Supercuts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,028 reviews matching the search See all 1,091 reviews
Supercuts Culture is amazing
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2018
At the beginning of the shift we went over our goals needed to be met. Adequate time gives a good product. The hardest part of the job is not taking time off the stylist floor.
great manager
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of making/canceling appointments, sweeping, sanitizing equipment, doing laundry, and restocking. I learned to stay mutual during times of conflict between co workers. The management was fantastic at the location i was working at. The culture was full of unnecessary drama and conflict. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant drama. The most enjoyable part of the job was my amazing manager who had to relocate.
Pros
free haircuts
Cons
too much drama
A good place for a first job and to be exposed to different management styles. Also adds customer service experience and knowledge.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 17, 2018
A normal work day started by preparing warm towels for the customers, setting up the cleaning solutions for the brushes and combs, and making sure the opening till was in the cash register. As customers are being serviced, I would make sure each hair stylists station was clean and stocked with the supplies they needed, and keep the rest of the shop clean and sanitary. Inventory of products was also a responsibility of the receptionist.
The workplace relations between coworkers would often become stressful due to the small and confined nature of the store. Conflicting management styles were also present. Manager A would often have me start one task, and pressure me to do multiple others before the first task is complete, while Manager B would present a list of responsibilities for the day, and would allow me to complete them at a reasonable pace.
The most difficult part of working at Supercuts, however, was balancing the customer needs with the duties associated with my position. But when that balance is achieved, it became the most satisfying part also. When the customers are happy and I have completed my tasks for the day in an efficient manner, I found it to be very rewarding.
Working at Supercuts taught me valuable customer service skills, such as how to act and react when an unsatisfied customer comes to me for assistance. Learning how different people manage the same set of people and tasks is also an experience I can carry over into other workplace environments.
Pros
Customer Service experience, good first job for someone still in High School
Cons
Conflicting management styles
Bad coworkers, owner didn’t care,
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 15, 2018
The management didn’t care and gave free services away and the owner didn’t care that was happening. They were loosing money because of it. Never was able to get time off.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Coworkers, owner
Was a bland job not fun just cut and go home
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2018
The people I worked around used to talk about how fun the company used to be how they wouls go to driller games and would pass things out and how they would take trips and do things together all the time. But that the company didnt do that anymore. Staff wasnt always friendly.
Pros
Cash in hand every day
Cons
Was a boring job
NIce place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 13, 2018
Nice place to work. Made many friends. Comfortable atmosphere. Learning to communicate with various clients and co-worker was a welcomed challenge. Great learning experience. Shop was well kept.
Pros
Made nice friends.
Cons
Parking shortage.
Great for developing fresh technical skills
Stylist, Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
The brand has immense potential and expectations from the guest. You don't necessarily have to be at a busy location to succeed. With the training provided and determination you can really build a strong clientele, perform color/cut/styling/waxing services to climb on the payscale.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay compared to competetors
Working for Supercuts
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 11, 2018
Supercuts is a company to jumpstart your career. They have been known to just provide haircuts for such a long time. Up until a few years back, Supercuts began to offer more services, such as: hair color, deep conditioning treatments, etc.

There is always something new to be learned in the hair industry. Supercuts is known for ongoing education and training - which is awesome for new stylist who've recently graduated cosmetology school.

Working for Supercuts was like a rollercoaster, at times. I have worked for the company for a few years and did enjoy most aspects of it. Ive learned from a few great managers, but I have also learned from a few not-so-great managers. Either way, I learned. I have gained more understanding on better ways to lead a team, and have also learned how to do better for a team and as a leader.

The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, would probably be being patient with stylist turnover. In our chain, we had quite a few stylists who came for a few months then retired to a different occupation or salon. In the clients' perspective, it was difficult for them to continually trust a different stylist every couple month. That made retention difficult at times.

Again, there were quite of few matters that I disagreed with; however, a few teammates and clients made it totally worth it.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
short breaks, slow retention
Corporate living. Enough said.
Hair Stylist/ Shift Mananger (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Minimum wage. Mainly depended on my tips(that weren’t always secure) to actually tolerate the job. Corporate setting is by the book, no room for creativity, uniform based. It’s a good starting job after school. But with little advancements.
Close family environment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAJuly 9, 2018
Wonderful place to work specially because I get to work for my best friend and her family but in the end needs to be busier and more consistent. Very friendly with amazing stylists
Pros
work with best friend
Cons
work with best friend
productive and busy
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at Supercuts is busy and fast-paced. I love that they provide both a cutting and color class. It's a great place to start right out of school because you can get the repetition and experience stylists need to build on.
Pros
busy salon
Cons
pay
Great place to Work and Learn
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 7, 2018
Great place to work and learn and sharpen your skills as a stylist. This experience gave me an opportunity to enhance my skillset in cutting, assessing customers needs and analyzing their needs.
Can be stressfull
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 4, 2018
Depending on the location either you did a lot of men haircuts or you did a lot of color its busy and sometimes by the end of the day your ready to rip your hair out. They have great training courses in product knowledge, color, and haircuts. Management has a tendency to push really hard on your production and sales of products which is probably any place but being such a large company usually if someone did something you all get in trouble, if you get sick it's all your fault. The most enjoyable is the tips. =)
Pros
Product classes
Cons
Half hour lunches and clock out when slow.
Productive, money making, hard work
Stylist/Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Solana Beach, CAJuly 3, 2018
Working at Supercuts gave me a lot of opportunity to grow not only in my skills as a stylist but also in advancing in management and learning how to order product and deal with administrative work.
franchisee didnt know anything about the business
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJuly 3, 2018
Very little business , management and owner didn't want to build the salon,the corporate office didn't care about the brand to step in. Offered no incentives,team building, customer building
Pros
short business hours
Cons
poor management and company
Been with the company 20 years and make less now than I made 10 years ago
Shift manager hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 3, 2018
Been with the company 20 years and make less now than I made 10 years ago. There is no money to be made in this company if it wasn’t for our customers giving us tips we would get nowhere there’s no medical benefits there is no retirement and we are overworked and way underpaid
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Low!!! Pay no benefits
Enjoying doing hair!
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
Work days are uncontrollable (could be slow, or busy), always education to be learned and taught, management depends who you have above you, culture is good as long as all employees are helping to achieve the monthly goal, being slow and not keeping you production up, helping customer receive there looking happens
its a hair salon, customer face to face interactions and cleanliness are your main tasks
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 1, 2018
if you have time to lean you have time to clean. stay busy working and you wont be sent home early. there is a lot of down time and you do have to juggle appointments and stylist bookings around colors and hair treatments.
Pros
discounted hair products
Cons
not enough pay or hours
Fun working atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 28, 2018
All the stylist and clients are all super friends and make my time being there worth it. Very clean and organized. Supercuts understand that real life situation happen and will allow you to take the time you need to take care of it.
Pros
Free hair services. Discounts on product
Cons
Can be slow at times.
Great place to start
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 28, 2018
If you want guaranteed customers then Supercuts is the place for you! They don’t give raises. They are on a matrix system meaning the more haircuts and products you sell the more you make. So every paycheck is different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight