Support.com Employee Reviews

Great experience builder
Advanced Tech Support (Current Employee) –  onlineJanuary 11, 2019
I have enjoyed the knowledge i have obtain yet the lower management to me is worthless because they dont care and always direct you to a wiki article or another avenue for help management is broken plus the pay is well let me say this it is a job. Job advancement come from your metrics however it comes from who can kiss the most behinds and bollocks
Pros
work from home
Cons
no raises or advancement
Not worth it
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 7, 2019
They let you pick your schedule then pile on 'mandatory overtime' with no end in sight. You will take calls for Comcast-literally the most hated company in the world and a become a hired punching bag. If you have issues with depression and anxiety this is not the job for you. Many nights I have spent in tears not wanting to log in for work the next day. Supervisors either give you wrong info, or not willing to explain info to you and rather give you a wiki doc.....but who has time to read it while taking calls back to back? Benefits are expensive, not eligible for PTO until after your probationary period-if you even make it that far. Human Resources has very little regard for illnesses as well, just fyi. I've worked for other companies from home that are 1000x better. Please look elsewhere and save yourself the trouble.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
N/a
Virtual Technical Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 6, 2019
I really enjoy working for this company. I just need more money hourly. In the time I have been there I have ranked number 4 in the whole company. They have mandatory overtime as well.
Not bad if you can handle the quick pace and stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 5, 2019
The training was decent but as with most call center jobs it covers the basics and you need to learn as you go. They provide assistance to agents via other agents and supervisors.

A typical day here for me was answering about 20-40 calls per day for Comcast. It was sometimes extremely busy and sometimes a little slow. This is consistent with most call center jobs.

Also you are not going to be getting calls from happy go lucky customers people without issues do not call tech support for help thus you can expect people to be frustrated and sometimes even angry. I see people making this a negative in reviews but this is what tech support is.

Workplace culture to me was not bad at all the team I was originally on was friendly as was my supervisor. I got moved to another team at one point and while my supervisor was not as friendly he was easy to work with and the others on the team were not a bad group.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with the angry customers who are having problems with their service. If you arent adept at handling people like this you will not enjoy this type of work.

The best part of the job for me was when I was able to start helping other agents on chat. It was sort of a promotion but not something you could do more than a week at a time and there was no extra pay for it. As for the rest the satisfaction you get helping someone who is frustrated and angry and them then turning all nice and being thankful was great.
Pros
Work from home gives a great work/home balance
Cons
can be stressful, pay could have been better, little room to advance
beggars can't be choosers
technical support agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2019
When you need a job, you need a job. When you need a job filled, you need a job filled. It's average for an inbound remote customer service position. I have learned many things, being how un-tech savvy I was. If you know computers, this job will be easy. If you don't know computers, this job is hard. The best part of the job is working from home, away from annoying people.
Pros
working from home
Cons
not good for technically challenged peoples
management
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 3, 2019
management could have been a bit more understanding , benefits could have been better, the training wasn't as in depth as i would have liked for it to be but overall its an ok company
Good job for new techs coming into the field
Remote Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2019
extensive training, 3 months worth if memory serves me correctly. but if you can get thought it , the job is easy but can be stressful. besides the stress you get a stable job with great benefits .
Not a very great place to work
TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2018
Yes, you have the convenience of working from home but you get taken advantage of so much. They'll go in and change your time on your schedule without consulting with you first
Great Place to work
Work from Home Remote Services Tech (Former Employee) –  MississippiDecember 20, 2018
This is a Great company to work for they just need to raise their pay rate a little more for all that is required of you , but other then that I would go back in a heart beat to this company.
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Pay rate could start a little higher
Good People | Monotonous Data Entry
Remote Support Technician [Work-at-Home] (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working here... great people with a great work ethic! Over time the amount of Databases that we would use had climbed and climbed until the point to where we were filling in the same information to multiple different Databases. Wait times in-between every operation & talking to the Customer at the same time to reduce Dead Air as you wait for the Systems to Load.
Pros
Great People, Great Work Ethic, Friendly Environment
Cons
Database & Data-Entry Creep
Pay not enough
IT Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Home BasedDecember 16, 2018
For the amount of grief that you put up with the pay is not nearly enough. $9.50 an hour tone yelled at is not sufficient. Customer service is hard work and the pay should be reasonable , $16 an hour, for what you do. Also when in training all your systems should work so you know how to do your job when you get on the floor.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
pay, training, holidays
A Good Work From Home Experiance
TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Work Froim HomeDecember 16, 2018
With so many scam work from home opportunities out in the world I was not expecting Support.com to be a real company when I saw their posting on Craigslist, I was pleasantly surprised when I found it it is indeed a real company that provides real hourly jobs and always pays on time.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Very little schedule flexibility, all time off must be planned far in advance
Inbound support and consultation
Inbound Sales/Work from Home (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
Most days were hectic and busy with calls, information gathering to consult customers appropriately into the correct department for assistance, offering services when applicable.
Support.com review
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2018
Support.com is a good place to work. The only thing that is off putting is the strict schedule adherance policy. This is stricly in regards to natural disasters. The training was fun and innovative. I was always eager to actively learn as the teachers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was the inability to fix a customers issue. IE:internet.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Time off for natual disasters
The worst place you'll ever work
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home BasedDecember 7, 2018
Where to start? SDC and Comcast is a match made in....
You will be taking calls for Comcast the most hated co in the world.
I would rather answer the phone for Bernie Madoff Investments.
The pay is below poverty level and you never get any raise. You will supply everything, they nothing but trying to take more of your time.
They want you to reserve 12 hrs a day for them paid for 8, as use flex scheduling. The calls are back to back for your whole shift and they will drain the life out of your soul. If you can do anything else, collect beer cans? I would do beer cans because you can have a good day doing that. You will never have one here.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work from home so you pay for the call center out of your tiny wage.
High stress
Remote Service Technician (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 29, 2018
High stress. Training tools are inadequate and outdated. Managers were usually as helpful as they could be but they were under even more stress and pressure than the tier 1s.
Horrible experince
Remote Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Grove, KYNovember 28, 2018
This place was testing new waters on every new agent and its not worth it imo. Would not recommend. At a very low hourly wage you can be a new and improved one stop agent. Id personally take your skill sets somewhere it will count. Poorly manage
Pros
Wfh
Cons
everything else
bad job do not work there
Remote Services technician (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PANovember 28, 2018
when i started there they were a good company, not a great one, but good, since then there has been multiple changes in leadership. company changed our assignment from tier 2 to tier one, removed my entire shift, cut pay rates, often people who were given supervisor positions were just removed and made agents again for no good reason, everyone who did bi-lingual calls were removed leaving no one to handle spanish only calls etc
Pros
work from home
Cons
company screwed over EVERYONE who worked there, causing a mass quitting/firing
Try other work at home jobs let this be last resort
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  WFHNovember 27, 2018
Not telling the truth that all positions are for sales and collections regardless what the title is. They are offering $1000 dollars because people are being lied to and leaving. They do not care if anything happens while in training 4 minutes from break they write you up. Perfect attendance is being there mentally and physically. An example my Autistic son was on the waiting list for children's hospital and we have been waiting 7 months so far the day before appointment we received a call. Knowing we had to take the appointment our child comes first , I requested a different training class nope they didn't want to do that I would have to quit reapply in 6 months. No guarantee rehire. Took my son on his appointment and received a written warning. In training we are 3 days behind skipping some modules, some modules not taught because we are not suppose to take payments.Or feel we shouldn't learn about certain items. Mainly sales training in the beginning so this is not just TECH SUPPORT/RST OR customer service/CST they are into sales and are on the verge of losing that sales component. They was paying 8.50 with a 50 kick now bump to 9.00 with a 50 kick. not worth it.
A nice place, if there was more support
Personal Technology Expert (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 26, 2018
Support.com is a fantastic place to work short-term. The customers can be brutal, and there is no supervisory support to employees. You are it. You are not getting any help. The supervisors are very nice, but there is not much they can do to help you. Also, the software breaks down quite often. This happens when you have several platforms to work with at the same time. They mean very well, but need to resolve some growing pains. I have absolutely no animosity toward them; they just need some growth as a company that supports their employees better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Support.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9