Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

great place to work
Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  Ambler, PA 19002April 17, 2018
I learned a lot from the company I was contracted to through Supplemental. The team I worked for was caring and helpful. I enjoyed my assignments and saw many exciting cases. I met some amazing patients and co-workers.
Competitive workforce with a variety of experiences and locations.
Travel Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2018
Travel nurses must be able to adapt to change, and have strong leadership skills. Understanding and reviewing facility policies have shaped me into the experienced travel RN that I am. I enjoy traveling to different hospitals, and learning new techniques and advances in healthcare.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
No paid time off or sick time.
unorganized and unreliable staff.
Thoracic, breast, stm, and gynecology clinic nurse (Former Employee) –  travel agency buffalo nyApril 3, 2018
Would never work for this travel company again. Recruiters failed to return messages and phone calls. Payroll made repeat mistakes with my paychecks including just not paying me at all. Errors in contracts went unresolved. Would never suggest this company to anyone.
Pros
hourly pay was fair
Cons
very unorganized unprofessional company.
Competitive pay, considerate with PTOs
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 21, 2018
I was generously compensated by Supplemental Healthcare and they were very considerate of my requested PTOs. I was happy working for them. It's too bad that I didn't have a chance to work for them longer because my family had to relocate to the Midwest for my husband's job.
April 2, 2018

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that you had such a good experience while with us, good luck in your future endeavors!

pediactrics
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2018
It was five minutes before closing the clinic for lunch and a client and 4 children under the age of 4 had to receive mutliple vaccinations to each child from a co-worker. Instead of leaving and going to lunch I stayed with her to help hold the children to give them the vaccinations that they needed. I learned that working together, was much faster, better, safer, and it even cut down on time. I liked working with different types cultures and worked well with everyone. I cant say what the hardest part was but I can say it had many challenges.
Pros
dependable, flexible, humorus
Cons
I tend to take on more than I can handle in one day
temp ageny pays well
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2018
a typical work day is busy,magement is poor, work place culture is ok, haedest part of job is cross training,the most enjoyable is helping patients get their services
Pros
paid weekly, great pay rate
Cons
poor management, no conract to hire or full time positions
April 2, 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we are glad to hear that you felt you were compensated well. We do take all of our reviews seriously and would like to hear more details on your experience with management. If you could email us at feedback@supplementalhealthcare.com so that we can look into your concerns we would greatly appreciate it.

Do Not Work Here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 14, 2018
Do not work at SHC - Fresno Branch. If you are not a part of the management favorite people, then you'll be the one pick on and treated poor. It doesn't matter if you complain to HR or the Regional VP of your division, you feel the backlashes of the compliant one way or another. To Whom Ever looking to work here, please consider this as a warning.
Very happy with Supplemental
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arizona, New Mexico, IndianaMarch 13, 2018
I am a travel nurse and I have been working for Supplemental for a year and a half. My recruiters are amazing! They work hard to find me jobs where I want to go. The pay is comparable to other travel agencies. There is no paid time off or sick pay but they are able to negotiate that in with lower pay. There is only one travel agency that offers tuition reimbursement that I am aware of so the fact they don't is typical. My recruiters go out of their way to make me feel appreciated by giving me extra bonus points for their catalog. They also send me gifts when I work overtime. I hope to keep working for Supplemental for a long time!
Pros
Recruiters
Cons
No vacation or sick days
They don 't care about their employees
Admin (Former Employee) –  CorporateMarch 13, 2018
It's all about the all mighty dollar with this company. They care very little about the employee themselves. They say one thing and do another. Very unorganized!

Comment – March 14, 2018

I would have to agree with this review. My experience as well that this company cares very little about their support staff.

Supportive Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 9, 2018
Excellent Management ,It will be difficult for me to leave and I'm not sure I will unless the right opportunity arises. Supplemental values their employees and goes out of the way to offer support and they have never let me down in any matter.
Pros
Support
March 14, 2018

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you feel supported and valued. Thank you for being a part of our team.

Want to know more about Supplemental Health Care?

Ask a question
This was a contract company that sent me to various settings.
Physical therapist assistant PRN (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 7, 2018
This company worked very hard to find positions for me to give me the hours I needed. The companies were varied, from acute care, skilled nursing facilities to outpatient orthopedic clinics.
Pros
Varied settings
Cons
Some of the facilities were cleaner than others.
Great Opportunities
Agency Contract, Rehab Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Work when you want to, where you want to, as much as or as little as you want to. Great pay, great opportunities, very flexible!!! Company was brand new when I was there, yet they managed it very well and was on the ball!
Pros
Flexibility!
Cons
12hr shifts
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Great place to work if you are passionate about the medical staffing industry. There are great incentives, bonuses and awesome benefits. The company truly cares about their employees and desire to see you succeed.
Good contract job
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 11, 2018
I have worked for SHC for four years off and on again. They are very motivated to keep you working. They offer PRN positions between contracts. With contract work, there is no paid time off and my health benefits were the bare minimum, my choice of course. Other that, its been a great four years of employment.
cut throat environment
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Be prepared to follow up and document everything. If you are not relatively young you will not fit in with the culture in the Fort Worth office. They have their own language and very cliquey.
Pros
very competitive pay
Cons
cut throat
Horrible Place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 4, 2018
An absolute stain to my career. A lousy company to work for. They cheated me from multiple pay for driving. I would never recommend this company to any one in the workforce.
Pros
Cons
many
It is a terrible place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2018
A typical work day is stressful and very long. Management is poor. The hardest part of the job was working off the clock without pay. It was terrible.
Pros
Cons
It was terrible.
Very good experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I have never worked in health care. This is a over achieved experience for me, but is well accomplished for me in more ways than one. I love working with people. I learned about handling insurance claims. As well as verify insurance.
Cons
Healthcare
Very good opportunity
LVN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Lots of hours or time off. You set your schedule. Staff very positive, encouraging and easy to communicate with. Travel and get to see different places. Contracts 13 weeks to 6 months.
great place
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2018
was given the opportunity to work with supplemental health care as a new grad and do not regret one bit. was given opportunity to experience a wide variety pf therapy locations, therapists and specialties to gain experience and help me choose which population suited me best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight