SuperValu Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,505 reviews matching the search See all 1,787 reviews
It depends on your leader on work autonomy
Sr Cyber Security Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 13, 2018
Like many roles, it depend on your leader and the culture that they build within their team as to how much you like your role and therefore the company overall. I had great leader that gave me a lot of autonomy. Current leader is more of a micro-manager.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 12, 2018
I enjoy my time working with supervalue its a nice place to work. I enjoy this job alot. So many opportunity to grow within the company and move up. Great works environment.
Pros
Union job
Cons
Short breaks
it was overall pretty good and nice to work at cub.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNNovember 12, 2018
the first day was kinda fun i got to shadow a person who was really nice and sweet and taught me a few things but it was for about 3 minutes and i got to do it myself. she stayed around for about 5 minutes but then for the rest of my shift (about 6hrs) i was on my own.
A good place to work
REGION CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WINovember 11, 2018
Was a good place to work with great people, for the most part. I was there for almost 20 years and worked my way from a telemarketer to a Manager. Thanks
Understanding Managers
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 10, 2018
The managers are very willing to work around your schedule. Everyone tries to help each other get through the day. Overall, a very positive atmosphere. I learned a lot of accounting skills when I worked behind the service desk.
Pros
Evenly spaced breaks
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNNovember 9, 2018
I worked in the deli. It was a nice work environment with friendly co-workers and a relaxed pace. Wait on customers, slice meats, clean in parts of the deli.
Okay
Clean Team (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 9, 2018
It was okay, it was not very hard. I worked on that team and the hours were good. However, I was looking for more variety and responsibility in my job.
Not a bad place to work
Worker (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PANovember 9, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. The union can be strong and difficult to work with at times but there are occasions where management did not follow through.
Pros
Decent hours, decent pay, benefits
Cons
Union, some management, training could be better
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier, Self-checkout, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. Mostly everyone worked hard and did their best to create a friendly environment for customers and other coworkers.
Pros
Manager worked really hard to try and give everyone their days requested off
Cons
Hours aren't flexible
Terrible place to work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PANovember 6, 2018
This place is probably one of the worst company’s I’ve seen, terrible management, they treat the casuals as slaves working 14 hours sometimes less while everyone else leaves, don’t take care of there employees at all, go somewhere else because this place is definitely not somewhere you want to work
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, terrible supervisors
Fast paced Environment
Bakery Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Willmar MNNovember 6, 2018
Great place to work if you don't have kids or anything else to do besides work there is no work/life balance if you are a full time employee here. There is a lot of conflict when you want to take your vacation time or if you have an appointment also plan on being at work every weekend. I also noticed a lot of favoritism between management and employees if I had the option I would not work for this company again.
Pros
Higher pay than most places in the area
Cons
Short breaks work every weekend
Great Place to Work and Grow
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2018
A typical day consisted of store walk-thru, visited all departments and department managers. Discussed business with staff, reviewed daily reports (sales, payroll, shrink, etc.).

I learned how to manage a large staff which included 14 department managers and over 150 associates.

Management at SuperValu were very knowledgeable and readily available to assist in growing the business as well as my career.

The workplace culture was fast-paced. No two days were ever alike. The people were positive and friendly which helped ease the challenge.

For the most part, the locations (commute) was the hardest part of the job. Another challenge was dealing with so many ethnic groups and providing them the products that they needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the employees and customers. Another greatest achievement was the success of all the teams I managed.
Pros
compensation, people and opportunities
Cons
frequently changing my store location
Wouldnt bother
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 1, 2018
It's like working with a bunch of kids and management dont take your thoughts or anything into consideration favoritism is played way to much.. equipment was always tagged out not enough of rf scanners or half of them were broke..
Pros
Cons
Bad management
bad shift hours, lots of forced overtime with little notice
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAOctober 30, 2018
if you need a job itll help pay your bills. if you want something that at the end of the day you feel accomplished then its not for you. don't let my negative review make you decide everyone is different and you need money to live. I was fortunate and was only laid off from my union job and only worked at supervalu for a few months. the shifts are 9 am til 7 pm in grocery and often forced overtime and 230 pm until 1 am in the freezer with forced overtime. I worked here when my son was only 1 and didn't like that I had to live at work.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
pay sucked shifts suck being cold sucks and you have to rush to keep your quota up
Awesome
Stock Associate 2018 (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MN 55428October 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cub Foods during my junior and senior year in High school. I enjoyed working with my supervisor. I enjoyed the helpful staff. I enjoyed working with the customers.
Faced paced using forklift and power jack equipment
FORKLIFT AND POWER JACK EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 26, 2018
I have learned, while using said equipment, how to do let downs for single container and partial containers work to do ordrts for dry and parishable foods. I conduct replinishments, put aways and reserve transfers. I put safety first by performing preventative maintenance on forklifts. Record any noticeable issues.

There are many cultures employes that work at supervalu. Everyone is respectful to each other.

The hardest part of the job is working in the freezer section for 12 hrs.

The most enjoyable part to me is coming in and completing my work assignments. Going the extra mile helping others as needed/
Pros
New updated gym area, Free coffee and water avaiable at all times
Cons
Some times the mandatory overtime after the 4th day can really wear you down
Very intense,fast-past enviornment
Warehouse Lead Person (Current Employee) –  Indianola, MSOctober 26, 2018
I've learned the typial system of how a distribution center operates. This is a very intense and fast-past enviornment. I've also learned the various structural components of leadership in warehouse distribution.
Great hrs
Office​ ​Clerk​ ​II (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIOctober 22, 2018
Supervalu hours were good. Not too far from home. Vendors gave away a lot of free food. Most of the staff was friendly. Great benefits. They barely trained on new position. Force to work in another section that required a lot of lifting and was dirty. I was placed on a Job without training had to figure it out.
Cons
Poor management-Leadership
Decent Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Crystal, MNOctober 22, 2018
It Depends on What Department you're in. Cub has something for everyone. If you're not necessarily a "people" person, something like produce or dairy will suit you. If you want more a more social interaction but less physical, then "front end" or cashiering will be for you. Pay is okay, experience helps obviously. Yeah Yeah!
Great pay but very poor management
Senior retail specialist (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNOctober 17, 2018
I have worked here for 38 years, in the beginning it was a great place to work but the last 10 years or so it is getting unbearable, management expects everything completed but there is never enough help to complete the job I would not recommend this company to work for unless it is sold and operates as a grocery store again. Way to much create a jobs now and too many field specialist that have never done the job.
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SuperValu Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight