Sushi Zushi Employee Reviews

Great job as far as service industry goes
Bartender, Cashier, Driver, Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2018
The bad news: it's still the service industry. So it can still be rough at times. But as far as food service goes, this place is top notch and pays well. And the food is great! It goes through some strange management choices (occasional power-trippers), but I suppose that's true of any restaurant. Hard to advance, but it can be done. Even drivers get paid great. Very much enjoyed my 2+ years here.
Pros
Benefits for full-time, food discounts, fantastic food, cool atmosphere
Cons
Only certain personality types promoted to bar and not always the best candidates, strange experience trying to advance
While working there was fun, it was tough to manage school and working weird hours that the managers decided for me.
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2018
Balanced school and work at the same time but the managers were not flexible with schedules and decided shifts for me and failed to inform me that i was coming in all the time. good place and fun work experience but it is hard working with people who refuse to work with you.
Pros
discount
Cons
management switches schedules and doesnt inform
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2018
Most managers there are very relaxed and nice. They are usually understanding and help you out when you need it. There is only one manager inpaticular that is more strict and less forgiving but over all there is good management.
Pros
Discounts, tips
Cons
sometimes really slow
Head Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Management team is good, professional, organized, The culture is productive, fair, and consistent.Its a fast pace with a relaxed feel. Good place to work and make money.
I have enjoyed working at Sushi Zushi, the atmosphere is awesome and my guests and coworkers are great.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
During my time here at Sushi Zushi I have grown to love so many things about it. The people I work with, my guests and of course the amount of money I have made. Management is great aside from a few acceptions. I highly enjoy the fast pace lunch and dinner rushes and the hustle and bustle of the holiday times. The hardest part though is the slow times like right now. I have made lots of great friends there but of course like all work places, I am there simply to work hard and achieve the highest possible profit from my guests.
Pros
walking out with money everyday, friendly coworkers and guests
Cons
no healthcare benefits for servers or any front of the house employees
This is a great company to work for !
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Austin Texas proves to keep pushing the vast selection of its amazing food spots !

Sushi zushi is your spot to go for your sushi cravings

I enjoyed working with this incredibly fun staff
Rad
Bartender, Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2018
Good food, sometimes power-tripping managers but not all of them. Get paid!! Pays better than most other service industry jobs. Even drivers get paid well and they have their own cars, so the company buys gas etc.
Good
Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2018
This job was very fast paced. The management at the uptown location is very good. The overall working environment is very relaxed, but like all workplaces, there can be issues between coworkers in terms of communication.
Pros
Cash tips everyday
Cons
No consistency of pay. Make as low as $5 a day and up to $100+
Unorganized
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2018
Small company where no one is on the same page with one another. Outdated systems and procedures make work twice as hard. Spend more time doing paperwork than managing.
Pros
good food
Cons
too many to list
fast paced work place with great food
host, busser and at cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2018
i would usually come in at 4pm, and work as both host and busser, it would be pretty easy from 4-6 but from 7-10 I would constantly be bussing and seating customers, as well as helping servers and dish washers. I was fond of all my coworkers, but the rush would make a a very stressful environment, and put many of the employees in bad moods behind the scenes, which contributed to my departure. I liked the establishment and employees, but not many of them seemed to be happy, which made the place a drag at times.
Pros
great food, great people
Cons
no breaks, slow mornings, packed nights
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2018
Was a great work experience.Learned how to work in a fast paced down town Austin restaurant and met a lot of great people in the process.Whilst also keeping up a good work ethic
overall fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2018
fun work environment, quick paced, management is always there to help no matter how busy it gets. Everyone works as a team and tries to help each other out like any other restaurant would.
great place, great food, great managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2018
-you gain some good friends working here
-really great clientele and great tips
-we learn alot about the rolls due to our pre shift meal. great way for newcomers to learn the menu
Don't work here if you want to enjoy what you do
Marketing Manager | Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2017
Sushi Zushi used to be a great concept until the company made moves to become extremely corporate. The CEO is extremely cut-throat and the corporate team is constantly in fear for their jobs.
Pros
good sushi
Cons
people
Working here is great
Head Driver/ Bartender/ Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Working at Sushi Sushi was a great experience. At the time, it was exactly what i needed to grow as a person as well as professionally. While it has its hiccups, like all restaurants, it is professional and well managed all the way around.
Low pay at first even with experience
Sushi Chef (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78258October 18, 2017
I had plenty of experience when working there, but I was hired on as one of the lower pay individuals. There was a lack of team work and coworkers always tried to take advantage of the people that tried to get the job done to be prepared. Stressful work environment, management loads you with more work if you work quicker than others, and give you no sort of kudos for cooperating with the extracurricular work.
Only Downhill
Server (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 14, 2018
The business was so slow, even on Fridays and Saturdays. This stressed out the owner who in turn stressed out the manager who took his anger out on his employees. They also take FIFTY PERCENT OF YOUR TIPS.
Pros
Relaxed because there's never customers
Cons
They take half your tips and treat you poorly
Very informative and opens the door to a new culture of cooking
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2017
I have gained a lot of useful knowledge for my days with Sushi Zushi. I look forward to using this knowledge in the future. I only wish there was a more work- life balance. On days off managers are still required to follow up on emails, place orders and answer text form store. There is not a good balance as far as work loads with management team, The more experienced managers get tasked with about 60% of the total work load.
Pros
Management is eligible for a week vacation after one year with the company.
Cons
Management is only allotted $150 to eat or use on days off per month
Productive and fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2017
It was a good place to work overall everything was well organized and structured and the people were all great my favorite job by far this place is nice.
Good
Cons
Place
Run of the mill restaurant workplace. Would recommend.
Driver/ Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2017
If you've ever worked for a restaurant before you have worked for this one as well. Nothing shocking except better than average management and unique offerings on the menu.
Pros
Low hours, good pay.
Cons
Low hours, bad pay.