SuperValu Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,429 reviews matching the search See all 1,704 reviews
Very Political
Facility Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 20, 2018
From the GM, down to and especially the Facilities Manager, talk about lies and throwing under the bus. The Management Team is some of the worst.I have ever seen at 60 years old.
Beware!!
Not good but not bad
SCOT Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 20, 2018
Working at Cub Foods is a really good starter job for a teenager still in High School. But it doesn't work as a long term job at all. I learned a lot working there like useful customer service skills and time management, but as a full time job Cub Foods would not do. The hardest part of the job was keeping a smile on your face when customers would yell at you for their coupons not working. The rest of the job was very lax. The one thing I took away was the great friendships I made working there. Since it was right by my high school a lot of my coworkers were my age.
Pros
Great starter job, Union, Friendships, Fair pay
Cons
Union
Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mackey streetSeptember 20, 2018
Working at supervalue is a very fun environment u get to work with all kinds of different individuals and met new people. Working at Supervalu-Inc has expand my knowledge as a cashier as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
my review for cub is ok to work for.
over night stock (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2018
i really enjoyed my co-workers and being able to work as a team. i did not like the fact that there were some instances where my safety became an issue with unruly customers.
Pros
very diverse
Cons
not enough security
productive, fast pace
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSSeptember 18, 2018
you will start the day off with an huge number of items to be shipped off for the day. using a vocallet box to see what items you will need to select and placed on a pallet jack at a productive time.
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 18, 2018
Don't work at Coon Rapids South. Turnover was high, I was called in on my days off, I was asked to stay longer on the days I was scheduled, morale was very low, my schedule was never the same and people were getting fired left and right. I have been working for over 40 years and of all the places I worked, I have never been lied to, the manager lied right to my face and I never went back. Bad place to work overall. I'm sure other Cub Foods locations are not like Coon Rapids South.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad Manager
Stressful and chaotic
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 13, 2018
This company bought the company i worked for and declined rapidly in its business and treatmeant of its employees and was subsequently bought out themselves by another company creating an unstable and stressful work place to the point its become unreliable as an income source for me.
Pros
Cons
Lack of work at times
Fun place to work as long as you have the right manager
Cashier, Customer Service Counter (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNSeptember 12, 2018
I absolutely loved my job besides that I wasn’t given the full time opportunity I wanted and things took a turn because of favoritism. Also, was willing to work all morning shifts from early morning to early evening so the workers still in school could get afternoon late evening hours as needed and was declined. Loved working with customers directly and loved the overall environment.
Fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, PASeptember 12, 2018
Fun place to work . Wish i would of started right out of high school lol.very clean despite the fact that its production. If you get hurt there are nurses to help you out. Good place overall.
Supervalu
STORE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Solid place to work. I spent 27 years with the company from a stocker up to store director and ultimately store director of the year.

Loved being a "food expert" in the supermarket.
Pros
Pay & flexibility
Cons
Poor management
new company fun to learn about them
Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 9, 2018
was a good opportunity to work for them and learn data processing with them i was able to come aboard from ground up and help learn and design the data systems along with IBM and develope a system that would support the entire georgia division
Pros
new learning experiences
staff
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNSeptember 9, 2018
not enough staff and the managers aren't very friendly to most employees unless your in there click and then you get more hours. you ask for help and its not given on a regular basis.
Pros
when we have staff great
Cons
not enough staff bad
pay
Bookkeeper/Cashier/Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 8, 2018
I have been asking for a raise since I was taught to bookkeeping, service desk, do pricing, sometimes in meat department to help out. I even switch stores to help out with bookkeeping and still no raise.
ok job
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 8, 2018
it was easy but they wanted better
was a order selector making sure to get the right items for the customers.
its a typical job that you worked at everyday
Hard work but paid well
General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 7, 2018
The people were great to work with! There was not enough staff for the required work and had to travel up to an hour to get to work. There was alot of heavy lifting. The pay, benefits and retirement plans were great, and they offered time and a half on Sunday. They also provided uniforms and were pretty flexible with scheduling. Had paid vacations. They offered a small discount on Own Brand merchandise. Training for positions wasn’t always the greatest, you were thrown in and expected to succeed.
Retail Grocery Store
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNSeptember 7, 2018
Indeed requires a 150 character review just to upload a resume. It was a retail grocery store. I worked there through my college years. This review would be outdated.
good
overnight cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Anthony, MNSeptember 7, 2018
fast paced , nice management , has alot of opp. good culture nothing hard about the job just some of the cms were kinda mean and some customers were different
Worst experience ever
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MDSeptember 5, 2018
I've never worked with such lazy people in my life. I actually had a customer come to me and say " you must be new cause this place hasn't looked this good in a REAL long time" . Guess that sums it up
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Lazy co workers, management, pay
Very laid back
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 5, 2018
I would recommend working st Supervalue. The environment is safe and secure, the workers are friendly and overall you get an understanding of sales and how everything work.
Pros
Good break amount
Cons
Very cold environment
Hard place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 4, 2018
My overall experience with SuperValu was a great. Good atmosphere excellent Management and crew. Hard work at times but overall a pleasant experience. I enjoyed my 1.5 years while employed there. Made a lot of wonderful contacts during my stay with company. A good work environment, withe reasonable pay for entry level work. Butt the time i spent there was priceless.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SuperValu Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss