SuperValu Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,560 reviews matching the search See all 1,849 reviews
Great
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJanuary 19, 2019
Great company poor management just needs to relax and let the workers work just down people at every turn it just seems like they will not give you a chance to grow
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Just hard on workers who are trying and no chance of coming back
Supervalu
Sr. Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2019
The company was a good company and I enjoyed my time when I worked there. I learned allot of working in the AP Department and enjoyed the people that I worked with.
Pros
Good company over all
Cons
benefits could be better
It was a fun place to work
Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 12, 2019
I enjoyed being a Seafood Manager at SuperValu. I learned a lot in my 29 years of being employed by SuperValu. I loved coming to work to assist customers and putting a smile on there face. I'm sad to say that SuperValu is no longer opened.
good place to work good pay and benifits
Selector (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJanuary 11, 2019
I liked working there wish I was still there my coworkers was friendly and the pay was good just wish they had a program in place for out of town funerals for close family members other then one day.
Pros
good hours
Cons
late calling for mandatory overtime.
Decent gig
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJanuary 11, 2019
I did my training at supervalu for about a week, they work with you to make sure you know how to safely operate the electric pallet jack, then they show you the order picking process. Its a pretty demanding job as far as making production an the hours spent which will more then likely be discussed to you prior, but if you can find that flow an learn the process of putting together a good pallet its a good job with some opportunity. I left pretty much the following week after my training based on me deciding to take my life into a different direction, but I left in good spirits. If your a hard worker that want a decent situation with growth I would reccomend trying them out.
Needs work.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 11, 2019
The culture is based upon favoritism. If manager worked with someone else and never worked with you and a position opens. Manager is going to pick the other person even though the new position doesn’t involve the manager. Also overtime is based on seniority and that is changed based on who benefits from the overtime. People can cross your name off of scheduled overtime if they have been with company longer even if it overlaps into their normal scheduled day of work. I worked 19.5 hours one day. Superintendents have made up roles in which on their shifts no work gets done and some shifts are more heavily filled but shift with more work has less people due to no one wants to work overnight. So for hours at a time I’m the only person in the office.
SuperValu/CubFoods
Cleaning Crew duties (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNJanuary 7, 2019
A class at high school allowed me to work there. But due to that I can not talk much about it because I worked two hours a day and six hours total during the week. So I do not have much to say.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
The poor management.
Management ``wolves'' toward union ``sheep
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJanuary 7, 2019
The most recent management team felt it was important to modify employee behavior through simplistic stick vs. carrot methods. But when the only tool you feel like you need is a hammer, all problems start looking like nails...
Intense work place
Selector (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALJanuary 5, 2019
A really good job for a younger person. They won’t you to run your self. Turn over rate is bad. I would definitely go back & do the job again. The job was well worth it
Good Location and friendly staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  County DublinJanuary 4, 2019
I work there currently and I love my job as a cashier. I am a student and can only do certain hours and they will always help me with my times. They are also very kind when you are unwell.
Pros
good location
Cons
rude customers
ok job but not great
asst. front end manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNJanuary 4, 2019
One is expected to do their job yet there is no training for it and then you're told you're not doing it. Each day you do the job/work of 2 people yet it's never acknowledged, just expected to get done. No time is given to do the supervisory/admin side of job. People are hired from outside the company and given full time while others are told they will be promoted and aren't.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short breaks
Order picker dont work here
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2019
Horrible place to work full of bad people liars was pulling 100% my first week then after 3 months got sick one day called in and it was all down hill people were always saying that it was just a matter of time before they fired me very much favoritism all around not friendly crew at all union dosen't help dont let them draw you in with 20 dollars a hour they give you no hours never had 40 the whole time working there this place is a waste of time
Pros
Benefits if you can use them before they fire you
Cons
Union sucks dues are high place is horrible to work at
great
Picking (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSJanuary 2, 2019
this company is a great place to build a career,u also have a weight room so when u get off. You also have a lot of benefits. They also have great trainers.
work expeience
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 1, 2019
I really enjoyed the team that I worked with. I had most friendly team members. They were very helpful and taught me all the basic things including the operation systems.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
temporay job
Very poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pequot Lakes, MNDecember 31, 2018
All but a couple of managers are power crazed and they overly micromanage, And this is coming from not only me but several past employees and several customers notice as well.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
reason for leave
Cashier / Facing (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MN 55434December 31, 2018
it was a great job but they weren't really flexible with hours and scheduled me on days I was busy. But other then that the job was great and I didn't have a problem with it. Wonderful discounts and made sure was always good.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not flexible
Fun workplace
MANAGER/ OVERNIGHT STOCKER (Former Employee) –  BlaineDecember 31, 2018
Flexible hours but worked a lot of weekend hours. They made sure to get me enough hours and sometimes worked overtime. I learned a lot while working for them.
Nice place to work.
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNDecember 31, 2018
Great place to work. And the pay is good too. Very diversify. great work place culture with fun and among co-workers. Always help asap whenever there is a problem.
Pros
You will have something to do.
Cons
Just a bit cold but the uniform provided works good.
Produce Inspector
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VADecember 31, 2018
To help inspect produce the good and bad before it enters into the warehouse. We also check the return products from various stores. We also did quality checks of the products inside the warehouse after it was received.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Long Shifts
Great relationship with people and customers
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNDecember 28, 2018
It's a fun workplace that all employees enjoy working although there's a stress accord but still everyone enjoy working and working even harder with full support with managers
Pros
Discount
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SuperValu Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight