Supercuts Employee Reviews

Productive but not a fun place to work
Shift Manager/ Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 15, 2018
Supercuts is very awesome to start out in but the lack of management is awful. I wouldn't recommend you'd stay more then a year or 2. They do lots of walk in haircuts. And sometimes color, but they don't do color corrections.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
Lack of Money
horrible placed to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 13, 2018
The ownership is completely wack and they do not pay enough for how hard you are working. we were constantly busy with hardly any staff and the owners didnt care about the stylist all they care about is making money for them
Varies from salon to salon
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Carson CityAugust 10, 2018
The consistency is not there. The corporation does not seem to care about the struggles an individual salon is having. The regional managers are spread quite thin. I love the clients and the education. It would be nice if corporate would let stylist pick the hours they want to work consistently so they can build a clientele.
Pros
fun salon to work in
Cons
pay
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 10, 2018
Nice team work ,Nice management .Nice product and advertising support .Owners changes but work following with nice team in remodeled hair salon I was working with this company 7years.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJAugust 1, 2018
The work was just basic haircuts not enough to untilize my skills as a cosmetologist. It would have been a better experience if I got to do more than just basic clipper cuts
company
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 1, 2018
Overall this job is a good learning experience coming out of Hair School. It give you opporunities in all areas in the field of becoming a Master Stylist.
Pros
class
Cons
hours
Management was unfair and had her favorites. No place for advancement.
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 31, 2018
There was a lot of favoritism and management would be so rude and talk about customers. Ghetto place to work. There was always drama with employees. There is no place for advancement. If you didn't make any sales on products you would get a write up.
Cons
Unfair management and no place for advancement
Productive fun place to work at
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2018
Super cuts was the best salon I have ever worked at. They teach you updated trends also new ways on learning how to cut hair. They also give you opportunities to attend classes to broaden your horizon.
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
Mens haircuts
Fast paced chain salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2018
Supercuts is a fantastic place to work when you are just starting out in the industry. They train you on all the latest haircut and color techniques that you will need to know when you graduate beauty school. Because it is a chain salon Supercuts tends to get very busy and you are required to work fast which make the day go by faster but you do take more clients.
Pros
fast paced, lots of clients, continued education
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits
Super Cuts
Retail Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 30, 2018
Supercuts is an amazing place to work and receive services. Like an other work place with different culture and background there will be disagreements. This particular place handle theirs fantastically.
great place to work and meet new people
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 29, 2018
i really liked working at supercuts and made great friends as well. i wasn't planning on writing a review of the place after leaving but i enjoyed my time there and would like to look for something else similar.
fast pace
Part-time Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJuly 27, 2018
Sign in and enter customers information into computer system. Perform anything from a shampoo to a hair color service to a haircut within a certain amount of time required for that said service.
Stressful and horrible work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cohasset, MAJuly 27, 2018
Supercuts may be good if you’re a hair dresser but if you’re not liscenced to cut hair I’d forget about that job as a whole . It wasn’t the ideal place for me personally
Pros
Break
Cons
Manager
very fast paced
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Maineville, OHJuly 27, 2018
Supercuts was my first job after receiving my cosmetology license. It was very fast you had to know what you were doing as soon as yiu started. Me being a new stylist, I just wish they would have helped me hands on and made me feel more comfortable.
Good temporary job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 26, 2018
I don't have my license yet, so i was just reception... it seemed like they didn't really need the reception help and i was sharing hours with the bosses young son, so i wasn't really getting paid enough to survive. I ended up leaving the position to find something more secure.
Pros
discount, people were great
Cons
slow, no hours
Corporate salon with opportunities for growth.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 26, 2018
I will preface this review with my personal understanding that the salon manager I worked under was the main reason for my unsatisfactory experience. Overall however, Supercuts was a great company to work for, they offered continuous education which I feel is crucial for stylist success, and the culture the company upholds is beneficial for employees and clientele. It’s a wonderful place to build skills and enjoy an array of what is offered in salons without high end price points.
Good morals. I enjoyed who i worked with
stylist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 25, 2018
The pay is what makes everyone leave. No matter how long your with the company there are NO advancements in pay EVER. We're licensed individuals who make min wage plus tips. It's the only company that has the lowest morals in pay
Pros
Great atmostphere
Cons
Cant live off the wages and im licensed i should be making more
Productive and was a fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOJuly 25, 2018
It has been awhile since working there. I had a small child and had to work weekends and holidays with no benefits. If I had these things, I probably would have stayed a bit longer. Needed the benefits.
Pros
Fkexiable schedule
Cons
Had to work weekends and holidays
not a great place anymore
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2018
when i first joined the company i was a great place to work. they taught you a lot of things. what i learned was how to do a great hair cut, they taught you management skills.
Fast stressful
Sfylist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 24, 2018
They pay was good then sold and restructured then much reduced . Manager was good and clients great . Not as creative as it could have liked but always learning.
Pros
Never boring stimulating clients were great
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight