SUPERIOR FARMS Employee Reviews

A good work environment where people are respected and work hard
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2019
Superior Farms provides a good environment where hard work and initiative are recognized and rewarded. The company's goals are driven by strategic objectives that are set annually and reviewed periodically. People who work hard, take initiative and demonstrate competency are rewarded. The management team prioritizes the importance and value of people. Employees are objectively evaluated based upon work goals that they help to set. While the culture rewards hard work, it is not an environment that is hyper competitive where everyone is seeing who can put in the highest number of hours. Importantly, Superior Farms is an employee owned company. This means that everyone has a stake in the success of the company and employees receive shares in the company that can contribute toward their retirement. Finally, lamb is one of the fastest growing proteins in the US so there is positive upside potential for the company.
Pros
Good work and life balance, employee owned, well managed
Cons
Margins in the meat industry are thinner which means budgets can be tight.
Productive and fun workplace
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dixon, CAMarch 11, 2019
Excellent place to work.
Great atmosphere.
Excellent Benefits.
The best Co-Workers.
Competitive pay.
Employee owner and stock options available!!!!!!!
Pros
Enjoyable workplace
Cons
Working on weekends
good place to start
COOLERS MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80216January 31, 2019
fast-pace and easy going.the workers are always friendly there is always chances to move up from your starting spot its worth the experience when getting into the warehouses
Tiring
Farm Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 9, 2019
The job i had with Superior Farm Labor Service was an extremely exhausting job. It was picking lemons off of trees. We'd carry them in a 80 pound bag and dumpem in a bin that held 1000 pounds of lemons. Just to earn $33. I would do 3 to 5 daily.
Pros
I was fit
Cons
Exhausted
Management Sucks
Harvester (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
Most departments Supervisors and Management don’t Speak English, aggressive work area, employees are decent and offer help if you ask
Either warehouse skill or Knife Skills to be successful at this job
Flexible work schedule.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2018
I really liked what I did. But, the 60-65 hours weekly, took me away from any personal and family time.
I was always asked to do more tasks, other than my own desk required.
Pros
I liked the job.
Cons
Too many working hours per week 60-65
A hard good job for young workers or disenfranchised
Slaughterhouse Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2018
Low pay, high hours, and a rough working environment by normal standards. Its a rough place to be successful. I wasn't able to do it. They do offer great OJT training for new workers entering the workforce and the main supervisor at the time was extremely knowledgeable.
Self-management was nice
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
Fairly standard desktop technician with having to solve end users issues.
Was difficult to try and have someone teach you new systems.
Management team was very disorganized and liked to point fingers when things went wrong, very little ownership of responsibilities and projects.
Pros
Monthly paid employee lunches
Cons
terrible management staff
Laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2018
They are all similar actually, it's just a matter of whether the pace is going to be continuous or not. Basically my position. Quite caring. Mostly a team effort. The smell. Payday.
Pros
Hitting quota
Cons
Not hitting quota
great place to work
Oklahoma Farm Hand/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMay 21, 2018
Shows a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems...Enforces company policies and values without creating negative reactions....Promotes a learning culture
Small community
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Very small community for IT. The advancement opportunities are non existent for IT. Big business but ineffective management. Difficult for success in IT.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no career path, lack of effective management
I like working at Superior farms up until there were management changes that happened in 2014
Quality Control Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dixon, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Up until 2014 I enjoyed my job. There were management changes made and the culture of the work changed.
Working for Superior Farms has been a good experience for me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enought paid vacation per year
Work to push yourself forward
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Have to do the daily job. Work until the job is done. Once done, you leave come back the next day, repeat. Do that for a week, get payed weekly. Follow there orders, and you'll greatly get payed.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
breaks were short
A Day at work
Corporate Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento CaJanuary 3, 2018
Calling customers, running credit reports, sending out references, working short pays and dadjs on the accounts. Releasing customers off hold. Billing out sysco invoices. Great work environment
Pros
Emp owned co., flexibility, casual dress code. 10 paid sick days a yr
Cons
Low pay, promotions are for the few select.
Great company and management
Seasonal Quality Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CADecember 20, 2017
Even though I did not enjoy being around slaughtered animals, I enjoyed getting the office and book keeping experience. It was a good summer job when I was home for the summer in between college.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Dead animals
A great place to work.
Food Production Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CANovember 26, 2017
I was an intern with Superior Farms years ago. I enjoyed my time there thoroughly. I wish could have had the chance to move to the area and continue my work there.
Ok Place to work
HR Plant Personnel Manager / Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2017
I worked for about 1 year. Very past pace work. Never a dull moment. Very poor when it came to the way their managers manage situations. There was a lot of favoritism.
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative/Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2017
A typcial day at work consists of entering many orders, answering a plethora of customer calls, communicating regularly with outside sales regarding our accounts/customers, regulating inventories, scheduling pick ups and deliveries, maintaining price sheets and company files, utilizing Microsoft Office applications as well as inter-company software systems and websites.
Pros
Co-workers treat you like family and are very close, no micro-management.
Cons
No room to advance or make more money than where you started.
Kill floor (Former Employee) –  Denver coloradoJune 14, 2017
It is a good job for someone who needs a job and is willing to work really hard. The pay is not great but it is a job if you really need one. The management is good and people are good to work with there.
Pros
Always work
Cons
Pay is not the best
Okay place to work
STAFF ACCOUNTANT / PLANT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 11, 2017
Company was great to work for because it is an employee owned company, but in the past three years the company is more or less run by the CEO with little to no input from staff.
Pros
nice people
Cons
No plac to advance and no confidence in leadership