Superior Energy Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Worked at Will Well Control a division of Superior
HSE MANAGER - INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
Excellent supervisory. Is very knowledgeable and shares this with his team so they can be successful. The hours were long but was compensated fairly with the flexibility of weekly attendance.
Pros
very flexibility hours and no micromanagement
good work environment
Junior Fluid Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 26, 2018
good company to work for they can work on their pay grades a bit more other than that the company is on track. The work area is well preserved and used on a consistent basis.
Pros
housing is provided
Cons
low pay
Buena compañia para trabajar
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2018
Muy buena compañía la recomiendo,muy buen trato y mucha comunicación por parte de los superiores
Good company, corporate
Hvac/ Propane Technician (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTMay 31, 2018
A good place to work when they're organized, management always seems to butt heads from on department to the other. Poor dispatching, technicians are always crossing paths.
Pros
laidback atmosphere
Cons
Poor management
Safe, productive & fun work place as one family.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  1001 Louisiana Street Suite 2900 Houston, TX 77002May 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working @ Superior Energy Services but then the layoffs happened & then management changed good people were let go. I worked at Superior for 7 years they treated me great and working for them was awesome. Would do it again.
Pros
Free lunch, Paid traveling, Living allowance, Improved work training
Cons
Health care, Dental, Eye care
Good Management
Completion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXMay 22, 2018
I worked at Superior for only 6 months due to another position opening up I was trying for. They treated me great and working for them was awesome. Would do it again.
Pros
Lunches and long hours.
Cons
Long Hours
Loved working here
Talent Development/LMS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, but then management changed as did the atmosphere. I still enjoyed working there, but then the layoffs happened. Good people were let go and the less than stellar remained.
Pros
Pay, atmosphere
Cons
management changed
Superior Energy
REGIONAL ENGINEERING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Yancey, TXApril 17, 2018
Enjoyed my time working at Superior before the division was shut down during the 2016 Oil downturn. Great group of guys with tons of experience. Enjoyed coming into work daily.
Ok
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2018
I liked the people, and had a good manager. The company took care of me. However I outsold what the group could provide, and it was affecting my reputation so I left.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Lack of advancement.
new
Tool Pusher (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXFebruary 23, 2018
great place to work management truly cares for the employee
gained massive knowledge through experience and training
held each employee to a higher standard than most companys

Want to know more about Superior Energy Services, Inc?

Ask a question
Lack of communication, support and direction.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 16, 2018
Needs more organization and team building. Lack a team spirit and drive of attaining goals for the company and employees. Putting a plan in place for all would be a great start to unity and success.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Unity and trust
Fun place
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Waller, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to wrk. Not to far of a drive. Never any traffic. Work all the overtime you want when it's available. Listen to music all day. Is this place perfit... no... can they improve... of course...
Pros
Great pay...
Cons
Listening to one whistling idot all day.
Departments don't work together. Pile what they can on you for free
International Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
No one is appreciated by directors or VP or HR. You either know people and can get raises and advancement or you get 2% every year except when oil is down. Then you get nothing. 4 years without a pay raise since oil dropped. Employee's are fun and make work worth going to if you're looking for a fun family environment, but upper management don't allow much fun outside of your co-workers. Extra curricular activities were all denied by VP even after approved by safety manager and company insurance.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Directors, Vp, HR No one is there for the employee.
Free Lunch during OutSide travel which was 95% of the time.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2018
This Job was my favorite job till this day. The company provided us with new single cab heavy duty trucks and they supplied 100% tools and also provided a cell phone to communicate with company employees. Every day you had a different location to work at from the DFW area to Stephenville ,Marshal tx, Houston ,Alice, Midland tx, El Reno,Tulsa Oklahoma etc. We would also due our training in Houston Tx (PPE) it felt like a mini vacation cause we would stay out there for a whole week and go to our safety and driving classes during the day as they would provide us with Hotel rooms and meals. I felt happy at the time cause they really took care of there employees. I felt like management was a new face every 6 months but we were always on the road and leads led the way. I enjoyed being out in the field and also doing some training my last year for the company.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Company moving
A typical Day
Field Supervisor/Land Manager/L &O- Ops. Manager (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJanuary 1, 2018
a typical day was left in my hands to handle every aspect of daily operations.
upper management was never there but the daily culture was great due to the field and shop personnel knew how the workplace mentality was so the guys kept postive
An honor working with the company
Fluid tech (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 29, 2017
The years that I worked for superior they were the best I got to learn about leadership I made supervisor they took a chance on me and in return I gave them dedication and all my strength to keep moving forward I was upset when they sold to manors but I kept my dedication to keep learning and to keep working hard.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
They sold to nabors
Great Company to Start with
Slickline Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LADecember 12, 2017
Always willing to teach you new things. Management for the Land division is horrible, they are scared to make decisions or stand behind thier word. Its basically management vs. field workers.
A no incentive place to work
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Waller, TXOctober 11, 2017
They cater to people who play on their phones all day and walk around for 2-3 hours a day chit chatting. There is no incentive to work because doing your job and hard work gets you nothing there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
They do not enforce their own company policies
Excellent place to work
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 8, 2017
great management, good structure. I enjoyed my 15 years there, only left because my division was sold. Was hoping to retire with them. Am hoping to go to another division.
Pros
Corporate
Life Boats
Hydraulic Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Port of Iberia, LASeptember 6, 2017
The Lift boat division is no longer in business. I was constantly on the road and would work anywhere between 40-100 hours in a week. On several occasions, I was put in the position of repairing a Life Boat in unsafe manner which eventually I lost my job. I however did enjoy repairing and working on the boats.
Pros
Received my hydraulic experience
Cons
Unsafe working conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Energy Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.