SupplyHouse.com Employee Reviews

"Trial" is the progressive word for temp.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 14, 2019
I and a few others were selected to start a 5-day "Trial" with SupplyHouse.com. The warehouse jobs were easy to learn and the full-time employees were great. Never felt like I couldn't ask a question. That being said, when starting the trial HR never said anything up front that would make you feel temporary. "We do trials so you can start working as we wait for your background check" is an example of their definition of trial. I was under the impression I had already been hired until my fourth day of trial, when I heard others talking about having to do a Skype interview with someone from HQ in order to be hired on. I was selected as one to do the interview, and the interviewer seemed so disinterested and annoyed to be there, a total 180 from the interviews I had with the locations HR. Ultimately I was not kept, but then a day later saw they had posted the position again. When asked for feedback I received none.
Pros
Lunches, management is kind
Cons
Misinformed, communication lacking
if you work in the warehouse beware!!! office jobs are great!!
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 2, 2018
So... if you are hired for a customer service job you will get the best of the best. Great management/leadership. First in line for all the goodies, bringing your dog to work, friendly environment. Now on the other side.... Warehouse workers receive hardly any training, just thrown into a situation of sink or swim. management has no clue what they are doing, if you have an idea on how to improve something you get a glossy eyed look or an eye role and the response "this is how we have always done things". No coordination on anything! You will jump from one task to another. Mondays are busy, the rest of the week you sweep or build boxes. Culture is at an all-time low.... do yourself a favor and skip applying for a warehouse position with this company in Reno NV!!!!
Pros
free food
Cons
managment
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 28, 2018
This job is basically just like any other customer service job with a twist! What really makes it awesome is the culture here. The environment here really makes the biggest difference compared to any other customer service place I have worked at. Also the can do attitude the company has for the customers makes dealing with customer service a lot smoother because we do what makes the customer happy. The hours are great and they offer some overtime that is optional. Overall I just think this company cares about its employees just as much as they care about the customers.
Pros
Life insurance, hour lunch, great people, You can bring in your dog
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 22, 2018
This job was good in the beginning they make it seem like such a good place by providing you lunch, fun holiday activities and greeting you every day with a smile on their face, but don't let that fool you. The management don't have everything together, they only allow you a certain amout of call in days, they are judgemental, will fire you without saying why, will write you up without warning, have to stay full hours even if no work, only busy during holidays and mondays so the other days you just clean up after everybody else and or make boxes the rest of the time, and lots of drama in the warehouse.
Pros
pizza/salad bar fridays, bagel wednesday, holiday activities
Cons
benefits, management, rf scanner has issues, drama, write ups.
Kind People, Kind Policies
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 21, 2018
Never have I had the pleasure of working where people are so open to assisting one another and making sure the customer is happy. We built our policies around those buying from us, which I appreciated because customer service can be rigid. Not at here!
I learn something new every day about how to improve the customer experience; sometimes this is a challenging, as there is so much information and procedures to remember. It can be intimidating. But everyone is willing to help each other and management is approachable.
We are involved in giving back to our community and interact with one another in multiple/frequent social events (game nights, holiday potluck, etc.). It's nice working for a company that cares.
Pros
Food is always stocked in kitchen, friendly employees/management, option for insurance coverage, decent wages, pet friendly office
Cons
Slim advancement opportunities in this position, headsets aren't that comfortable, no gym at this location
Amazing place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 21, 2018
I have worked at Supplyhouse for three years and I honestly could not say enough amazing things about them. Everyone is always willing to jump in and help whenever needed and the culture of the company is unmatched. No matter what location you are in you will get the same type of amazing, respectful, nice, always willing to help kind of people. Management is always available if you need help with an issue or just need some feedback. I couldn't ask for a better company to work for.
Pros
Lunch/Breakfast every week on Wednesday and Friday, 401K, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, volunteer opportunities, company events, team bonding events, training
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 21, 2018
The management at supply house is team oriented and very staff development oriented. They help you and support you for your success. The training for the job is thorough and on-going.
Pros
Free Food all the time
Cons
Rigid Scheudle
Best job I've ever had!
Product Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 20, 2018
It's rare that I jump at the opportunity to wake up earlier than I have to or sacrifice a weekend, but every opportunity for OT at supplyhouse.com I will take with a smile! It's honestly a great place to work for so many reasons. I feel respected and valued and comfortable here. Everyone is so friendly and management strives for a collaborative atmosphere. I've never had an issue with a coworker and I doubt I ever will. The hardest part of the job is the customer...nothing to do with the company itself. But if an issue with a customer ever arises, there is always a sympathetic coworker to talk to.
Supplyhouse realizes that if you keep your employees happy then they will WORK for you. And they give every opportunity for employees to be happy at work.
As long as you are okay with computers and talking on the phone most of the day, then do yourself a favor and apply here!
Pros
There is a stocked kitchen, pizza fridays, company events and contests, birthday celebrations, ample break and lunch times, amazing benefits, and accessible management just in case anyone is less than happy.
Cons
Grouchy customers
Great Place to get on your feet or have a career
Product Support (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 20, 2018
Everybody in the company is different, but collaborative for a common purpose. Everybody gets along well and works to help each other. Pay is good for a customer service job. Love my 2 managers I have had in the 4 months I have worked here! They care about their employees and want you to succeed.
Best job I've ever had
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 20, 2018
I am so lucky to work with such amazing, wonderful people in such a great company! Supplyhouse.com cares about who they hire and ensures your success through collaboration and training/shadowing.
Pros
Culture, pay, type of work, free lunches/snacks, group activities
Cons
Sitting pretty much all day
Fun, growing compnay
office (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 20, 2018
The place is growing, everyone is always multitasking, all have many pans in the fire, although everyone is super busy, everyone has a great attitude. and willing to help to meet the common goal, fun things sprinkled in, full gym, free food, meditation, movie night.
Pros
Being a part of something that is growing, random non work related events that help team build, always busy, juggling many tasks, 100 % medical benefits, working with like minded people towards the common goal, opportunities to give back to the community, Doing well leading, growing, and hiring good fits to company culture
Cons
Salary not a livng wage for Long Island, entry level new hires making basically the same as people who have helped the company grow, hold many roles, and have been here many years.
They’ll let you go
Picker (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioNovember 19, 2018
Supply house hires you , will make you feel welcomed in the beginning but you will be on a 5 day trial. On your 4th day they interview you again and the next day a hour before you’re suppose to be there they will call you and tell you they no longer need you. I was poorly trained (maybe for a good hour and a half). One manager seemed like she just didn’t care for me.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Cons
Poor management, let you go, poor training
Good place to start a career ????
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 27, 2018
Know when you are hired that you will eventually be
told that “you are not a good fit”. I noticed that when
coworkers were close to being there long enough to
receive benefits, they were told that they were not a good fit. I was three days from qualifying for benefits,when out of the blue, I was taken into an office and told by two members of management that I wasn’t a good fit and I was one of the first five employees ever hired at the Reno,Nv location. Seems like a cult.
I recommend that one participate in all company
activities , free bagels on Wednesday and pizza every Friday. I witnessed people who chose not to participate and were told that they were not a good fit and were “released” as management refers to firing.
Perhaps this would be a good place to start a career.
It is not long term employment.
Very inexperienced rookie management...blind leading the blind.
Too many junvenile games. Some of my coworkers used to joke about the company should be called “PlayHouse.com”
Pros
No drug test, free food, nice sofas with blankets, Ps4
Cons
It is a cult, low pay (everyone makes the same wage)
Relaxed, fun place to work with nice people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 6, 2018
SupplyHouse only hires nice people. Nobody judges you here and you are surrounded by so much support. There's always fun activities going on. The kitchen is fully stocked with coffee and food. There's a gym to use on your lunch break. The more they do for me, the more I want to do for the company. I don't mind working overtime or pitching in where needed. I am never rushed with my work because there are calls waiting. I love being able to help people all over the country from my desk. We are able to send "swag" gifts to customers that are super nice to us or mention how much they love the company.
Pros
Pizza Fridays, gym time, meditation
Cons
Sick and vacation days are all grouped together into PTO
awful
Packing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJSeptember 5, 2018
totally clueless management, the boss doesn't step out of his air conditioned office till about 7:45 while everybody else is sweating and busting their butt to go home. the other people in management who are in the warehouse are on a serious powertrip. and you have to go outside to a trailer to go to the bathroom.
Pros
going home
Cons
coming to work
Best Place to Work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Long IslandSeptember 4, 2018
Every single person at this company genuine, welcoming and fun to work with. This company has a laid back and exciting environment, which makes working here a blast. There is a fully stocked kitchen, ping pong, pool and air hockey tables and plenty of events throughout the year to keep the team working together in unique and enjoyable way. I have never worked for a company who cares this much about their employees.
Pros
free meals, ping pong, pool table, air hockey table, nap room, meditation, in house gym and showers, gaming systems, tvs, great benefits
Great Culture
Full Time (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 31, 2018
This place has a great culture. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. You might come into it knowing nothing but every single person will help you any way that they can. Wednesday's are free bagels and hot breakfast and Fridays are free pizza and salad. They provide a lot of fun relaxation options for breaks that help foster good communication between everyone (ping pong, pool, air hockey, video games).
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Feels like a lot of hoops to move up in the company.
Fun and Relaxed Work Place!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2018
SupplyHouse is a great place to work as far as a relaxed work place, everyone is super nice and always willing to help with anything you may need. Along with that they have a stocked kitchen free food twice a week, and activities always going on! We have meditation every other week, we just completed our core values month and had lots of different activities and competitions which were so much fun. The CEO and COO are so nice and get involved in all the activities as well, they really want a fun environment for their employees. I really do believe anyone who would work here would love it. The only downside is the pay is not enough for the cost of living in the New York area, they recently raised everyone's salary, but is still not enough to get by. Besides that everything about this place is awesome.
Pros
Free lunches, Fun environment, super nice people
Cons
Unpaid lunch break, Low Salary
If you can't be in your own House, be in a SupplyHouse
Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 31, 2018
SupplyHouse is really an amazing place to work. The perks and benefits are never ending, like free health insurance, a fully stocked kitchen, a gym on site, virtually no dress code, 401K with matching and a generous time off policy. There are so many fun events, and the company truly cares about making an environment where everyone feels heard, comfortable, safe, appreciated and valued. I feel incredibly lucky to work here, and always feel supported to grow, accept new challenges, and learn new things every day.
Pros
Weekly free breakfast and lunch, casual dress code, free health insurance, gym on-site
hipster friendly cult
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 28, 2018
I was promised a 5 day paid trial for possible employment. For absolutely no reason I was asked to leave after 3 days. I worked multiple stations at once while others barely focused on their one task. I was probably let go because i don't have any tattoo's. Very poor company to work for.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
it's a cult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SupplyHouse.com. Our community is ready to answer.