Support.com
2.7

Support.com Employee Reviews

United States503 reviews
Featured review
Support.com selected this as a representative review
Great Company To Work For.
It is a great company to work for with competitive wages and benefits. They have flexible scheduling and paid training. There are opportunities for advancement within the company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling.
Cons
N/a
You won't stay long
This is a place to get your foot in the door of an IT profession. They do hire with absolutely no experience in IT. Unfortunately you will not learn much but can get an IT job on your resume. You will not want to stay more than 1 year. Only benefit is working from home. No 401k match and minimal paid time off. The worst benefits of any company I have ever worked for.

The training is a joke. They spend about 1 day teaching you anything about the tools or helping the customers. The remaining weeks are all poor sales training to set you up for unethical sales practices of their client. You also receive no pay or bonuses for sales despite being forced to do them (except for the occasional $2-5 bonus that is enough to make you mad). Almost no advancement opportunities and terrible benefits.

They expect near perfection for very little money and don't seem to care about their employees at all. They care far more about sales than customer satisfaction. Job feels very unethical at times. Company does as well with no raises ever. Turnover is horrendous. CEO is completely incompetent. Most of the rest of management is very unhelpful. You will have a new supervisor every couple of months.
They only care about numbers.
Management is worthless...they dont even know how to do the job of the people they manage. Callers for tech support are the worst because they usually are calls from Comcast's internets users that have called other non-american call centers several times to be hung up on or not be understood due to language barriers. They dont care if you help fix the customer's issue as long as you make the caller feel good about Comcast. Its a nightmare.
Good and bad
Good: Fully remote, schedule flexibility, great managers

Bad: pay is too low for work asked to perform. No job security, no advancements
Not recommended, at all
Support.com seemed like a great opportunity at first but the truth is they do pay decent and the work is not really that hard, but it's mind numbing the amount of arrogant, ignorant customers who will try to argue with you about simple things which are literally your job to know. On top of that the management is terrible, they barely communicate except by an email that is only accessible while clocked in, contacting a supervisor when you need one can sometimes take over an hour to get a response, and they will make last minute schedule changes and expect you to adhere to them without notifying you. All that mess just wasn't quite worth the remote work trade-off
Pros
Work from home, high levels of freedom
Cons
bad management, short breaks, rude clients, difficult advancement
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Horrible Company
This company sucks. The pay is God awful. Managers are worthless and the company is unethical. They pay you an hourly wage of $9.75 per hour. Managers and supervisors will never help you. They refuse escalation calls. Also the company is very misleading when it comes to 401k and benefits. They won't even match it but yet force employees to pay for it. Don't work here.
I wont work for them unless I have a great reason to this is beneath bottom of the barrel I have no idea how anybody who is not in management manages to keep this job that long
you're working from home, so it's what you make of it.
Customers can be horrible, but that's to be expected with any customer service position. If you're comfortable in uncomfortable situations you'll be fine.
Do not work here
This company doesn’t pay fairly for the amount of work you do. If you need a job for a short period while you are searching for a new one, this can be a filler.
They could care less about you, you're just a percentage of how nice you are to people to them.
Worked there 2 years. Big waste of my life. Just found out theyre not even in the top 100. They judge you based off things they never teach you. They do checks to make sure your saying the right lines every time. The managers listen to your calls all day. Most of the people are less qualified than monkeys. Its ran by Indian people. The problems could be figured out by a five year old but the company is so inefficient with training that everything you learn, you pretty much have to teach yourself. The billing application is a joke. They pay you pennies for work that some people get paid 20 dollars an hour for. There is no going above 11 dollars. Customers are allowed to treat you terribly and you can do nothing against that. You're doing internet support and none of them know anything about internet support. They don't care about you in the slightest they only care if you get a high value for what they call s4x, It's a bad company. 10 out of 10 just look up top 100 work from home companies. Work from one of those. lord knows its not on the list.
Pros
Can watch movies and play video games all day
Cons
no personality. everyone is fake supervisors have no idea what its like to be on the floor.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Support.com?
Work at Home job with not enough training and always shifting requirements.
This job is entirely work from home. My experience at this job was horrible as while they had several weeks of training, there was a distinct lack of training in the specific tools and knowledge required for the job, the training was focused more on how to up-sell to the customer and not on the technical support aspect of the position. The other downside of the job is that requirements for the job were constantly shifting with no warning to the employees, to the point that you would get reprimanded for doing a task the way you had been taught, only to find that only the day before the requirements for doing that task had changed.
It was a great experience working here.
The supervisors were patient. They made sure I knew everything I needed to know to be successful. There was not a hard part to the job. I enjoyed every minute of my tenure there.
Run
Do not waste your time or talents, horrible pay, worst benefits, a day off has to be planned 6 months out. I was even fired while in the hospital. Got the job back, but thats what you have to look forward to.
Pros
Cons
Every nightmare imaginable.
You work from home
This job was way easy, but as newbie, I got little to no support. Training was poor. I was thrown to the wolves. I was totally frustrated. Maybe it would be a different experience for someone else.
Eh
When I first started working there, I loved it. I worked my hours and always put in extra. Through time, I was shuffled through supervisors a bit. They were all very distant. They barely gave feedback. They weren't around when you needed their assitance. I wound up getting let go for bad QA scores. They said that they were low for 90 days. This came as a shock to me because you're supposed to be coached for this and I never was. The only thing I ever got coached for was attendance. It hurt a lot because it was the best company I ever worked for. Other than the supervisors and the lack of communication, everything was good.
Poor pay for the stress and knowledge
Their pay is ridiculous for the stress you intake and the knowledge you have to use to satisfy customer and resolve their issues !!! The only good thing was the flexible schedule
Good luck advancing, or getting a raise at all.
Pay is dismal and advancement is nearly non-existent; I've been paid the same wage I've had since I started here nearly 5 years ago despite working for 4 times the company contracts, if it weren't for the lack of commute and the convenience of working from home, I would have found work elsewhere long ago.
tech rep
a typical day from 6am-10 pm
learned to be tech support rep

work from home weekly team meeting

enjoyable part of the job is helping people

hardest part of the job , tool / info need to help more customer
Employees are not kids and should not get paid like kids.
Work is technical support and dealing with customers. Not only is the job technically demanding, it's mentally demanding dealing with frustrated customers. If the pay was fair there'd be less turn over, but I think turn over is good for the company having fodder to throw at aggravated customers.
All online
Over all this is pretty good job it’s all done from your home online after you’ve been there a while you need to pretty much make your schedule just taking calls to customer service pay is ok
Rote call center work
Corporate leadership has been notably absent for the previous several years, the managers and supervisors are not given the tools needed to coach for success, and are in fact told specifically not to say certain things which would improve the success of the company, and whomever is negotiating the contracts with the various companies they do business with does not have the employees best interests anywhere on their priority list.

The vast majority of supervisors are understanding and helpful. The benefits package is great if you can make use of it, I lived in a location where nobody would accept the health insurance but if you do live in a location where you can take advantage of the cigna PPO plan then its great.

Recently they made all of their employees hours contingent on their performance, and while they might believe this is an incentive to improve their KPIs for a good amount of my colleagues it actually had the opposite effect, demoralizing and building resentment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Support.com. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Support.com.