Superior Energy Services, Inc
69Average

Superior Energy Services, Inc Employee Reviews

United States137 reviews
Good Job: Struggling Company
I really enjoyed my job while I was there. But unfortunately, the company is failing financially and is on the path to bankruptcy, unless upper management can find a way to reduce their debt and make the company profitable.
Not a good experience.
This was not a fun time to work for this company. The management of this company were extremely rude and had no interest in keeping us happy or safe. I'm not sure how it might be to work for them now, but it was the worst experience in my career.
Strategic, collaborative and constantly changing in response to the cyclical nature of the oilfield
Exciting opportunity to build a tenured team with the strategic ability to keep the skilled workforce motivated even during the “tough” times of the downturns of the oilfield. Our team stayed during pay cuts and furloughs and excelled during both the up and down cycles. The positive workplace culture was well known and turnover was low.
Was a great company to work at, treated very respectful by everyone. The workplace culture was great, management was really good to work with treated very respectful.
Upper management is horrible!
How can one of the most profitable divisions fall so fast? Upper management had no clue what is going on in operations. The operations Manager has no management experience, and it shows everyday. Making decisions without thinking it completely through. Micro manage, stuck in the old days.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good place work
Good place to work. Long hours, good pay. Great management personnel. Only bad part is working in bad weather. I enjoy working with all co-workers.
Good company
Management sucks. But other than that everything is good, and you work a lot hours, so be looking to get weekends off. Or early days. Pays well and teaches you a lot
Loved working here, they gave me flexibility to be a good mom and still reach all my work goals. Hardest part may have been not comfortable taking a vacation as I did receiving for both wtx and stx locations. My supervisor was confident in me and let me do my job with no interruptions, they gave me the tools I needed to complete my task accurately and in a timely manner. I loved working for pumpco had they not shut down if still be there.
Always had opportunities for advancement & lunch every Monday
I always needed to be in 15 minutes before the business opened. Checked emails, made sure the in-coming & out-going mail was done. Assisted the President, VP, Controller, other managers & my co-workers in any task they needed me to do. Greet everyone who walked in the door with professionalism. Answer the phone with in 3 rings. Direct calls for the Corporate office, Divisions & Subs. Book the conference rooms for board meetings and all other meetings that were held in our building.
Stay working
Stay working never slack and hope for a day off never get down and keep strong you will finally move up but never give up on what you want in the end.
Productive and benefitcial
Working with this company has showed me the ups and downs of the oil industry but they do try their hardest to keep you moving and paid without layoff applications
Good experience
I learned how to drive forklifts, overhead crane and learned about safety. It was a really good experience working there. I’d gladly recommend working there.
Overall a very poorly managed company.
Superior Energy was a very poorly managed company from the top. However, there is a very good atmosphere between employees and my superiors were very flexible on work schedules. It was a very family friendly atmosphere however, the administrative groups who were non management had no incentive to improve. I never had goals or performance reviews and never saw where the overall company had goals or targets to aim for as a whole. The company from my perspective approached change with a ready, fire, aim mentality.
Productive and challenging.
Working here gave me an overall experience of being an Industrial enthusiast. It highlighted for me the importance of efficacy in quality of supply chain and manufacturing processes.
Good Place to Work
I was fortunate enough to work for two great managers (of the three I had) during my time at the company.

The company provides/offers great benefits and competitive pay.

Overall, I am glad I had the opportunity to work there.
Careless
It wasn't a bad place to work at all when I first started then over time new management came in, replaced everyone and started stripping our days off, housing, guaranteed hours and everything else that got me to come here to begin with. Now they act like we should just be walking on eggshells and kissing feet just to say we're employed there.
Superior was a great place to work
Working at superior was a great job. In the sales part of the company; if you wanted to make more money you got out and talked to more companies. I would also recommend people to look into this company if they want a great opportunity
Worst job ever
This company came in and acquired a family run business and is now running it into the ground.
Management is just concerned about promoting men and being sure they set the business culture back 45 years.

Unprofessional general manager that lacks professionalism and common decency.

Top management turns a blind eye to improprieties and chooses to just base their information on a manager that has a problem with reporting the truth.

This new manager actually pits employees against one another.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Hard working.
the tasks of getting every job out and done the correct way showed A lot how much they cared about the customers orders for the well's. i was on the well screening side and it was tons of hard work and time consuming but the jobs were very easy to knock out.
Pretty good place to work
I would recommend working for Superior.. Warrior on the other hand not so much. I worked for Superior for years until the transferred our product line to Warrior. The management at Warrior is not the best.
In transition
I was hired as a senior account representative to handle their downhole drilling tools division. It was well supported and management allowed for time focused on clients.
Pros
freedom to sell
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Energy Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.