Surterra Wellness Employee Reviews

Aspirations for company growth causing employees to be cast aside
Mobile Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 7, 2019
Driving to different locations and counties makes for exciting days. Getting to know customers and how the products help them is uplifting. Company culture has become corporate and much less supportive of employees, even though caring first about employees and customers is still purported to be important to the company. Management does not treat each employee equally, discipline and promotion is not considered equally. Reporting to HR does nothing. Major changes which affect employee's lives are implemented with no notice, many times with no announcement.
Pros
benefits, hourly wage, company vehicle, seeing new places, helping customers
Cons
no advancement, favoritism, hours cut simultaneous with many new hires onboarding
Worst Experience Ever, RUN!
Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 4, 2019
The management team is horrible...no matter what department. They do not communicate with each other and my manager/"Leader" does not communicate with their team. EVERYTHING is unorganized and last minute. There is no work-life balance. There is extreme favoritism as you get things based on if you're the favorite. No one is ever on the same page. There are no consistent policies which lead managers to create their own, dress code for example. It's different depending on who you ask. You get PTO but no time to take it because everything is go, go, go.
Pros
if you aren't hourly then you get unlimited PTO
Cons
benefits arent great, Management is horrible, no communication, no consistency, no investment in associates futures, Higher "Leadership" seems to be lost
Worst job I've ever had...
N/A (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2019
I expected an exciting challenge when I started working here, what I got was a chaotic, disorganized, poorly managed mess. I've never felt so undervalued and overworked. None of the supposed perks made any of the stress and anxiety worth it. Hopefully they get their act together because it should be a great place to work, but its not.
Surterra Wellness
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2019
I can honestly say in about 5 years Surterra would be an awesome place to work. With the lack of structure and leadership it's not there yet. No one is held accountable for their work, everyone is treated differently. No processes are followed from start to finish. We're always piecing together things at the last minute. Surterra needs employees who are passionate about organizational structure, stability and growth. They need people managers who are stable personally and professionally with that said all most everyone working here is a patient of medical marijuana.
Pros
With a great attitude about the continuous ambiguity you'll be fine.
Cons
No accountability
It wasn't what I was expecting
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 26, 2019
Surterra is a growing industry that has many beneficial assets to the job. Working there had its ups and downs, but I didn't enjoy the environment because there was lack of communication within departments and HR is nonexistent on site. There are barely any safety regulations, and there isn't any safety training. This made me uncomfortable, since this is a high security campus that has the potential to encounter many possible risks on site. For many managers, and lead technicians to not have the capability or knowledge to handle emergencies was unacceptable. The job responsibilities were confusing, since there are many people who don't want to put in the work to clean or take care of unwanted tasks. This places many new employees doing tedious and minuscule jobs. As a whole, I wouldn't recommend this company until they are built up, and established. This place has potential, but be warned that they still have many kinks that are potentially hazardous to employees.
Broad and great vision, slow to achieve those goals
WESTCOAST DELIVERY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2019
Surterra was great to me, starting form the ground up, I was very lucky to see the quick expansion. They are very hesitant to provide new opportunities for employees who are well deserved, The environment between departments and what is expected lacks communication. That being said it really helped me develop some great leadership skills and show how much of a grind working in a start up industry can be.
Pros
Future upside
Cons
Pay, employees face many challenges on who to go to or speak with when problems arise.
Rewarding Experience but HR changes things Everyday
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2019
As a Wellness Coordinator you have the opportunity to learn about different pain ailments and teach people how cannabis can help them. Very rewarding!
Start up that started up too fast
Cultivation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wimauma, FLOctober 24, 2017
They didn't take the time to hire properly. It's a vertically integrated business, so i can't speak for any other part of the company other than cultivation.
Pros
Marijuana
Cons
Poor management
Armed Guard
Armed Asset Protection Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2017
Typical day at Surterra is escorting hi profile clients such as Senators and Congressmen and major investors. We provide all of their security and vehicle detail as well. We guard and monitor the property and the high value product and company secrets.