Supercuts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,112 reviews matching the search See all 1,180 reviews
Great place to work.
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 19, 2018
Supercuts Is a great place to work. We don't have a lot of stylists working at the salon so we make a decent amount in tips. the only down side to working at supercuts is the pay. You don't make enough to support yourself and a family.
fast pace working environment
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 18, 2018
Working at Supercuts was bittersweet. In the summer it was super slow and in the winter it was busy but still not enough to maintain a stable income. We were given reasonable goals to reach in sales but sometimes hard when there was not enough clients coming in. I enjoyed most working with client, delivering great customer service. I just did not enjoy having to be on a timer per haircut. It took the joy and passion out of the job.
Pros
receiving tips and flexible schedules
Cons
Always being timed
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 18, 2018
Supercuts is a friendly business everyone us nice and understanding and they are good at making your day supeecuts was a great experience for me i enjoyed
Upper management needs to get their hands in the game
Stylist (Current Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 17, 2018
The customers and staff are great. Company doesnt appreciate the workers. The pay is awful and the upper management avoid the staffs need for help covering the salons. Never enough staff.
Pros
Coworkers and customers
Cons
Upper Management
Fun Place to work
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 15, 2018
I have worked at supercuts for 4 years and I have loved it since I started. However, the older I get I realize I can not be on my feet that often. So I am going to have to hang up my shears.
Pros
Flexible
Consistency
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 15, 2018
I first worked at Supercuts about 5 ago as a stylist. I decided to leave to pursue a different career. At the time at the salon I worked at I was on my 3rd manager within 1 year. Even had a few months without a manager. I decided to comeback to Supercuts a few months ago. I seems more consistent with keeping the managers happy and the stylist above ready to leave. Since it is retail you are expected to sell product. You now provide all your tools including clippers and blow dryers as before it was not like that. The tips are good for the most part. Haircuts are a little pricey for the area. I
Pros
Training, Tips
Cons
Starting pay
Fun environment
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 14, 2018
Supercuts was a great place to work for the first few years. They offer training to make sure the stylists know what they’re doing. The owner was friendly & very business like.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Long hours & days.
Great hours low pay
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2018
Working at Supercuts was great until new district management came then there was an employee doing things that she should not have been doing no help
Pros
Job security
Cons
Managment
Productive and fun place to work. Very positive team atmosphere.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 13, 2018
Supercuts is a wonderful place to work, if you have a cosmetology/barber license. As a receptionist, however there is very little opportunity for any type of career advancement.
Pros
Flexible schedule, positive environment, company picnics and employee incentives available.
Cons
not enough work hours, short breaks, low pay
Productive and a fun place to work
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 13, 2018
Being able to basically make your own schedule and working a lot of hours. I have had a lot of technical training paid by franchise. Being able to move up the ladder. It’s a fun place to work not only with stylist but customers are always fun to deal with. Nothing about Supercuts is hard to do. Greatest place I have ever worked, hate that I have to leave.
sweat shop corporation
Salon Leader (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJOctober 12, 2018
terrible management, horrific pay, either over worked or under worked but you will NEVER receive 40 hours. high employee turn around rate. overall this company only care about making money.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
If you love hair...
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 8, 2018
I worked as a receptionist at a reasonably busy Supercuts. My job was the most boring job you could imagine. When someone walks in, I ask them their name, type that into the computer, tell them the wait time, and do that all day. Hey, if you like doing that, you'll love this job. I just don't like sitting there for eight hours feeling like the day is dragging. Most of the girls were caddy and clique-y. I felt like my life was miserable. I'd come home in a funk everyday. Some of the girls actually taught me how to cut hair and I loved it.
Pros
Discount, the girls do your hair/eyebrows for free, environment, working with hair and hair care products
Cons
Everything else. Store management and district management were very judgemental.
Fun & driven
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 8, 2018
They really want to make you the best, They provide the most advanced training in any salon I've worked in. Some of the sales goals were unrealistic to hit.
Great environment
Receptionist/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NHOctober 5, 2018
Nice place to hone your craft and become a competent stylist, lots of continuing education, flexible schedule, lots of potential to grow within the companuy
I liked it
Licensed Hair Stylist/Beautician (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 4, 2018
It was a good company to work for! Normally there's a steady flow of clients to provide services and customer service to.My styles and customer care has improved since working here. I am a stickler for above average customer service.The management is great very personable and approachable for any needs. As far as co-workers everybody gets along to keep the peace there are a few people who are "different" as far as attitudes and outlooks but overall it's a great place to work.The hardest part of the job would be that the hours and days to work steadily change so its harder to have a life outside of work.The clients make this job enjoyable there's never a dull moment servicing different personalities all day.
Lack of mangement for manergers
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  LAOctober 4, 2018
Mangement had no respect for employes always talking about employes. We did have a amazing educater . When empoyes cant get along.The wounderful clients that do come in,
I loved my clients
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Manlius, NYOctober 3, 2018
The location was great. I had a large client base but the management and the corporation were always pushing us down. Holding us back and rude. I wouldn't recommend anyone slave away for this company. They do not care about their clients, let alone their workers.
Pros
good location
Cons
poorly managed
No comment
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAOctober 2, 2018
I went to work on a typical day. Did the manger and stylist work. Ran some errands, had some meetings, talked with customers and guest. Did inventory and stock and went home
Stylist Job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXOctober 2, 2018
Super Cuts is a great place to start your stylist career. They offer different services, which allow you to practice your skills. Learning the system in which they use to maintain client records was a difficult one, but over time it became a little bit easier. The commission base they offer isn't like other places, you do not benefit from it like you should. I did however love the flexibility of the hours and the other stylist I worked with.
fast paced salon
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2018
Supercuts was a very interesting place to work. The clientele was different every day but I was able to develop my own repeat customers quickly. I learned a lot from others working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight