Supercuts Employee Reviews

Found 1,149 reviews matching the search See all 1,218 reviews
Supercuts has a great Culture and Staff retention
SENIOR DISTRIC MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2018
Monday : 8:30 am conference calls, schedules Product order Hiring staff ,Payroll P/L KPI reports, promotions, goals for the staff and salons ,training .
I learned time management is the greatest tool and learned to delegate to move the process faster and you can build a good rapport with everyone keeping good communication and updating the daily tasks.
We have weekend contest winning prizes to keep high positive motivation going for the staff and customers !
The hardest part of the job is when we have thing s happen beyond our control for example weather ,fires, flooding .
I really like to see people advance in the company love training and passing my experience and developed them to reach their full potential.
Cons
Healthcare to expensive for family
Hated
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CADecember 7, 2018
Great for new stylist and learning the basics of hair cutting
Get out before 6 months
Draining doing haircut after haircut
You’re a factory worker
Only care about hitting their numbers so boss gets paid more money
Work you to the groun
You’re a robot
Fun place to work
Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEDecember 6, 2018
I had lots of fun working with different people each and everyday! The girls that I worked with were friendly and amazing! Sad that I had to leave due to moving out of state but was a great job!
Supercuts
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
Work was good, but management and employees weren’t all that great. Too many “misunderstandings “ . One has to like the workplace they are attending every day and the environment it provides, but it wasn’t what I expected it would have been .
Great place to gain experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2018
This is a great place to start out as a stylist and gain experience. My skills have significantly grew from working here. I got paid 8 an hour, but the tips made up for it. I would compare this to a regular job. The pay is set up very similar to a serving job. I decided to leave because my schedule was very difficult for me to handle. it was different shifts and days every week, and when we were short staffed, we were involuntarily put to work everyday. There just wasn't enough benefiting me to stay.
Pros
technique, community, breaks
Cons
scheduling, staffing, organization, benefits
My Experience at Supercuts
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  East Amherst, NYDecember 3, 2018
I started working at Supercuts in 2016, I have been with the company for a little over two years now and I have honestly been met with nothing but disappointment. When I was hired I was falsely told that I would be making a lot of money in tips at my first location. I walked out one day with $8.00 in hand after working an 8 hour shift. I got literally one person an hour, I would bring in my school work to pass time. While I was there I spent a lot of time working by myself too. Girls from another Supercuts location walking distance away would come work when I would not. The location eventually closed because there was not enough business coming in the door.

My next location I was thrown into the middle of a disaster. The manager was already on her way of not being a manager. She left the company. Now I am working in a salon with no manager, two shift leaders, and two other stylists one which including myself is part time employed. Soon the one shift leader leaves for a better opportunity. One of the stylists then took her place as shift leader. all this time we still have no real manager. Come late December our district leader hired a new manager and a new shift lead. That now brings to me working with one manager and three shift leads. Myself and one other are still part time. While this manager was here I have never been more disgusted in my life. Coffee cups were left in the office with coffee still in them for days, spoiled food left in the fridge, the audits would not be done, our 360s are still not being done because long story short she's gone and we still have no
  more... manager.

meanwhile a lot of useless drama is happening between all of the girls

Come present time we have a new manager, lets hope things get better.
Pros
I got my homework done because of so much down time
Cons
poor commuhnication, poor management
Very stressful for very low pay
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CADecember 3, 2018
At the Supercuts I worked at, it was overall horrible. They work you to the bone with very little pay. They make you drive to other locations when help is needed but won’t compensate for gas, travel fees. They supposedly “love to hear our ideas”, but most of the ideas anyone would come up with would be shut down. And they make you sell products to clients that most of the time don’t need them. If you don’t sell enough in month, they scare you with losing your job. Manager at the location I worked at was very catty and loved to stir the pot, making the workplace very uncomfortable half the time. Maybe not all supercuts we’re bad, but the location I worked at is definitely not one I would work at again.
Pros
Easy to take certain days off
Cons
Low pay, short lunch times, long hours
Busy hair salon who accepted walk in customers while building a clientele
Salon Manager and Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIDecember 3, 2018
I managed theThis company paid a hourly wage plus commission based on a production. Didn’t offer any benefits. One week o aid vacation after two years of employment.
I managed the Supercuts in Hudson WI for 3 1/2 years. It was a smaller staff but a very talented group of stylists.
Pros
Educational classes provided, busy salon to build a clientele
Cons
No health insurance or any benefits, no monthly or yearly bonuses, short staffed
A good place to go broke
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 1, 2018
Management lies about how many hours you will get...likely 20-25 per week! They constantly ask you to go ‘help’ other locations. You will make about $200/ week.
Pros
Hourly
Cons
Not enough hours to make a living, dirty salon, poor management
fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 28, 2018
I worked here in highschool and was very pleased with the hours I was given, due to school and social life, and still made a decent amount. I learned how to communicate with people and sell products
Greag if you plan on staying a stylist. Dont become manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJNovember 28, 2018
Upper management as far as district and regionals dont help the managers too much. But the managers are super dedicated to their teams. If you're planning on only being a stylist nothing more than this job is perfect.
Micromanagement, low pay
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 27, 2018
This place will burn you out. The salon I worked for was owned by non cosmetologist who micromanage everyone and everything. The manager of my location was inexperienced, immature, and hired her friends. I’ve been doing hair for 14 years and have never seen a poorly run salon.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, inexperienced management, low pay, no healthcare benefits
Stylist/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 26, 2018
Supercuts is a good place to work. The compensation could be better, though. I learned a lot of new techniques because of the training provided upon hire.
Busy salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 25, 2018
Unprofessional management, and salon was not clean. I enjoy being a hairstylist and love what I do but I also want to work with stylist that take pride in their self and their appearance.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Unprofessional management
great company
Hairdresser (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2018
Had a wonderful time in Baltimore and working with the staff the first time. I went back and was little disappointed by the staff. I also understood their position, at that time.
Learning environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HI 96732November 17, 2018
Great co-workers and trainers, some employees could use some improvement in customer service. Over all its a good place to work, great benefits and plenty of work hours.
Expect you to be a working robot
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Hollister, CANovember 15, 2018
They don't care about you as an individual. All they care for is numbers. You slave away for insufficient money. Hard to request time off even if asked months in advance. Short quick lunch considering you're on your feet all day. Unfair treatment. Noticeable favouritism. Petty drama. Difficult to achieve bonuses. No pay raise. No advancements opportunities, not even a paid Christmas dinner considering how much money we slave for the company. Good place to start fresh out of school but miserable place to be stuck at.
Pros
Good place to start and build clientele. Flexible hours.
Cons
Refer to summary...
great place to work
Stylist/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 14, 2018
Great place to start at to gain experience. Training sessions on new techniques are taught periodically. Lots of opportunity for bonuses depending on the services given.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
pay, schedule
Good place to learn and grow as stylist
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2018
I had an amazing experience with supercuts work with them for 3 year between franchise and Corp and I learned alot from the advanced classes and the yearly re certification hair cut coarse. I really did enjoy working for this company had flexable schedule and I enjoyed working with most the people with in the couple stores I worked for the only down side is the metric system was impossible to reach therefore most stylists ones that had been there for 10+ years were no longer making more than minimum wage because the metric had been raised so much. If they would raise there starting pay they may be able to keep more long term employees
Pros
On going education
Cons
Pay minimum wage
Pay too low
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  La Marque, TXNovember 13, 2018
it was very slow. No opportunity of advancement in the workplace. the rate was minimum wage hourly pay plus whatever tips you got which wasn't much if the shop isnt busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight