Surge Staffing Employee Reviews

Run far away!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousApril 15, 2019
Do not and I repeat do not work for Surge Staffing as an internal employee! They fire people on a regular basis for no apparent reason! Upper management is the biggest joke I have ever seen! They will talk down to you, degrade you, and cuss you out! Do not be fooled there is nothing good about a company who has horrible reviews on indeed and glassdoor! All of what is said is true. They pay people to write positive reviews hoping it will boost their sad score reviews! Save yourself and go work for a better company.
Horrible work place.
SENIOR WORKFORCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 13, 2019
It's all about who you kiss up to you have a job security. Otherwise they cut you right off the top. Do not consider this place for anything. (HORRIBLE). Local offices Managers are on professional they treat you like garbage in less you are sweet to there level.They smoke weed in the office and then they try to take a Drug Test to the new Recruits while high on the job.
enjoyable workplace atmosphere
Office Manager/Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVApril 4, 2019
gives you a sense of purpose to help someone find a job, earn a paycheck, become self sufficient, and a productive member of society. allows u the freedom to work both independently and with a team
Great working with them
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2019
It was great working with them they treated me right retreated me forever they were good people if anything ever happened I would love to work with him again
Pros
It was no free lunch
Cons
Short breaks off 15 minutes in the health is okay I guess
The surge office it's self is fine
General Labor Temp (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSMarch 31, 2019
I think that surge is a great place to work. They place you fast. They try there hardest to help out wit all problems if any. They placed me the same day. I went in on a Friday and started Monday
Pros
They place u fast
Cons
They are slow when it comes to payroll
productive workspace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 28, 2019
once my on-site manager had an employee teach me how to workat my station thoroughly, also made sure to ask questions and i was set and ready to work.
Pros
45 mintute break, long hours, good pay
Cons
cold, exhausting at times
AWFUL! You do NOT want to work there!
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 27, 2019
It is too good to be true! I can say with all honesty. Corporate does not properly train their district managers and does not give them or other branch staff members the proper training or guidance. Even if you were to call to get assistance, it takes forever to get an answer. Sometimes it takes weeks and weeks at a time. They have tried to make us do things that companies that we worked with did not want. You can bend over backwards to do whatever you can to make the branch succeed but they don't care about that. They will fire you no matter how hard you try. They really do not care about you at all. I did enjoy trying to help people find jobs and it can be very rewarding if they end up getting hired in. But this is not the company you want to work for. There is absolutely no job stability at all and get threatened on the phone by uppermanagement so they won't end up with a paper trail. BE WARE!
Cons
Management!
Pleasant work environment
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, OHMarch 21, 2019
Good benefits, good work environment, work closely with management, good sourcing technique, not enough job stability, good co-worker environment, good pay
Avoid - Avoid - Avoid
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMarch 20, 2019
Pay was decent. Coworkers in office was fine. I agree with the other people that rated this company. They will threaten you and fire you if office does not perform to what they expect. It is very stressful.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Corporate office
Review
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 19, 2019
At the time they needed more office staff but other than that, the staff was friendly and worked hard to get me placed as quick as possible, answered any and all questions I had and resolved any issues that came up as quickly as possible
Horrible
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2019
The training was all videos and you were expecting to jump right in. If you don’t learn quickly you were left in the dust. In my 5 months there, 5 people left in my role in a department of 3. Were expecting to stay late and no receive overtime pay, being an impossible task as someone who works 2 jobs. Expected to work through lunch to show dedication. Constantly tried scaring people with threats of being fired or just firing them for nothing. Managers didn’t care and constantly looking to blame someone for something going wrong. Manager wouldn’t help when her department was getting over whelmed with work.
If you enjoy being belittled this is the job for you! No professionalism at all. People wore sweats to work in a “business casual” environment. This entire company was a complete joke.
Staffing Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 17, 2019
Management is a joke, work all the time but they will find any reason to fire you. Always have to do more than 2 people’s jobs. Horrible at training, pick favorites
Pros
Pay
Surge Staffing
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 14, 2019
Surge is a churn and burn company. They use their employees until the stress gets to them, and they quit. The work life balance is non-existent, and the pay in ridiculously low.
Pros
Cons
Expected to drop everything no matter the hour to work.
WestRock
temp. agency (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 22, 2019
Just did not like dealing with the issues of rodents at the actual job site. (WestRock).Found it to be a hazardous job.Great pay and descent hours. Just a lots of pest !!!
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Last minute notification of when we would have to work weekends.
Could be an awesome Company, if.....
Senior Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 18, 2019
I worked with this company for a while and seen people come and go left and right. Upper management is the laughing stock of the company to put it nicely. They are what you would call fire happy when things are not going the way they want, but will NOT take the time to properly train or correct someone instead they just mask the problem and start all over and then fire that new person close to their 90 day mark because they were not properly trained either. The Customers that we would service or try to service HATE working with this company due to the shadiness and inconsistencies. The expectations upper management have are mind blowing. Its all about that money and they do not care how you obtain it whether be legit or illegal. In my time at this company i seen so much shady things happen and could do nothing about it. No integrity whatsoever in these people :( One minute you can be working your butt off and be told you are the best at what your job title is and then be let go the next minute for not meeting hours(when you're not the only one in the office). They talk about being a team and how important it is, but trust me when i say that is the furthest thing from a team i have ever seen! This company WILL NOT back you up in any situation, It will ALWAYS be YOUR fault even if it is theirs. So if you are looking for a GREAT company to work for, i would advise looking elsewhere :)
Pros
Pay, LOVED the people in my office!!
Cons
Upper management, Super Shady
Worst company I’ve ever worked for.
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 8, 2019
Poor training.
Poor management.
Poor communication skills.
Threatened job daily.
A lot of turnover. No direct leader in most offices.
No appreciation
Pros
Cons
All of it
Great place to get a start
Temp (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Surge staffing has a great team the ladies in the office really work hard finding and placing you in the right position. Your pay is on time and the pay rate is good
It was a great and fun eviroment to grow with a new company.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 31, 2019
I received my certification for being able to drive all lifts. I was in training to become shipping management but my assignment ended.i worked ther for 3 years and didn't have a chance to be a permanent employee.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Insurence to much
Great place to work.
Temporary assembly floral industry (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAJanuary 18, 2019
Interesting job working with diverse group. A bit of a language challenge as not all employees speak English, however all supervisors do and all employees were very cooperative, hard working and enjoyable to work with. Supervisors were patient and diligent in explaining the work process. A very good work experience!
Pros
Afternoon/evening hours and close to home
Cons
Too temporary. Would like for the contract to last longer.
Official response from Surge Staffing
January 25, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a good experience with us! If you would ever like to consider further employment or more for long-term opportunities, please visit our office for new assignments.

my job
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2018
new to the company so I cannot give an adequate review. My hours are second shift, the work place is fast paced, I work as a machine operator and fork truck driver
Official response from Surge Staffing
January 25, 2019

Thank you for your review. We look forward to working with you now and in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surge Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9