Supercuts Employee Reviews

Fun and competitive environment
Salon manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 23, 2018
I love working for this company and would recommend any stylist to give it a try. I've been with the company 15 years total and it is by far the best salon I've worked for.
Fun, experimental, knowledgeable
Receptionist, Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2018
SuperCuts for me gave me my big break. It was my first job ever and it helped speed up my computer skills where it lacked and they really do care about the customers and are very interactive and hands on. I loved working there, but I needed more hours. Highly recommend as a starter job.
Pros
Discounts
Fine Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 21, 2018
Supercuts as a whole is an ok place to work. But I worked at the location on Plainfield in Grand Rapids which is independently owned and I loved working there.
A good place to work to perfect your craft.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 21, 2018
A great place to grow as a stylist. continued training is offered to advance your skills. working quickly and efficiently is key to being successful .The pay is not the best but you do also receive tips.
the turn over rate can make it difficult to have shifts covered. because of the low base pay a lot of stylist decided to go elsewhere for work.
Consisent
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 20, 2018
A typical day at work is full of happy greetings with each client. Seeing the regulars that know you by name and get consistent service each time them come to see you. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with the clientele and also with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job would be explaining to others how much skill and dedication has to go into each client.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAMay 20, 2018
Not really the place for me. The management was horrible. Not considerate over family emergency’s. Coworkers were rude and didn’t seem to get a long with each other
Decent place to work
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 18, 2018
Very demanding field to be in. Corporation demanded not so accommodating shifts. Continued education was great but forced you to rearrange your availability to conform to the corporations needs.
good place to work
Manager/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMay 16, 2018
decent place to work, as long as you have the right management. great ongoing training. no benefits were offered at the salon i worked at. it was a franchised salon
Pros
good co workers
Cons
hours
Fast paced, not compensated for work put in.
Licensed Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTMay 16, 2018
10-20 haircuts a day, and they had phenomenal training. My store manager was wonderful, but unfortunately the company hires under-qualified district leaders. Was not compensated for amount of work put in, they are all about speed.
Good place to work, but employees need benefits and paid time off.
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Jaspe alMay 16, 2018
Good place to work, but employees need benefits. I enjoy the atmosphere at Supercuts. All of the extra training we receive is very beneficial and helps with the job.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No benefits
Fast paced ,fun,creative
Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 15, 2018
Great place for any stylist of any experience fast-paced environment very structured and easy policies to implement fun place to express your creativity
Pros
Company provides any supplies you need to help you concentrate solely on serving your guest
Cons
Short lunches and sometimes pressure to finish things under unrealistic time
A Great company for growth
Stylist/ Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 15, 2018
I started fresh out of beauty school and have learned so much. I started college while employed here and they were really flexible with my scheduling.
Not ideal at all
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAMay 11, 2018
Yes as a stylist you will grow but as a receptionist you aren't appreciated enough. You are dealing with angry costumers all day because they don't understand how our "appointments" work. My own personal manager was OK but above her was AWFUL. They don't care about their workers all they care about is getting money in their pockets
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Job that gets the job done
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 11, 2018
Was neither blown away or severely dissatisfied with my work here. Would recommend to any stylist starting out in their career looking to build their skillset and earn great pay with potential benefits. In the end, wound up leaving due to my hours being cut in half and management switching hands to someone who was extremely incapable.
Pros
Great boss, full benefits, decent hours
Cons
Clientele is not ideal
Good learning experience, but not a lifelong job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAMay 9, 2018
Pay is hourly but low. Your tips make up for it as long as it’s a busy day. The hours can be very stressful, and they usually expect you to work all weekend (Saturday and Sunday) every weekend. You don’t get breaks and they still take the money out of your paycheck. Management is unprofessional and lazy. Health care is very expensive. Our franchise owner never took much care of our salon. However, the training they provide is great. This is definitely a good job for a stylist fresh out of school.
Pros
training, tips
Cons
healthcare, working all weekend, no breaks, etc.
toxic work environment from manager
stylist (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 6, 2018
Do not work here! I worked at Supercuts on Lakeway for years and kept thinking it would get better with time. Boy was I wrong! You are promised compensation that is never awarded, and just end up burnt out. You are overworked by FAR and underpaid. The manager is a dictator that thinks the rules dont apply to her, Save yourself the trouble and stress and don't even apply!
Pros
Cons
all
It was the best first job in my opinion
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAMay 3, 2018
The lady's there are so nice. It's a great work environment for the most part. The only thing that really bothered me was the customers but every job has a con. This one did not have many. Pay and work responsibilities were fair. Tips from stylists are earned. Honestly a great place to work if you're looking for 25-35 hour work week
Pros
tips
Cons
customers
No respect
Product Manager/ Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2018
I was one of there top employees and then they started moving me around without my consent and when I brought it up to them that the new commute was too much for me they suggested that I get a better vehicle
They inundated me with constant meetings and I had very little time for my family. They wanted me to make them $45 an hour but only paid me $12. The customers complain constantly especially about the fact that they charge $4 for a shampoo
I lost all respect for the upper management after that. I thought they appreciated all the hard work I put in for 2 years and they saw me as completely replaceable.
Pros
Hourly wage lots of customers
Good compay for new stylist
stylist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaApril 26, 2018
Super cuts is a great company to work for. However it's unfortunate there are some unprofessional and immature upper management. Not appreciative of stylist who are high performers, with great reviews/ talent and passion for the industry.
Pros
lots of walk ins, easy to build clientele
Cons
work life balance not there due to short staff... loosing quality stylist due to upper management.
Productive and fun
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 26, 2018
It’s fun and productive
Love the trainers learned a lot
Very nice Urban area
Had the manager ever
Team work efforts was a blast
Would like to open up my own franchise one day
Pros
Consumers are awesome
Cons
Do research on the franchise before applying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight