Sushi Zushi Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Rad
Bartender, Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2018
Good food, sometimes power-tripping managers but not all of them. Get paid!! Pays better than most other service industry jobs. Even drivers get paid well and they have their own cars, so the company buys gas etc.
Unorganized
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2018
Small company where no one is on the same page with one another. Outdated systems and procedures make work twice as hard. Spend more time doing paperwork than managing.
Pros
good food
Cons
too many to list
Great job as far as service industry goes
Bartender, Cashier, Driver, Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2018
The bad news: it's still the service industry. So it can still be rough at times. But as far as food service goes, this place is top notch and pays well. And the food is great! It goes through some strange management choices (occasional power-trippers), but I suppose that's true of any restaurant. Hard to advance, but it can be done. Even drivers get paid great. Very much enjoyed my 2+ years here.
Pros
Benefits for full-time, food discounts, fantastic food, cool atmosphere
Cons
Only certain personality types promoted to bar and not always the best candidates, strange experience trying to advance
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2018
Was a great work experience.Learned how to work in a fast paced down town Austin restaurant and met a lot of great people in the process.Whilst also keeping up a good work ethic
great place, great food, great managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2018
-you gain some good friends working here
-really great clientele and great tips
-we learn alot about the rolls due to our pre shift meal. great way for newcomers to learn the menu
overall fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2018
fun work environment, quick paced, management is always there to help no matter how busy it gets. Everyone works as a team and tries to help each other out like any other restaurant would.
Working here is great
Head Driver/ Bartender/ Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Working at Sushi Sushi was a great experience. At the time, it was exactly what i needed to grow as a person as well as professionally. While it has its hiccups, like all restaurants, it is professional and well managed all the way around.
fast paced work place with great food
host, busser and at cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2018
i would usually come in at 4pm, and work as both host and busser, it would be pretty easy from 4-6 but from 7-10 I would constantly be bussing and seating customers, as well as helping servers and dish washers. I was fond of all my coworkers, but the rush would make a a very stressful environment, and put many of the employees in bad moods behind the scenes, which contributed to my departure. I liked the establishment and employees, but not many of them seemed to be happy, which made the place a drag at times.
Pros
great food, great people
Cons
no breaks, slow mornings, packed nights
Only Downhill
Server (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 14, 2018
The business was so slow, even on Fridays and Saturdays. This stressed out the owner who in turn stressed out the manager who took his anger out on his employees. They also take FIFTY PERCENT OF YOUR TIPS.
Pros
Relaxed because there's never customers
Cons
They take half your tips and treat you poorly
Productive and fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2017
It was a good place to work overall everything was well organized and structured and the people were all great my favorite job by far this place is nice.
Good
Cons
Place
Don't work here if you want to enjoy what you do
Marketing Manager | Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2017
Sushi Zushi used to be a great concept until the company made moves to become extremely corporate. The CEO is extremely cut-throat and the corporate team is constantly in fear for their jobs.
Pros
good sushi
Cons
people
Low pay at first even with experience
Sushi Chef (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78258October 18, 2017
I had plenty of experience when working there, but I was hired on as one of the lower pay individuals. There was a lack of team work and coworkers always tried to take advantage of the people that tried to get the job done to be prepared. Stressful work environment, management loads you with more work if you work quicker than others, and give you no sort of kudos for cooperating with the extracurricular work.
cool place, cool people
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2017
you know how it goes, that one guy who doesn't know how to relate to anyone and who is kind of a jerk somehow became a manager. other than that one guy it was a really cool group of people, even the other managers were great to work for.
terrible place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2017
do not work here. tip outs suck and are unfair. management sucks. clientele is hit or miss. They lose your paper work and generally do not care about the servers.
easy going and fun
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2017
its an easy going place to work the employees are fun and helpful.. the work days are mostly five hours maybe six. its easy work for decent pay. I would recomend it to any of my friends
Challenging work environment
Sushi Chef (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Excellent opportunity to learn and grow in this field. Fast paced and entertaining. I learned more working at this one business than I have in the entirety of my sushi career.
Good Place to work
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Good place for a new manger to start , strong core of employees it can be challenging with changes at times, management has their hands tied at times but quality of life is good
Pros
Quality of life is good
Cons
Management has their hands tide at times
summary
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2017
Delivered fast and friendly sushi to the general area of Stone Oak. Loved the environment and working there in general was very calm and relaxing. I would recommend it
Poor management
Server in upscale Riverwalk setting (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2017
There is no structure in the downtown location. Managers reward whoever they like, or who bugs them enough, instead of recognizing hard workers. Constant harrassment amongst employees. Management does nothing and some times participates.
Quick and easy work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2017
The hardest part of the job is when my coworkers do not do the work that they are assign due to job title. I don't mind having to make up for it, but its a team game. That is about it, other then that its a cool and fun environment to work in.