SUPPORT SOLUTIONS OF THE MID-SOUTH Employee Reviews

Unprofessionalism
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 28, 2018
The work culture was bad. You had House Managers with little or no experience(or education) in charge of you and the clients, and they could not do the basics of their job. Very little food or cleaning supplies in the home, they could not lead by example, and they lacked common sense. When you tried to get anything done in the home, they treated you like a bad worker and retaliated against you(unsubstantiated write ups). It was crazy. When you complained to the office workers, they did little to nothing for your cause. Just a very unprofessional place to work at.
Pros
The clients, relaxed work environment
Cons
Poor House Managers
Patience is key
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 21, 2018
This company provides care for individuals with intellectual and or physical disabilities. You have to have patience and a kind heart to be able to perform duties.
Do not work in memphis location
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 14, 2018
Management sleeping with staff, unfair pay, gossiping, rumors, ABSOLUTELY NO GROWTH. If you don't want to either sleep with or constantly kiss management and conservators behind you don't get shown favoritism. If you voice your opinion in anyway about feeling uncomfortable working in a household and management has to work, they will find someone to flag you for something.
Pros
Loved my clients
Cons
management, litttle pay, little to no staff
Stressful
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 17, 2018
You are dealing with disabled (developmentally or physically) clients on a daily basis. Some have extreme behavioral issues. Pay isn't what it should be for what you deal with. Only opportunities for advancement come with moving up to management which comes with an even bigger headache. I don't think enough is done to protect the support in times when clients have terrible behaviors or misconduct.
The company was a great to work for
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 15, 2018
The job was ok until the parent start running what management could do. Once you work for Support Solutions you were able to learn and move up. They believe in giving you chances.
Pros
I reallyenjoyed how we were able to acess realiance and do our yearly tes online.
Cons
The job ended
Great Culture, Great People, Great Career
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2018
Everyone at Support Solution is friendly and ready to lend a helping hand. They have a great company culture and try to incorporate different activities to boost morale. There are many opportunities to grow within this company. You are not micro manage but expected to do your job and have things turned in on time, because a lot of the work is time sensitive.
Pros
benefits, great company culture, room to grow
Love the people I worked with
Employment Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 8, 2018
You will change the lives of individuals with disabilities, helping them learn life and social skills.The staff is nice and helpful if you have questions or concerns.
Pros
Happy place to work
Cons
Can be overwhelming
Not a place that deserves a recommendation
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 24, 2018
Horrible place to work Management believes that they're in charge at all times that they can never be wrong poor pay paychecks are messed with not paid the correct amount promise this promise that you never receive it just an all-around Bad Company to work for company focuses on the CEOs versus the people that actually work in the company and insurance is horrible worst I've ever seen this company is definitely not a place I would recommend to friends or anyone just needing a job.
Pros
Cons
When you make a request I do not get answered you're treated as a number not an employee
Working with Adult Patients in a Residential Enviroment
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 23, 2018
Working with Adult Patients and assisting them in their daily lives handling basic household functions to food shopping and cooking skills. Patients would be taken out doors for activity and social events in the community.
Pros
Rewarding in assisting Adult Patients
Cons
Being alone with patients in a residential enviroment
support solutions is a good company to work for its grown and growing.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 2, 2017
As a individual working for the company taking care of people is a plus plus for those who do this,it can be stressful at times and can be frustrating but knowing that you are taking care of some one who needs that love and compassion you will be blessed at the end overall the company has grown and growing so if you continue up the good work and caring for your individual you will succeed
Great people to work with, they work with you if needed to work around your schedule
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 25, 2017
I really enjoyed my work experience with this company. My supervisor and house manager was great. I would recommend anyone to this company rather full time or part time because they are very understanding and willing to work with you as long as your willing to work with them, to make things easier for them as well as you. Exceptionally great supervisor and all around a great company to work for and under.
Pros
optional work schedule, trainig if needed, works around work schedule if needed
Workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 30, 2017
With this job it was more of a learn as you go. I had to learn each of my individuals likes and dislikes. The management could have been better. The staff to individual ratio could be different.
notes
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 27, 2017
Reviewing and signing daily documentations. Scheduling appointment and documenting on the daily basis. There is not hard part. It's plenty of learning activities that you can develop.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2017
This is a great place to work! Work-Life balance is a priority from the top down. Wonderful place to learn and grow without being micromanaged. Safe and supportive setting!
Pros
Realistic work hours
Cons
Communication could be better
Support Solutions Of The Midsouth
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2017
Nice company. I personally have had a good career here. Not good insurance or PTO. This company does have great house managers. I had a few in years in this field but the best have been here. Clients are free to be themselves and I feel like they are treated with respect here. My only gripe is not having PTO or sick days. This is the last field where you should take away PTO. Staff is stressed and working hard so they deserve at least 3 days a year. Something. Another con is you have to monitor staff just like a client or sometimes more and that's a shame. We are the voice for our clients and this job should be treated as a serious one.
Pros
Great house managers
Cons
No PTO and no sick days
Ok place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2017
It was an ok place to work. I learned a lot while working for this company. A person would really have to work here to be able to see what it is like for themselves.
Office staff and management are friendly
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 7, 2017
Support Solutions is a company the seeks the continuance of improved health for the clients. The company works with a network of professionals such as doctors, healthcare coordinators and others who all network together to provide plans that help the Direct Support Professional carry out the best practices for the client. Most practices are but not limited to , daily, emotional and recreational needs.
Pros
You get to enjoy building a healthy and loving relationship with the clients.
Cons
lack of flexibility unless you a good working relationship with other staff in your house
I enjoy being able to help others
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNFebruary 17, 2017
The work place overall was outstanding due to the fact I was able to work in a setting where I really enjoyed the job that was performed. I love helping others as much as possible I like to see others grown and be happy.
Work experience
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for support solutions of the mid South. I learned aot if great things about this profession. I met air if great people and I always learned something new.
Great pay for Management!
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 20, 2016
Fast pace environement! Learn a lot on a typical day. Build many relationships with staff, management and supported people. Great opportunities for advancement!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUPPORT SOLUTIONS OF THE MID-SOUTH. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about