Superior Grocers Employee Reviews

Did not enjoy working here at all.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2018
The management doesn't schedule you with enough hours to become an official full-time staff so they do not have to provide you with benefits like medical. I had notified management that I did not like working at the meat department and wanted to be moved and they did not listen to my request and did not help at all.
never would want to go back
Night Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
the company is not one that yo would want to work for alot of the people their that are managers are closely related. There is no chance of growth unless you are really close to the manager
Fun work environment
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Maywood, CAJune 14, 2018
Really fun work environment with constant flow of work. Makes for a long day at work but really fulfulling at the end of the day. If you are looking for a job with never a dull moment this job is for you.
Stressful
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 2, 2018
My day looked very stressful, and it was very busy, but luckely i pulled through. The hours were inconsistant and the enviorment wasn't very friendly.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Non Flexible hours, minimum wage
fast and organized
Night Crew (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAMay 27, 2018
the work day is fast paced and need to be organized , the managers are ok they aren't the best they expect new employees to be as fast as they are they also get angry easily . I learned how to be fast and organized with work
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no overtime, lack of employees, take hours if your late once
Not the best job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maywood, CAMay 20, 2018
This job was basically the worst job I have had it is very boring on slow days and management does not let you leave your check stand even to pick up go-backs that are around your checks done is prohibited they have very strict rules and upon breaking them there are suspensions that last up to 7 days I was suspended Before Christmas and I was relying on that check to buy my children gifts so to say my children didn't have gives because of these rules that Superior makes isn't fair because I rely on my check to maintain a lifestyle. So because of these rules I had to take loans out and just made my life harder it was like I had a job off and on and on again
Pros
None really only that i live close
Short Term Career Experience
N/A (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 18, 2018
Working for Superior is good, some management personnel are willing to work with ones personal schedule. Everyday is a busy and challenging day of how to cater to customers to give them the best prices. A lot of hard work and dedication sometimes feels overlooked which makes moving up within the company feel eternal.
Pros
Sponsor Lunches; Free Samples and Holiday Giveaways
Cons
Low Pay, Hard to Move Up and Favoritism among employees.
Bad managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMay 10, 2018
At superior there was so much favoritism and most employees were treated unfair. The pay was low and the hours were horrible. Managers don't care for their employees.
Pros
The people I met.
Cons
Low pay.
Great.
Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pacoima, CAMay 9, 2018
A typical day at work is pushing carts endlessly and having to deal with a lot of foot pain. Although this is a great job to get started on. Hopefully, I can find something better.
Its cool
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAApril 16, 2018
Just really depends on what your looking for.. To me its a job for people with little or no experience.. You can learn alot.. The work you loon and hard for ok pay I guess
great place
District produce merchandiser (Former Employee) –  sante fe springs, californiaApril 6, 2018
great place to work and super challenging. The independent grocery business is a tough nut to crack. All the big chains have way more buying power making it easier to secure better deals.
fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 2, 2018
Hours were inconsistent and you never knew your schedule ahead of time. The department I worked in was the bakery and it was very unorganized and they did not work with you on hours.
Fast paced enviornment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAApril 2, 2018
Very demanding! Lack of communication at times. Can be stressful if you're sensitive. They definitely cater to the Hispanic community. Great place to work if you're fluent in spanish.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Poor communication. Lack employee appreciation
productive workplace
Porter (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 23, 2018
friendly workplace. employees are very nice and helpful. assist customers with finding products. hardest part of the job will be dealing with unsatisfied customers.
Good work office, great atmosphere
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMarch 16, 2018
Everyone got along . Benefits , hours were good. No complaints . Fun but busy . Will recommend . Company has grown . Great grocery competitors . Good pay to start
Pros
Cons
Nothing o
Productive company
Lead Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 15, 2018
Superior was a great company to work for in the beginning ,but as years went on the company to me as far as being employed came at a stand still. There seam to me to have been a lot of favoritism within the company. A lot of hard work and dedication would be over looked and you felt at times taken advantage of. I dedicated 13 years to Superior and I feel like I have nothing to show for all of my hard work . The pay is not compatible with the cost of living.
Not great but not terrible either
Full and Part Time Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, CAMarch 7, 2018
My time working here was my first time ever working in the retail industry. I was a grocery clerk so my duties were simply keeping the shelves stoked. My co-workers and only a few of the managers were good to work and mingle with. Others, not so much. The work becomes routine quickly. If you want steady income for fair work (depending on the department). Look no further.
Pros
Weekly Steady Income
Cons
Management, and lack of hours
A good work place to grow if you love working the grocery store
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAMarch 4, 2018
My experience working with Superior was a good experience. I started off working in the meat department and then in the bakery for 4- 6 months and it was a good experience, but I had to remind myself the store was more Hispanic- American workers that couldn't speak or a little English. I am very respectful of my co-workers and the customers even if it may be hectic, but it was hard work because of the different tasks and I had to learn how to speak a little Spanish in order for me to communicate with my co-workers and the customers. I had to learn like learning the codes for the price of the meat or how to handle the meat. But overall, I enjoy the experience and wouldn't have no problem of going back working there if there is a union.
Pros
Learning experience with working the retail business
Cons
short breaks and sometimes working on night shifts and cleaning up the whole work area
Easy job.
Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 1, 2018
This was an easy job. I worked in almost every department. There are classes you can take to get ahead. Promote from with in.On the job training, Spanish is kind of a must.
One of my worst experiences was working at superior, too stressful, little pay, poor management, no growth in the company.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 22, 2018
As a former utility worker/produce clerk i highly recommend not working here due to poor management, lack of communication, no hours. I dislike that they pressure you to do things you dont want to do
Pros
Easy way to get money
Cons
Not enough hours, customers are disrespectful and poor management