Supercuts Employee Reviews

the tips are good
HAIR STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 23, 2018
It's a great place to work if you don't want an outside life. The hours are random, split days off which make it hard to plan anything. It's the supercuts way or way. turn over for employees is ridiculous. Good place to start if you're fresh out of school as they do offer further education and their own techniques. But..... It's supercuts way or the highway.
Pros
the tips are good, learn new techniques, mostley great clientel.
Cons
managment, dress code being directed towereds woman, no set schedule, expected to be a robot.
Receptionist and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 22, 2018
I really enjoy working at Supercuts. Sometimes it's a fast pace other days are slow. The management team are amazing, they work with your schedule. It's alot of work but on slow day it make it go by faster.
Don't do it
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 18, 2018
.Unreasonable time limits per client implemented by corporate, regardless of client circumstance. If not meet disciplinary action will be taken
.High employee turn over
productive and fun workplace
Closing Manager Barbar/ Stylist (Current Employee) –  mathews ncJanuary 18, 2018
fun place to work! Great hours creative fun environment great training course...They taught me a lot about cutting hair and at a great speed ..very relaxed atmoosphere
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Enjoy bonding and getting to know clients
COSMETOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2018
This job is great for stylist who need more hands on practice because they make you go to training for a whole week and must pass before they allow you to start at a location.
Pros
learning techniques from other stylist
Cons
short breaks, long period of staying
Love
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
They love their Guest and Internal Guest! Successful and Satisfying Careers! Great support and education! It's like a big family with Great Vision! Amazing place to grow.
Pros
Education Advancement
Fun place to get more experience.
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Finding a job in the hairdressing field straight out of school can be frightening. Supercuts was able to make it more enjoyable. They gave me further training to hone my skills and have supplied me with everything I would need to move forward in the field.
Stressful
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Alma, ARJanuary 17, 2018
Hard to work for, not allowed to have your own clients. A week long training that was not very informative on the ways the company wants you to do hair. Can't use what you learned in school to do you job.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unrespectful management
Supercuts
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 16, 2018
This was an amazing job coming right from cosmetology school the training taught me a lot and this job raised not only my skills but also my confidence level. I would definitely work for this company again.
Fun stylist to work with.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJanuary 14, 2018
For the most part I enjoyed working for Super Cuts. It was usually a fast paced job with plenty of clientele. My manager Shaquiria was amazing! I really lives working with her.
Pros
Free styling
Cons
Some long hours
Fast passed and never boring
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I would like to see this place treat each employee with the same respect as the senior stylist. Less bullying. A manger that takes control of negative situations and turns them positive.
The abitiy to be creative and make people happy
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 11, 2018
It was a very fast pace environment. Need to care for clients and their needs. I worked with many did types of people of all ages.
Everyday I worked was something new and I would learn as well.
Pros
Making my clients happy and building long term friendship
Cons
Not being able to make everyone happy
The manager is amazing. Her boss is hostile and creates a toxic work enviornment!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 10, 2018
While supercuts may be great not in this region. This is because of the district lead. Sadly she is destroying the name. Supercuts gives a great opportunity to learn but she destroyed continuing a career there.
Pros
Supercuts required continued education
Cons
location was good for walkins
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 10, 2018
management had moral issues . very negative. most enjoyable part of my job was the clients that would come into the salon, I enjoyed the continuing education programs.
Pros
good location and contiuing eduation
Cons
no benefits
I like my coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 9, 2018
I've stayed with this company so long because I like my clients and I like my coworkers. My store that I work for is owned by an individual owner. It is different than corporate owned stores.
Pros
Discount on retail
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun work place that maintains being busy
Stylist/ Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJanuary 8, 2018
I have learned many skills, such as customer service and care, day to day business tasks and the ability to multi task. The management there is great and is very flexible and willing to work hard with each employee.
managed a salon
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 5, 2018
cut hair took orders set hours helped staff with training an techniques if needed very slow sometimes but there are times where its buy ut dos of the times we were sitting around the district leader only cared about her self so working there was miserable
Pros
i was the manager
Cons
working there in general
good place for practice
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2018
Great practice and training. If you're in a good location you can get nice tipping clients and regulars. You're supposed to charge extra to wash the hair. You will get the occasional client with bad hygiene who wants to skip this step.
Pros
Nice steady pace depending on location.
Cons
Can be super slow depending on location.
10 years of service, not enough pay.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 4, 2018
If it were up to me I wouldn't leave, but the salary is too low to stay. I work with an incredible staff and I service a great clientele. I would be more satisfied working part-time and pursuing another career that offers a higher salary. The company is very fast paced and my store manager is exceptional but she does not have access to raises. I'm college-educated and it's time for me to get paid for it.
don't need to write a review
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TX and arlignton, txJanuary 3, 2018
the stars say it all. No need to write a review on a resume that will state what the rating say. The pay isn't right, with how many poeple that come through that door the stylist need a commission off of. Then it might be worth going there.
Pros
lunch everyday
Cons
no commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight