Surgery Partners Employee Reviews

Stimulating and relaxed workplace at the same time!
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 22, 2018
SurgCare has been a wonderful place to start my career, and perhaps the company will allow for major advancement one day. The staff at Wilmington surgCare have all been a joy to work with!
Pros
Free lunches
Not a good Career move!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 21, 2018
Managers in Corporate and in office would rather accuse an employee rather then help them! Taking a job will make you question yourself every day. Trust nobody. The manager local and regional will not support or respect you! No training
Pros
I can’t think of one.
Cons
No Raises, No Management support!
No structured
PAR LEAD (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Surgery partners has terrible leadership They promote based on friendships HR is friends with managers there is not way to express concerns regarding leaders
Positive and cooperative worplace
Inpatient RN (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 30, 2018
Surgery Partners is a great place to work. The nurse-to-patient ratio at my hospital is lower than most hospitals in the area - usually about 1-3, occasionally 1-4. The starting salary is a bit higher than nearby hospitals, from what I've been told.The atmosphere is cooperative and positive; I have always felt support and encouragement from my coworkers and everyone helps each other to accomplish what needs to be done. I also like that the patients here are not sick - they're here for elective surgery instead of illness, so less germs overall. Also, weekend shifts are fewer than most hospitals because the surgeons do most of their work during the week. Management is supportive and pay/benefits are good.
Pros
Cheap lunches, good pay/benefits, positive environment
Cons
Limited nursing skills required/practiced (only orthopedic patients)
Exciting company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 17, 2018
I recently joined Surgery Partners and couldn't be happier with my decision! The new management team is world-class and dedicated to creating a culture of growth and opportunity. It's a faced-paced environment with lots of opportunities to make an impact.
Pros
Entrepreneurial culture, great leadership, excellent patient outcomes and customer service focus
Cons
The company is still transforming so you have to be comfortable with ambiguity change
Medical Assistant and Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaAugust 12, 2018
Save yourself! This company is unorganized and chaotic. There are some staff who keep trying to help and do their best. There are plenty of patients who need care but it’s like a circus. Hard to find answers to patient concerns. I feel so sorry for the doctors and the patients.
I saw a lot of great reviews from everywhere but Orlando area. Maybe it’s just Orlando’s upper management. The new city manager is sweet but out of her league. Don’t waste your time.
Pros
You’ll always be busy!
Cons
Everything else
Easy balance
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 9, 2018
Working here is really easy to balance life. If you need time off for something really important, management will always let you have it. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
Free lunches
Busy Surgery Center with Supportive staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 8, 2018
The staff is friendly and supportive. A typical day is very busy. The best part of my job is the connection made with patients and the friendships I've made with my co-workers. Overall it is a good workplace.
Love My Job!!!
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIAugust 8, 2018
I have worked at my center for 15 years. Family oriented and like any workplace culture you can have ups and downs but work them out. I love my job and our doctors are super. Great benefits and hours.
Pros
Cook outs
Family feel and overall fun place to work at
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2018
I've only been working with surgery partners for 4 months but I love it so much. Every morning when I wake up i'm excited and eager to begin my work day! My manager is fantastic and I love the people I work with. I plan to stay with this wonderful company for a very long time
Pros
Free lunch/breakfast occasionally
I love my job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 8, 2018
I don't know what everyone is talking about because I have not had any problems working here. I honestly think it's your own attitude that makes this workplace a bad one, because everyone else feeds off of that. It's a great mix of people from different places, so everyone has different cultures and beliefs, but no one makes a big deal out of that, they make a big deal out of your work ethic and attitude. I've been working here for a year and half now and I have befriended almost everyone because being a nice person isn't hard. If you can accept people and accept that when you come to work, you must work, then you'll fit right in. Expect to work and expect to make friends. I think that's the minimum any job can ask for, right?

As for getting hired, I had no experience in the health-field other than my current bachelor's degree and 300 volunteer hours in a hospital. Training with my team members was the best experience because these are the people you work with everyday and, typically, we all do the same things.
Pros
Pto
Cons
For some, not being able to acquire overtime, but it's usually not a huge deal for me. It's nice when I do get overtime, but it's not a dealbreaker.
family friendly/work -life balance
RN (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDAugust 7, 2018
Northwest Specialty a part of Surgery Partners is a family friendly environment. Life is challenging enough as a single parent and knowing that I work for a company who is compassionate about family and having a work life balance means a lot. Its a big family here. Benefits aren't bad either. Pay could be better but it is not bad necessarily either. It's balance. I chose Northwest because I know they are family friendly and I chose it even though they weren't top pay because my family is very important to me and working for a company who recognizes that everyone needs a work family life balance makes it worth it to me.
Pros
Food is amazing and very cost friendly
Great physicians who genuinely care about their patients and staff.
Clinical (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 7, 2018
Surgery Partners is a good company to work for. The physicians are very caring and kind to their patients and staff. They make it worth coming in everyday. You will have some chaotic days, but they are all worth it because if you are working for the right reasons, helping those in need, than you will truly enjoy coming to work everyday.
Pros
Free lunches from reps
Great place to work at and the future of the company looks promising
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2018
I have been here for a year now and I don't even feel it. First time in a while that I am not worried about having a "job" and just enjoy coming to work everyday. You are trained and given all the access needed to complete your work and reach your goals. They are very open to change so if you want to explore other areas of the company and change your career you can! Also plenty of room for advancement and growth I am seeing it all the time and its nice seeing great workers being rewarded or given a chance to do more and get paid more. They are always "treating" the employees to many treats and activities to show appreciation which is very nice and needed. I only see this company growing and getting better and I am happy to be a part of it. Happy with my job and look forward to being here for a while.
Pros
Flex schedule, no micro managment, good pay
Cons
none I am happy with this company
People I work with are great
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 7, 2018
I have only been a part of Surgery Partners for a short time. Still to early to indicate their role or how they effect my job. We were a part of another company prior. The transition is not complete.
Great Company
Strategy (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2018
I have been employed by Surgery Partners for 5 years. I've worked in 2 different departments. The company has significantly boosted its management team and the new strategic direction is beginning to trickle down and positively impact the employees across the organization. There is an increased focus on communication and transparency.
Pros
Positive morale and culture, relatively flat organization, growth focus
A day at SP
Revenue Cycle Manager, Tampa (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 30, 2018
Office setting very busy, lots of inventory to work thru and utilizing new technology given to us by the Corp office to assist us and make us more proficient. Very open to change and new ways of doing things.
Wonderful place to work providing great patient care
Administrator (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 20, 2018
I have worked in this same facility for over 11 years and have always felt I had the resources that I needed to do my job. I have been given the opportunity to grow professionally and have always had the support to do so.
Pros
Teamwork, support
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 20, 2018
Surgery Partners has been a great place to work. The management team here (Corporate Finance) is phenomenal. They have great moral values and always consider ways to help us grow in our careers. They really care about their employees. We get access to the accounting of many different centers which leads to great learning opportunities.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Processes that can be too manual
Revolving Door
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 5, 2018
This company isnt the best to work for, the management doesn’t listen to the employees. There’s a constant wave of negativity in the office. There is too much work to do for one person. You will be running around busy and burned out. Its not the easiest job and its not the best pay either. Keep looking and reconsider. I will say it is a jump start for those new to the field.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surgery Partners. Our community is ready to answer.