Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

It's an agency...
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 14, 2018
I did agency work for them to earn extra money when my husband went back to school. I was able to pick and choose my days and could decline placements as desired. I never met anyone from the agency in person, everything was done over the phone. Even though I haven't worked for them in 8 years, they STILL call me all the time, despite having asked them to stop numerous times over the years. I believe they also sold my info to other agencies that also call me. You can't shake them!
October 15, 2018

Thank you for posting a review and sharing your experience with SHC. We try our best to provide exceptional service, but sometimes we do fall short and appreciate the opportunity to correct things. In terms of you not ever meeting anyone in person, we always like to meet our great healthcare professionals; however, we understand that sometimes they don't live in areas where we have an office. Because we have a travel division, we have created an online program that allows people to sign up and manage assignments without having to go to an office. However, even in those cases, one of our SHC representatives should have been in regular contact with you. If that didn't happen, we are sorry.

We also reach out to former employees from time to time to see if their circumstances have changed and if they would like to be considered for an assignment. If you want to be completely removed from our database, we understand. Please call 888-265-1068 and give us your contact information and we will remove you from our system. And finally, we want to assure you that we never sell or give your information to any third-party agencies. That is a strict policy of SHC, and we hold your information strictly confidential and private. Again, we appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to try and create a better ending to your SHC experience.

Need Diversity Training
Senior Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 11, 2018
The Company list Core Values but based upon what I saw from Upper Management, I didn't see the values in any members of Upper Management.

They could definitely use a course in Diversity Training. When you ask a question of Management, they tell you to do it because they said so, that is not acceptable nor is it a way to speak to any of your direct reports.

The bullying (verbal and non verbal) should never be tolerated.
Pros
Cons
Training for Management
October 17, 2018

We want to thank you for your valued feedback, and want you to know that we will notify the appropriate management of your concerns, including our Executive Team. We take all communicated concerns and feedback very seriously, and absolutely do not tolerate “bullying” at any level. If we are not informed of situations where bullying has taken place, we are not able to address this serious matter. Any additional information you may be able to provide to us will assist us with taking necessary action. You can either provide any additional detailed information you'd like to include to feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com,

Interesting and activive placemet availablity
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, OKNovember 13, 2018
Traveling the State was a bonus, as I was working also and paid for services as well, Management came through for my request to try a 13 week placement.. To which I was hired by company I was contracted out to......
Pros
Being out of previous locality but still in Oklahoma.
Cons
Lived in Mid West City and had to purchase a better car for driving long distances to work sites....
November 29, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you were happy with your placement and experience at SHC. We look forward to working with you in the future should you decide to travel again.

Don’t waste your time
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Office staffSeptember 7, 2018
Since a chance in upper management many departments are unraveling and unorganized. Terrible senior leadership and toxic environment. Poor communication and a lot of favoritism. Those that work hard aren’t appreciated. This wasn’t always the way things were but since these changes not a secure place to be. Company is going to lose great employees because they leave bad management not bad jobs.
Pros
Coworkers are great.
Cons
Senior management in certain departments do not care about or listen to the employees
September 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel supported in your career here at Supplemental Health Care. It is our goal to foster career growth and opportunity throughout our company in all positions. If you would be willing to send us more detail about your experience please email us at feedback@supplemelementalhealthcare.com. We appreciate the feedback you provide to help us continue to improve.

career opportunities to explore different work opportunities
LVN Rooming/Desk Nurse TCH Kingsland (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Worked as an LVN in lots of different types of jobs as a contract Nurse for the Juvenile prison, surgery center, elementary / High schools and Texas children's Clinics. Broadened my work experiences and skills. Worked according to my availability most jobs. Workplace management, all staff courteous and helpful during all my interactions with the office and always treated with respect.
Staff eager to find an answer to any of my questions and always had someone to help with solutions to any problems.
Pros
Flexible scheduling ability as contract nurse
Cons
Not able to increase pay while contract.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your kind review! We are always happy to help explore new opportunities and settings when possible and it is wonderful to read how you have been able to broaden your work experience through SHC. Thank you for choosing us as your career partner, we hope to continue to work with you in the future.

not an easy [place to work each assignment was a different type of Therapy
staff pen therapist (Former Employee) –  different every assignmentAugust 29, 2018
I was a PRN P.T. so I did not interact with other staff as supplemental Health car. I was assigned to a different place every week allover Dallas. Some were fun and some were difficult. Not always busy. It was not easy to go from LTC/SNFs, to acute hospital, to Out Patient, to one man clinics to 2o therapist rehab hospitals, to behavior hospitals.
Pros
good pay, varied experiences
Cons
sometime had to drive over 1 1/2 hours to work.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. PRN can be tough and we greatly appreciate your willingness and dedication to a variety of PRN positions in multiple settings and locations. Thank you for all that you do as a Physical Therapist, we hope to be your choice as a career partner again in the future.

Great Company to Work For
SENIOR RECRUITING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 13, 2018
I've been at Supplemental for a year and they have been fantastic to work for. At first I was afraid of the lower base but the commission bonuses are VERY VERY generous.

Its a really great opportunity for anyone willing to put the time in.

I highly recommend you apply here.
Pros
Great coworkers, fun environment
Cons
can be stressful at times
November 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are happy to have you as part of the SHC family!

Endless job opportunities
RN (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2018
Very dependable company, paid on time. Only issue I had was that I was traveling with my family and we had to stay in a hotel for an entire 13 week assignment. Not fun when working nights with 4 people and a dog in a tiny hotel room. I should have maybe went with a company that had apartments ready available for thier travelers. They have sent me links to places to stay but they either are for 1 person, unfurnished, dont allow pets or are $700 a week. Other than that, it's been good☺
Pros
competitive pay and plenty of assignments
Cons
Housinh
August 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with housing while on assignment. It is our goal to make sure our travelers have everything they need while on assignment and it sounds like we didn't come through for you on this one. We are constantly trying to improve our services, if you would send us a few more details to feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to look into this further so that we can be of more help to you and others with housing in the future.

Over worked and underpaid
Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 30, 2018
In my position you were the bottom of the totem pole while the recruiters are viewed as Gods. I worked hard every day to get nurses to work, setting them up for appointments and anything else they needed help with in order to start their assignment. Each nurse that starts is money in the manager and recruiters pocket as well as a weekly bonus based on the contract. No bonus for compliance and in the 3yrs I was I got ONE annual salary increase. For all the stress and anxiety this job caused, I wish the pay would reflect that.
Great place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2018
I'm currently employed with SHC and I love it! The managers go out they way if anything is wrong. A company that is actually for me! I'm excited to go to different assignments and learn new things and continue to grow in my field.
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
No cons
November 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are happy to be on your team and look forward to continuing to be your career partner.

I enjoyed my experience
Travel LPN (Former Employee) –  Sterling, CONovember 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Supplemental Healthcare. It gave me the opportunity to travel across country and work inside a prison and gain lots of experience. Also gave me the opportunity to visit places I had never been to. Truly the experience of a lifetime.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience traveling with SHC. We hope to work with you again in the future!

This has not been a good experience!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTSeptember 30, 2018
This agency was deceptive about the salary. I was led to believe I would make $5.00 more an hour than what I actually made. I was also assured that my work schedule would be 3 twelves, in a row and not a day here then there. This hasn't happened either.
October 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all of our reviews seriously and would like to look into your experience with SHC further. If you would be willing to send more detail to feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com we would greatly appreciate it. We want to assure you that the experience you described is not our company standard. Thank you for providing the feedback we need to continue to improve.

Internal Staff
Nursing Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2018
This is such a rewarding job and company, the only hard part has been poor management hires within the last two years. Micromanagement can become exhausting at times but most management backs up when you ask them to.
The clients we work with are amazing and the staff are even better. It is really easy to do your job when the company offers so many perks to the clinicians.
Pros
Great perks for talent - makes our job really easy
Cons
Metrics and micromanagement, poor management/leadership at times.
Good company when things are going their way
Employee (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTDecember 12, 2018
Good company when things are going their way. When they are not they are very meticulous.

Need to take a closer look at who they hire and bottom line salary. Some hires with no experience are paid more than those with years of experience.
Good career opportunity
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2018
Supplemental is a travel agency that staffs all 50 states. It is a great opportunity to travel to other locations. The recruiters work hard to make sure nurses are taken care of.
Pros
Give gas cards, treat nurses fairly
Cons
Not enough contracts in certain areas
September 21, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We know you have a choice in the agency you work with, thank you for choosing SHC as your career partner.

Perfect workplace and great managers
Physical Therapist Assistant PRN (Current Employee) –  St.Louis, MOJune 18, 2018
I really enjoy working in one of the locations I work on saturdays, it’s a rehabilitation hospital in st.louis and management and co workers are great there, I never found that facility hard to work in, although maybe some kinds of conflicts with the nursing staff occasionally but therapy department is great .
Pros
Friendly co workers, great manager
supplemental health care
RN (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 16, 2018
This is a traveler agency for RN/ medical staff- they perform adequately, my benefits are barely adequate. They respond favorably to my requests, and have found me adequate employment so far.
Pros
good recruiter
Cons
average pay and benefits
November 29, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. Feedback like yours is needed to help us continue to improve our services to and partnership with our healthcare professionals. We would greatly appreciate some additional detail about why you feel your benefits are not as adequate as they could be. If you are willing, please emails us at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com. Thank you again for your review.

CONTRACT NURSE (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 19, 2018
Great place to work; however, as a surgical tech, there is no opportunity for advancement. I performed a few contracts a two different medical treatment facilities. I enjoyed my work.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay was not great
November 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all that you do and are happy to have you as part of the SHC family.

agency work pays!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Castle Hayne, NCAugust 26, 2018
Agency work for LPN pays much better then most full-time positions. Flexibility of work locations and scheduling is a bonus. No hassles of dealing with the usual nuances as a full-time staff member.
Pros
money travel
Cons
no job security
August 28, 2018

Thank you for your review. We understand that you have a choice in what agency you work with and are thankful you have chosen us as your career partner.

overall good place to work for travel nurses
Contract Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2018
They have multiple opportunities to travel multiple places. Enjoyable to work with overall. Staffing Managers could be a little better with finding opportunity that fit vs just trying to fill positions.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sad to hear that you have experienced something less than our best when finding the right contract. We pride ourselves on finding the right job for the right person and the right person for the job. If you would be willing to send us a few more details about your experience to feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you again for the feedback you provide to help us continue to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight