Surf Style Retail Management Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun working environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 10, 2018
Fun working place! it's a good job for someone such as teenagers just starting to work. It's easy until busy seasons. Low pay but you get as many hours as you'd like.
Pros
Hours
Cons
healthcare, pay
Poor culture and pay
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Madiera Beach FlMay 26, 2018
My time at Surf Style was for over a year, mismanagement , drama, and low pay is what defined this job. Another negative was that the people hired were often unprofessional, and just were there to collect their 8 dollars.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything else
Managers need to be on the same page.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL #105April 9, 2018
To many managers and they all tell you something different. They don't know how to talk to their employees. Pay isn't to bad but you can work all the hours you want. You get a store discount of 30%.
Pros
Discount 30%
Cons
Managment
multicultural atmosphere
cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FL 33767March 4, 2018
I liked working at Surf Style you get to meet a lot of people. You can get a lot of hours if you like too. I did my job so I never had a problem with management.
Pros
I met most of my friends here
Cons
Traffic and pay
Terrible
Cashier/Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLMarch 2, 2018
Management didn’t know what they were doing half the time. Pay was terrible. Forced you to work even though your shift is over. Always calls you on your day off. Micromanaging is a really big issue here as well. Closing and opening shifts a lot.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Micromanagement, pay, hours
cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2018
seasonal job in the summer you get no breaks for an 8 hour shift boring in the winter you just walk around doing nothing the managers just sit in the office eating and laughing and they leave you by yourself and they don't train you properly there's no costumers or nothing to do they treat employes bad there bathroom is always broken you have to go next door or to a park no a.c. or air conditioning, there's also a lot of leaks when it rains it gets flooded
Pros
hours
Cons
work conditions
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Fun beach environment, great part-time job. Learned customer service and sales while working at this job. Much of the job consists of your position. I worked sales in the sunglasses.
Surf style
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Surf style is a huge tourist attraction. I used to run the fitting room. It interesting to be able to meet different people from all around the world.
Fun but stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2018
I love working here ! I just moved so it’s a little far from where I love, and sometimes it was a bit stressful. We never had enough employees so we would sometimes have to work double in order to leave on time.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 19, 2017
It was the best first job ever. I got to meet a lot of travelers and talk to them about the places they were from. It was never boring. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Fun workplace
Great place too work
Store Manager / warehouse manger (Current Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALNovember 5, 2017
You won’t regret working here. The boss theat you as like family. You can work a lot of hours and make plenty of paper to pay the bills. Surf style they make the beach fun
Worst
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 28, 2017
They delete reviews, managers never work, this place is full of gossip and drama, am new working here it’s a bad experience so far, unprofessional and tats should be covered
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Gossip coworkers
Great job for a high school student
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 24, 2017
This was my first job and I liked it. I enjoyed being able to make my own money. Over all its a good little side job, but the management just sucks. A lot of the managers I worked with had really bad attitudes and were very unprofessional in my opinion.
Worst place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 23, 2017
Job security is whack, they don't care about the employees As long they making money they can care less about you. Managers are rude to workers and customers. They only act right when they know corporate will show up.
Pros
Discount
Cons
They complain about how you do your job but they won't train.
Great Company
Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLOctober 17, 2017
Great company, keeps growing and evolving and so it never gets boring! Everyone is like a family, most people are there for 10 years or more! Stores are beautiful and they keep remodeling them to make them even nicer. They are always open to ideas. Every year or two new benefits are added and employee incentives
Pros
Awesome benefit package
Cons
Lots of work hours
the place is so cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALOctober 1, 2017
i loved to working there, the place is fun and the people are awesome. our customers are always happy because we provide quality services to them. hope to be there again.
horrible place horrible managers horrible disrict managers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALAugust 31, 2017
All management is terrible rude horrible and unprofessional. Not only managers district managers are terrible as well and rude. They don't do nothing but smoke in the back and be rude and sit on their butts. They are not understanding about anything. Times I think they just come to sit and do nothing for a check. I wouldn't allow my kids to work at this company. If they owners are like this then they don't care about there employees. This company is the worse company with the worse management and district managers ever. Terrible pay. And they lie about your pay as well this company can not be trusted. Run for the hills
Pros
Cons
the whole business
Good
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 20, 2017
I loved surf style movement. I had very good sales associates there that helped a lot. Great company its a very friendly job to enjoy. Laid back slow paced but its a very great store.
Pros
clothes
Cons
n/a
Horrible place to work
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALAugust 18, 2017
Horrible place to work they don't pay fair then they delete what people say in the review they don't have any flexibility in schedule they need to pay Enough to come to work
Boring
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALJuly 27, 2017
I hired on as an assistant manager in the off season. I did not feel the culture was in tune with my values and the distance traveled versus the pay wasn't a good trade-off for me, so I resigned.
Pros
Cons
long drive, not fun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surf Style Retail Management Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.