SUSE Employee Reviews

Really good and really bad
Marketing (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 15, 2018
It all depends on who you work for. The company and senior leadership (above vp level) is great. The CEO, in particular, is a great businessperson, but also cares about his employees. Below evp level, you can run into some micro managers who profess to give you leeway, but then don't. Some middle managers go after their colleagues, and some department heads seem to encourage that behavior, wanting to see who will survive. It's a highly distributed workforce, so the hours can be long due to conference calls with other regions. Working from home was good, though.

I really wanted to like working for this company (and most of the time I did), but after seeing how my department vp treated people she disagreed with, I could no longer recommend it as a good place to work - borderline discrimination, even. I think other areas of the company are pretty good.
company was good, manegment was horrible!
Sr Linux Technical Spec (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2015
loved working for the company ... co workers were great, software is great. My Manager was not so great, he had no backbone and would not stand up for his workers. If they were to get rid of some of the slack account executives, that would make it even better!
Pros
salary, co workers, etc
Cons
horrible manaegment
Inept Management at Capital firm, Dying Partner Brands
Territory Sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 6, 2014
SUSE Needs to be spun off to a larger company that can take advantage of its overall growth potential and engineering strength. The parent companies of Novell and the Capital Management firm are in a position to do neither.
Pros
Brilliant Engineers, Great people
Cons
inept management at top driving business decisions
great company to work at
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 3, 2013
Great company to work at. Great benefits, work hours and people
Pros
great benefits, work hours and people