Surgical Specialists of Charlotte Employee Reviews

High turnover rate
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2019
Would not recommend anyone to this practice. Management as well as upper management is a complete joke. If you do not agree with something you are automatically a problem. There is no consistency in anything and there are a lot of clicks amoung employees in every office. Lot of undermining behind employees backs a lot of non truths being told by management. Understaffed, lots of work and under paid.
A place you'll love coming to
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2019
The best management team ever!!! Some of the employees are extremly territorial......other than that, a wonderful place. I would recommend this job for a secure, strong spirited person. Let me add, not all sites are the same.
Pros
Wonderful benefits, oppurtunities to advance
Great benefits but...
CMA (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 26, 2019
It all depends on the location in which you work. Very “clicky” you are picked apart the day you walk through the door. The long timers can do no wrong so unfortunately don’t try to point out the discrimination or issues in regards to the long timers, you will never matter to management in that regard and nothing will be done even after conversations about the issues. Benefits are great and for me personally the salary was good. Poor communication within the company..period. I would never recommend this place to anyone. The CMA’s in this practice are basically glorified secretaries. It is not very clinical at all.
Pros
Benefits, 1 hour lunch, holiday time and PTO accrual, salary compensation
Cons
Poor communication, last minute notice for job assignments, performing more than 1 persons work, “clicky groups” within practice. Most employees do not act as team.
Ssclt
RMA (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2019
Surgical Specialists is a great place to work. They always give words of encouragement. They also encourage the willingness to excel. They welcome any news ideas from all employees. At Surgical Specialists, we are not just employees, we are a family. I am honored to work at such a place!
Pros
We get paid to be born again!!(our birthday) Great benefits package!
Cons
N\a
I love my job!
I love coming to work everyday. I am allowed to work in 4 different offices which allows me to follow my providers everywhere they work. Great communication and collaboration at all levels.
Pros
Paid time off increases with each year of service, Competitive pay and benefits-excellent insurance, Awesome management staff, Caring and highly skilled surgeons, Easy onboarding process and great training, Inclement weather policy
Cons
I honestly do not have any cons. I love this company and cannot see myself working anywhere else.
This is a great place to work!
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Randolph RdNovember 5, 2018
This is a great place to work! Management cares about its employees and listens to our needs. They implement changes based on our requests and I love my job!
Good Starter Job
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2018
I feel that some of the locations are good and beneficial otherwise I feel this company is very unorganized. The assistants in Pineville quit all the time. The physicians are Great but the management and training is subpar.
Over worked and under paid.
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2017
Allocated work outside realm of expertise. I was already over loaded and always willing to take in new assignments. They took advantage of that and never increased my pay. It was becoming a liability for me and the practice considering there's NO room for mistakes when dealing with patients lives.
Pros
Great Surgeons
Cons
Poor management
The Dr's are amazing. Senior Management is Clueless
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2017
The Dr's are amazing. The Senior Management is absolutely clueless. The only known explanation for them having their jobs and keeping them … they must be related to someone.
You know what they say: Company Culture Starts at the Top :(
Pros
Serving Patients & working with great Dr's
Cons
Management is terrible & they just don't care.
Surgical Specialist
Patient Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2013
I have worked with the company for over four years. Started out on switchboard and worked my way up to front desk and some training on surgery scheduling and precert authorizations. Surgical Specialist has helped me grow and takes good care of employees who work hard. More information available upon request.
Overly busy Surgical Practice
Credentialing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2012
Surgical Specialists of Charlotte has changed rapidly over the last 10 years. They have cut cost and employees to the point of not being able to supply their Patients with the proper care they need or deserve. During my 10 year employment there I've seen a very productive "patient oriented" practice become money and profit oriented. Management is ineffective because they are not allowed to "manage" their departments and must adhere to strict guidelines from Administration, therefore employees have become disgruntled and miserable. Dealing with outrageous Office Politics have become the norm for day-to-day business and makes for a depressing atmosphere to work in.

The job ceased to be enjoyable many years ago.
Pros
healthcare benefit options & 401k
Cons
deliberate lack of communication between administration, management and staff.