SUPERIOR FARMS

SUPERIOR FARMS Employee Reviews

United States36 reviews
Not for those with a weak stomach.
Simply, it's a slaughter house. You will process lamb and goat meat. There is Plenty of room for advancement and it pays weekly. The shifts are twelve hours.
Long hours poor management team
Lack of communication and poor leadership. The quality control team never doing there job. I also brought up issues about products and problems but managment did care to do anything.
Management team has no idea
Terrible senior management team, jealousy and tight mafia circle. Do not wast your time
They move as they feel and depending on the mood of a few without foreseeing market changes nor employee needs
People first oriented company that cares about it's employee/owners
Superior Farms was more than just a job. It was a great team to work with. The facility had it's challenges and opportunities and I had hoped to stay on board, but my love for my family outweighed the love for the company. I took another position to be reunited with my family. Had Superior offered a relocation package, I would still be there.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Facility needs alot of repair
Fast pace high stress job
Superior Farms did allow me the opportunity for advancement. It did take a lot longer than it should have but it was there. Paid time off was outstanding.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
eh!
Great place to work if you need a quick job. high turnover rate due to nature of job. great co workers. although no time to take care of personal matters due to 60 hour work weeks
Driver delivery
Excellent company , but to slow. God customers , Good route , good schedule. Start every day two a clock we have to finish 8 to twelve stop . And Good trucks.
Pros
Cons
.30 breaks.
A good work environment where people are respected and work hard
Superior Farms provides a good environment where hard work and initiative are recognized and rewarded. The company's goals are driven by strategic objectives that are set annually and reviewed periodically. People who work hard, take initiative and demonstrate competency are rewarded. The management team prioritizes the importance and value of people. Employees are objectively evaluated based upon work goals that they help to set. While the culture rewards hard work, it is not an environment that is hyper competitive where everyone is seeing who can put in the highest number of hours. Importantly, Superior Farms is an employee owned company. This means that everyone has a stake in the success of the company and employees receive shares in the company that can contribute toward their retirement. Finally, lamb is one of the fastest growing proteins in the US so there is positive upside potential for the company.
Pros
Good work and life balance, employee owned, well managed
Cons
Margins in the meat industry are thinner which means budgets can be tight.
Productive and fun workplace
Excellent place to work.
Great atmosphere.

Excellent Benefits.

The best Co-Workers.

Competitive pay.

Employee owner and stock options available!!!!!!!
Pros
Enjoyable workplace
Cons
Working on weekends
Dull place to work at
Nothing exciting. Managers were cool sometimes but over all rude. It’s a place we’re sheep go and die so nothing fun about this job. Long hours in the cold.
Pros
Employee lunch meetings.
Cons
Short breaks. Managers rude.
good place to start
fast-pace and easy going.the workers are always friendly there is always chances to move up from your starting spot its worth the experience when getting into the warehouses
Management Sucks
Most departments Supervisors and Management don’t Speak English, aggressive work area, employees are decent and offer help if you ask
Either warehouse skill or Knife Skills to be successful at this job
Flexible work schedule.
I really liked what I did. But, the 60-65 hours weekly, took me away from any personal and family time.
I was always asked to do more tasks, other than my own desk required.
Pros
I liked the job.
Cons
Too many working hours per week 60-65
A hard good job for young workers or disenfranchised
Low pay, high hours, and a rough working environment by normal standards. Its a rough place to be successful. I wasn't able to do it. They do offer great OJT training for new workers entering the workforce and the main supervisor at the time was extremely knowledgeable.
Self-management was nice
Fairly standard desktop technician with having to solve end users issues.
Was difficult to try and have someone teach you new systems.

Management team was very disorganized and liked to point fingers when things went wrong, very little ownership of responsibilities and projects.
Pros
Monthly paid employee lunches
Cons
terrible management staff
Laborer
They are all similar actually, it's just a matter of whether the pace is going to be continuous or not. Basically my position. Quite caring. Mostly a team effort. The smell. Payday.
Pros
Hitting quota
Cons
Not hitting quota
great place to work
Shows a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems...Enforces company policies and values without creating negative reactions....Promotes a learning culture
Small community
Very small community for IT. The advancement opportunities are non existent for IT. Big business but ineffective management. Difficult for success in IT.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no career path, lack of effective management
I like working at Superior farms up until there were management changes that happened in 2014
Up until 2014 I enjoyed my job. There were management changes made and the culture of the work changed.
Working for Superior Farms has been a good experience for me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enought paid vacation per year
Work to push yourself forward
Have to do the daily job. Work until the job is done. Once done, you leave come back the next day, repeat. Do that for a week, get payed weekly. Follow there orders, and you'll greatly get payed.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
breaks were short
A Day at work
Calling customers, running credit reports, sending out references, working short pays and dadjs on the accounts. Releasing customers off hold. Billing out sysco invoices. Great work environment
Pros
Emp owned co., flexibility, casual dress code. 10 paid sick days a yr
Cons
Low pay, promotions are for the few select.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUPERIOR FARMS. Our community is ready to answer.