Superior Grocers Employee Reviews

Poor managment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 21, 2018
Wasnt pleased working there. Coworkers dig into your personal life and use that aganist you at work. Hardly any hours. Yoo much stress for the pay they pay.
bad place to work
Grocery Cashier (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 23, 2018
poor management, not many chances to more up, they lost my full time paper work, and never really tired to make it better or even apologize . The atmosphere was nice though
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
poor managment
Fun workplace but terrible management and terrible pay
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2018
I like my coworkers, they are pretty good workers and are also interesting to talk to in general, but the pay is terrible for my living needs....and is also not enough for the work load they give me working in the bakery. The managers schedule me 6 days per week, which sounds like it should be some decent money....but the problem is I work 4 and 5 hour shifts. I need more hours and more money! I deserve it.
Los pay hard work
Meat Clerk and cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2018
I started off as cashier then they asked if I was interested to move over to meat clerk, now the work there wasn’t hard but the other co workers do not help out at all,manager would just be in the back talking on this phone while the meat cutters did most of the work.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Same position low pay
Not a good place to advance beyond the grocery store
Merchandiser/General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAOctober 10, 2018
Management is ego driven and temperamental, especially district managers. Until an overhaul in management is done, things will not change. Lots of times sales are undercut because of poor management. You can advance within the store but not into corporate level. Even entry level jobs are only circulated within the corporate office and not made known to all employees.
Pros
Learn to deal with difficult people
Cons
Poor district managers, low pay
Bad company!
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 5, 2018
Terrible work environment, management is the worst. No consideration of employees, over work you for very little pay! Also, they say you'll be a cashier yet they'll have you cleaning bathrooms! Not a job I would recommend!
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Terrible job
its ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2018
Pay is ok, but job can be stressful and if you don't like to deal with people the job is not for you. I've had great co-workers, but bad customers. It also depends on the location where you work at too, and the manager you have.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay
The Stink is From the Top
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 25, 2018
Management is the worst at the corporate level. I feel so bad for the store employees because they are not given much guidance. The owner is all about money and greed. There is so much nepotism at this company that it's hard to advance or be recognized unless you are the same race as the owner.
Pros
Free lunches provided by vendors
Cons
Bad management, subpar benefits, stressful environment
It was always super busy
CASHIER/ACCOUNTING BOOTH/OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 24, 2018
It was an extremely busy store so you never got board. I trained at several different position, so I was able to do different things you are always meeting new people and I'm a people person
Pros
Pizza parties when the store did well
Cons
No benefits
Superior is not a place to work for they pay very little, and give you very little pay, to much of a stressful work place.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CASeptember 17, 2018
Not a good place to work for they pay employees very little very little work hours and a very stressful place to work and very rarely give employee raises. !!!
Pros
Cons
No room to advance, very lil hours, stressful, low pay, exspect to much work for lil pay. !!!
Average workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 2, 2018
Average overall but was not what I expected. Management is not that great. Not very happy working there. Don't get to do your own schedule. Pay is very low for the job you do.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Pay
Really fun
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2018
Working for Superior was Really good for me I really enjoyed working there my responsibility was make sure that the store running properly and our customers are always right
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, organizational skilled and ability to multi-task
Manager of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 23, 2018
In a typically day at work I fulfill management tasks. I oversee a staff of 7 individuals, manage daily duties; including answering phones, emails, filing, help department staff to resolve customer issues.
Positive and motivated workplace.
Depending where you work, it can be ok
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Watts, CAAugust 22, 2018
When I worked here it was not great. The management during this time was very distant and didn't seem to care much about his staff. He had favorite and very buddy-buddy with some managers but I barely ever heard from him. Didn't like/accept people calling off and would demand doctor notes even on a first time call-out. The job itself is pretty easy, just scan stuff and take money, give change but kind of mindless work - can be very boring sometimes but during the time I worked there the pay was fair and better than most other places.
Pros
Long breaks, long lunches, 50% off discounts
Cons
Management was very bad during that time
superior sucks
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAAugust 20, 2018
Don’t work at superior all they do is use and abuse you till they’re finished with you and they make sure that that is exactly how you feel. Terrible work environment
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything about the company
It kinda sucks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAAugust 16, 2018
Customers are hard everywhere you go so no big deal, coworkers are half good and half bad, management is decent, but the store was in good shape, certainly one of the best of the branches
Decent workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maywood, CAAugust 16, 2018
Builds character and you learn to be flexible in the different departments. Will work with you if you are a student though they demand you put work first. Great friendly workers that are good to learn from.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Busy at peak hours and not enough workers.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 14, 2018
Work is available trainers can be brief and cut throat depending on the department. Great place for a part time job, hours can be flexible depending on your schedule. Great place to work if you are a student.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours in a week
Good but sometimes stressful job.
Superior (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 10, 2018
Working here was good but also stressful. My coworkers were easy to work and get along with. Teamwork was a big part of this job. The management was horrible.
Stressful
Deil clerk (Former Employee) –  Olive Hill, KYAugust 9, 2018
The work place there is very out of place. The management was all over the place and there was no order. Many of times what need to be done was not done. The pay was the worst of all you worked many of hours for nothing at all it was rare if you bought home more then $200 a week. A lot of time you found yourself working two shifts or holiday and not getting over time pay or holiday pay.
Pros
Free food