Surrey Place

Working at Surrey Place: 23 Reviews

United States23 reviews

workresidentjobcarenursingmanagementemployeepeople

Decent

Only worked here for a few months. Very nice place to work. Management was very understand with my reason for leaving and didn’t give me any problems.

Administration

Administrator too heavily involved with employees, doesn't let charge nurse or DON do their job, too much like working under a dictatorship ruling, she's has no understanding and is not a people person, this is one of the reason of the turnover rate.

Surrey Place insights

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Do Not Apply

This job only want to pay you 12 dollars. Employees drinks at work while taking care of the residents. Management do not care only need a body to work.

Awesome place to work

Surrey place is a good place to work en just oyef working with residents a good place to grow small nursing home it is fun their always have food it is awesome

Poor

Poor will never work there again It was a bad experience The company needs to pay more They need to get better management Was not happy with the people

We encourage staff to dress up on fun daysi ie dress like a hobo we talk about how the hobo's lived and survived.

I like it At Surrey place .I have been here for several years.I am exploring other options as my life style has changed .I enjoy my work with the resident's .The Staff is well trained. The nursing staff that I deal with do a nice job they are always available if and when I need them . I have a good rapport with all of the departments. I would recommend placing a loved one here.

Pros

Staff is allowed free meals on speciäl occasions

Cons

Would like to have more staff paticipate in our theme days.

Stressful

Didn't care for how some patients were being treated by certain workers. Never enough staff to assist patient needs. Worried about issues that weren't as important as taking care of patients.

Emotionally draining work place

Overall great people nursing can be very difficult watching people decline and die wears on your mental status and no matter the environment and no how much you know it's a part of life I'm still overly saddened

Pros

Great people

Cons

Harsh environment

Fun place to work

Be ready to work you have to be on time you have to keep in mind the residents and their family are watching you and will ask you questions you have to alert

Pros

I can eat all day

Cons

Different people attitudes

work

If the administration was better it would be an excellent place to work. I feel that they are trying to get the right person in there to fix the problems that are there. maybe this will help.

Wonderful workers

One of the best nursing homes I've work at. All the workers there are very friendly and willing to help you. The breaks are normally and the residents are okay but they are the same everywhere.

Pros

Co workers, cleaniness

Cons

Not enough momey

Was enjoyable

I found the company to be very suitable to work for, they cared about their patients and their employees. The management was easy to get along with and listened to their employees.

Sorry place to work

This place is full of lying people in management. They treat their residents like garbage. I wouldn't put any of my family members in this nursing home.

Nice environment but benefits are not very good.

This is one of the best nursing facilities I have worked for. I am just not happy with the benefits and I see no room for advancement. I would like to have a chance to make a better salary and better benefits.

Pros

Clean and organized

Cons

no advancement opportunities.

Na

At the time of my employment it was a good place to work. Got my first experience in management. Left the company to pursue higher advancement possibilities

Comfortable work environment

Great benefits, 12 hour shifts. Associated with an accredited hospital. Tuition reimbursement. Great team effort with providing care to residents.

Good Company to work for.

This was a nice place to work. Enjoyed co-workers and immediate supervisors. Was very open to suggestions. They cared about their patients and employees and were constantly trying to improve.

Rewarding job working with geriatrics

Rewarding job working with geriatrics and families. The was at Surrey Place in Ocala Florida. Overall the job was fine but went through new ownership and everything was unknown.

It was a productive place to work

I would give care to the patients that needed my help we would help each other out with the patients the hardest part was when I got hurt on the job and ended up having to step down from working

Pros

the people

Cons

Management did not really care about the employees

Busy and interesting place to work.

While a supervisor, I would assist my team members complete their duties throughout the day. I would ensure the day runs smoothly and on schedule to complete each day successfully. I would interact with Surrey Place residents and their family members along with other Surrey Place staff with concerns they may have. I would inspect each nursing wing to ensure all kitchens were fully stocked with adequate food and other kitchen items. While a dietary aide, I would set up for breakfast and lunch meals in our grand dining room. Take residents' food order and serve meals as restuarant style. Complete various cleaning tasks. My most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the residents. They can give such an insight to the past unlike any textbook in history class or even history movies. Our older generations are the foundation of our future and there are many things to learn from them.

Pros

Wonderful health benefits, great advancement for the healthcare industry. Amazing food provided for employee's meals.

Cons

Sometimes physically demanding/hazardous.

A rehab facility

This is a wonderful place to come for rehab. The therapy department are absolutely the very best. The other staff is mediocre. Some nurses are wonderful and some are awful.

Pros

nothing

Cons

drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surrey Place. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Surrey Place reviews by popular job title

• Surrey Place