Superior Energy Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Safe, productive & fun work place as one family.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  1001 Louisiana Street Suite 2900 Houston, TX 77002May 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working @ Superior Energy Services but then the layoffs happened & then management changed good people were let go. I worked at Superior for 7 years they treated me great and working for them was awesome. Would do it again.
Pros
Free lunch, Paid traveling, Living allowance, Improved work training
Cons
Health care, Dental, Eye care
Good Management
Completion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXMay 22, 2018
I worked at Superior for only 6 months due to another position opening up I was trying for. They treated me great and working for them was awesome. Would do it again.
Pros
Lunches and long hours.
Cons
Long Hours
Loved working here
Talent Development/LMS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, but then management changed as did the atmosphere. I still enjoyed working there, but then the layoffs happened. Good people were let go and the less than stellar remained.
Pros
Pay, atmosphere
Cons
management changed
Superior Energy
REGIONAL ENGINEERING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Yancey, TXApril 17, 2018
Enjoyed my time working at Superior before the division was shut down during the 2016 Oil downturn. Great group of guys with tons of experience. Enjoyed coming into work daily.
Ok
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2018
I liked the people, and had a good manager. The company took care of me. However I outsold what the group could provide, and it was affecting my reputation so I left.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Lack of advancement.
new
Tool Pusher (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXFebruary 23, 2018
great place to work management truly cares for the employee
gained massive knowledge through experience and training
held each employee to a higher standard than most companys
Lack of communication, support and direction.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 16, 2018
Needs more organization and team building. Lack a team spirit and drive of attaining goals for the company and employees. Putting a plan in place for all would be a great start to unity and success.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Unity and trust
Fun place
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Waller, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to wrk. Not to far of a drive. Never any traffic. Work all the overtime you want when it's available. Listen to music all day. Is this place perfit... no... can they improve... of course...
Pros
Great pay...
Cons
Listening to one whistling idot all day.
Departments don't work together. Pile what they can on you for free
International Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
No one is appreciated by directors or VP or HR. You either know people and can get raises and advancement or you get 2% every year except when oil is down. Then you get nothing. 4 years without a pay raise since oil dropped. Employee's are fun and make work worth going to if you're looking for a fun family environment, but upper management don't allow much fun outside of your co-workers. Extra curricular activities were all denied by VP even after approved by safety manager and company insurance.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Directors, Vp, HR No one is there for the employee.
Free Lunch during OutSide travel which was 95% of the time.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2018
This Job was my favorite job till this day. The company provided us with new single cab heavy duty trucks and they supplied 100% tools and also provided a cell phone to communicate with company employees. Every day you had a different location to work at from the DFW area to Stephenville ,Marshal tx, Houston ,Alice, Midland tx, El Reno,Tulsa Oklahoma etc. We would also due our training in Houston Tx (PPE) it felt like a mini vacation cause we would stay out there for a whole week and go to our safety and driving classes during the day as they would provide us with Hotel rooms and meals. I felt happy at the time cause they really took care of there employees. I felt like management was a new face every 6 months but we were always on the road and leads led the way. I enjoyed being out in the field and also doing some training my last year for the company.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Company moving
A typical Day
Field Supervisor/Land Manager/L &O- Ops. Manager (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJanuary 1, 2018
a typical day was left in my hands to handle every aspect of daily operations.
upper management was never there but the daily culture was great due to the field and shop personnel knew how the workplace mentality was so the guys kept postive
An honor working with the company
Fluid tech (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 29, 2017
The years that I worked for superior they were the best I got to learn about leadership I made supervisor they took a chance on me and in return I gave them dedication and all my strength to keep moving forward I was upset when they sold to manors but I kept my dedication to keep learning and to keep working hard.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
They sold to nabors
Great Company to Start with
Slickline Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LADecember 12, 2017
Always willing to teach you new things. Management for the Land division is horrible, they are scared to make decisions or stand behind thier word. Its basically management vs. field workers.
A no incentive place to work
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Waller, TXOctober 11, 2017
They cater to people who play on their phones all day and walk around for 2-3 hours a day chit chatting. There is no incentive to work because doing your job and hard work gets you nothing there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
They do not enforce their own company policies
Life Boats
Hydraulic Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Port of Iberia, LASeptember 6, 2017
The Lift boat division is no longer in business. I was constantly on the road and would work anywhere between 40-100 hours in a week. On several occasions, I was put in the position of repairing a Life Boat in unsafe manner which eventually I lost my job. I however did enjoy repairing and working on the boats.
Pros
Received my hydraulic experience
Cons
Unsafe working conditions
Fun but Hard Work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Yancey, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I was lucky to have a supervisor that cared and lead me instead of told me. Long hours would start in early mornings like 2-4am and be gone for days before coming home.
Pros
Pays for 10 hours of sleep after 14hr work
Cons
not home much
No Comment
Client Services Tech / IT Service Center Spec (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 28, 2017
I do not want to review this company. I have not worked there for over two years and have nothing to say about them, the manager I had was good, but raises were VERY hard to come by and advancement was practically non-existent in the Broussard Location.
Good place
Painter / Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAJuly 27, 2017
I was hired in 2006 and worked til May 2014. Got laid off because of the drop in crude oil. I really enjoyed my time at Superior. We had good bosses and supervisors. The pay was good also. I would likely go back if asked.
Pros
Occasional raises, overtime, safety classes, cook-outs
Cons
Dealing with difficult people, not being able to complete your job in a timely manner, Lazy people not doing their jobs and taking advantage of people who do.
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
Worked with a great Project Team over the course of the 5 Plus years on the project. Excellent office location for all. Was a team effort put forth by all working on the project
Pros
Project Team in our Division
Cons
No advancement in any of the other divisions
Fun
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 23, 2017
We commissioned the Spill Response Vessel Arctic Challenger for Shell Oil. It was a hoot. Very advanced technology in the hands of children! Well not quite but there was a feeling of celebratory times while there which led to good bonding.
Pros
Very enjoyable to be a part of
Cons
Temporary job