Supercuts Employee Reviews

Found 1,230 reviews matching the search See all 1,304 reviews
They treat you horribly
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 22, 2019
If you kiss butt you're good. If you dont mind low pay, snooty upper management, and having your hours cut if you have to miss work for Illness or injury (after providing the dr notes they request) then you'll like it. But If you're a seasoned stylist, have kids, or live alone, you need to stay away from this company.
Pros
Guarenteed paycheck
Cons
Low pay and everything else.
A lot of drama
Shift Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Boonton, NJMarch 19, 2019
Over worked for 8.50/hr with no breaks. Manager always picked favorites. The employees that have been there harass the new employees to the point where they quit. If you want to lose your confidence and self respect work here. If I can give Supercuts 0 stars I would. I worked for this company for 5 yrs it was a waste of my valuable time.
Pros
Clients were friendly
Cons
Long shifts with no breaks and you could rarely get a weekend off
hair cut
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 14, 2019
I was working 6 - 7 hours at day 5 days of the week it was full time but i like to work just part time thats the only thing i didnt like from supercut. But i like the training the gave me helps me a lot to understand more of hair cut.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive and friendly salon
Beauty enterprises (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 12, 2019
I’ve been working here for a year already and I love the environment my bosses are very friendly and welcoming they’ve helped me grow in my career extremely.
it's supercuts
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 12, 2019
there is nothing good or bad about supercuts, it's supercuts. high volume, not a lot of change. most have all black dress codes. not a lot of exciting styling opportunities.
Productive fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 5, 2019
It is room for grow and you get the experience of meeting a lot of different people. Working at Supercuts is a wonderful place to develop your skill set as a valuable stylist because of perfecting your cuts to precision.
Pros
Prefect your skills
Cons
Not enough money to live off of
Management, co workers and clients were great
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 2, 2019
They are not supportive for a stylist new to the industry like they claim to be. Store was extremely slow. Was short staffed when first opened and probably lost valuable customers during that time.
If you want to be treated terribly by your boss, working here is perfect!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 28, 2019
I was a receptionist at my local store starting October 2018. The first few weeks were perfectly fine! The stylists were overall friendly, the other receptionist (only one at the time I started working there) was also very friendly and taught me everything I needed to learn.

Something I was not made aware of when working there is that the "boss" of the Supercuts in our district would watch employees over the cameras everyday and it was a majority of the day as well. If I was not standing up straight, my boss would call me and tell me to fix my posture. If I stood around for more than 5 minutes, my boss would call me and tell me that I "look lazy to the stylists" despite me finishing and cleaning almost everything by the first half of my already short shift. You are expected to do EVERYTHING for the hair stylists because they are "key assets" to the company and receptionists are below the stylists.

The boss was extremely emotionally manipulative and abusive towards me and would pick on me for absolutely no reason. I had only called-in sick a couple times due to having strep throat and the flu. I had offered to come in even when I was sick because I wanted to help out. I went in, despite not even being able to speak, and my boss had the audacity to tell me to "speak up" when speaking to customers and to "fake it 'til you make it".

The worst thing I believe my boss had done to me, which was completely strange and made me extremely self-conscious. I had been faxing a paper to my boss, and my boss had told me "thank you" for faxing the paper. In response I had said "yes,
  more... of course!". Immediately after hanging up my boss called me back and lectured me how it was unprofessional and that "the new generation's vernacular was improper". She had also told me that it was better for people her age to hear a younger person say "my pleasure" or "you're welcome". I had been trained in customer service for years prior to this job, and not once had I been lectured or reprimanded for using "of course" instead of "you're welcome".

The night I was fired, I had severe family issues going on and I was late (for the first time) a couple days prior and I had to call in sick for an emergency. I had texted my boss for my schedule for the rest of the week and I was extremely apologetic for everything that was going on between my family and I. She had called me at around 9:00 PM and explained to me, in detail, how she knew I was not a good person and that she thinks the job was too difficult for someone like me. "I have hired over 100 people and I think I know when someone is a good fit, you are just not a good fit for us I think". There was no actual true reason for my firing, it was not because I had done something wrong during my job, but merely because I didn't fit in and I had a "poor track record" despite calling in sick a couple times, then being late for the first time a couple days before I was fired.

I have had multiple bosses prior to this place, and I had not been treated with nothing but respect and I received well-needed criticism. This was nothing like that, and I wish I could warn everyone before applying to this job.

This job, as a receptionist, is degrading, embarrassing, and a joke. This is less than an entry-level job, you are expected to go above and beyond the actual job expectations. Every moment I worked there, I had fear instilled into me because of the constant harassment and bullying from my boss. Keep in mind that I had fixed computers for my boss and did other little things, but that was truly never enough for them.

If you value your sanity and your self-confidence, do yourself a favor and pass this job.
Pros
Breaks, discounted items in stores, free haircuts
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced environment
Manager I/Franchise Trainer (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Fast paced environment. Provides a lot of training.
Great, friendly place to work. Great way to get your foot in the door as a stylist. Great opportunities to grow.
Awesome
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 25, 2019
Love flexibility and management was great. Company offers a lot of advancement opportunities and give you all the tools you need to successful. Pays well organized professionally and works with your schedule.
terrible place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 20, 2019
Very low pay, no benefits, staff treats you poorly, never get time off, worked more than 40 hours a week and still couldn't afford my rent but had no time for a second job.
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
no breaks, late and long hours, no accommodation, no leave time even for illnesses and injures
An overall great work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2019
At first it can be a hectic job to get the hang of but once you get the hang of the job, you know what you’re doing, eventually you can become the most important job in the store.
Great stepping stone.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 19, 2019
A great place to learn the basics of cutting hair and being in the stylist industry. Unfortunately it is very demanding despite the low pay and benefits.
managenment / always working
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 18, 2019
Manager would never stay at work , made you stay over of she didnt want to stay,
You never get a weekend off , the managment is terrible . You never get a pay raise , they expect you work all the hours and you will never hardly hit production
productive place
STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 17, 2019
great job for building clientele, they provide extra training for cutting and color, benefits after a year, hiring bonus if you refer someone ,flexible scheduling.
Bob Jerome
HairStylist and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Working for this Franchise was a roller coaster. The owners are great and their VP of Operations doesn't care about the employees and crosses HR lines. The one "mentor" manipulates employees and works everyone like a "slave".
Pros
its a job
Cons
No brakes
Amazing
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 14, 2019
The salon will be open soon! The team is awesome and our salon is beautiful. We strive for stellar customer service and to achieve true happiness for all. Looking forward to grand opening.
Great Culture
Owner (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 13, 2019
We are in the process of building a salon that is focused on culture! Happy stylists taking care of happy guests is our focus. Supercuts is a growing brand in the Columbus market
fun place to work and a great place to start out
Cutting hair (Current Employee) –  Camden, DEFebruary 10, 2019
it was a good place to work at it is fun really good people that work there everyone got along with everyone and there was no drama keep to ourselves respected others
Sucks!
Cosmetologist/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 9, 2019
The pay is terrible for what you actually do. The benefits are too expensive. I had the district manager tell me once that i won't make a lot of money working here. That just told me that they know they under pay and want to keep it that way. She also asked me more than once if I am the right field of work. She never seen me cut hair nor did she care to see it. They don't want to advance yourself or your education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight