Surf Style Retail Management Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Managers need to be on the same page.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL #105April 9, 2018
To many managers and they all tell you something different. They don't know how to talk to their employees. Pay isn't to bad but you can work all the hours you want. You get a store discount of 30%.
Pros
Discount 30%
Cons
Managment
Terrible
Cashier/Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLMarch 2, 2018
Management didn’t know what they were doing half the time. Pay was terrible. Forced you to work even though your shift is over. Always calls you on your day off. Micromanaging is a really big issue here as well. Closing and opening shifts a lot.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Micromanagement, pay, hours
cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2018
seasonal job in the summer you get no breaks for an 8 hour shift boring in the winter you just walk around doing nothing the managers just sit in the office eating and laughing and they leave you by yourself and they don't train you properly there's no costumers or nothing to do they treat employes bad there bathroom is always broken you have to go next door or to a park no a.c. or air conditioning, there's also a lot of leaks when it rains it gets flooded
Pros
hours
Cons
work conditions
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Fun beach environment, great part-time job. Learned customer service and sales while working at this job. Much of the job consists of your position. I worked sales in the sunglasses.
Surf style
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Surf style is a huge tourist attraction. I used to run the fitting room. It interesting to be able to meet different people from all around the world.
Fun but stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2018
I love working here ! I just moved so it’s a little far from where I love, and sometimes it was a bit stressful. We never had enough employees so we would sometimes have to work double in order to leave on time.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 19, 2017
It was the best first job ever. I got to meet a lot of travelers and talk to them about the places they were from. It was never boring. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Fun workplace
Great place too work
Store Manager / warehouse manger (Current Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALNovember 5, 2017
You won’t regret working here. The boss theat you as like family. You can work a lot of hours and make plenty of paper to pay the bills. Surf style they make the beach fun
Worst
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 28, 2017
They delete reviews, managers never work, this place is full of gossip and drama, am new working here it’s a bad experience so far, unprofessional and tats should be covered
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Gossip coworkers
Great job for a high school student
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 24, 2017
This was my first job and I liked it. I enjoyed being able to make my own money. Over all its a good little side job, but the management just sucks. A lot of the managers I worked with had really bad attitudes and were very unprofessional in my opinion.

Want to know more about Surf Style Retail Management Inc.?

Ask a question
Worst place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 23, 2017
Job security is whack, they don't care about the employees As long they making money they can care less about you. Managers are rude to workers and customers. They only act right when they know corporate will show up.
Pros
Discount
Cons
They complain about how you do your job but they won't train.
Great Company
Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLOctober 17, 2017
Great company, keeps growing and evolving and so it never gets boring! Everyone is like a family, most people are there for 10 years or more! Stores are beautiful and they keep remodeling them to make them even nicer. They are always open to ideas. Every year or two new benefits are added and employee incentives
Pros
Awesome benefit package
Cons
Lots of work hours
the place is so cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALOctober 1, 2017
i loved to working there, the place is fun and the people are awesome. our customers are always happy because we provide quality services to them. hope to be there again.
horrible place horrible managers horrible disrict managers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALAugust 31, 2017
All management is terrible rude horrible and unprofessional. Not only managers district managers are terrible as well and rude. They don't do nothing but smoke in the back and be rude and sit on their butts. They are not understanding about anything. Times I think they just come to sit and do nothing for a check. I wouldn't allow my kids to work at this company. If they owners are like this then they don't care about there employees. This company is the worse company with the worse management and district managers ever. Terrible pay. And they lie about your pay as well this company can not be trusted. Run for the hills
Pros
Cons
the whole business
Good
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 20, 2017
I loved surf style movement. I had very good sales associates there that helped a lot. Great company its a very friendly job to enjoy. Laid back slow paced but its a very great store.
Pros
clothes
Cons
n/a
Horrible place to work
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALAugust 18, 2017
Horrible place to work they don't pay fair then they delete what people say in the review they don't have any flexibility in schedule they need to pay Enough to come to work
lol
former casier (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLAugust 16, 2017
Awful menegement , and even more awful menegers, in fact almost every one there is a maneger...lol, You have to stay on your feet all day long, not even try to sit, work is so boring, that even managers trying to think what to do to not be standing like a stupid, they do anything, putting all stuff to different places every day...lol almost everyone is from romania or moldova there
Pros
free lunches...are you kidding?? :)
Boring
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALJuly 27, 2017
I hired on as an assistant manager in the off season. I did not feel the culture was in tune with my values and the distance traveled versus the pay wasn't a good trade-off for me, so I resigned.
Pros
Cons
long drive, not fun
Overall
Sales Associate at Island Liqour (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLJuly 26, 2017
Does not supply Employees necessary tools to perform job.
Job security is poor.
Unreliable communication between Management and Employee.
Wage is not compatible with job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Poor communication Management to Employee, Not enough tools to perform job.
Very boring and stressful place - main indoor surfing stote
Sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  315 gulf blvrd clearwater beach9July 17, 2017
You get paid 8.25 and if they give 4 shifts, you have to cover your break at the end of work. Break time is 30 minutes. Usually, they dont want employees to work overtime. The managers are not trained at all, and unfortunately they speak English barely. So, they will put you in work withoat proper training and demand excellent work. You will be micromanaged, because there are a lot of managers, every manager can interrupt and critize you or eant you to do some task. Some managers are nice, but mist of tgem are not, they behave like children. Nothing is free for employees, even the surf and style t shirts are sold to employees. You have to stand 8 hours, no sitting at all. And because tge job is so boring, employees try to speak to others; to somehow rellieve the boredom, but they dont allow it, every manager will criticize and threaten you, you have to constantly work.
Maybe situation is different in other stores, but in main store it sucks, in 1 month that i was working, 7 PEOPLE QUIT THE JOB....
Cons
30 minute break, nothing is free, working until 12:30 am, micromanaging, boring job, not trained managers, rude managers