Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

United States652 reviews

recruitershcassignmentcontracttravelnurseagencytherapist

Just Ok….

I really don’t have anything great or anything bad to say it’s just your run-of-the-mill staffing company for healthcare facilities. Not many contracts to choose from.

Supportive management & great sense of team!

Excellent communication with recruiters, supervisors, and upper management. Supportive of clinical staff. Continual training and education. Competitive pay.

Supplemental Health Care insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great agency

Great agency to work for. Recruiter is always available when needed and also checks in to see how things are going. Transparent with pay and benefits.

What is the best part of working at the company?Excellent assistance from Brittney GrayWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing at all. Work ethic is wonderful What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great communication amongst my go to person and myself. She always checked in on me. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Ensure I get my hours throughout the week

Great placement!

My supervisor and recruiter are great! They are there when I need them. My placement is wonderful. I love the school I work at! You also get paid weekly which is a plus!

Pros

Paid weekly, great placement, helpful support team!

Cons

Pay could be better especially since we don't get paid when there's school breaks or snow days.

January 10, 2023
Thank you so much for your review, we are lucky to have you as part of the SHC team!

What is the best part of working at the company?There was no good part working with Supplemental healthcare What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No support. Recruiters are horrible.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Sink or swim.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Like riding a bike on fire going downhill but, but there are no brakes. You can't jump of because you are strapped to the burning bike in the form of a contract.

January 10, 2023
We appreciate all feedback and would like to look further into your experience working with SHC. What you have described is not our standard of practice. If you would be willing to email us directly at feedback@shccares.com we would be grateful for the opportunity to address your concerns.

My recruiter was very nice knowledgeable and always helpful when I need it

They have a great management team, whenever I need it help with anything they were always available, and stepped in as needed with problem in clinical and payroll.

Pros

Everything was very good

January 10, 2023
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we know that we are lucky to have you as part of the SHC team!

What is the best part of working at the company?My recruiter called me every week to see how things were going. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Just lining up all the tests, finger prints , tec....What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great! They truly care for their clients.

January 10, 2023
We appreciate your wonderful review and know that we are lucky to have had you as part of the SHC team!

No culture. No security.

Corporate at it's finest. You don't mean anything to them unless they referred you themselves. No culture. No job security. Pitiful bonus structure..

Pros

Remote

January 10, 2023
We appreciate all feedback and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. It is our goal to make sure that everyone who works with SHC is fully supported and has all the tools they need to succeed. If you would be willing to email us directly at feedback@shccares.com we would greatly appreciate that.

Don't Start as a Temp Employee

I met all my goals, was half way through my starting contract with a promise that if I signed on 2 nurses in 90 days I'd get full time. But they then let me go 44 days on a Monday night. They never gave me a reason why, I hit my quotas and never missed a day and poof I was chopped liver.

December 5, 2022
We appreciate your feedback and would like to learn more about your experience with SHC. If you would be willing please email us at feedback@shccares.com, we would greatly appreciate any additional information you are willing to provide.

Low pay compared to other agency nurses and contacts are not great

The recruiter was very nice but gave him nothing to work with. The pay was very low for one of the assignments and in a very ghetto hospital. I took another assignment in another hospital that had low pay again compared to the other travelers and again in a ghetto hospital. Management also did not help the recruiter get contacts at better facilities to get extensions.

Benefits

Cons

low pay, bad assignments

November 16, 2022
We appreciate all reviews and would like the opportunity to look into your experience with SHC further. If you would be willing to email us at feedback@shccares.com with additional detail, we would be grateful.

What is the best part of working at the company?Prompt professional service. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Questionable insurance What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Inclusive and easy to communicate with. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Travel nurse , home health.

January 10, 2023
Thank you for your feedback. We would love the opportunity to give you additional detail on our insurance options while on contract with SHC. If interested please email us directly at feedback@shccares.com.

What is the best part of working at the company?working remotelyWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?you never have a day offWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful, micromanagedWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?over worked and long

January 10, 2023
We value all feedback and would like to be able to address your concerns directly. We pride ourselves on flexibility and strive to make sure we provide a good work life balance as well as the support all of our employees need to succeed. If you would be willing to provide further detail about your experience working with SHC to feedback@shccares.com we would greatly appreciate it.

This agency cost me thousands

My experience working with this agency was an absolute nightmare. I traveled 3,000 miles across the country for a job as a RN at a hospital that backed out of the contract 7 hours into my first day at work. Where was my recruiter or anyone at Supplemental when all of this happened? Unavailable. Was there any compensation for my travel, hours worked, or any offer of a comparable position? No.

October 17, 2022
We take all of our reviews seriously and would like the opportunity to look into your experience with SHC further. What you have described is not up to our standard of practice, if you would be willing to email us at feedback@shccares.com we would be grateful for the opportunity to address your concerns.

Recruiters

Communication is good with the right recruiter. Having a good recruiter will make or break it with this company. A lot lack communication and understanding of what happens in the field. They’ll decrease pay whenever they feel

September 28, 2022
Thank you for your review, we know that we are lucky to have you as part of the SHC team. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to reach out to us at feedback@shccares.com

Loved the assignment, horrible experience with payroll.

I worked for Supplemental for 9 years. When I started it was wonderful and I had regular contact with my manager. There was a huge organizational restructuring within the past two years and now the communication is terrible. In the last two years I also have had multiple issues with payroll not paying me on the correct day, not paying me sick time I had accrued and put in for, and poor communication when I tried to resolve the issue.

September 12, 2022
We take all of our reviews seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience working with SHC in more detail. If you would be willing to email us at feedback@shccares.com we would be greatful. What you have described is not our standard of practice.

Great opportunity to be part of a school culture

Appreciated the opportunity to work part time as an on-site educational diagnostician. Great encouragement from the company liaison. They partnered with a progressive school district. The work was very rewarding and fulfilling.

Pros

Weekly check ins with my recruiter, support offered to lighten my caseload.

Cons

Part time assignment required more hours than agreed to, no pay when school had breaks.

September 12, 2022
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are lucky to have been your chosen career partner!

Travel Nursing

My experience in Travel Nursing was a nightmare. I was lied to from the beginning of the process but didn't realize it until I was already in another state. I was not reimbursed for any of my travel expenses and was not paid what they told me I would be paid.

September 28, 2022
We appreciate your feedback here and would like the opportunity to look into this further. If you would email us directly at feedback@shccares.com we would be grateful. What you have described here is not our standard practice or policy.

Competitive pay

They offer a variety of settings you can work in. Always pleasant when I have to call with any questions or issues. Weekly pay is a bonus and reasonably priced health insurance.

September 8, 2022
We appreciate your wonderful review and are so greatful to have you as part of the SHC team!

Great to Work For

No complaints. Higher pay is available with different companies, but the experience was overall positive. The company is very supportive, though gives you freedom and does not micromanage.

Pros

Non-Micromanaging but Supportive

Cons

Not the best insurance policies, or guarantee of renewing position, but that is pretty common as a contractor.

August 17, 2022
We appreciate your review and are happy that you chose us as your career partner.

Great pay, flexible hours

Was a great place to pick up nursing assignments and the pay was fair. I wIrked for several companies with this travel agency and would work for them again.

Pros

Set up own schedule

Cons

Long hours of charting

July 28, 2022
We appreciate your review and are so glad you chose us as your career partner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight