Susan G. Komen Employee Reviews

Great place to intern!
More Than Pink Intern (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 25, 2018
The ladies in the office are all professional and passionate about what they do. The events are fun and fast paced and there is a lot of room for creativity.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
unpaid
Quiet, learned my job quickly
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2018
Very limited training. Did just what I was trained to do. Was only trained to do one specific step in accounts payable area. That was the only step. That was the only thing that I did. Would have loved to have been trained to have more responsibilities. I would have loved to be kept busier. Management did not seem to be really interested in training me further or keeping me busier. Workplace culture was very friendly once they let us have our quarterly meetings. Otherwise, everything was so quiet. No one seemed to really want to talk or be very friendly.
Fun environment with amazing staffs.
Communication Associate Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2018
It's a good place to start off your resume if you are looking for some exposure in the non profit work and environment. Amicable work environment and staffs. Some disadvantages include no pay and no possible job opportunities for interns.
Pros
great staffs, friendly environment
Cons
no prospect of growth
Awesome Place
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 25, 2018
When I was there, everyone was welcoming and happy to teach what they knew about the job and about what they do. They are very happy to teach and inform about breast cancer and that is awesome.
Great place to work to have a great impact on the community
Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2018
As a reviewer, I had the opportunity to provide input on prospective grantees who in their unique way impacted breast cancer prevention, treatment and care in their communities. As a male and a person of color I found the work to be extremely rewarding and continue to value my professional experience working within the organization.
close knit community
Public Relations Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2018
awesome staff, awesome cause, work environment is quiet, everyone is close it is very personable, spent most of my time with data analysis and working with constant contact.
Intern
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 13, 2018
I was an intern and everybody was very kind and helpful. There is nothing I can complain about as I got good experience on social media and marketing.
Fun environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 7, 2018
I loved being able to fundraise for a cause. The office was small so we really got to know each other well. The hours are flexible and the training is simple.
The Organization need a Human resource department
Grants Coordinator (Grants and Education) (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRMarch 27, 2018
The job assignment and benefits do not math with competitive salary. I suggest a Human Resource Department. The organizations do not offer proffesional growing about other positions.
Power of Pink!
Fundraising and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 12, 2018
Being an intern at Komean East TN was a very humbling experience. As an intern, I learned a lot of valuable lessons that will help me for years to come. For instance: hard work does pay off. I was always amazed at my co-workers' enthusiasm and motivation. Working at Komen was filled with highs and lows. When events are weeks or months away, we are hard at work preparing for them by gathering sponsors / donors and making sure that the necessary items / volunteers are gathered for the event set up. However, when events are over, we experience the odd sensation of relief and relaxation until the next event rolls around.

Overall, I may not recommend many to work for Komen, but it would do some good to volunteer for them at their events and see the positive change that they make first hand.
Pros
Very friendly staff; compensation pay for gas; lots of gift cards
Cons
Can be boring, no pay; very little staff
My all time favorite place to work!
Director, Education (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2017
Culture was forward thinking and opportunities were endless. Supportive environment to advance professional and personal goals. Engaged with community at various levels.
Summer Internship
Fundraising events intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2017
Susan G. Komen is a fantastic place to work! I loved it here and learned so much about myself and growing professionally. I had great leadership throughout my time there and great coworkers.
Rewarding position and pleased to be a part of a great cause
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2017
Was an honor to work with and support men and women who may have or know someone who has breast cancer. I worked with a great team and was very sad to learn the company had to down-size which resulted in a layoff for me
Pros
Great people - Great Healthcare Package - Competitive Pay
Cons
Not enough promotion from within
Great Company Environment for a Great Cause
Brand Ambassador & Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
Susan G. Komen supplied me with a learning experience while working with digital media. I expanded my practice of social media through outlets such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. It is an enjoyable company to work for as their main goal is something that is close to my heart.
Very cheerful and busy
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed the atmosphere where I worked. The job was always busy but good. I loved the work that they had me doing. They always kept me busy and they always had something for me to do.
Assisting those moving out of homelessness
Assisted the executive director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 4, 2017
My role in Susan G Komen was simply an internship to learn how best to manage non profit organizations and to assist those in the community. My experience was that it was a very dedicated organization that has a positive impact in the community.
Fun, awesome, the Supervisor was really sweet
Filing and organizing (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 2, 2017
I loved working for Susan G. Komen. I didn't get paid for the hours I worked, but it was not a big deal. To me money isn't everything.
The staff members were amazing. I loved the supervisor. They were helpful and very hardworking and they kept me busy. I think the most enjoyable part of that job was the atmosphere and the work ethic. They were well organized and I would love to keep working for them.
Pros
They were very cheerful, and hardworking.
Cons
It wasn't a paying job
Challenging culture with financial problems
Development and Partnerships Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
Komen is in desperate need of strong, capable leaders. Those leaders should focus on building and improving the culture rather than focusing on personal gain and power plays.
Pros
Worthy cause
Cons
Toxic environment
Best non-profit!
Corporate Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2017
Susan G. Komen headqarters is a wonderful place to work. They truly care about each of their employees and every element of work that is assigned or performed is tied to the mission of ending breast cancer. This organization does everything in their power to ensure all funds work towards the mission. Wonderful colleagues/team atmosphere!
Educational
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 18, 2017
I learned the basics of event planning and business to guide me further in my career. I have learned organizational skills, teamwork and hard work over the pas