SuperValu Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,329 reviews matching the search See all 1,591 reviews
OrderPicker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 18, 2018
Start out pay is good; 15.20 an hour (once qualifications are met - 16.20 an hour).
Great place to work for any person that is up for challenge, change, and motivation.
The goal (the motivation/requisition of an order selector) is to meet the daily/weekly average. There is an incentive bonus added to ones overall pay that is based on your weekly score. Minimum score requirement for the week is a 95%.
Great company to work for
Director of Labor Relations (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 15, 2018
Financially strong company that is growing toward future change. Great leaders with insight into the market that is helping us make necessary changes to stay healthy.
Pros
Financially strong, great leadership
Cons
Change is hard but necessary
When the store is dead there is nothing to do so you juat stand up front and do nothing.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJune 15, 2018
Standing up front without anything to do makes the workers look bad. In the summer there is not alot of workers so we get backed up and need to call for more help in other departments.
Cons
One 15 minute brake up to 6 hours.
Bakery Clerk
Bakery Clerk/Decorator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 14, 2018
A typical day would be packaging what you have on the racks such as Bread,cookies,donuts etc.
You learn to work at a fast pace and stand for a long period of time. which is like assamly jobs basically.
The cub i work at we tend to run out of plastic containers a lot.
Everyone is very friendly and respectful.
The hardest part I think it would be working alone when you're closing if you're left with a lot of racks to do and not given enough time to finish because it'll cause the morning people to falll behind the next day. ( i feel like we should have 2 wrappers during closing or else have a wrapper that works mid shift so there isnt a gap btw hours).
The most enjoyable part is working with your coworkers if theyre chill and friendly so it makes things less boring.
Pros
Understanding managers willing to help all departments if they're falling behind
Cons
Working alone and making sure everything is done at the certain time
Managers were very kind and professional
Clerical Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJune 11, 2018
Researched and resolved Medicare Rejects, billed and filed of appeals directly with Medicare if my research warrants an appeal, reviewed of all Medicare correspondence .
Reporting
Bakery/Deli Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJune 11, 2018
My job revolves around running reports for sales and to obtain inventory numbers for SKU rationalizing, fulfill orders and watch levels to avoid spoilage/aged inventory. Reports are reviewed by management, Category Merchandising and Sales Consultants. As needed I work with Brokers/Vendors to obtain promotions for our retailers. As needed I help with projects and food show preparation.
Pros
Enjoy co-wokers, learning new things and helping others
Cons
Stuck doing the same thing
It was a great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 11, 2018
I learned a lot of things like stocking.I went to different departments and learned different things. I met new people and regular customers. I dealt with WIC, which I started to hate as customers were getting the wrong ounces.
Cons
scheduling
Not enough qualified workers
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 10, 2018
i work too much and don't get enough money. they rely on me to much and its stressful. The management needs to change. Not strict enough. I have to come in on my days off just to make sure things are right.
Okay paying job long hours
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Denver, PAJune 10, 2018
The job is easy if your used to constantly moving long hours are not the best but the pay makes up for it good benefits cheap insurance. It’s a union so that’s a plus
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Nice and quiet, but very weak in terms of training
Grocery Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 9, 2018
Worked overnight for 2-3 months, but I received very minimal training which made work difficult. Paid nicely and had very flexible scheduling. Overnight had little to no work considering it was usually empty, but when it came to it I had no idea what I was supposed to do without having to ask a Manager on Duty.
Pros
Paid for 15 minute breaks, nice pay, very flexible.
Cons
No training for overnight, manager was a very weak leader role, etc.
good
Custodian and Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 7, 2018
This was a good job.
The job description is a critical document for every position. A good job description performs a number of important functions:
It describes the skills and competencies that are needed to perform the role;
It defines where the job fits within the overall company hierarchy;
It is used as the basis for the employment contract; and
It is a valuable performance management tool.
pros
cons
productive environment
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 6, 2018
enjoyed this work place. Ive learned and gained a lots within my two years prior to leaving. From a warehouse associate to team lead/supervisor. Good pay
physical, fast paced, very demanding
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 6, 2018
the hours weren't consistent. casuals don't receive benefits until after a year , no time off or vacations. everyone does the same job but not everyone is paid the same.
Nice Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 5, 2018
Very adult atmosphere, great place to work! I enjoyed being there. I don't have much to say about it. You have to see for yourself. You'll probably love it
ok
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJune 4, 2018
company was downsizing
i did correspondence so faxes were always coming
i didnt learn nothing i already knew how to do
work place was quite
there was no hard about the position
Pros
quiet
Cons
no headphones
Work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 4, 2018
Call center taking call consistently, no call work as well
learning something new on a daily basic due to the change that are made regularly
management is great are there when you need them
Workplace can be stressful if you let it but you always busy from the start of your shift to the end of your shift
hardest is arriving
the people you work with are great
Variety of experience available
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJune 4, 2018
Big company with many functional areas to experience. Lots of opportunity to try something new.
Chaotic environment with poor medical insurance and pay. Not a team culture. Management doesn't tend to recognize effort.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Work Life Balance
Worst Job Ever!!!!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJune 3, 2018
Consistent downsizing has lead to the staff being overloaded. Company has a very dated approach where women and minorities aren't promoted. There are hardly any women or minorities in leadership positions and has never been. The environment is a every man for them self which leads to a lot of finger pointing.
Great place to learn new skills
Technical Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 2, 2018
Working in the data center there is no such thing as a "typical day". You can be presented with many different challenges on every shift which keeps it interesting. You also are able to learn a tremendous amount, everything from networking, monitoring tools, coding and troubleshooting.
Great place to learn and grow your career
Corporate Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 1, 2018
I spent four wonderful years at this location. I position got more intense each year I was there but I learned a lot. The company also allowed me to go back to college to get my MBA. Overall, it was a great experience.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Very demanding leadership. No internal resources to learn new skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SuperValu Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss