Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

Work.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2018
I like the Flexibility of the job, however I don't like the entire week of shifts being cancelled, meaning no pay for the week. Over all relaxed job and cool pay.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
I don't like getting cancelled from shifts the day before
Company doesn't care about employees that are not recruiters
Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 9, 2018
This company does not support or care for any employee that is not a staffing recruiter. Would not recommend this company unless you are an allied health professional.
Summary
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
At supplement nursing agency. I worked ICU area, PACU, and short stay. Supplemental offered me great place. I worked all shifts and day as for without every been canceled
Pros
Work was always available
Cons
The pay could have been better
great culture and committed to improving
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 3, 2018
lots of positive changes in tools and resources. CEO and her team must have listened to suggestions from office employees; fast-paced work but that is staffing; leadership team working on improving culture at all levels of company - really tring to put people first it seems
Over worked and underpaid
Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 30, 2018
In my position you were the bottom of the totem pole while the recruiters are viewed as Gods. I worked hard every day to get nurses to work, setting them up for appointments and anything else they needed help with in order to start their assignment. Each nurse that starts is money in the manager and recruiters pocket as well as a weekly bonus based on the contract. No bonus for compliance and in the 3yrs I was I got ONE annual salary increase. For all the stress and anxiety this job caused, I wish the pay would reflect that.
It was an okay place to work.
Payroll and Billing Processor (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 22, 2018
Work week: Monday through Wednesday were focused on payroll. The rest of the week was focused on collections and AP. The entire week when needed I did customer service.
Internal Staff
Nursing Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2018
This is such a rewarding job and company, the only hard part has been poor management hires within the last two years. Micromanagement can become exhausting at times but most management backs up when you ask them to.
The clients we work with are amazing and the staff are even better. It is really easy to do your job when the company offers so many perks to the clinicians.
Pros
Great perks for talent - makes our job really easy
Cons
Metrics and micromanagement, poor management/leadership at times.
Perfect workplace and great managers
Physical Therapist Assistant PRN (Current Employee) –  St.Louis, MOJune 18, 2018
I really enjoy working in one of the locations I work on saturdays, it’s a rehabilitation hospital in st.louis and management and co workers are great there, I never found that facility hard to work in, although maybe some kinds of conflicts with the nursing staff occasionally but therapy department is great .
Pros
Friendly co workers, great manager
I had a good working relationship with my recuiter
LVN Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
They were very employee oriented. I worked in corrections for them, and I liked it. the hardest part was getting everything needed to get started. they help me find the information I needed to get started.
Pros
Flexable schedule. goog recruiters
Control over where to work
Physical Therapist Assistant- Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 18, 2018
The staff is very understanding about when you need time off, and if you have a specific place you prefer to work at or you don't wish to work at. The staff is friendly, caring, appreciative, and understanding.
Pros
Control over where to work
Cons
Not always guaranteed hours
no comment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 14, 2018
really nothing to say. There was never work when I wanted to work. Hopefully they are doing much better now. I doubt that I would go back to work for them.
June 15, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We take all of our reviews seriously and would like to get a few more details on your experience with us. If you could email us at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com with some additional information we would greatly appreciate that. We do our very best to make sure our nurses have good contract matches that meet their needs and career goals and are sorry to hear we were not able to do so for you. Whether with us or with someone else we wish you all the best in your nursing career.

SHC Review
STAFFING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 7, 2018
A good company to work for, however they offer little room for career advancement. Benefits are good. I feel like I've exhausted my time/growth that I can achieve here.
June 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sad to hear that you don't feel there is room for growth and would greatly appreciate a few more details about why you feel that way. If you could email us directly at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com we would greatly appreciate that. We value everyone who works for us and want to make sure you feel supported and encouraged in your career with Supplemental Health Care.

Engage helpful employees
Physician Assistant, Locum (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 31, 2018
Good assignments, but communication could be improved between the recruiters, assignment companies and assignment staff to ensure seamless transitions for locum assignments.
June 1, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are constantly looking for ways to improve communication and staff satisfaction. If you would like to, please send us some more details on your experience to feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com. We greatly appreciate all feedback and are happy to be a part of your team.

It was a great contract company
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with Supplemental Health Care - it was a great contract company. I only left because I decided to have a family and needed the stability of working in one close location.
June 1, 2018

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy to have been able to be a part of your team and wish you all the luck with your family.

Daily Duties
LVN/LPN (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 24, 2018
Passing medications to inmates. I really learned how to be patient with inmates coming from different backgrounds. I really enjoyed the job. There was not anything hard about the job.
Pros
Atonomy
Cons
Time in Traffic
June 1, 2018

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your assignment with us and thank you so much for the great review. We hope to be able work with you again in the future.

Supplemental Health Care
Senior Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2018
Enjoy working with the people on my team. Management has made some changes that have negatively impacted the pay and bonus structure. Good amount of paid time off.
May 21, 2018

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you enjoy working with your team. We would love to get some more details about the changes put in place by management that you mentioned, if you could email us at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com that would be greatly appreciated.

LVN - Clinic (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasMay 16, 2018
Staff there are caring and supportive. They help you find work and keep you busy. I love working for this company. they have Christmas parties. Also Thanksgiving parties.
Pros
Christmas and Thanksgiving parties
Cons
None that I can think of
May 21, 2018

Thank you so much for the great review! We are happy that you feel supported in your career goals. Thanks for letting us be on your team!

Shc
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2018
Overall good company to work for. If you are hungry and want to grow your business you are in the right place. Those that want a typical 9 to 5 and collect a pay check don't come here.
May 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience. We always appreciate feedback from our employees.

Productive energetic environment
BRANCH OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 7, 2018
Intense training for the first month or so but once you get into the actual role, you sill more that appreciate how well you have been prepared. Monthly bonus structure promotes a work hard environment
Pros
Abilty to make a great income
Cons
training is tough
May 14, 2018

We appreciate your positive review and are happy to hear that you felt prepared and encouraged through our initial training program. We are continuously working to improve our training and resources available to our team members. If you would like to send us some additional feedback on the training you received we would greatly appreciate it. You can email us directly at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com.

High Turnover, lots of Management changes
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
People would get fired left and right without a lot of reason. Some really great people at SHC. New CEO brought in all new people.. good stepping stone job. Pay is low.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Pay
May 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We value all of our employees and are glad to hear that you were able to work with some of our best in Dallas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight