job. Very good atmosphere and good operators. I would endorse working there for anybody. I wanted to stay but no terminals near mobile al. I would go back if given chance.
March 28, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We love to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere at Super Service and would recommend others to drive for us. If you ever find yourself close to one of our terminals, we'd love to have you back. Keep in touch!

To much favoritism
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMarch 17, 2018
Working with super service the lowest paying driving job ever had and home time a joke suppose to get in late Thursday or early Friday may be Sunday or Monday morning before u would then would want you to come back before you even do a whole 34 communication a joke get use the figuring basically everything out on your own
Pros
Safety meeting free lunch
Cons
Low pay no communication dispatcher try and talk to you any kind of way
March 20, 2018

driving a truck
driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 49548March 1, 2018
just your average trucking job you get free food on Fridays and get to use there van while at the terminal to go to Walmart while there working on your truck or you can sit and watch some TV
Pros
2 week vacation after 1 year
Cons
i think there health care is rather high
March 14, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority!

Boring long training days and low pay
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  London, KYFebruary 24, 2018
Don't go Here trust me they Lie and send employees off they put u in nasty truck that break down constantly they underpay u as well stay away please!!
Pros
They Train you like your back at a CDL school but worst if you fail the test they send you home !!!
Cons
They are very disrespectful, and strict watch for the instructions there mean, and always has a negative response.
Good culture of safety and work environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 27, 2018
For entry level drivers this company is one of the best. They spend time providing you with plenty of education and experience before releasing you to drive solo. Company has a great culture of safety and they never make you do anything you feel is unsafe. The company also has a very good safety record which helps drivers so they do not have issues with the DOT.

If you want to run they have the miles, they pay well and get you home. They have a great bonus plan which you get every week instead of having to wait for months.

The company wants to do the right things but often have difficulty executing the plan.
Pros
5 cent weekly bonus program
Cons
Equipment is 2014 -2016
A fast-paced trucking company with dedicated options
Over the Road - Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 23, 2018
I would consider working for this company again. There were options for working on dedicated routes. Not a lot of loads were no-touch freight. When I had hours to work, they kept me driving.
good place to start out on the rd
Truck Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJanuary 20, 2018
At first, SS was ok. I was a new driver so I didn't know much. After being there for 7 months I decided that 4-500 a week wasn't worth the 2500 miles i was driving in a week. Way to many empty miles I dint get paid for. DM's are worthless, half of them havent ever driven a truck before. So they havent a clue of how to run one from their desk.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You'll go broke
It's a driver last company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GADecember 28, 2017
This company makes money and pockets it. They do not put money back into the company. They have old trucks and equipment. Their shop people are very lazy and rig truck instead of fixing them. Barely sent you preplans and don't get you home on time.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
They don't care about a driver's happiness at all. A bunch of liars.
Home on weekends
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYDecember 15, 2017
Drove team with hubby, hauled automotive. Every time we were put on a run we liked, they would always give it to someone else so we got stuck with the junk runs. Most of the runs were almost impossible to run unless you skipped showers and ate a bunch of junk food from the truck stop. The job of hauling automotive is not bad. Unfortunately the schedule was quite tight for some of the runs and if one place held you up then they where constantly calling you or wanting you to call them every hour with an update. Now they have satellite tracking on the trucks so I would think they would know where I am but I guess that is to much work for them to look on the computer and see where I am. They don't take care of their drivers I guess some they do, the ones that complain all the time get what they want.
The equipment is decent although they went to automatics. Hate automatic trucks but everyone is going that way now. They did give us a new truck every year because we put so many miles on them.
Pros
Pay wasn't to bad, automotive home on the weekends usually 48 hours +
Cons
management is micro, automatic trucks, don't take up for their drivers
Good Company, Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 28, 2017
Overall I liked my day to day coworkers. My supervisor was in another state and lacked good communication skills. It made work life very difficult. The pay made it worth staying.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor management, no raises
Relaxed slow paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GASeptember 7, 2017
A typical day involved answering phones, putting new hire driver packets together, scheduling and confirming orientation dates for new drivers, placing office supply orders, and any other duties assigned by the driver manager.
great job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed this job, I just got to the point where I wanted to be home more so my miles got low on my trips so my pay drop. I'm looking for something that would get me home at night
Decent
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 13, 2017
I was very grateful for the opportunity to work at Super Service LLC. for them to take a chance on someone with no experience in that field. I learned quite a bit about payroll and other areas of the trucking industry. However when I interviewed for a new position at the company allowing me to take on more responsibilities they told me I would be making a certain amount and when I was hired on for that role they denied me the amount they told me that I would be making. Unfortunately that soured me on wanting to strive for the company because I knew I would not advance any further. Overall Super Service was a good place to work but after the management changed it became less like a family and more about competition between divisions even though we all had the same end goal.
Pros
Flexible management
Cons
no compensation, no opportunity for advancement