SurveyMonkey Employee Reviews

Constant Change
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 26, 2018
Constant change and disruption in many areas of the business make it difficult to execute on plans and goals. Many peers are concerned about transparency from leadership and impact on individual and team work.
Survey Independent Merchandiser experance
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working with the company. I have worked in merchandising for many years, the job season ended because of the upcoming holiday season. I look forward to continue working with the company after Christmas for more store resets.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
availability of work in area
Worked during a rapid growth period, it shows.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 18, 2017
My internship assignment required me to work with everyone in the engineering department, going through the old programs. Everyone there grew to really like me. I was given some introductory training during the opening week, but my job was simple enough that my manager only needed to check in a couple of times. It was a highly satisfying job, and I loved the people and the community there. It was a temporary job, though, and the main office has moved since I worked at SurveyMonkey. Still, I'll always treasure my time there.
Pros
Free snacks, game room, supportive community
Great work place with unparalleled fringe benefits
Customer Engagement Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 7, 2017
SurveyMonkey offers employees 4x week of catered breakfast and lunch, with a full cafeteria, all free to employees. This provides great team comradery and engagement which promotes and encourages on-site lunches, and arriving to work promptly.

Roles vary at SurveyMonkey, with a Customer Engagement Representative being an entry-level position. Unfortunately, the company does not have a high turnover rate or much room for advancement. The CER role can be very mundane, heavily (all) computer-based with little interaction among colleagues. Daily expectations for this role will include sending multiple emails per day and analyzing data.

On-site recreational perks such as pool table, ping pong table, adult beverages, massage chair and quiet room and adult beverages are offered, proving an adequate work/leisure balance.
Pros
Fringe benefits
Cons
Little advancement opportunities
Wonderful Place to Work
Customer Engagement Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 1, 2016
I love SurveyMonkey. If it were up to me, I'd never leave. Unfortunately, my current role doesn't have a lot of room for advancement. However, management is great, my colleagues are some of the best I could ever ask for, and the compensation and benefits shows that they care about you as an individual.
Pros
Free lunch, great healthcare, friendly atmosphere, transportation benefits, gym benefits
Great workplace dynamics where the employee's needs definitely comes first before the needs of the organization.
Customer Engagement Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 21, 2015
The entirety of the position speaks for itself. Tasked to provide excellent customer service where the customer's needs are the most important aspect of the position. The job was largely e-mail based, thus the interaction with customers exists however, there's a lack of interpersonal communication and face-to-face relations. The working environment was perpetuated by personal but public performance metrics which fostered a competitive and exhilarating day-to-day.
Pros
Dynamic job skill set, many facets to the day-to-day operations
Cons
Perfomance Metrics, Lack of Interpersonal relations and face-to-face interaction.
Fun Place
PHP Engineer / Wordpress Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo AltoJune 28, 2015
Great place, with a great corporate culture. Awesome people and management that really tries and works hard to be quality leaders.
Good people and benefits
Team Lead of Account Management (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Recommend working here if you're fresh out of college and looking to gain corporate work experience.
Fun work place, great People
Methodology Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 27, 2012
I worked there for a summer as an intern and Absolutely adore this company, people is great, the workplace is very fun and convenient and best of all was the free lunch and the unlimited snack bar.
Pros
free lunch, snack bar, great people