Support.com Employee Reviews

Started out great, but over the years has dropped
Remote Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 14, 2018
Used to be great to work, now there is less pay/benefits/respect/jobs at Support.com and they are running all their employees thin with the work loads
Pros
work from home
Cons
stressful, lack of communication, disrespect, more work and less benefits for same low pay
Stay away!! Unless you have no education or skills and this is the only option!
RST (Former Employee) –  WFHJuly 3, 2018
Support.com is a good opportunity for those who are fresh out of high school or have no college education or skills to help them land decent employment. So treat this as a temp job while you polish up your resume or get education to help you move up. The company offers no raises, pays you minimum wage, uses your equipment and internet service and pays you $.50/hr for doing so. You are expected to be on the phones nonstop for 7.5 hours per an 8 hour shift, you have to utilize their substandard tools and if for some reason they crash, you get docked for it and may actually get into trouble. You have very little time to document the calls in case it’s a quick one and they are always severely under staffed so you are in a call que virtually 24/7. So no breathers in between calls. Supervisors:employee ratio is almost 1:60 or 70, so 9 times out of 10, you will not hear back from them in a reasonable time when their help is needed. Usually the customers hang up after yelling at you while waiting for a supe to handle the issue or they simply cancel their service. Since the supervisors are also over worked and stressed out, they will flat out tell you to handle it yourself. They call it “deescalating” the situation.

For $10 or $11 per hour, and the sort of stuff you have to put up with, most people will say it’s not worth it and quit soon as they have something better lined up, which is why SDC is always hiring because of the high churn. They advertise performance based bonuses which only top 60 out of over a thousand agents get based on a number of different criteria. They want
  more... to shove their S4X playbook down your throat to make you sound like a drone on every call by selling their products and apps, at the expense of the customer getting frustrated when they call every time they have to deal with same robotic nonsense the employees are programmed to throw at them. Very little focus on customer problem resolution, it’s all about stats.

When I worked there, I talked to a lot of different people and they were all unhappy stuck working there for one reason or another and nobody seemed to like the job even a tad bit. So don’t plan on staying long if you work here because it’s high stress and low reward
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Not Enough free time
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 29, 2018
I did enjoy working there because during my training I had an awesome trainer, after that my mentors were amazing and I enjoyed working with the different people. I did have a little falling out with my last mentor but overall the experience was a great one and I do still send a lot of people to Support.com.
Pros
Friendly Mentors
Cons
No Leeway
Nice
Remote Service Technician, Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 28, 2018
Great work from home position, but do not expect any advancement which isn't a knock against the company as you would have to work here to understand why that is a true statement. Great work life balance because you never leave home! But, if you can't handle call center work don't work in any call center, as it will always be back to back calls. Which again is no knock against the company, as its normal for the career.
Pros
Working from home, health benefits
Cons
stressful work due to very busy all the time.
Remote IT Work
Remote Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 26, 2018
You provided remote IT work working from your home or remote locations. You received phone calls routed to you from some big-name companies. it was pretty much Level II help desk and support role with the added addition of customer support role mixed in. The customer support role is needed due to the nature of the business and routed calls, so this made the work schedule and even work stressful. It was nice that solutions and workflows are offered but could sometimes obstruct overqualified technicians from seeing problems out to a proper solution.

Call center practices were implemented heavily, which I felt, made the job more stressful than it needed to be or should have been. It also complicated the nature of the IT troubleshooting role which is what you need to complete almost all of this work.
Pros
stable work, work from home, set pay
Cons
no pay increases or very slow, stressful, call center approaches used, schedules changed every month and sporatic
Just a job.
Remote Services Technician (Current Employee) –  GAJune 21, 2018
I once sent in a negative review on XXZZ"Glass-door"XXZZ. But they never posted it. I emailed them and was emailed back saying it was just too negative and over the top to be posted.
Good Job for a sales rep
Remote Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 18, 2018
Not a bad job if your looking to be a sales rep/technician. More focused on sales for the client then actually providing outstanding support and service experience. Should be based on how calls are handled and metrics with room to advance in IT industry. There is minimal room to move around in the company and grow in the IT field. However tons of benefits available and perks for the employees. Flexible scheduling to suit your needs.
Pros
Work at home comfortablitity, bonus incentive for metrics/ benefits
Cons
Sales Related
Not What I Expected
Service Technician ( Work From Home) (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 18, 2018
I applied to this job expecting it to be an amazing opportunity to work from home. I recently came upon a job posting stating that support.com was hiring technicians for $13.00/hr. The application was easy and so was the hiring process. So far so good right?! Wrong. On my first day I learned the pay was actually 8.50/hr and after training it would increase to 9.75/hr. Training was 4 weeks and after we would get the raise. Wrong! It took about 2-3 weeks after training to receive the pay raise. They do give .50 reimbursement for internet usage but taxes literally eat that chump change. They also offer benefits but guess what ?! $100+ ( just for medical) out of your check and your only making $9.75. And the real kicker is that you will NEVER EVER get a raise at this company. You sign on for $9.75 and that’s what you get. Oh and did I mention the training. Yeah a complete joke. The training is rushed and will not prepare you for the real job at hand. You will be placed in production without having proper knowledge of the job or the tools you are using. Once I passed training I was assigned a supervisor and sent to the phones. If it was not due to my previous customer service experience I wouldn’t have made it as long as I did with this company. Supervisor are horrible at this company. If you have a escalation they will plain outright tell you to tell the customer a sup isn’t available or they will gladly ignore you. The systems they have in place for you to use are unreliable. They will blame all tool issue on your computer no matter what. If you need help or have questions the  more... only resource you have is a chat room. 99.9% of the time your question is ignored and you are left telling the customer something you made up. Last month we had to many people on staff so we were forced to take 8 hours off each week. And top it all off we are now required to push sales on to customers after I was told numerous times this was not a sales position. After 6 months of working here I am proud to say I have found a better opportunity elsewhere. I would not suggest anyone work for this company for the simple fact that $9.75 is not a reasonable wage to pay anyone especially in 2018. Comcast is a hug company and should be able to have more reliable resources as well as competitive wages for employees!  less
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Supervisors, training, very low wages, no advancement opportunities
Technical analyst/Remote Services Technician II
Remote Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  wfhJune 8, 2018
They called the position Remote Service Technician for wireless gateway Support, but we were technical analysts. The job was easy and fun at first, then management changed 3 times in the 5 yrs I have been here. They have gotten worse and worse with the way they are running the business. They are not truthful with what we are to do, they change tools constantly and only provide minimal training , if any on new tools, The expectations are not clear. They said they are flexable but they are not. They constantly us bullying to get the job done, knowing we are here because of needs not desire. So telling us this is at will employment when we needs to be heard is daily. There is little to no compassion for ther elderly people working here with health issues. They are constantly changing schedules without regaurd for workers right to life. The refuse to even hire for the shifts they need help with the most. They have recently demoted several hundred people and issued more responsibilities without any compensation other than tell them to work it or quit. There has been no raise in the 5 yrs I have been here .
Pros
work from home
Great Company
Tier 2 NOC Technician (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 3, 2018
I love this company and all that it has to offer. Only downside is the compensation. Support believes in its employees and here you are not just another number.
Pros
Great work enviornment, excellent work life balance, good benifits
Cons
Compensation
Scripted Rebot
Remote Technical Support (Current Employee) –  OregonMay 23, 2018
Sometimes you have the chance to get a customer that is awesome and you can assist them in resolving there issue. Most of the time its unhappy customers cause they have been kicked around by comcast services and customer support. Its hard to really not lose hope with the job when you reach out to every single supervisor on shift and you get no response when you have an issue that you were never trained on. I dont know how much longer i could hold on.
Pros
work from home
Cons
management, comcast, always angry customers
Fast paced, but very little reward
X-Finity Sales Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 22, 2018
You will certainly have a hard time remaining bored in this position as there is a constant and steady flow of calls. The job entailed redirecting customers with non-comcat related technical problems to a specialist IT team.
Working from home was great
Remote Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 18, 2018
Virtual call center for Comcast.
Low wages.
Long gaps between breaks.
Taking calls from clueless customers that thought they knew more than you.
There is no way I would ever recommend working for this company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything else
good overall
Home networking support (Current Employee) –  Redwood, CAMay 17, 2018
i enjoyed by emplyment at SDC. its a fast paced job. you get to work from home.
only downside is the lack of advancement. your either in the job you were hired as or you can become a superior but, not a large area for growth.
Pros
you work from home get a 30 min unpaid lunch and 2 15 min paid breaks
Cons
there are no raises
It's ok
L2 Support (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 15, 2018
Neat to work from home. Shift bids can kill you, especially when you move to positions with fewer people. Pay could be higher and better benefits provided.
No shade
Wireless Gateway Tier 1 & 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 13, 2018
I am not going to bash the company that gave me the opportunity to work from home. My only disagreements are there is no increase in pay. You have to go through major hurdles and hoops to be considered for advancement. Major tools issues, being tossed from project to project. "Required" sales promotions of products with no incentives, tedious tools put in place to work when they want to. It pays the bills though.
Pros
Work from home, no commute. Learning experience for sure.
Cons
No room for advancement. No increase in pay. MTO.
Remote Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 13, 2018
Support.com was a company based out of California that let you work from home, if your computer or internet was acting up, both with you provided yourself were non functional, you didn't work that day. The job that I did was wireless tech support for a third party.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
customers were not the most pleasant
Low Pay, Technical work
Personal Technology Expert (Current Employee) –  OnlineMay 10, 2018
There was a huge lack of explanation of what the job would entail. Want IT people that have a nearly complete understanding of all PC aspects while giving nearly no training, no direct support if you need help just a "ask the crowd" mentality from supervisors and only pay you $12 and hour. Its nice to work at home but they pay is awful and you need to already need to have an advanced understanding of all computer and things wireless to enjoy what you do.

If youre very tech savvy with years of experience. A good working computer, monitor 1080p or better, fast internet and want to work at home for $12 its a good job.

They do offer good benefits but youll need to pay for those.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Pay, training, help from supervisors
not what i signed up for
REMOTE SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 7, 2018
I took that job with the thought of working directly for support.com not a 3rd party. the training was a bit mundane and too long. I would have preferred more hands on training than dictatorship.
Avoid this company if you value your sanity
Remote Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Home-officeMay 7, 2018
Support.com promises alot, and delivers nothing. They lure you in then just churn and burn the employees. They do not care if you have an emergency, they want you on the phones taking back to back calls your entire shift, with little to no time to catch your breath in-between. This IS NOT an I.T. position. This is a glorified customer service position with heavy emphasis on up selling the customer more services/package upgrades. They expect you to diagnose troubleshoot and resolve the customers issue in 15 minutes or less, REGARDLESS of the complexity of the issue. You WILL NOT GET A RAISE EVER! They hire managers from outside so management has no clue of the day to day issues that agents face.

On the brightside they will hire anyone regardless of skills or experience. In fact they prefer you know nothing so they can teach you THEIR way of doing things.

The tools are poorly maintained, and if you have issues with them, you are then told its your system, or your fault. If tools go down you are not paid for the companies mistake. In short they just want bodies in seats and voices on the phone, nothing more, nothing less.
Pros
Cons
This us Comcast customer service, management does not care about employees, they will have no problem firing you for anything they can find.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Support.com. Our community is ready to answer.