Superion Employee Reviews

Summary
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 18, 2018
My remote position was required to move to Florida but I did like my job duties. We had a good team and worked in a scrum setting and had loyal clients
Pros
Remote positions
Cons
A lot of knowledgeable people left
Very good people to work with
Senior Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 9, 2018
Enjoyed the closeness with the co-workers. The working environment was awesome. The flexibility was great. Managers were willing to work with youo in every way involving your personal life.
Pros
Great Working environment
Cons
More Pay
A job experience
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 22, 2018
Good amount of work to do a day. People work well together within teams but there are many communication issues between teams and management. Management didn't really pay much attention to individual employees and is quick to replace people if they feel out of place rather than take the time to help them adjust/figure out the underlying issues and make them feel comfortable. Miscommunications does result in a faulty product.
Constant Organizational Changes
Mobile Software Instructor (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 12, 2018
The company has been sold several times over the past 4 years and with each time, there have been many changes to management, benefits, policies, etc.
Summary
Sr. Implementation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
I was charged with delivering complex technical infrastructure Implementation services; including Business Continuance/Disaster Recovery, Storage, Backup/Recovery, Archiving, and Network services.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short term project length
Never worked here - must be a bug in Indeed
None (Former Employee) –  Nonesuch, MIMay 14, 2018
I never worked at this company and never entered any information related to it - must be some kind of bug that affected indeed.because I have no relationship at all with this company
It's okay
Software Developer I (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 18, 2018
It's not bad, it's not good. Great place to get your foot in the door, but they don't pay competitively, so why stay? Maybe the company who bought them out will realize that's why people are leaving.
Management lies, hard to get truth
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 18, 2018
After working hard for months for a promised in writing position, management decided last minute there were no longer spots open and cut my salary in half and forced me into a position I was not trained for at all. The benefits are poor, they have a high deductible expensive health care plan, and unlimited pto just means that they never approve your time off. They constantly threaten to fire you, walk people out with no explanation, and are very condescending. Everyone is afraid of being fired. I was never late and came each day but was demoted in favor of someone who no called no showed multiple times. I was told the demotion was because of my hard work and good qualities, which was insulting.
Pros
Free breakfast on friday
Cons
If they do bad in a quarter they fire people and say it is for their own good
Was a Great Place to Work
Business Analyst / Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 6, 2018
SunGard Public Sector was acquired by a equity firm in February 17 and rebranded Superion LLC. In late August 2017 a massive layoff of 25+ people occurred, one being me. The people who were cut were all senior people with 10 or more years experience with the company. It appears they got rid of most of the FoxPro people or people who were FoxPro experienced. They then began to bring in inexperienced college grads from the local trade school and university but there is no one left to train them. I'm told by my former colleagues the character of the company has completely collapsed and everyone is looking for the exits.
Pros
Was a great place to work
Cons
Not anymore
Interesting Temporary Position
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 5, 2018
Given that I was there temporarily, I enjoyed the assignment, the manager was fair, and had great team workers.

It was very interesting to know that the service was provided to various type people who either ran small businesses or individuals. The company offered them flexible spending accounts to maintain the operation of their business or individual accounts.
Cons
Customers having success and confidence companies recovery abilities
Data Communications Technician and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAApril 4, 2018
Supported networking recovery and leaved about routers, switches and cabling.
Supported customer face to face during disasters and testing phases
Enjoyed most challenges during the disaster moments I experienced in Hurricanes to proving our product was capable of supporting and recovering customer's data.
Pros
building good working relationship with customer over years
Cons
Not know how long you may be supporting a disaster away from home
Great place to work and make a difference
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 16, 2018
Superion is a company focused on providing solutions for our heroes in public safety. We are focused on our customers and we have a passion for their success.
Pros
Culture of winning.
Cons
Some internal programs.
Great place with high potential.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 15, 2018
Superion is a great place to work!

Superion is investing greatly in the success of the company and the success of our clients.
I've been with the company for over 4yrs, and Superion's dedication to the clients and the company have far surpassed that of the former 2 owners.
The people I work with are great, and management listens to, and often implements, suggestions from forward thinking employees.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Nothing worth noting.
IT (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 15, 2018
- The work environment is very laid back compared to other companies in the same line of work while still getting done what needs to be.
- They have a very good balance when it comes to work and life
- You will have a hard time finding anyone you cant talk to or get along with
- All senior management including the executives are all easy to talk.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, pay, benefits
Very Streesful, overworked. - Other emplyess and clients made it easier to deal with.
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 8, 2018
Hardest part of job was everyone was overworked with little allowance of overtime and managers inability of hiring new people.
This caused the workplace culture to become very stressful. Has a large turnover of employees.

Enjoyable was working with other employees and clients.
Pros
Friday frut & donuts, lunch brought in
Cons
too much micro managng & clicks
CEO only cares about the bottom line
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 28, 2018
The CEO cares nothing about the employees or who made the company successful in the past. All he cares about is the bottom line. He has no concept about software companies or how to keep the current clients and has to replace most if not all of the helpdesk and developers because he attempted to have everyone relocate.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
poor management, expensive health care benefits.
Productive, relaxed atmosphere
Remittance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed my job but the assignment has ended because the contract was not renewable. I really enjoy my job and duties that I was assigned on a daily basis. I gained a lot of knowledge and experience. The atmosphere was stressful at times but overall it was a nice place of employment.
Pros
Flex time and relaxed dress code on Fridai
Cons
Mandatory overtime without notice
Fast-paced place to work and make a difference in the world
Technical Lead - Business Analysts (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 9, 2017
Great work environment with hard-working, dedicated people. It was great to work on meaningful assignments ultimately intended to help first responders do their jobs.
Stressful, bang your head against the wall in futility
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 4, 2017
Recently bought out by Vista Equity Partners and renamed Superion, this group only wants the lowest paid employees. All staff must work in an office (no remote) and therefore anyone who knew anything about their software is now gone.
It is nearly impossible to support their existing client base - and is frustrating beyond measure.
Management does not care about the fact that it is the employees taking the brunt of the customers anger. Once that customer does finally explode and go directly to a manager, then it is expected that everyone will drop what they are doing and resolve that customers problems right then and there.
Employees are down trodden and worried about lay offs. Poor atmosphere to work in.
The products are all very old and with this type of leadership it is doubtful anything new will come out in time to save this ship from sinking completely.
Pros
Paid time off, occasional parties
Cons
Expense health coverage with high deductibles, management that just doesn't care about staff
Company undergoing culture revamping
Director, Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2017
The IT organizations were being re-organized into a central supporting staff instead of being a part of the individual business units. Although it is an admirable attempt to reduce overall staff, not enough staff is available to cover multiple divisions doing different work on diverse platforms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superion. Our community is ready to answer.