Superior Grocers Employee Reviews

Awful
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2019
The manager uses and manipulate its employers. Gets mad when you take breaks together with other people like how am I supposed to know we don’t work in the same department. -_-
Has camaeras but can’t seem to see is its employers are working and blames every lil problem in their life to the employers -_-
They should buy speakers and a microphone to call employers cuz sometimes they call you but your far collecting the carts and Can’t hear them and then they get mad like bruh I’m doing my job -_-
Pros
10$ gift card every thanksgiving
Cons
Lack of communication and taking advantage of your effort. Most bullying you
Fast Pace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Working at Superior Grocers is fast pace, overwhelming, and stressful. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers who walk in with intentions of arguing with cashiers. Also, work environment can be unpleasant if the head cashier (16) isn't a team leader or there to help cashiers with problems they may have.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
negative energy from management
The manager at the rialto store on baseline and riverside avenue was a jerk
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 7, 2019
The store manager at the rialto superior on baseline and riverside Avenue. Was a complete jerk and one of the night mangers he was a pervert. Talk to me sexually q out other employees.
Pros
Some employees where nice
Cons
Store manager qas a complete jerk assistant manager pervert
Okay place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2019
In the year that I worked at dthere didn't have many issues at Superior employees are great and nice and helpful work with your schedule when needed and pays okay
Stressful work due to management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2018
The management there is horrible. They are constantly breathing down your neck. If you have an emergency and cant make it to work your hours will be cut. Rarely do you hear someone being full time unless they have years working there. There is no pay raise and it's very hard to advance up. One of my old coworkers had to leave work since his mother died but instead of the management understanding they instead fired him right after. Its a last resort for a job.
Pros
Most of the regular workers are fun people
Cons
poor management, few hours, and you can only get full-time after being there more than a year
Friendly and helpful
Meat Clerk /Customer Service , Bakery & Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 21, 2018
Everyone is friendly and helpful at the company and is willing to work with you if you really need the help. The managers are always helping and will be in your departments for just fun and participation
Not a good job at all, unfair
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CADecember 14, 2018
I disliked working here because some co-workers were payed more to walk around not doing anything! They would see the long lines but instead of opening up, they watch you struggle instead of opening. Managers only schedule people 3 days maximum and only 5 hour shifts. Co-worker wasn’t fired after he harrased another coworker, I instead he was transferred”. Honestly the most unorganized, stressfull job ever.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
fun and respectable enviroment to work in. Friendly and hard working people all around.
Head Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 9, 2018
Being ready and on time is important to start your day. Have a positive attitude while providing excellent customer service and keeping your costumers happy to make sure they will return for another enjoyable day at our store.
Pros
Raffles, 100 days accident free lunches
Poor managment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 21, 2018
Wasnt pleased working there. Coworkers dig into your personal life and use that aganist you at work. Hardly any hours. Yoo much stress for the pay they pay.
Cons
Good place to work but not for too long.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CANovember 2, 2018
This is a pretty good place to work for maybe a second job, or as part time job so it wouldn’t get too stressful. In my experience, it’s difficult to get a day off even for something important.
Pros
You can buy anything you feel like eating while at work
Cons
It’s a small world in there

Want to know more about Superior Grocers?

Ask a question
bad place to work
Grocery Cashier (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 23, 2018
poor management, not many chances to more up, they lost my full time paper work, and never really tired to make it better or even apologize . The atmosphere was nice though
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
poor managment
Fun workplace but terrible management and terrible pay
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2018
I like my coworkers, they are pretty good workers and are also interesting to talk to in general, but the pay is terrible for my living needs....and is also not enough for the work load they give me working in the bakery. The managers schedule me 6 days per week, which sounds like it should be some decent money....but the problem is I work 4 and 5 hour shifts. I need more hours and more money! I deserve it.
Los pay hard work
Meat Clerk and cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2018
I started off as cashier then they asked if I was interested to move over to meat clerk, now the work there wasn’t hard but the other co workers do not help out at all,manager would just be in the back talking on this phone while the meat cutters did most of the work.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Same position low pay
Not a good place to advance beyond the grocery store
Merchandiser/General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAOctober 10, 2018
Management is ego driven and temperamental, especially district managers. Until an overhaul in management is done, things will not change. Lots of times sales are undercut because of poor management. You can advance within the store but not into corporate level. Even entry level jobs are only circulated within the corporate office and not made known to all employees.
Pros
Learn to deal with difficult people
Cons
Poor district managers, low pay
Bad company!
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 5, 2018
Terrible work environment, management is the worst. No consideration of employees, over work you for very little pay! Also, they say you'll be a cashier yet they'll have you cleaning bathrooms! Not a job I would recommend!
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Terrible job
its ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2018
Pay is ok, but job can be stressful and if you don't like to deal with people the job is not for you. I've had great co-workers, but bad customers. It also depends on the location where you work at too, and the manager you have.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay
The Stink is From the Top
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 25, 2018
Management is the worst at the corporate level. I feel so bad for the store employees because they are not given much guidance. The owner is all about money and greed. There is so much nepotism at this company that it's hard to advance or be recognized unless you are the same race as the owner.
Pros
Free lunches provided by vendors
Cons
Bad management, subpar benefits, stressful environment
It was always super busy
CASHIER/ACCOUNTING BOOTH/OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 24, 2018
It was an extremely busy store so you never got board. I trained at several different position, so I was able to do different things you are always meeting new people and I'm a people person
Pros
Pizza parties when the store did well
Cons
No benefits
Superior is not a place to work for they pay very little, and give you very little pay, to much of a stressful work place.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CASeptember 17, 2018
Not a good place to work for they pay employees very little very little work hours and a very stressful place to work and very rarely give employee raises. !!!
Pros
Cons
No room to advance, very lil hours, stressful, low pay, exspect to much work for lil pay. !!!
Average workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 2, 2018
Average overall but was not what I expected. Management is not that great. Not very happy working there. Don't get to do your own schedule. Pay is very low for the job you do.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Pay