Support.com

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Great step into the tech industry.

Company is great for those new to computers and technology and need a place in to the industry. There is not enough room for advancement, and pay is not the best, but for what it is, it is fine for most junior computer agents.

Love Support.com

I am so happy I found a job that truly means support through a 100% work from home environment. I have met so many wonderful co-workers through trainings and on the floor that I can rely on. I love that we grow from within the company to upper management. I cannot wait for what my future holds at Support.com.

Pros

Benefits, co-workers, support, flexibility

Cons

Pay

It was a good place to work. You work from home so it all depends on how much discipline you have. If you try hard you might see some opportunities, but no real room for advancement. You will work hard and not be noticed. The pay is sub-par.

Underpaid and understaffed

They just gave us our first ever raise of 25 cents but the pay is still too low, especially given that around 40% of calls are customers calling about out of scope issues or cox's tech support either just not knowing or caring what our scope is when transferring. Customers have steadily gotten ruder, more entitled, and more demanding. If you're looking for career advancement at sdc, you will be very disappointed. There isn't anywhere to be promoted to. The only bright spot is that coworkers and most supervisors are very helpful when you have a question.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Low pay, constant queue, misdirects, demanding customers

Decent place to work

The company is fine to work for and overall has decent training. Do not like being forced to change shifts based on metrics. As with most companies you are just numbers.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Mandatory OT and Forced Shift changes

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Not Good

Bad, this company throws you to the wolves. Training was a joke, people were talking about things that were very off topic and the supervisor would let that eat up all of the training time in the day.

Great company

Managers were nice and accommodating. I liked my schedule until they did a lottery and put me in a schedule I didn't like. The tools sometimes are down which causes longer call times.

They exploit the workers

You use your own computer and they install their proprietary software that spies on you while you work for them. They don't pay nearly as much as they should or compensate for you using your electricity, Internet access, or computer. You use all of your equipment and they get all the tax breaks. On top of that they don't like to give raises.

Pros

Work from home..but many jobs now do so

Cons

Small pay, pressure to complete quota

Support .com is an excellent remote job. Excellent hours or you are able to bid on changing your hours once the ones you prefer come available as long as your numbers are well

Great place to work very friendly workplace

Not a very hard job once you get an understanding. I learned quite a bit, this being my first work from home job. Most enjoyable part of the job was the team I was on.

Our team room was occasionally messy. Sometimes I would have to upright all the flipped tables

If you don't need to make much money and can afford your own insurance than they might be ok for you. I was hired when sales was NOT a part of the job. Technical support only. After being purchased this was no longer the agreement and, eventually Sales became over 25% of the metrics. The reasons I took the job: NO sales; Excellent Health Insurance at $39.99 bi-weekly plus 1250.,00/year HRA account. Let me be clear, for a single employee, $3,000 deductible, $6,000 max out-of-pocket for 39.99 bi-weekly with an annual $2500 Health Reimbursement Account contribution!

Eh

I have to admit that I get paid more here than other jobs I have had in the past and I will say its good to get your foot in the door for a Call Center. However, the main problem is that you cannot hang up on a customer for any reason WHATSOEVER and this is my main problem but another thing is that they care much more about their quota than you and certain customers are lets just say "interesting" but NOT in a good way whether it be screaming at you despite it not being your fault that they have the problem or the fact that other people outright lie and spread misinformation. Other than these main blemishes, it's a job but I will say that I hope you have a lot of stress relievers.

Pros

Decent Starting Pay, good co workers (mostly)

Cons

All above ^

Disorganized liars with no regard for employees

Youre a robot. All that matters are their business needs. They lie about what the position entails. Training is disorganized & then you’re essentially thrown to the wolves with promise of help from upper management. There is never management available to help. If you literally drop dead, they do not care. Overworked for little to nothing an hour.

Pros

None.

Cons

Everything.

Great For starting off

This is a very good company if you're just starting in the IT field additionally customer service. There are several big problems with the company one being they claim to care for the employee but they really don't. They additionally will require that you are at the training and not miss a single day and if you do it a write up even if your late 10 or more minutes. They also will write you up for missing a single work day as well as they do not care about anything you have to say within the company. Please note they also require that you take your breaks when their scheduled and will get in trouble if you take them late which happens often due to calls overlapping on break time. They also if you are in case for to long they will message you about it.One big key thing is regardless of the condition you cannot hang up on a customer for any reason.

Pros

401K, Health Insurance

Cons

Short Breaks, No Emergency Leave, no ability to end calls with customers, Strict Hours, No care for the employee or their experience

Great work from home opportunity

Fun and challenging work environment for individuals dedicated to customer service and customer support. Completely work from home.Corporate social networking for maintaining personal communications with coworkers and sharing personal interests.

Pros

guranteed break and lunch schedule, prefers to internally promote, great coworkers

Cons

pay could allign better with the industry, management needs to work harder at communication in this industry

It's a job

There is very little room for advancement. The only way up seems to be as a manager, which is difficult to get chosen for. There are no yearly pay increases, the description of your job changes on a weekly basis. New policies are enacted with very little communication, it's very easy to miss out on important changes. The managers are on average very friendly and helpful. Be careful with the recruiter, i was told pay would be roughly $15-20/hr and my position paid $10/hr. There was a 2 week paid training when i started, but that was reduced to 1 week by the time i left.

Pros

good teammates

Cons

poor pay, poor communication

great

it was nice and very laid back. Simple email ansering. Nothing to crazy. Supppported end clients pc/s hardware, networks. Evyerhting that could b ficed.

Run away!

No path to advancement, management is just about numbers, not people. Have to buy your own equipment. Supervisors change constantly (I had more than a dozen in 2 1/2 years) and they have 0 consistency in their expectations. Schedule changes constantly, sometimes from day to day! Useful, working tools are often taken away, and replaced with glichy, cumbersome tools that don't allow you to do your job, and there is little or no training.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Low pay, constantly changing metrix, constantly increasing workload without pay increase.

Relaxing work environment

Do your job and this company will treat you well. Many options for opportunities in a multitude of categories of remote work with incentives and growth.

Pros

Great hours, pay, incentives

Cons

Not much room for the finesse of individuality. By the book 100%.

Pass

Worked there four years, never got a raise. Poor management. Hours are terrible. The client demands are not commiserate with the pay. I would recommend that you pass on this and find something else.

Poor work/life balance

Working at Support.com wasn't all bad, they required a lot of overtime pretty much every week that was automatically assigned to your schedule and once it was there if you missed it you'd be marked for it if you couldn't work that day, pretty understanding on personal situations but I would not recommend working here unless its your last resort low pay.

Pros

Managers, coworkers

Cons

Pay, Work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Support.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Support.com.
Powered byComparably