Superior Carriers Employee Reviews

It’s ok to work there if you have help when need it
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparta, NJFebruary 21, 2019
Worked at Superior for many years. Once the manager quit I got everything piled on me. No one helped, I was over worked, and stressed. I got written up multiple times for any and everything mind you I was the only one in the office working had 1 supervisor which worked outside didn't know how to do anything in the office and his supervisor which was the terminal regional who was suppose to be there to help but stayed on the phone and always worried about food. They did not try to help and if they did they made mistakes on paperwork but I still got the blame for there mistakes. I was eventually fired for all the mistakes and disasters that happened in that office. After 13 yrs with the company never had any mistakes or complaints from the customers I was fired.But it’s ok there still struggling and the office is still not right after 9 months with the regional supervisor there so I wonder? Why is Superior still struggling if I was the blame for everything in the office? There is no advancement with superior. The raises are only 2% if that. The benefits are good to a certain point. All medications and vaccinations are not covered.
Pros
Cutomera
Wonderful Culture
HAZMAT TANK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 11, 2018
Wonderful culture and a great job at the Wilmington terminal. I set my days out and was never force dispatched. I truly believe the leadership cared about the drivers.
Pros
Set my own schedule
Cons
Being OTR takes getting used to and isn't for everyone.
It was all right at the beginning, then it went horrible with management and supervisor. Low pay also.
Tank Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Markham, ILJuly 24, 2018
Not a good company to work with. Union sucks. Once you make 15. 50 an hour, that's it. No more raises no matter how long you stay here. Management sucks in Markham Illinois.
Pros
free shampoo and body wash.
Cons
Low pay, and union fee too high.
Great place to work.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 28, 2018
Great place to work, 10 to 14hrs a day. You get home when you're scheduled to be home. You're ran how you want to be ran . 10 days vacation after first year including 2-3 personal days. 9 paid holidays. Dispatch is awesome
Very good people to work for
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJApril 6, 2018
Very good company to work for. If you live near the terminal. 40 bucks in tolls daily really hurts. Terminal manager is very cool. And if you want the miles they have them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long drive to get to work
Good learning Oppurtunity
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Pasadena texasSeptember 7, 2017
The people are what make the job worth it. A good place to get experience and further your education. Management is decent, sometimes it can be extremely stressful.
Not the place to work
CHEMICAL TRANSPORT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJAugust 29, 2017
Superior Carrier is not the place to work. The job takes you over the road a hole lot. You spend weeks away from home. Dispatch only care about getting you the next load. And sometime you are layover for a few days waiting on a load. They don't pay for a lot of time doing company business and that's not fair at all.
Pros
The health is not bad
Cons
Don't get pay correctly
Days were typically busy.
Fleet Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 23, 2017
Superior Carriers overall is a good company to work for, stable employment. Each day was a different set of challenges. Learned that safety and quality of work goes hand in hand. Local management was not hands on unless there was an issue.

There are issues in the workplace that need to be addressed by upper management. Dealing with the issues in the workplace, the most enjoyable part of my job was the actual job duties that I had. My days usually consisted of different duties from the day before.
Pros
1st shift, Monday - Friday, extra pay for on call duty
Cons
Healthcare
Driver Morrow Georgia
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMay 30, 2017
Being an OTR driver, I don't deal with my home terminal very often. I always get home when I need to be. Pay is above standard. Great people at every terminal.
Pros
Getting home when promised. Stable work.
Cons
Health insurance a little pricey at 105 per week, for family.
Chemical work
Loading Supervisor / Terminal Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 21, 2017
Management was good. Work was easy. Loaded tanker trailers with different hazardous and non hazardous chemicals. Pay was very good. Company has since moved to a different location
fast paced unpredictable scedule
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEMay 15, 2017
Superrior carriers is a good company for someone who is ok with being away from home for long periods.The pay is good.well cared for equipment and decent dispatchers.I am leaving because I want to be closer to home.
Pros
pay dispatchers
Cons
being away from home
Small Office Environment
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTJanuary 27, 2017
On a daily basis, provide administrative support to the my Superior and his family as directed. Scheduling appointments / meetings personal and work related, oversee and maintain household as well as household staff and office billings expenses, travel arrangements, personal and work related.

As the office is small, the culture is very flexible giving attention to details as required and ensuring all information is communicated accurately on a daily basis.
Pros
Small office environment, flexibility
Cons
Eat lunch at your desk
An overall good place to work
Tank Washer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 6, 2015
The Management is fairly new and it shows. Compared to companies with the same management staff for a longer period of time its a rougher transition as opposed to other jobs I've worked. Constant equipment failures an archaic layout and process don't make things easier. The hardest part of the job is not letting the workload or equipment failures get the best of you. The second hardest part is having to constantly watch the mistakes of not only your peers but of the office staff. Making sure paperwork is correct making sure that necessary materials have been ordered.
Pros
great job security, work is not very physically demanding, benefits are great, company matches 100% on profit sharing for first year.
Cons
often short staffed, no guarantee to stay on your selected shift.
Baltimore terminal had no work.Poor Management.
Independent Contractor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 23, 2015
Stay away from here if you are trying to pay your bills. If you sleep on mommy's couch then OK.I was lied to by terminal manager. I have gone out to buy a tractor and would sit at home for a week without a load.
Pros
No forced dispatch
Cons
No consistent work
A typical day
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Karns City, PAMarch 15, 2015
At the began of my work day I start and check the temperature of the boiler. I get the vets up to the correct temperature before I get the tanker trailer hooked up to steam. When it's ready I drain the heel off the trailer. Then it's ready to connect a spinner and wash it. I get inside the tanker and do inspection. After the trailer leaves I pressure wash the garage and write up the paper work. It's a contiunus repeat till all the trailers are wash for the day.
Pros
good benefits
I thourouly enjoyed working for Superior
Tank Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJanuary 23, 2015
They brought me on-board letting me know that I would go through their training class and that I would be sent to the Superior Carriers school down in South Carolina that I would have to complete with a passing grade. All of the trucks that I was assigned to were newer and in excellent condition. I would have no problem recommending this company to anyone that was interested in driving truck.
Pros
All Good
Cons
Long comute from my home to the Auburn terminal
Over all a very good company to work for.
Tractor Trailer Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 24, 2014
Superior Carriers is great company that seems to try to take care of their employees and have a great deal of respect for their drivers.
Pros
All drivers recieve the same mileage even if they just started
Cons
not enough miles for time spent on road
The Hr person was a very strange lady..
former employee (Former Employee) –  Oak BrookJune 3, 2014
The Mgmt was weird, rumors and affairs in the office with senior staff.
great co-workers
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Markham, ILMay 15, 2014
everybody who i work/worked with are great people, we had our laughs, nobody hassles you about working at your pace, the drivers are great
small business good people
Dispatch Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 29, 2014
I loved working here. It was like a small family. We all looked out for each other and you knew you were respected here. Most days were pretty laid back there wasn't an excessive amount of customer complaints to deal with
Pros
good people, flexible with home life, family owned
Cons
not a lot of room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.