Supplemental Health Care

United States604 reviews

Supplemental Health Care insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fun workplace with free ping pong.

In addition to the free ping pong, every second Thursday afternoon is beachwear afternoon. Employees are encouraged to bring in beach balls, surfboards and flippers to wear as we show pics and movies of our vacations.

Pros

Free lunches, etc.

Cons

Short breaks, healthcare, etc.

what happened!!

have been a travel nurse with supplemental health now for 3 years, and the first two years were great, good communication, good pay. I dont know what happened but i can never get hold of my recruiter anymore, rarely calls me. Trying to get a new contract and have had no response from my recruiter for 3 days now. So I have no choice to look elsewhere!!

Pros

Used to be a great travel company to work for.

Cons

no communication, no help with next travel contract, very hard to get a reply from anyone

Great experience.

I have been working for this company for almost 2 years. My recruiter is very supportive. My recruiter encourages me to use all of my skills and is very responsive to emails, text and phone calls. My recruiter makes sure that any obstacles are obsolete when it comes to uniforms and housing (reimbursed) promptly. Always has my next assignment ready early.

Pros

Great facilities and friends that I've met along the way.

January 17, 2022
Thank you for your wonderful review. We're so happy that your recruiter is such a good fit and we're lucky to have you as part of the SHC team!

Fun & rewarding place

Temp pay for 3 months- then interview to be perm after you’ve already been doing the job and recruiting nurses.. kinda backwards to me. Managers and co workers are friendly and always boosting morale in the office. Would like the opportunity to work remotely

December 15, 2021
We appreciate your kind review and are happy to have you as part of the SHC team!

Only if you need extra cash

It's a pay check , but a paycheck you can get somewhere else with less pressure . It is a extremely stressful job , the worst thing about the job is not finding any qualifying candidate that wants to work .

Pros

Remote .

Cons

No room to grow, manager does not care about you, extremely stressful

December 6, 2021
We're sorry to hear of your experience with your manager and would like to look into this more. If you would be willing to email us at feedback@shccares.com we would greatly appreciate the oportunitiy to better support you.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Great

Supportive, willing to work with you, responsive, get paid on time, great compensation, employee appreciation, open communication, varying assignments

December 6, 2021
Thank you so much for your kind review, we're lucky to have you as part of the SHC team.

Great team, lower pay contracts

I’ve worked with supplemental Health Care for almost 2 years, the compliance team and the recruiter I work with are the best out of any company I have ever worked for.. the contracts aren’t always the highest pay weekly at the locations I work, but I’m willing to sacrifice weekly pay for an excellent team

Pros

Great compliance team, great recruiter

Cons

Lower contracts than other agencies

November 8, 2021
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're lucky to have you as part of the SHC team!

Good people, terrible work

No work life balance, they make you temp for the first 3 (or until you achieve a certain quota, which could take even longer) months so you don't receive any of your bonus pay. It basically just is not fun work. Upper management is continuously hounding you to make (and exceed) quotas on a daily basis. It is stressful and the hours are long. The people are nice though

November 3, 2021
We take all of our reviews to heart and would like the opportunity to learn a little more about your expeirence working with us. If you would be willing to email us at feedback@shccares.com we would greatly appreciate it.

Allows you to choose contracts.

The company hires you to work for other companies. Offers insurance benefits as well. Working a 13 week contract allows for different experiences. You have a personal representative that you can call to handle situations.

October 18, 2021
Thank you for your review. We're lucky to have had the chance to work with you and hope to work with you again in the future.

Worst company

They don't stand behind their employees, they will terminate you without proof no matter how long you've been employed with them. Terrible company!!!!

Pros

Good recruiters

Cons

Non-supportive

October 11, 2021
It is our policy and practice to support all of the healthcare professionals we work with. We are concerned by your review and would like the opportunity to look into this further - please email us at feedback@shccares.com to continue this conversation.

It’s okay

Good advancements and okay management. Use it to get you where to go and move on. Then try to push forward. Not so bad and it gets you where you need to be.

October 4, 2021
We appreciate all feedback and would like to continue this conversation about your experience working with SHC. If you would be willing to email us at feedback@shccares.com with additional detail we would greatly appreciate that. It is feedback like yours that allows us to continue improving our service and support for all of our healthcare professionals on assignment.

Nonproductive

I would give 0 stars if I could. Don’t worm for them.. they’re insulting and disrespectful.. there isn’t any positive reinforcement..I could go on and on

Pros

Cons

One hand doesn’t know what the other is doing

December 6, 2021
We take all of our reviews seriously and are concerned by your comments. If you would be willing to email us at feedback@shccares.com we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience working with SHC. What you have described is not our policy or standard practice here at SHC. We want to support all of our staff fully with respect and gratitude.

Recruiters are nice and really care about their nurses

Recruiters are nice and care about their workers. They do tend to have turn around with the recruiters though. The recruiters are really knowledgeable of the paperwork that you need and your physicals and bloodwork to get started.

September 21, 2021
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We hope to be able to continue working with you well into the future!

Used to be great and now ....

I have worked for supplemental for many years and when I first started it was great because they used to have many job opportunities and now not as much.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

not enough work available

September 21, 2021
We're sorry to hear about your recent experience finding placement through us. If you would like to continue this conversation please email us at feedback@shccares.com, we'd love the opportunity to learn how we can better serve you in your career.

Great Company

Has good recruiters and their alway willing to find the right assignment that fits your needs and wants. Try happy with my experience with this agency compared to other companies.

September 7, 2021
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We hope to be able to work with you again in the future.

Terrible

Pay and benefits are really low. Little support from staff and no direction. You have to learn and figure out how to do things on your own. Need to do better with directing new staff.

Cons

Pay and benefits

August 30, 2021
We take all feedback seriously and would like to learn more about your experience working with SHC. If you would be willing to email us additional details at feedback@shccares.com we would greatly appreciate that. It is feedback like yours that enables us to continue to improve.

Very easy going. Responsive to calls. Always has my back.

I love working for this company, my staffing manager is amazing and responds quickly to any calls, texts or emails I send. They are extremely flexible especially when working PD. I can take vacation any time, and work as much or little as I please. The pay is not the best from other agencies but still much better than facilities in house staff. I also feel like they care about me and always have my back if the place I'm staffed attempts to break contract. Also I get gifts for Christmas, nurses week, and randomly throughout the year. They're not huge gifts but socks, bags, and gift cards are always nice.

Pros

Quick and responsive. Caring managers.

Cons

Pay could be better

August 17, 2021
Thank you for your wonderful review! We're proud to have you as part of the SHC family!

Work "family"

Supplemental is a huge company, but in your department you really do get the support that you need not to feel like a nameless cog in a wheel. It can get stressful on a Friday afternoon when everyone is frantically waiting for documents from nurses, but most of the time its pretty chill.

Pros

hour long lunch

Cons

they will try to get you to work in 3 departments and only pay you for one

August 3, 2021
We appreciate your reveiw and are glad that you enjoyed your time with SHC.

Everyone was very professional and personable to work with.

Recruiters work well in placing me on assignment that improved my skills and flexible to accommodate my schedule. Great working for Supplemental Health Care. Will recommend other to joint their team.

Pros

Easy to work for with care staff members.

Cons

None.

July 26, 2021
Thank you for your kind review! We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

Steady and continuous employment, incentives, nice ppl to work for, excellent pay.

A very good place to work when I worked for them. Supplemental was in Merriam, Kansas at the time I was employed. I know some of the staff left and management may be different. I believe there was a turn over and the change difference now compared to when I worked for them may be even better. Supplemental gave me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills. My input was valued and ideas were acknowledged. The staff was open and honest. They were also very accommodating and supportive.

Pros

Salary was decent, continuous employment, respectful, nice and supportive staff.

Cons

Agency employer, benefits poor.

July 26, 2021
We sincerly appreciate your detailed review and are lucky to have had you as part of the SHC team!

Supportive recruiters

Worked here for a few years. The recruiters do their best to find you well paying assignments. They are always available and responsive when you need them.

July 26, 2021
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are lucky to have been a part of your career!

Common questions about Supplemental Health Care

Answered by current and former employees at Supplemental Health Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight