Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

Travel nurse
Traveling ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CASeptember 14, 2018
I worked with them as a travel nurse. I had good pay on my assignment. I'm still in contact with my recruiter. I'd take another assignment with them.
September 17, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your assignment with us and look forward to working with you again in the future. Thank you for choosing us as your career partner.

ok company
RN (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLSeptember 11, 2018
worked there a while ago, seemed ok. i don't have a clue how or where they operate now, but they seem to be the only show around. so if you need to go agency, i suppose you would go to them.
September 17, 2018

Thank you for your review. We have 30 office locations across the states and staff nationwide. You can find our locations and their contact information here https://www.shccares.com/office-locations We hope to be your agency of choice again in the future.

Productive and fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 8, 2018
Everyone in the company was polite. Worked with you. Always had availability for different sites. Persistent on sending you out to various locations. They also gave bonuses.
September 11, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear of your experience working with SHC and hope to be able to work with you again in the future.

Don’t waste your time
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Office staffSeptember 7, 2018
Since a chance in upper management many departments are unraveling and unorganized. Terrible senior leadership and toxic environment. Poor communication and a lot of favoritism. Those that work hard aren’t appreciated. This wasn’t always the way things were but since these changes not a secure place to be. Company is going to lose great employees because they leave bad management not bad jobs.
Pros
Coworkers are great.
Cons
Senior management in certain departments do not care about or listen to the employees
September 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel supported in your career here at Supplemental Health Care. It is our goal to foster career growth and opportunity throughout our company in all positions. If you would be willing to send us more detail about your experience please email us at feedback@supplemelementalhealthcare.com. We appreciate the feedback you provide to help us continue to improve.

career opportunities to explore different work opportunities
LVN Rooming/Desk Nurse TCH Kingsland (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Worked as an LVN in lots of different types of jobs as a contract Nurse for the Juvenile prison, surgery center, elementary / High schools and Texas children's Clinics. Broadened my work experiences and skills. Worked according to my availability most jobs. Workplace management, all staff courteous and helpful during all my interactions with the office and always treated with respect.
Staff eager to find an answer to any of my questions and always had someone to help with solutions to any problems.
Pros
Flexible scheduling ability as contract nurse
Cons
Not able to increase pay while contract.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your kind review! We are always happy to help explore new opportunities and settings when possible and it is wonderful to read how you have been able to broaden your work experience through SHC. Thank you for choosing us as your career partner, we hope to continue to work with you in the future.

No career advancements
Admin (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2018
No placements for advancements, growth or pay. I would never recommend anyone to work here unless they needed it. I would highly suggest to move along.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel supported or encouraged to grow within our company. It is our goal to use the feedback we receive to improve, if you would be willing to send additional details about your experience with SHC to feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com we would greatly appreciate that.

not an easy [place to work each assignment was a different type of Therapy
staff pen therapist (Former Employee) –  different every assignmentAugust 29, 2018
I was a PRN P.T. so I did not interact with other staff as supplemental Health car. I was assigned to a different place every week allover Dallas. Some were fun and some were difficult. Not always busy. It was not easy to go from LTC/SNFs, to acute hospital, to Out Patient, to one man clinics to 2o therapist rehab hospitals, to behavior hospitals.
Pros
good pay, varied experiences
Cons
sometime had to drive over 1 1/2 hours to work.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. PRN can be tough and we greatly appreciate your willingness and dedication to a variety of PRN positions in multiple settings and locations. Thank you for all that you do as a Physical Therapist, we hope to be your choice as a career partner again in the future.

overall good place to work for travel nurses
Contract Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2018
They have multiple opportunities to travel multiple places. Enjoyable to work with overall. Staffing Managers could be a little better with finding opportunity that fit vs just trying to fill positions.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sad to hear that you have experienced something less than our best when finding the right contract. We pride ourselves on finding the right job for the right person and the right person for the job. If you would be willing to send us a few more details about your experience to feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you again for the feedback you provide to help us continue to improve.

agency work pays!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Castle Hayne, NCAugust 26, 2018
Agency work for LPN pays much better then most full-time positions. Flexibility of work locations and scheduling is a bonus. No hassles of dealing with the usual nuances as a full-time staff member.
Pros
money travel
Cons
no job security
August 28, 2018

Thank you for your review. We understand that you have a choice in what agency you work with and are thankful you have chosen us as your career partner.

its an ok company to work for
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2018
I like working for them. wish they had more jobs to book you with. my contact is very nice and works hard to get me booked with as many jobs as possible
August 28, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate the feedback you provide to help us continue to improve.

Endless job opportunities
RN (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2018
Very dependable company, paid on time. Only issue I had was that I was traveling with my family and we had to stay in a hotel for an entire 13 week assignment. Not fun when working nights with 4 people and a dog in a tiny hotel room. I should have maybe went with a company that had apartments ready available for thier travelers. They have sent me links to places to stay but they either are for 1 person, unfurnished, dont allow pets or are $700 a week. Other than that, it's been good☺
Pros
competitive pay and plenty of assignments
Cons
Housinh
August 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with housing while on assignment. It is our goal to make sure our travelers have everything they need while on assignment and it sounds like we didn't come through for you on this one. We are constantly trying to improve our services, if you would send us a few more details to feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to look into this further so that we can be of more help to you and others with housing in the future.

Flexible for my life, great recruter!!!
RN Traveler (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2018
My recruter was fantastic! I always had a job when I wanted one, and in the locations I was hoping for. Pay was competetive. Benefits were good for a travel company.
August 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that we were able to support your career goals and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Great second job!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 5, 2018
This is a great place to go threw if you need hours. Flexible time slots. This job requires you to have your own transportation and be able to fill in where ever they need help. The people are very nice.
August 21, 2018

We appreciate your kind review and are grateful to have been able to assist you with per diem work. We look forward to working with you more in the future.

Good organization, care about staff
PRN (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 30, 2018
Good company to work for. They try to get the hours asked for. Send me to good buildings to do PRN work. They work to send me to buildings I ask for on a regular basis.
Pros
good staff, good company
Cons
Sometimes difficult to get the hours wanted.
August 21, 2018

Thank you so much for the review. We hope to be able to continue to assist you with PRN work as long as you would like.

Friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 23, 2018
The staff at Supplemental are friendly and personable. Pay there is average. Finding anything other than travel contract work is difficult. They have an employee referral program.
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to find the ideal local contract with us. We are happy to be a part of your team and will keep looking for that perfect match.

Great Jobs
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2018
They can find all different travel jobs for you, always got great jobs from them. It is a great place to work for and the money is great too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great jobs, great locations
Cons
Everything was wonderful no cons
July 24, 2018

We appreciate your wonderful review! We are always so happy to hear that we're finding the right jobs for the right person!

Dynamic, with oppurtunities to work with therapists with fresh approaches.
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Way, OHJuly 11, 2018
Alternative job placement in competitive market. Great recruiter. Advantages: Continuous diverse job placement, with changing environments to continue professional growth.
July 16, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are lucky to be a part of your team.

Work.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2018
I like the Flexibility of the job, however I don't like the entire week of shifts being cancelled, meaning no pay for the week. Over all relaxed job and cool pay.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
I don't like getting cancelled from shifts the day before
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the flexibility of working with Supplemental Health Care and understand your concern about cancellations. If you would like to email us a few more details at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com we would be happy to look into this a bit further.

Company doesn't care about employees that are not recruiters
Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 9, 2018
This company does not support or care for any employee that is not a staffing recruiter. Would not recommend this company unless you are an allied health professional.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been a good one and would like to look into this more. If you are willing we would love to receive additional details about your experience at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com. At Supplemental Health Care we aim to put people first, we thank you for the feedback and want to ensure you that this kind of experience is not our standard practice.

Summary
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
At supplement nursing agency. I worked ICU area, PACU, and short stay. Supplemental offered me great place. I worked all shifts and day as for without every been canceled
Pros
Work was always available
Cons
The pay could have been better
July 16, 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are glad to hear you had a good experience while on assignment through us and hope to work with you again in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight