SUPERAMERICA Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 29, 2018
When I first started working at SuperAmerica my crew member was nice to me. I like working the second shift until my manager started to send me to other stores. I mean I like helping the other stores out but I was starting to lose hours at the main store and I also wanted my manager to give me more hours at the main store. But my manager started giving me less hours at theain store and sending me to other stores
Very Stressfull
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 12, 2018
It was a very stressful and fast paced job. I was salaried paid so there was no overtime. I worked anywhere between 60 to 80 hours a week with a salary based on 50 hrs and there was no compensation for working over the 50. The SuperAmericas in MN were bought out by a company that knew nothing about gas stations/convenient stores and was running them into the ground so they then sold them all out to Holiday Gas Stations.
Interacting with different personality I find to be refreshing as well as entertaining.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2018
Really enjoy working with the public while learning the skills needed to advance with in the company as well as problem solving skills that I feel would be helpful in day to day life. The
Pros
Flexible hours with the opportunity to grow within the company.
Cons
Rude and violent customers with the threat of robbery.
Working at Super America
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, WISeptember 30, 2018
Working at Super America was fun and boring at the same time. The culture there was upbeat and had a fun atmosphere, but at a time can get slow and boring. Since it was a slow location it pays well for where it is located. You also get vacation hours after working there for over a year and you got your vacation hours right up front after your first year. Super America has a great health insurance plan as while but also have to wait a year to be eligible for in enrolment. Overall great starter job coming out of high school or in college.
Pros
upbeat and fun atmosphere, pays while, and good health insurance
Cons
slow and boring at times, not eligible for health insurance and vacation hours for over 1 year.
Low compensation.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 30, 2018
Assisted customers and took the order. It was my first job, and I learned a lot. Learned how to handle the cash register, how to operate the gas pumps, and do inventory. My manger was very nice and friendly and helpful. I had stand on my feet all day, and that was the hardest part of my job everyday.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Low compensation.
Non stop business so your always busy. When you do have some down time you would replenish the shelves.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNAugust 27, 2018
I would recommend Super America to any young man trying to make some money as well as learn the ways of how the world works. Take it all in learn from this experience and apply it another job or to your everyday life. This job will teach you reliability, hard work, discipline, and most importantly it’ll teach you responsibility.
easy place to work
Customer Service Representative/Cashier, Part Time (Former Employee) –  846 johnson parkwayJanuary 3, 2019
easy place to work bust customers made it hard. daily work wasnt difficult was mostly making sure everything was prepared for the morning staff so they didnt have to spend their shift fixing stuff
Pros
worked around school
Cons
not enough hours when school ended
the day in a life at SA
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayAugust 24, 2018
my typical day at work would vary depending on what shift I worked. Typically I'd process the day to day stuff, balance money and safes, clean and stock, as well as handle customers. I've learned a lot of things, ranging from ordering stock to money handling to customer relations to schedule making. the environment is definitely high school like (at least where I work). there are clicks and favorites and lazy people. the hardest Id say would be a mix between higher management and thieves. I used to have an enjoyable part, but now that I try and think about it, I can't really think of something that I enjoy about working there anymore.
Pros
dress up charity event
Cons
short breaks, high school like atmosphere
A typical day at SuperAmerica
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNAugust 23, 2018
My days always started in the coffee area cleaning keeping up with products for when the customer came in to purchase something. I learned how to stock the coolers and it was quite pleasant never had to complain I was hot. Working for Super America you learn lots of things that need to get done daily . I made some great friends here and enjoyed the atmosphere. I became to know some great daily customers . The best part of the job is I didn't work weekends. The most enjoyable were the customers. Lots of laughs everyday with the co workers I worked with.
I'm employed by SA now
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 6, 2018
SA is ok but the hourly wage is less than other businesses in my area. Whole Foods, Cub Foods, Aldi and etc all offer more than $15 per hour. I dislike working overnight but if that's when I'm scheduled I'll continue for now
Pros
Easy work with few required learning items
Cons
Lousy wages
Gas Station Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 17, 2019
Regular customers that come in and get the same things everyday. Frustrated customers that are impatient. Some customers come in and steal and some customers are very friendly
Pros
Meet different people everyday
Cons
When it’s time to go home you never leave on time
SuperAmerica never had a problem I love that place I wish I can go back honestly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNAugust 23, 2018
SuperAmerica is very fun and great to work at flexible hours very good pay even 401k I would love to go back to SuperAmerica because I love the customers that comes in on a daily base SuperAmerica is a very laid-back workplace but it will keep you on your toes and that's what I love the most about SuperAmerica
growing and learning work place
shift lead (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 10, 2018
satisfying the customers when there is an issue and i can resolve it.
i learned nomatter what you go through your job and customers are very important.
management was kind of difficult due to the turn over rates it was.
the workplace enviroment was positive and energetic due to the customers.
hardest part about the job was putting in effort by yourself with no team work.
the most enjoyable part was keeping my customers satisfied and providing quick and fast service.
Decent pay, unpleasant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNOctober 1, 2018
The work is dull, the environment is messy and uninspiring, the management and team is not the best at listening and cooperating, only 5 minutes of break time is allowed per 2 hours of work. No opportunity to sit down except on break. Some shifts do not allow water within easy reach of employees. Some days it is too busy and becomes stressful because not all the work can be completed on time. Other days it is unbearably slow and employees run out of things to do and must stand at the register doing nothing. The only saving grace is that the pay is above minimum wage, the hours are flexible for part time employees, and some of the coworkers are friendly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, overall boring work, disorganized and sometimes dirty workplace, some unpleasant coworkers and customers, boss does not listen very well to employees suggestions or concerns
Never a dull day at SA
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNNovember 2, 2018
A typical day at work consists of ringing up 2-300 customers while juggling the tasks of maintaining the store. If you're management, add a bunch of paperwork and inventory checks to that, as well as having to solve 10 different problems at a time.

I learned that I really enjoy the side of retail that deals with inventory. I love to count, stock, order, etc. This job has also sharpened my communication and problem solving skills.

The workplace culture is pretty laid back. Just keep the store looking good, and take care of the customers, and management will love you. I've had some good and bad bosses, it's a pretty mixed bag here.

The hardest part of the job in my opinion is having to deal with people constantly. But at the same time, the most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the regular customers. There are some pretty cool people who come in and brighten the day right up.
Pros
Excellent healthcare benefits, paid vacation, 401k.
Cons
Low pay!
Realistic expectations,fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 19, 2018
Superamerica is an fast paced but fun workplace.being an peoples person also helps in this line of work.the location I worked at,had nice customers the management was nice.my work ethic is/was efficient.
Pros
Lots of benefits, weekly pay
Cons
N/a
Great work to get by
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 17, 2018
Helping a couple hundred customers with their purchases
Cleaning up icee and coffee spills
I learned a lot about cash handling, stocking, time management, how important your break is.
The culture is wanting. A lot of young people work at SA. It's a great place for young people. They just need to be led better.
The hardest part of the job is standing up for 8 hours. It just hurts after a while.
The best part of the job are the people you meet.
Pros
paid breaks, half hour per 8 hour shift. paid weekly
Cons
poor upper management
Working up front watching pumps.
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNOctober 28, 2018
I did my best to mske sure things were in order and clean. I organized food product by dates. Made sure people payed for the gas. Organized shevles and products.
Pros
Got free pop.
Cons
Management was very strict about making sure we checked IDs.
fun environment, fast paced, friendly employees
Shift Lead Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNSeptember 15, 2018
Really enjoyed working here, the manager at the time was the best ever! Sometimes there was to much gossip between employees, other.than that it was a pleasant work environment.
Pros
employees, weekly pay, flexible
Cons
n.a. at the moment
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55417December 15, 2018
I've experienced a customer at night come into the sore when I was in the freezer room who trashed the store and try to steal cigarettes and he was under the age of 18.
Pros
Meals
Cons
Dealing with rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUPERAMERICA. Our community is ready to answer.