Sure-Fire, Inc.

Sure-Fire, Inc. Employee Reviews

This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Great people, fair wages, good benefits and a healthy respect for the work/family balance. This a great place to work if you enjoy working independently and have good self motivation. A casual to corporate casual work environment with plenty of shop talk.
Sure-Fire has been a great employer to work for. The compensation and benefits are very good. I like that the work varies from day to day. I have worked here many years as have a large percentage of the employees. I continue to learn every day as we work on different projects. The best part of the job are the people that I work with. I have always felt comfortable talking to the managers if there is a concern that I have. They work very hard to keep the employees engaged in the company and respect their opinions.
Most home owner do not have money set aside to replace the furnace or air conditioner, so, the hardest part of the job is telling someone they need a new unit today! The best part of the job is repairing somebody's unit!
A typical day at work for me is coming in and reviewing work performed from day before and then talking with customers about there problems and how to help them.What you have learned to answer that i have come long ways here and still always learning something new everyday.Management is always improving to help make it easier for guys in the field.Workplace culture here is good been working with a lot of same guys for years.The hardest part of the job is going to be not be able to help everyone with there problems we can only do so much in a day but we try our best.The best part of the job is making people happy and comfortable.
Family-oriented company that respects work-life balance. It's a third-generation business with lots of long-term employees that take pride in their work.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Owners have almost always been decent to work for/ with over the years. The work can be difficult at times, but rewarding in the end. The crews are generally good to work with, most are willing to share knowledge with others.
I have worked for Sure-Fire Inc. for over 15 years. The culture is great and the fellow employees are awesome. Compensation, vacation, and fringe benefits are good. The company puts a lot of faith in their employees and let's you control your own destiny however; you need to perform to get you due diligence . In my time at Sure-Fire Inc. i have seen two people get "let go" and it appears to me that they were either a nuisance employee or just not right for the job. If family matters come up they understand...as they have children of their own. Sure-Fire Inc. thrives on long term employees, and I am glad to be part of it. Would i recommend Sure-Fire Inc. as a employer, absolutely!
I enjoy my job. I have had the opportunity to learn new skills. I appreciate the work/family balance. Family is important at Sure-Fire. The hardest part of my job is coming to work everyday with a department lead/manager that is the most unprofessional person I have ever worked with.
Good people and place to work for. Family oriented management. Field and office communication is good!! Great to work for a company that values quality not just quantity! Great projects to work on. Safe job site environment. Working with quality GC’s across state of Wisconsin.
These are not ethical people. They'll promise you training, advancement, bonuses, etc. But deliver nothing. And, when asked, you're blown off like they have no time and are better than you. The old management was difficult to deal with but now that the son took over, it's worse. There was nothing good about this .organizationcthebusiness
Official response from Sure-Fire, Inc.
August 5, 2019
Letting go of an employee is a very difficult decision to make. As with almost all terminations, there are differences of opinions and obvious disappointments with how things went – usually on both sides. We’re always trying to make Sure-Fire better, both to our customers and our employees. Whoever you are, although it may not have seemed like we heard what you were saying, the feedback we receive from our employees and outgoing employees is very important. Sometimes it leads to changes for the better, but other times difficult decisions must be made that don’t lead to the changes that some people want to see. When this happens, we at least try to give explanations as to why those changes aren't able to be made.Thank you for your time at Sure-Fire, we wish you nothing but the best wherever life takes you.Casey Malesevich (the son)PresidentSure-Fire, Inc.
Once I learned my job duties I was left on my own to accomplish daily, weekly and monthly tasks on my own organized time frame. AS the accounting assistant I work closely with the office manager and receptionist to accomplish certain tasks.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Small company with limited resources
Safety meeting in the morning then work , it was a safe place to work in and the hours where good also we had the right tools for the the job and the boss was concern about the saftey of us
A great place to work would be where the team player come together and performed there job as planed. When working with a group of individual there is always room to learn something new . As for what I like to focus on when dealing with the management department. I like to make sure I have a clear understand of what is excepted of me.The hardest part of the job would be focusing on stating new projects, but once I can go over the plans I should not have any problems. I like to enjoy the simple fact that I have a job.
Pros
I like to work as a teamplayer
Cons
Making sure that I'm on the same pages as my co-workers.
  1. Employee Reviews