Surf Style Retail Management Inc. Employee Reviews

This job is not a beneficial and you will be broke. Overtime will not help
General Labor (Former Employee) –  HollywoodNovember 2, 2018
This is not job. This is slavery. U might be working for free if your gonna work. It’s not fun and definitely not beneficial. You will be broke even if you work overtime.
It was a great place to work
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed working there, it was fun and everyone was enjoying each other company I actually loved it. The manager was cool and he was also a hard working person.
Funplace
Sales Consultant Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2018
Non strong administration. No man's land.customers are rude.employees need professional training.acting mngrs,aren't trained for the tasks .management is poor.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non Supervision
Fun place
Sales and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALAugust 23, 2018
Was a fun environment to be in for 8 hours. Plenty of floor to work. Management was very relaxed as were the employees. They were very generous with hours as long as you were willing to work! Pay was great! .. As long as you worked your butt off!
Pros
Long lunch break and plenty of hours
Cons
Sometimes too many hours
Awfull
Janitor and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALAugust 16, 2018
i learned how to use a cash register and that's about it on the positives. The management just dumps any work they have on the employees and sit on their phones and I'm not even exaggerating. Only consider if you have no other options at all.
Pros
Turnover rate is extremely high job guaranteed.
Cons
Short lunch, Bad managers, Awfull schedules.
Productive workplace
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALAugust 1, 2018
It was usually a relaxed and layed back kind of job. Everyone knew what job had to be done and we accomplished it. Worse part late nights and early mornings.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Late nights and early mornings
Good except for management on the convenient side other then that I’ll recommend
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 21, 2018
Working there was overall good except for management on the convenient side they are very unprofessional and cruel to some of the workers there on the convent side other then that I loved it i made friends with majority of every co worker there and it kept me busy
Pros
Pay/ friendly
Cons
It was a fun place to work. I liked my coworkers. I liked being busy!
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madeira Beach, FLJune 25, 2018
It was my first time in retail . I enjoyed working there and the fast pace of the shop was great ! I love stocking and loves the environment of the store !
Pros
I stayed busy
Cons
Don’t care for the rehire process, had to leave because of school and really wanted to go back, after giving notice they won’t let me .
Fun working environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 10, 2018
Fun working place! it's a good job for someone such as teenagers just starting to work. It's easy until busy seasons. Low pay but you get as many hours as you'd like.
Pros
Hours
Cons
healthcare, pay
Poor culture and pay
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Madiera Beach FlMay 26, 2018
My time at Surf Style was for over a year, mismanagement , drama, and low pay is what defined this job. Another negative was that the people hired were often unprofessional, and just were there to collect their 8 dollars.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything else
Managers need to be on the same page.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL #105April 9, 2018
To many managers and they all tell you something different. They don't know how to talk to their employees. Pay isn't to bad but you can work all the hours you want. You get a store discount of 30%.
Pros
Discount 30%
Cons
Managment
multicultural atmosphere
cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FL 33767March 4, 2018
I liked working at Surf Style you get to meet a lot of people. You can get a lot of hours if you like too. I did my job so I never had a problem with management.
Pros
I met most of my friends here
Cons
Traffic and pay
Terrible
Cashier/Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLMarch 2, 2018
Management didn’t know what they were doing half the time. Pay was terrible. Forced you to work even though your shift is over. Always calls you on your day off. Micromanaging is a really big issue here as well. Closing and opening shifts a lot.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Micromanagement, pay, hours
cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2018
seasonal job in the summer you get no breaks for an 8 hour shift boring in the winter you just walk around doing nothing the managers just sit in the office eating and laughing and they leave you by yourself and they don't train you properly there's no costumers or nothing to do they treat employes bad there bathroom is always broken you have to go next door or to a park no a.c. or air conditioning, there's also a lot of leaks when it rains it gets flooded
Pros
hours
Cons
work conditions
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Fun beach environment, great part-time job. Learned customer service and sales while working at this job. Much of the job consists of your position. I worked sales in the sunglasses.
Surf style
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Surf style is a huge tourist attraction. I used to run the fitting room. It interesting to be able to meet different people from all around the world.
Fun but stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2018
I love working here ! I just moved so it’s a little far from where I love, and sometimes it was a bit stressful. We never had enough employees so we would sometimes have to work double in order to leave on time.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 19, 2017
It was the best first job ever. I got to meet a lot of travelers and talk to them about the places they were from. It was never boring. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Fun workplace
Great place too work
Store Manager / warehouse manger (Current Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALNovember 5, 2017
You won’t regret working here. The boss theat you as like family. You can work a lot of hours and make plenty of paper to pay the bills. Surf style they make the beach fun
Worst
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 28, 2017
They delete reviews, managers never work, this place is full of gossip and drama, am new working here it’s a bad experience so far, unprofessional and tats should be covered
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Gossip coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surf Style Retail Management Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about