Supreme Maintenance Organization Employee Reviews

custodian
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAApril 3, 2018
DON'T DO IT...It was a job for me that was temporary job but i ended up working there for about 2 years.the job refused & never did give me no kinda raise......
Pros
don't work long
Cons
No rasie
April 11, 2018

We are very sorry that you had a negative experience with our company. That is certainly not our desire. We want all team members to feel valued and appreciated. We would like to thank you for your two years of service and wish you all the best moving forward.

Worse Job EVER!!!!!
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 23, 2018
I hate this job with a passion. The pay is low, there are blatant shows of favoritism, and the management sucks. They are constantly adding more things for you to do but will not up your pay or your hours for that matter. You only get three days of training and on top of that the supervisor that is suppose to be training you either pushes it off on someone else, shows up extremely late or doesn't show up at all. It's not a job I would recommend to anyone. I regret the day I ever applied to this job, because honestly working here is not worth the stress, the headaches nor is it worth my time!!!
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, bad management, rude people, low wages, barely any benefits etc
April 11, 2018

We are sorry that you are having a bad experience with our company. If you are still working here we suggest that you take advantage of our open door policy and discuss any concerns with your manager. If they do not offer satisfaction, then please feel free to take your concerns up the leadership chain. We will try very hard to resolve any issues you may have. Our goal is satisfied team members.

Nice work environment
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 8, 2018
Not too fast-paced, work on your own without a manager on your back, opportunity for advancement, mangers are nice and understanding and the schedule is flexible
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits, not even vacation time
Horrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 21, 2018
Just horrible. Winston Salem especially. I work there twice and summer time is ridiculous. 12+ hour shifts 7.25 n hour. They really don’t care. You barely make anything for two weeks and trust me it’s hard work.
Pros
Not one.
February 28, 2018

We would like to thank you for your service. Yes. Janitorial service work can sometimes be very hard work but it can be very rewarding when you get to see the final product such as a shiny clean refinished floor. It is not the policy of SMO to pay minimum wage so we apologize if you were not being paid our normal starting pay rate.

Structured, functional, yet friendly.
Floater (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 8, 2018
Working at Supreme Maintenance Organization is a relatively straightforward experience. Managers are fair, co-workers are friendly on average. The best thing that can be said is that the instructions given are generally easy to follow. It's a good job if you just want to get into the stream of working and find a rhythm.
Pros
Stable working environment, productive experience.
Cons
Lack of dynamic activity, or varied events.
February 13, 2018

Thank you so much for your service to SMO and more importantly to our customers. We have often found that folks who work in our industry or some of the best people in the world and we are very blessed to have many of them on our team. Thank you for the feedback.

Never Again
Floater (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 2, 2018
I have documentation saying I would be paid for 40 hrs as a floater and after I proceeded with the open door policy my hours was cut which my supervisor said he would do so if I went over his head which forced me to look for an better opportunity when there was work available with the company.
February 13, 2018

We are very sorry that our company was not able to meet your expectations. Due to the nature of the Floater position, the hours may vary from day to day and week to week. We will investigate these matters and try very hard to make sure they do not happen again. We appreciate your service and your feedback.

Unprofessional Work Environment
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 28, 2018
The person that trained me my first week was a well known alcoholic and called me out my name on the third day.This employee continually came to work intoxicated. There were several occasions that employees would come to work sober and leave drunk. The manager had trouble be truthful and often showed favoritism to the Non African American staff. I stayed because that's what I needed to do at the time. I would not recommend anyone work at that facility that does not have to.
February 8, 2018

We are very sorry that you had a bad experience while working with our company. SMO maintains a Drug and Alcohol free policy and would expect team members to report any violations to their Superior or to Human Resources so that appropriate actions could be taken. We thank you for your service.

Enjoyed the work did not enjoy the job.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Cayce, SCDecember 25, 2017
I enjoy working where I am kept busy but this job had unnecessary things going on. There is always something that makes me say what the world is going on. Need a change quickly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No advancement, no raises.
January 24, 2018

We are sorry you experienced some issues while working for SMO. Please keep in mind that we have an open door policy and encourage team members to offer feedback.

Unknown
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 23, 2017
It was a job consist of making sure the job was done in a timely matter without having a hard time not being able to function. It was also a job where everybody worked together.
January 24, 2018

Thank you for your service. We are blessed to have team members who enjoy working together to achieve common goals.

Low pay too much work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 19, 2017
Working here is not good . More duties added and no pay increase. They expect you to do a massive amount of work for little pay . No praise when do a good job. I worked here a year and i seen an est. Of 20 employs come and go
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, add on responsibilty and no pay increase
January 24, 2018

We are sorry you experience with SMO did not go as expected. We do expect our team members to work at a steady and productive rate but we do not expect you to be a super hero. Keep in mind our open door policy and we encourage feedback on any issues you may have.

Custodian (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 17, 2017
Going in cleaning the office in the tower along with restrooms and vacuuming,dusting and doing doors glass and picking up trash. I also had to clean the warehouse.I really didn't learn anything because I knew how to clean. The hardest part of the job is cleaning the warehouse.There really wasn't an enjoyable part of the job
January 24, 2018

We would like to thank you for your service. Cleaning in a warehouse can be a challenging environment and my not be suited to everyone.

Horrible Place to work
Cleaning Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 21, 2017
The sanitation of this allegedly "Green" Company is not sanitary at all. There is a lot of favoritism with this company. I would not recommend employment.
Cons
Favoritism, low pay and extreme work, no supervisor support.
January 25, 2018

SMO takes sustainability very serious and we are committed to being good environmental stewards. We are sorry that you did not have a good experience. We do encourage all our team members to express their concerns using our open door policy.

January 25, 2018

SMO takes sustainability very seriously and we are committed to being good environmental stewards. We provide our valued team members with the latest green products and train them using green cleaning procedures. I apologize if you feel that you were not treated properly and wish we had been given the opportunity to correct your grievances. We thank you for your service.

Dirty job
Working Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 25, 2017
It's a dirty job, with no benefits. You are basically cleaning warehouses after the trucks leave. It is honest hard work but you are not paid great. You meet nice people.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Dirty, no benefits
September 14, 2017

Unfortunately, sometimes cleaning jobs are dirty. SMO does offer competative benefits package to all employees, even part time, such as 401K, paid vacation etc. Please check all available benefits in your Team Member Handbook.

Work Duties
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 9, 2017
My first routine when I come in.Empty waste basket and clean windows. After that I go outside and empty the outside trashcan. My 3rd routine I empty the work area waste basket and sweep the floor. Then sweep and mop the break areas on the 1st floor. Dump garbage in dumpster.
Poor Morale
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 2, 2017
Do Not Recommend Job To Anyone.Not really interested talking about the job to anybody,extremely poor management and show favoritism to certain people also.
August 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry you did not have a good experience as that is not our intent. We ask out team members who may have an issue to use our open door policy so that we can work to resolve their concerns.

A place where you work quietly and you learn how to work in team.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2017
Lot decisions to take.
How to handle time
Efficient
Atmosphere to be heard
The non-compliance of some workers
Make friends and customer satisfaction
Pros
Managing my own time
Cons
Clarify wage policies with regular workers
August 2, 2017

Thanks for your comments. We are lucky to have you on our team.

A lot of opportunities to grow.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 1, 2017
Great atmosphere, highly recommended. If you want to start your career, this is the best company. Great opportunities to grow and a lot of incentives.
August 2, 2017

Thanks for your comments. One of the things that we really like to do is give team members the opportunity to grow.

Great Place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 1, 2017
Great Place to work. Good people to work with. I have fun everyday on the job. Our customers are the best, we take pride in the way we serve our employees.
Pros
Great Place to work
August 2, 2017

Thanks for your kind words. We are blessed to have you on the SMO Team.

Highly recommended
Management (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 1, 2017
My experience with Supreme Maintenance Organization is that it is a company committed to making the employee feel like a valuable member of the team. I would recommend them to others looking for a job in this industry.
Pros
Vacation pay, insurance, various opportunities to grow with the company
Cons
Industry turnover
August 2, 2017

Thanks so much for taking time to comments. We are blessed to have many valuable team members.

Productive Environment, Fun place to work
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro NCAugust 1, 2017
I believe that SMO is one of the 2 best cleaning company in the state of NC to work for. We provide so many ways for you to achieve your long term and short term goals. We strive in ways to take care of our customers as well as our team members. We are a family based company that look forward to enhancing people's lives. I am looking forward to finishing my career with this company. So, don't wait apply today! Your decision to act now can change your life and future.
Pros
Job growth with in, paid vacation for part timers and excellent training program.
Cons
Would like to see health care for all employees mainly Part timers.
August 2, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are blessed to have so many wonderful folks on our team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supreme Maintenance Organization. Our community is ready to answer.

Supreme Maintenance Organization Reviews by Location