Surgical Care Affiliates Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Pain Department manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2019
Awesome staff and managers. everyone enjoys being there and the doctors are nice. The patients come in happy and glad to be there. The managers are always willing to step in to help.
I loved SCA
Perianesthesia Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 18, 2019
The various groups of people I interacted with were some of the best I've known. We are Still all friends as well. Great work environment, paperwork is easy to follow. Assignments are fair.
Pros
Flexible schedule, teamwork
Cons
More facilities in Sacramento area
Poor corporate support
RN (Former Employee) –  Perimeter surgery center AtlantaMarch 10, 2019
We had a great manager who knew how to hold people accountable but the ones that didn’t want to do their job complained and complained and they ran her off. Now the same stuff. Poor leadership again.
Onboarding
Director, Payer Engagement and Strategy (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 6, 2019
This company had the worse onboarding that I have ever experienced. I reported to 3 different people during my first 3 months so they were constantly making changes.
Pros
Compensation was okay
Cons
Very poor at onboarding
Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 1, 2019
The new CEO and Director of Nursing are making our surgery center a great place to work. I've worked at Hawthorn Surgery Center for many years and this is the most professional leadership team we've ever had. Giving safe, high quality patient care and providing work-life balance to their team is the CEO and DON's number one priority. We have safe staffing numbers which is important for safe patient care. We are also making what hospital nurses make which is fantastic. Thankful for our the new leadership team.
Pros
Lunch provided 3 days a week, self-scheduling, we get our breaks, safe staffing levels, support from our leadership team, team outings
Cons
typical surgery environment issues such as cases can run long
Micromanaged to death
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2019
Do not waste your time or energy. Nobody is happy with SCA at Kissing Camels. Micromanaged is an understatement. Upper management gets FREE LUNCH while the rest of us don't even get a 15 min break. Terrible place to work!
Pros
Cons
No breaks. Backstabbing employees
Productive and fun work place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Something I always enjoyed about my work enviroment at Surgical Care Affiliates is that no matter what there was always team building invilved no matter what job task you were to complete.
Not a good experience
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 2, 2019
It was not a good experience. I was let go 2 days before my 90 day probationary period was let go. High turnover. Catty work environment. Would not recommend.
Not a job for everyone, very fast paced long hours
Perioperative Nurse, OR Circulator (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID and Orange, CAJanuary 26, 2019
Challenging yet fun. Strong Team work. Many opportunities for learning new things. Hardest part, 5:00 start times. Long days.
Well run facility. Yearly bonus. Management will recognize a job well done. They are understanding if time is needed for outside appointments for family business. And will work around your needs. Some days the hours are long (10 to 12). It is a multi cultural environment which gives ways to great conversations.
Pros
free lunch on Fridays
Cons
No human resources on site
Charleston Surgey Center
RN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 17, 2019
DON’T DO IT!! Worst management I have ever experienced in my many years of nursing. Extremely high turnover rate, staff are unappreciated and over worked. Always understaffed. Long hours, no breaks. Unsafe work environment. The management belittles you. Communication is nonexistent. You can feel the tension and the low morale.
The staff is wonderful, most of the surgeons are wonderful. The management, or lack thereof is just really bad.
While I’m sure Surgical Care Affliates is a good company, the Charleston Surgey Center location is not a good place to work.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Management and director of nursing are the worst
Culture too relaxed for a Hospital Setting
Other (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Management has too close of a friendship with co workers, and not handling staff professionally. It's swept under the rug, other department managers and HR look the other way and say their boss is the same boss as Management, and their hands are tied.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Surgicare is a productive place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 15, 2019
Surgicare is a family orient place to work. They have flexible hours. The company is all about good patients care. The staff the doctors that work there care about there patients and they safety.
Pros
Surgicare has flexibility
Cons
Insurance
Employees treated unfairly, poor management, not patient centered
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCJanuary 3, 2019
SCA is strictly business. If you have a life outside hang it up. Less than 2 weeks orientation for a specialty clinic. Position was fabricated on interview. You will work a lot of 12 hour shifts. They change your schedule weekly unexpectedly. Don’t make plans for your days off. Rushed, fast, unsafe, chaotic work. Management does not care about employees or patients, just money. You are so rushed to get the patients in and out, you can’t even be a good nurse. They operate very different. I felt like I was going to lose my liscense. Never saw a nurse pick up a stethoscope. Staff are unappreciated and belittled. No water/snack breaks. Can barely take a bathroom break without getting in trouble. Staff are uneducated on procedures. No teamwork, your own your own. Not enough nurses or support.
Pros
Pay fair
Cons
Unsafe, rushed, belittled, poor management, no breaks
Easton md
many hats (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDDecember 24, 2018
This was not a great place to work unless you like drama and cattiness and management playing favoritism. The manager has poor management skills, if you needed something to be addressed it never got done. This was a hostile work environment to be in. I would not recommend this place for employment.
Cons
poor management, unorganized, unfriendly and lazy staff members.
Run run horrible place to work!!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2018
Opthamology Surgery Center Dallas is a PIT. They treat the surgical tech employees like robot slaves! 12 hr shifts, forced to stay over daily, no breaks for water or to go to the bathroom!! 12 hr day only 30 min lunch IF you get it. Very poor management! No one knows what their doing! Clicks and favoritism run rampant here! Look elsewhere! Do Not work for this place!!
I enjoy working there
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2018
Productive and good place to work. The company care for Patients.
The educational Assessment of what the patient needs to know to achieve recovery and return to function is what make SCA a best place. Level of Information and use of Patient Education Materials are well organize.
Not exactly Bad
Surgical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
I gave this company three stars because it wasn't that bad to work there. One of the problems I saw was mostly in managerial positions and high turn over rate. I believe that with the right mix of staff this machine could be even more well oiled.
Worth the effort, but not much room for advancement
Customer Service Representative,Account Resolution (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 4, 2018
The company culture is amazing and they really make sure that employees feel they are a part of a team/family. There are many perks to working at SCA, the management was always kind and understanding. The issue I had was a lack of advancement opportunities within my department. Working in customer service is never easy, but medical customer service is especially difficult. I think the company needs to understand this better because many of the employees in customer service are very stressed. Overall I enjoyed my teammates and my leadership.
Productive, positive work place
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 28, 2018
Great location and facility to work for. Leadership is creative and responsive with the team. Values are strongly encouraged
The workplace culture is positive and focused on providing excellence in patient care.
If you have clinical experience or administrative experience I would definitely put in an application for any open positions they may currently be posting.
Pros
Recognition for ones efforts in making it go right, team and family outings, celebrations when a goal has been reached, community service events, charity events, medical missions to Honduras.
Cons
No cons, every place you work you will have personality differences but you just work around them.
Poor management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 18, 2018
Administrator very unprofessional. Lack of communication and lack of knowledge. Very micromanaging.The CEO for the South Florida ASC very nasty and unprofessional. The worse experience of my career. Co-workers were very nice to work with at least the ones were working there a lot of staff left either voluntarily or involuntarily. Stay away from SCA especially this one in particular.
Pros
No weekends work. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Cons
Full time is just only 30 hours, They will not approve you vacation time since there isnt enough staff, Poor management, Administrator lacks of knowledge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surgical Care Affiliates. Our community is ready to answer.